Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:49:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitland - ICO - Decentralized Land Registry  (Read 84763 times)
Bank_sy

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 04:41:58 PM

$180,000 to set up 1 centre for Bitland in  Ghana? You are crazy. $180,000 and you can live like KING in Ghana for years and years.
$82,000 for what hardware/software? Creating a coin costs 1 BTC maybe little more. $50,000 for what employees? $25,000 for drone!!!! You can buy good drone for few thousand. Not 20,000.
i support this project but expenses are crazy and you need to rethink. if each centre costs you so much then how will you get the money for even 1 centre?
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tabali tigi

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 04:49:50 PM

$180,000 to set up 1 centre for Bitland in  Ghana? You are crazy. $180,000 and you can live like KING in Ghana for years and years.
$82,000 for what hardware/software? Creating a coin costs 1 BTC maybe little more. $50,000 for what employees? $25,000 for drone!!!! You can buy good drone for few thousand. Not 20,000.
i support this project but expenses are crazy and you need to rethink. if each centre costs you so much then how will you get the money for even 1 centre?

I believe you are not looking at this realistically.

When it comes to government compliance, you need back up servers.  You have a blockchain, then you ALSO need actual servers.

This has been part of the project plan the entire time.

Also, what you are saying about the drones is not true whatsoever.  I personally discussed the drone with a company that deals with agricultural drones.  This is a fully automated drone that does take-off, landing, 12 km diameter surveys, and has FLIR technology.  What you're talking about are "toy" drones.

The expenses are thoroughly researched and based on government compliance and enterprise scaling.  If you think googling "drones" will get you the pricing for these specific types of drones, then I promise you have not dealt with the REAL companies that make survey drones.  They aren't a "couple thousand".  They are 17,000, and the FLIR addition is 11,000.  I have gone through and priced out everything including talking with CISCO representatives directly.

I am sorry, what you're saying is just inaccurate, and part of the reason that many "crypto" projects fail.  They have no real capacity to scale.

Also, if you look at it, the "rent" and utilities" ARE extremely cheap, which is why it is beneficial to set up centers in these types of areas.  That rent is for 3-5 years tenure.

Cheers!

Chris

prettybuds

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 04:50:20 PM

I want to buy land in the Ukraine. I have Bitcoin, LISK and soon WAVES. Can I do it with BitLand?

I think you misunderstood something.

Oh shit, okay. Ill try reading the introduction again
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 04:54:03 PM

If you think the drones are a "couple thousand", please contact the company directly and talk to them:

https://www.sensefly.com/drones/ebee.html

These aren't just "toy drones"

Operation

Maximum flight time   
50 minutes
Nominal cruise speed   
40-90 km/h (11-25 m/s or 25-56 mph)
Radio link range   
Up to 3 km (1.86 miles)
Maximum coverage (single flight)   
12 km² / 4.6 mi² (at 974 m / 3,195 ft altitude AGL)
Wind resistance   
Up to 45 km/h (12m/s or 28 mph)
Ground Sampling Distance (GSD)   
Down to 1.5 cm (0.6 in) per pixel
Relative orthomosaic/3D model accuracy   
1-3x GSD
Absolute horizontal/vertical accuracy (w/GCPs)   
Down to 3 cm (1.2 in) / 5 cm (2 in)
Absolute horizontal/vertical accuracy (no GCPs)   
1-5 m (3.3-16.4 ft)
Multi-drone operation   
Yes (inc. mid-air collision avoidance)
Automatic 3D flight planning   
Yes
Linear landing accuracy   
Approx. 5 m (16.4 ft)

Inputs

Aerial (nadir and oblique) imagery support   
Multi-camera support for the same project   
Multi-camera support for the same project   
MultiSPEC 4C support   
Multiple file types   
Ground Control Point edit and import   
Local, global and arbitrary coordinate reference system support in meters and feet   
Camera position and exterior orientation (omega, phi, kappa) support   
External point cloud import   
eBee RTK high precision images   
Processing

Rapid Check processing mode   
Rapid NDVI map creation   
Rapid Check Quality report   
Camera self-calibration   
Automatic Aerial Triangulation (AAT) and Bundle Block Adjustment (BBA)   
Automatic point cloud densification   
Automatic point cloud classification and DTM extraction (BETA)   
Point cloud filtering and smoothing   
Automatic brightness and color correction   
Quality report   
Project merging   
Project area definition   
Project splitting   
GPU support   
rayCloud Editor

Project viewing   
Manual tie point editing   
Project reoptimization   
Image annotation   
Point cloud editing   
Polyline object creation   
Surface object creation   
Stockpile object creation (volume measurement)   
Digitization tools / vector object editing   
Fly-through animation   
Index Calculator

Radiometric adjustment interface   
Reflectance map editing   
Automated index generation (NDVI)   
Draw field bounds and compute index per crop variety   
Formula editing   
Automatic index segmentation   
Application map annotation   
Export the application map as shapefile (SHP)   
Mosaic Editor

Seamline editing   
Planar / ortho projection selection   
Mosaic color / brightness editing   
Output results

2D output results (more info on PDF)   
3D output results (more info on PDF)   
Fly-through animations and flightpaths   
Optimized camera position, external orientation and internal parameters, undistorted images   

Chris

Drachmae
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Love it when a plans starts to come together

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 04:56:27 PM

180,000 USD is actually very little should add another 80,000 Buffer to it. Just because its Africa you think its cheap well keep dreaming when it comes physical goods its double or even triple and dont think local data centres are cheap.

250k is more realistic per centre for what Bitland wants to achieve.

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 04:58:23 PM

We have been trying to explain that this project is about bringing actual SOLUTIONS to disenfranchised areas concerning registering land titles.  These Bitland Centers have been carefully planned over two years, and even the things like the "drone" aspect took months of research and analysis to understand how to bring automation to the process of registering land titles, and in ADDITION add transparency through blockchain tracked titles.

If you have been looking at this project as a "coin", then it is easy to miss the big picture.

Chris

Drachmae
Legendary

Activity: 1050

Love it when a plans starts to come together

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 06:41:40 PM

TIA (THIS IS AFRICA)

We have been trying to explain that this project is about bringing actual SOLUTIONS to disenfranchised areas concerning registering land titles.  These Bitland Centers have been carefully planned over two years, and even the things like the "drone" aspect took months of research and analysis to understand how to bring automation to the process of registering land titles, and in ADDITION add transparency through blockchain tracked titles.

If you have been looking at this project as a "coin", then it is easy to miss the big picture.

Chris

Bank_sy

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 07:45:25 PM

Chris

if you can give show us all expenses in detail and transparently then there is no problem. If the drone is $24,000 then show a recipt that you bought drone.
i said crazy because bitland only got 70 BTC but you want to build a centre for $180,000! 70 BTC is not even 1/5 of that. I just don't know where you will get the $ from and don't want to see bitland like your last coin and run out of funds.
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 08:14:34 PM

Chris

if you can give show us all expenses in detail and transparently then there is no problem. If the drone is $24,000 then show a recipt that you bought drone.
i said crazy because bitland only got 70 BTC but you want to build a centre for $180,000! 70 BTC is not even 1/5 of that. I just don't know where you will get the $ from and don't want to see bitland like your last coin and run out of funds.

But of course.  The entire project has been about bringing transparency to government spending, so if we did the opposite we hypocrites. 

Part of the problem is that people seem to not understand the difference in "funding rounds".  A "successful" seed funding round is $20,000.

We have done successful seed funding round.  Now only an idiot would take $28,000 out of $40,000 and devote that to a drone in the context of a $180,000 budget.

I simply assert that the people who have been trying to define "what things cost" in "enterprise scale" software/hardware development have no idea what the costs are.  I worked on a simple video game that cost over $250,000 to make, mainly because it was augmented reality.

The costs with software/hardware integration really come down to bug testing/fixing, as it is extremely rare that any software integration goes without a hitch.

Now, if you're saying "my last project failed", then you're either being disingenuous, or are deliberately distorting the truth.

2014 was NOT the last project I worked on, and have worked on successful projects since then.  I have also earned a second master's degree in "Cyber-Security for Enterprise Scale Organizations".  I have worked on enterprise scale projects, and to be quite frank, some of the numbers that "crypto people" quote for development are absurdly uninformed. 

As well, when you are dealing with governments, decentralized solutions are a "trial" and not "proven", so you still have to have database centers to be compliant.

Again, discuss these numbers with anyone working in software/hardware integration, and they will tell you we are running lean.

Chris

Acidx

Activity: 356

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 08:20:02 PM

Only thing that made me wonder a bit was this:

"Please send an image showing the send transaction to ChrisBates01@gmail.com after the funds have been sent."

Isn't this something that can be abused/cheated pretty easily with photoshop? What if you grant that person the coins before the real buyer has had a chance to confirm it.

Bank_sy

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 08:35:06 PM

Chris

But of course.  The entire project has been about bringing transparency to government spending, so if we did the opposite we hypocrites. 

Part of the problem is that people seem to not understand the difference in "funding rounds".  A "successful" seed funding round is $20,000.

We have done successful seed funding round.  Now only an idiot would take $28,000 out of $40,000 and devote that to a drone in the context of a $180,000 budget.

I simply assert that the people who have been trying to define "what things cost" in "enterprise scale" software/hardware development have no idea what the costs are.  I worked on a simple video game that cost over $250,000 to make, mainly because it was augmented reality.

The costs with software/hardware integration really come down to bug testing/fixing, as it is extremely rare that any software integration goes without a hitch.

Now, if you're saying "my last project failed", then you're either being disingenuous, or are deliberately distorting the truth.

2014 was NOT the last project I worked on, and have worked on successful projects since then.  I have also earned a second master's degree in "Cyber-Security for Enterprise Scale Organizations".  I have worked on enterprise scale projects, and to be quite frank, some of the numbers that "crypto people" quote for development are absurdly uninformed. 

As well, when you are dealing with governments, decentralized solutions are a "trial" and not "proven", so you still have to have database centers to be compliant.

Again, discuss these numbers with anyone working in software/hardware integration, and they will tell you we are running lean.

Chris

i did not say fail. i said ran out of funds which is true? maybe i am wrong about this. but a project can fail if you run out of funds so i am just saying be careful.
i am invested in bitland so you have my support!
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 09:29:10 PM

"Please send an image showing the send transaction to ChrisBates01@gmail.com after the funds have been sent."

Isn't this something that can be abused/cheated pretty easily with photoshop? What if you grant that person the coins before the real buyer has had a chance to confirm it.

Since there is a time stamp on the CCEDK escrow account, it would take a LOT of work to fake that transaction, and they would have to know the exact timing of the account.  What is funny is the only reason we added this option is because people complained that we didn't have it.

Chris

Bank_sy

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 09:42:33 PM

when do you send the cadastrals?
Selsonblue

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 09:57:36 PM

Get on a decent exchange please. You have enough funds collected now.
Bank_sy

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 11:33:40 PM

phase two ended almost one day ago now... are you not releasing cadastral after end of ico?
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 01:29:47 AM

phase two ended almost one day ago now... are you not releasing cadastral after end of ico?

CCEDK will be sending out tokens.  Tokens will be sent out within 24 hours.

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 01:30:59 AM

Get on a decent exchange please. You have enough funds collected now.

None of the funds collected so far will be put towards getting on an exchange, as OpenLedger is an exchange.

As far as "enough funds collected", I am not sure if people are quite understanding this project.

Chris

Bank_sy

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:12:09 AM

Chris

i sent btc to btc address. how will i get my cadastral from ccdek?
jalmari

Activity: 814

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 07:25:46 AM

Chris

What about us who participated in the various POAs? How and when we will get our share?

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▄▄
▄█████████▀▀          ▀▀█████████▄
██████▀▀        ▄▄        ▀▀██████
██████      ▄▄██████▄▄      ██████
██████    ██████████████    ██████
██████      ▀▀██████▀▀      ██████
██████          ▀▀        ▄▄██████
▀█████    ▄▄          ▄▄█████████▀
   ▀▀█    ████▄▄ ▄▄██████████▀▀
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
    KryptKoin rebranded to Phore   
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
PoS 3.0  –  Masternodes  –  Zerocoin

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
 ▄████████▀▀      ▀▀████████▄
▐█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▌
▐████       ▄▄██▄▄       ████▌
▐████    ▄██████████▄    ████▌
▐████    ████████████    ████▌
▐████    ▀██████████▀    ████▌
▐████       ▀▀██▀▀       ████▌
 ▀███                 ▄▄█████▌
    ▀    █▄▄      ▄▄████████▀
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
kame.japan2

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 10:18:23 AM

The reason Chris provided this method is because some of us (including me) complained about "OpenLedger". OpenLedger provides utility but user interface is horrible that as if iPad user suddenly enforced to use Windows 3.1. We can not be picky about it Chris took this alternative method.

primalbase║▬ Distributed Workspace for Tech Community ▬║primalbase
Self-reproducing business structureLong term profitable investmentTangible product, not virtual
ICO starts 26th of June 1st day bonus (66%) 2nd-7th day bonus (25%)▬▬▬║Twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: