Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:42:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitland - ICO - Decentralized Land Registry  (Read 84764 times)
kidyubyub

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

http://taas.fund

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 01:44:25 PM

Signature changed - PM incoming!

Thank you for doing this.

██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███
███████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███
███████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
██████████████     ███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████
██████████████     ███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████

T O K E N  -  A S  -  A  -  S E R V I C E

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tabali tigi

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 02:18:48 PM

Here is part of the Forbes article about Bitland:

A new Blockchain-based initiative in West Africa aims to stamp out corruption and is touting to “free up trillions of dollars” in locked capital for infrastructure development. It’s a bold stab by a bunch of tech pioneers from the US, Denmark, Ghana and further afield at fighting government corruption and empowering people through legal ownership.

Blockchain technology, which underpins Bitcoin and has been the inspiration for other cryptocurrencies, functions as a powerful decentralized ledger that records every transaction and stores information on a global network that cannot be interfered with. Not surprisingly a number of banks see blockchain technology as being ripe to be leveraged in areas including exchanges and remittances.

As such, the blockchain offers huge advantages in cost, transparency and reliability thanks to the “immutable nature of decentralized ledgers” according to one of the pioneers behind the new initiative, Ronny Boesing, CEO and founder of Danish cryptocurrency exchange CCEDK.

However, these benefits often fail to resonate due to the markets targeted and the way in which they are communicated. Still, the project from Bitland, a development platform embracing an educational initiative, aims to show the local population how the new technology can bring their country into the future. The mission itself has been outlined in a 22-page white paper.

“Bitland puts the human element back into the decentralization movement by bringing blockchain technology directly to the people, face to face,” says Boesing.

The organization reveals that its goal is to provide services that allow individuals and groups to survey land and record title deeds on the Bitland blockchain – providing a permanent and auditable record – as well as acting as a liaison with the government to help resolve disputes.

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 04:22:40 PM

If you look at the number of contributors, there have actually started to be a significant number of contributors so far.  I am extremely thankful for everyone that has been a participant so far, and look forward to anyone who contributes.

You can follow the contributors/escrow here:
http://cryptofresh.com/u/ccedk.escrow

Cheers!

Chris

josegines

Activity: 814
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 05:03:15 PM

when CADASTRAL delivered, after June 1 or part is distributed after May 1?

as delivered within Openledger or CCEDK will send them to the donor wallet?

QUBIC: a quorum-based computations protocol.- by Come-from-Beyond
What is Qubic?
Coinmarketcap(Qubic) Coingecko(Qubic)
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 06:21:32 PM

when CADASTRAL delivered, after June 1 or part is distributed after May 1?

as delivered within Openledger or CCEDK will send them to the donor wallet?

Cadastrals will all be sent out after phase 2 completion.  Will be sent directly back to donor wallet on CCEDK/Openledger.  This is why we are doing the ICO this way, as it directly allows CADS to be sent right back to the account which sent the BTC.

Cheers!

Chris

tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:39:22 PM

Where can I follow how many Cadastrals are currently sold?  Is it little over 300 000 right now according to ccedk.escrow ?
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 06:47:55 PM

Where can I follow how many Cadastrals are currently sold?  Is it little over 300 000 right now according to ccedk.escrow ?

You can follow the sale at the following link:

http://cryptofresh.com/u/ccedk.escrow

You are correct, it's coming up on 300,000.

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 06:49:31 PM

It's officially 14 days left in Phase 1.

There is a countdown clock on our website if you ever want to see how much is left in Phase 1.

bitland.world

The following link is the "how to purchase" instructions.

www.bitland.world/how-to-purchase-cadastrals/

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 07:09:26 PM

More articles about Bitland are starting to pop up:

http://www.enterpreneurialand.com/bitlands-african-blockchain-initiative-putting-land-on-the-ledger/

http://www.helenabitcoinmining.com/2016/04/07/bitland-blockchain-initiative-seeks-to-create-reliable-land-titles-in-africa/

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/blockchain-initiatives-going-mainstream/

http://techbackoffice.com/bitlands-african-blockchain-initiative-putting-land-on-the-ledger/

Cheers!

Chris

Andeze17

Activity: 650
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:11:56 PM

This looks like a fascinating project. Interesting to see how it goes.
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 07:24:30 PM

This looks like a fascinating project. Interesting to see how it goes.

Thanks for the kind words!

We know that once enough people see the potential in the application of the blockchain to fight government corruption, it will only be a matter of time before we get all the support we need.

Cheers!

Chris

egg

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:25:16 PM

Some of the team looks like badass rappers lolll
LOl, u kidding me Grin
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 12:27:06 AM

Some of the team looks like badass rappers lolll
LOl, u kidding me Grin

How many people you know that perform in a Predator mask?

I do happen to be on a music label as well as other things.

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 12:31:06 AM

I'm not saying that I'm "old", but I have had enough years on this planet to do a LOT of things, lol.

Yeah, that's how I'll say it Smiley

Cheers!

Chris

WayToGo

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 05:50:12 AM

Any exchanges you planning to hit after phase 1?
marechoux

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:16:09 AM

Very interesting project !

This is where blockchain is usefull.

However  I have some difficulties to understand the economics behind this project.

You will find below what I understood, thanks to correct and/or complete :

Crypto economics :

People invest in crowdsale and at phase 1 get 10.000 CADASTRAL per  BTC invested then 20% of profits made by bitland will be given to share holders proportionally to their share (The token has no value else than to get these 20% profit, thought price can vary depending on the succes of bitland).

This part seems understood on my side.

Real world economics :

Bitland will register land title on blockchain to get the trust of the bockchain and a way to lower the cost.

You will physically see people and register their home on the blockchain and owners will pay you to do this job (this is how the company will get rewarded), you will actually act as a a notary . On this part I am wondering if government has already confirmed that the land title on the blockchain will be recognized?

I will think for few days about this project but I am pretty enthusiastic to invest for that kind of project.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 08:31:22 AM

Very interesting project !

This is where blockchain is usefull.

However  I have some difficulties to understand the economics behind this project.

You will find below what I understood, thanks to correct and/or complete :

Crypto economics :

People invest in crowdsale and at phase 1 get 10.000 CADASTRAL per  BTC invested then 20% of profits made by bitland will be given to share holders proportionally to their share (The token has no value else than to get these 20% profit, thought price can vary depending on the succes of bitland).

Real world economics :

Bitland will register land title on blockchain to get the trust of the bockchain and a way to lower the cost.

You will physically see people and register their home on the blockchain and owners will pay you to do this job (this is how the company will get rewarded), you will actually act as a a notary . On this part I am wondering if government has already confirmed that the land title on the blockchain will be recognized?

I will think for few days about this project but I am pretty enthusiastic to invest for that kind of project.

I think that's why they call it a pilot Wink
marechoux

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 10:52:23 AM

Some other question which come to my mind :

-Do you really think that after 3 tmes increased in price people will still invest in ICO?

-Is there a minimum amount required to launch the project?

-21 millions coins for ICO / 9 millions for running the company, what if you sell only 2 millions coins even after phase 2, will you burn the rest? Keep it for yourself?

-Also if only 3 millions coins sold then 9 millions coins represent a huge part of the company, the ratio 9/30 would be totally different ( like 9/12), wouldn't it be a problem?

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 12:04:19 PM

Some other question which come to my mind :

-Do you really think that after 3 tmes increased in price people will still invest in ICO?

-Is there a minimum amount required to launch the project?

-21 millions coins for ICO / 9 millions for running the company, what if you sell only 2 millions coins even after phase 2, will you burn the rest? Keep it for yourself?

-Also if only 3 millions coins sold then 9 millions coins represent a huge part of the company, the ratio 9/30 would be totally different ( like 9/12), wouldn't it be a problem?

Yes, we have valued the tokens at a rate where 30,000 Satoshi is STILL extremely low and has much room for growth.

The minimum we will need to get through the next 3 months is something like $50,000, an we can get through operations without having the solar powered network installed.

No coins will be burned, as the budget isn't really changeable.  If all 21 million are not sold during ICO, 1/12th of tokens left will be released per month to be sold at price above ICO price so market is not flooded, but the project will still be able to get the funding within the next 12 months.

If only 3 million tokens are sold, the 9 million that are left with the company have been alotted so that they are not distributed for the next 99 years.  If 3 million were sold, the 3 million would still outnumber the tokens released by the company within the next 12 months.

Out of the 9 Million left with the company, 2 million are allotted for payment of contractors/workers from Bitland.  The other 7 million are allotted as follows:

- 3 Million Designated to Smart Contract Oracles distributed over next 99 years
- 4 Million For Reserve for Governments to buy tokens, then pay out contracts through Bitland
Global GUI/Hardware

Since the supply is capped at 30 million, and the tokens that are meant to be sold have a designated cost associated with them, burning the tokens would only serve to reduce the supply a small bit, and in turn the project would probably not see the full budget.  In the case that the tokens aren't sold completely the 1/12th per month release will ensure that the price doesn't see a major dump because too many tokens coming on the market at once.

As far as trying to hit other exchanges, we've already submitted our requests for Poloniex and Bittrex, but it takes a LOT of community activity before they will add a token.  Really, we have absolutely no control over being added to the big exchanges.

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 12:09:28 PM

Crypto economics :

Real world economics :

You skipped phase 2 in your crypto economics.

Also, I believe you are missing a MAJOR element of what it means to have Bitland acting as the government liaison.

After the pilot project is complete, Bitland will be looking to get more government contracts.  This means that if Bitland gets a government contract for 20 million, 4 million goes towards supporting the Cadastral (20% of profits).  THAT is what the 20% profits towards the Cadastrals means.  It has nothing to do with the market trading.  Bitland will be seeking many government contracts.  THAT is where the profits will come from.

Also, the only way these types of projects will work is with the cooperation of government.  A land title registry would NOT work or be legal if it did not have government oversight.  We have been working with the Land Administration Project, and this project is a pilot because it is in the running for a contract with the Ghanaian government.  As I said, the ONLY way these types of projects can work is with government.  Blockchain solutions like these are dependent on government cooperation to work.  Hope that clears it up!

Cheers!

Chris

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: