Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:45:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread  (Read 41772 times)
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 06:08:43 PM

wow someone keep buying Dash on Poloniex, 1 MN at a time...  Shocked Shocked Shocked

i bet there is some great progress within the code...

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 01:59:23 AM

wow someone keep buying Dash on Poloniex, 1 MN at a time...  Shocked Shocked Shocked

While that's good to see, I'm not sure of the reason. Plenty of room in Dash Nation for everyone, though! Open testing for V12.1 will begin soon, most likely Monday, so that may have something to do with it. We had three straight weeks of gains for the Tao Index recently, so its been a consistent uptrend.

noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 04:30:03 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2016, 10:27:09 AM by noobtrader

While that's good to see, I'm not sure of the reason. Plenty of room in Dash Nation for everyone, though! Open testing for V12.1 will begin soon, most likely Monday, so that may have something to do with it. We had three straight weeks of gains for the Tao Index recently, so its been a consistent uptrend.

few hours ago TPTB claim that he can make Dash has total superiority against all current crypto in both anonimity and performance... i wonder if you has more info  Wink

EDIT :: False alarm LOL...  

EDIT 2 :

wow... this is new development    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin  

im preparing popcorn now... LOL   Cheesy

... and the post has now being removed. Frankly fixing Darksend could be worth a lot of money so no hard feelings towards TPTB_need_war for trying. If TPTB_need_war actually has a solution, I am sure the Dash community will pay him for it and it will be money well earned. Does the Monero community have to be concerned about all of this. I doubt it.

All mixing that is active requires, obviously, activity. If you don't get activity up you won't ever significantly increase transaction speed of CoinJoin / DarkSend transactions. Fortunately, Monero mixes passively and therefore doesn't require activity of other participants on the network.

Actually there is only an activity threshold above which offchain mixing can be just as fast as onchain. Actually to do ring mixing correctly so that rings never can overlap in ways that allow combinatorial unmasking, Monero should require activity, but I was apparently never able to get Shen-Noether to understand this during our Reddit discussions last year (because he is a condescending prick in the same mold as Gregory Maxwell who thinks he is too smart, actually they appear to hobknob together sometimes), so afaik Monero remains "broken" (suboptimal). The advantage of adopting my idea for preventing combinatorial unmasking, is it would also make the block chain entirely prunable, not just compressable (which afaik is what Monero and BBR erroneously label "pruning").

The key breakthrough is to remove the simultaneity requirement (lol, I am the one who fixes Gregory Maxwell's broken CoinJoin in 10 minutes of my spare time while my head is deep in designing a programming language), and on further thought I've decided I want to embarrass noobtrader (to show my appreciation for his disrepect) so I went ahead and I think figured out how to eliminate the simultaneity requirement in CoinJoin! I figured out how to eliminate the short-term trust aspect! Another advantage is it can radically improve the robustness of decentralized exchange as well.

It will reduce the block chain size considerably. I also see how to put a viewkey in it. And the mix anonymity sets can be huge, say 50 or 100 transactions per mix (or more!). The disadvantage is the masternode can see the correlation of inputs to outputs. But just like any mixing method, if mix over and over, the probability of your anonymity set being known to any one party diminishes in probability.

You'd still need stealth addresses to achieve the delinking from the recipient's public key.

Another potential advantage may be that this technique I've just invented gives you IP address obfuscation inherently, which is one of the big weakness of Monero. Monero adds I2P integration to attempt to overcome this weakness.

My apologies to ArticMine. I am rushing so much, that I mistakenly (cross-eyed) attributed the above quoted disrespect to him.

Edit: my discovery for offchain mixing (fixing CoinJoin) to remove the simultaneity requirement, is essentially something like a ring signature, but the signers don't need to include the other signers in their signature. The ring is formed by the masternode. It is quite clever. I don't know why I didn't think of it before! The reason Gmaxwell didn't think of this, is it because it requires the knowledge I did for the fixing the atomic DE protocol of TierNolan. The insight comes from the work I did there.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 04:45:24 AM

few hours ago TPTB claim that he can make Dash has total superiority against all current crypto in both anonimity and performance... i wonder if you has more info  Wink
I saw that, but then I also saw that the post was deleted. Wondering if what he said was legit, why would he delete it? That whole thing was strange. If he has indeed found a way to improve PrivacyProtect as he claims, he will be rewarded well by Dash, I'm sure of that.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 09:28:39 AM

few hours ago TPTB claim that he can make Dash has total superiority against all current crypto in both anonimity and performance... i wonder if you has more info  Wink
I saw that, but then I also saw that the post was deleted. Wondering if what he said was legit, why would he delete it? That whole thing was strange. If he has indeed found a way to improve PrivacyProtect as he claims, he will be rewarded well by Dash, I'm sure of that.

With regards to PrivacyProtect (Darksend) and InstantX i think in the end it is getting rebranded to PrivateSend & InstantSend

ref : https://github.com/dashpay/dash/commit/5091ac939b392a3c57ee1ba60c5082c68af0b1df

it could be just an internal rebranding though...

Edit : By the way, i also noticed the deleted post of TPTB. I guess we will just have to wait and see whats up with that.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 04:29:31 PM

With regards to PrivacyProtect (Darksend) and InstantX i think in the end it is getting rebranded to PrivateSend & InstantSend
Confirmed. This is a proud day for me, as my suggestion to streamline the Dash wallet with the descriptive terms PrivateSend and InstantSend has been accepted and implemented:

This will make it much easier for newbs to understand the purpose of each function.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 10:10:42 PM

Good afternoon all.

A new Facebook Dash community has been established:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/digitalcash/

Feel free to post there about any pertinent issues related to Dash, including this nice price rise we've been seeing lately.

Speaking of which, when you have a dedicated, professional team working together to get results, with a goal of building the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, seeing these price rises can feel rewarding. But, we are nowhere near our destination which is being the Internet of Money, so lots of room for growth.

Great times for Dash Nation. If you value progress, optimism and decentralized technology, please join us.

Tao
Informative links in the OP.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 10:54:10 PM

Evan Duffield opens up his Twitter account, instantly becoming a must-follow:

www.twitter.com/eduffield

If you're on Twitter, be sure to follow to get the latest insights from the brilliant developer.

#DashNation #IoM

MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:44:15 AM

Confirmed. This is a proud day for me, as my suggestion to streamline the Dash wallet with the descriptive terms PrivateSend and InstantSend has been accepted and implemented:

This will make it much easier for newbs to understand the purpose of each function.

i wasn't sure i liked it at first but after seeing it i really like it, it really flows and is easy to understand. i just really liked "instanTx" and hated to see it go, same with "Darkcoin".

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 03:17:34 AM

YouTube #1 is back in Business
all guides / multiple langues are back on !
Please update your old links/embedded links (all changed) + Subscribe to this New Updated Chanel
tx
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAzD2v9Yx4a4iS2_-unODkA
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 03:30:49 AM

i wasn't sure i liked it at first but after seeing it i really like it, it really flows and is easy to understand. i just really liked "instanTx" and hated to see it go, same with "Darkcoin".
Yeah, the new terms will be easier to understand until the time comes that we don't need them anymore. With Evolution when it's done, every transaction will be instant and private by default.  Smiley

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 03:39:07 AM

With Blockstream's current Thunder and future Lightning networks, should Dash be worried?

http://dashpaymagazine.com/index.php/2016/05/17/lightning-thunder-dash-worried/

An article by Dash Nation's TanteStefana.

#DashNation #IoM

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 04:17:00 PM

Join Dash Nation. Save Your Cash.

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation/join-dash-nation-save-your-cash-1808709275.html

#DashNation #IoM

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 05:38:59 PM

Good afternoon, folks. I hope you're enjoying your weekend.

The Dash Nation campaign is about to kick into a higher gear, its message of community strength and financial empowerment has inspired some others to help me further this concept. Look for a new website, subreddit and social media outlets under the Dash Nation banner:

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/upgrading-taos-dash-nation-concept.8993/

Dash appeared on Bitcoin.com with this article about the investment quality of Masternodes:

https://news.bitcoin.com/study-dash-masternode-18-roi/

I know the feeling of getting paid from the blockchain in return for supporting it... A great symbiotic relationship.

There's been a lot of hype lately about the DAO and the rise of ETH. Here is a little article that explains why the DAO may run into a few issues, as technology can never quite trump the human dynamic:

https://steemit.com/crypto-news/@dan/is-the-dao-going-to-be-doa

Dash offers an established alternative which is still evolving. It's very exciting to be a part of.

If you value progress, optimism and decentralized technology, you're welcome to join us in Dash Nation.

Cheers,

Tao
Informative links in the OP.

Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:35:31 PM

Proposal: Electrum KeepKey Hardware Wallet Integration

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-electrum-keepkey-hardware-wallet-integration.8999/
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 07:09:06 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 07:40:32 PM by TaoOfSaatoshi

Reminder to all: The Dash Podcast with Daniel Diaz and Ira Miller discussing fiat gateways starts today at 4PM EST!

https://youtu.be/qzgUGU_RMGI

#DashNation #IoM

Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:36:31 PM

Proposal: WebEx Premium Subscription

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-webex-premium-subscription.9007/
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 03:10:57 AM

Neocash Radio looks to be joining Dash Nation!

They discuss Dash toward the end of this podcast, and consider it to be "the future of currency".

http://neocashradio.com/blog/episode-157-masternodes-dash-bitcoins-dreams/

#DashNation #IoM

BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:06:38 PM

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 09:21:41 PM

Dash Nation spreads through Russia with an appearance on a Russian news show:

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation/tao-1815924724.html

#DashNation #IoM

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: