Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:19:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitland - ICO - Decentralized Land Registry  (Read 84764 times)
jalmari

Activity: 814
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 05:57:21 AM

The amount of coins used in PoA is very small comparing to the total amount of coins. Therefor those can hardly dumb the coin to oblivion.

At least you should tell when you are planning to send them.

I already stated I am waiting until the market stabilizes.  It is not a small amount relative to what is being listed, as it seems many people who bought tokens aren't actually listing them.

There are roughly 90-100k tokens for sale right now on the open market.  If I sent out the PoA tokens that would represent roughly 10% of the "open market" sale tokens.  Even though there were over 600k sold, only 1/6 Cadastrals purchased is actually for sale.  So sending out "free" tokens right "now" could still potentially hurt those that actually put money towards the tokens.

I am protecting THOSE people.

I would imagine they are happy about that.

Any opposition?

Chris

I understand your point, but I dont fully agree. E.g. what do you mean with "market stabilization"? One could argue that even bitcoin is not stabilized yet.

Also, as stated the amount of PoA coins is very limited (~9K?) comparing the total amount of purchased coins (600K) or the total amount of coins (30M). And even if people would dump the coins the investors could by new tokens with even cheaper than the original prize.

You could also first release the first PoA coins then the second etc.

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▄▄
▄█████████▀▀          ▀▀█████████▄
██████▀▀        ▄▄        ▀▀██████
██████      ▄▄██████▄▄      ██████
██████    ██████████████    ██████
██████      ▀▀██████▀▀      ██████
██████          ▀▀        ▄▄██████
▀█████    ▄▄          ▄▄█████████▀
   ▀▀█    ████▄▄ ▄▄██████████▀▀
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
    KryptKoin rebranded to Phore   
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
PoS 3.0  –  Masternodes  –  Zerocoin

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
 ▄████████▀▀      ▀▀████████▄
▐█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▌
▐████       ▄▄██▄▄       ████▌
▐████    ▄██████████▄    ████▌
▐████    ████████████    ████▌
▐████    ▀██████████▀    ████▌
▐████       ▀▀██▀▀       ████▌
 ▀███                 ▄▄█████▌
    ▀    █▄▄      ▄▄████████▀
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tabali tigi

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 02:49:00 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2016, 03:13:22 PM by tabali tigi

I understand your point, but I dont fully agree. E.g. what do you mean with "market stabilization"? One could argue that even bitcoin is not stabilized yet.

Also, as stated the amount of PoA coins is very limited (~9K?) comparing the total amount of purchased coins (600K) or the total amount of coins (30M). And even if people would dump the coins the investors could by new tokens with even cheaper than the original prize.

I agree 100% bitcoin isn't "stabilized" if such a thing is even possible with Bitcoin.  Bitcoin is not meant to be "stable".

If Bitcoin were meant to be stable, you wouldn't have all these people losing their minds about the block reward halving driving up the price...

Bitcoin is a deflationary currency with a capped supply, that is meant to attempt to drastically increase in value...not be "stable"...

Dogecoin is meant to be "stable"...it has an open ended supply, but a burning mechanism to counter balance the supply.  THAT is a "stabilization" strategy.

All tokens aren't meant to be "stable".

When you have few buy orders on the books, and give people "free tokens", they have no incentive not to dump those tokens.

There are NOT 600k tokens "for sale"...

The order books barely top 100k "for sale"...

There is a HUGE difference.

I am not going to let those people dump the price of the coin.  Period.

This is not really a debate.

They will get their tokens when there are enough buy orders on the books so that they can't temporarily destroy the price in a few sales.

It's just smarter this way.

This is protecting the INVESTORS.

The people who get tokens for free come second to people who paid.  Period.

Also, if you won tokens for free and AREN'T simply trying to dump them, what I am doing right now should make you happy, as it will keep the value of the tokens from being dropped.

Shouldn't it?
Chris

TheCryptoMint

Activity: 113
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:29:57 PM

is ICO open?
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 03:43:22 PM

is ICO open?

Phase 2 has ended, and tokens are being sold at weekly incremental 2% increase through this portal:

https://www.omniwallet.org/assets/details/62

You can also find tokens on the open market here:

https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/market/CADASTRAL_BTS

Cheers!

Chris

tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:29:46 PM

I read your whitepaper and wow this is a grand project with a smart team. ( i read some your papers hosted on academic studies wow u have very good ideas )) This will be good for all of the world if you can help solve this problem.
 Grin Grin Grin Cool

GREAT NEWS!  

I talked to Jacobs Edo today, and we are looking into how Bitland can move into Nigeria.  He works for OPEC.

He loves Bitland.

If you click a few links, you will learn why that is game changing.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Bitland is about to do some major things

Cheers!

Chris

Impressive! This bitcointalk forum sometimes just dont deserve you.
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 08:20:50 PM

Impressive! This bitcointalk forum sometimes just dont deserve you.

I don't think of it like that.

The ones who paid attention and did their homework will benefit Smiley

That's how I see it.

I have been reviewing Jacobs' new book to help him write the concluding chapter.  This guy works for OPEC.  LOL

If a person doesn't know who OPEC is, then I feel sorry for them at this point.

If you don't know how difficult it is to get a Wikipedia page, you should try to get one.

This is from Jacob's wikipedia page:

"Jacobs Edoite Edo
Nationality -   Nigerian
Alma mater -   University of Nigeria
Occupation -   ERP professional
Known for -    System Coordinator for the OPEC Fund for International Development[1][2][3]
Notable work -   Multi-million dollar enterprise technology projects[4][5][6]"

I seriously don't think people have a clue

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 08:31:40 PM

Oh, btw...The Viva Technology Conference that is happening in Paris;  here is the panel on which I will be speaking -

Primavera de Filippi, Researcher, CNRS / Harvard, France
Chris Bates, CSO, BitLand Global, US
Pierre Noizat, CEO, Paymium, France
The moderator of your session is Mike Butcher, Journalist, Techcrunch, USA.

So...considering the panel is being MODERATED by a Techcrunch journalist...I would imagine Bitland ending up in Techcrunch isn't too far away Wink

Cheers!

Chris

marechoux

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 01:10:15 AM

Not sure if anyone has seen the news today about Deloitte investing in blockchain startups, but the Netexplo awards were put on in partnership with Deloitte.  They are one  of the major reasons Bitland has been getting so much press in Europe, and part of the reason we will be presenting at two more conferences in France in June, one in Paris and the other in Aix-au-Provence.  More details to come!

Cheers!

Chris

Do you have the exact date of the conference at Aix en provence? I am living not far from there, but will be in hollydays abroad for a week in June, hope this will not be the same week.

Hello,

The conference will be July 1-3rd.  It would be excellent to meet anyone in the area, and definitely would love to have a chance to talk about Bitland or anything else in person!  I am also speaking in Paris some time between June 30 and July 2nd at the Viva Technology conference, but that date has not yet been set.

Here is a link to the conference in Aix-en-Provence:

http://lesrencontreseconomiques.fr/2016/?lang=en

Cheers!

Alors, je vais vous achete une biere si vous allez Smiley  ( pardon as my French is rusty)

Chris

When will you have your speech exactly? I want to come but don't want to spend the 3 days at the conference Wink
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2016, 01:27:30 AM

When will you have your speech exactly? I want to come but don't want to spend the 3 days at the conference Wink

The session is scheduled July 1st from 12:35pm to 13:05pm on Stage 8

Look forward to seeing you there sir!

Chris

jalmari

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 05:13:33 AM

I agree 100% bitcoin isn't "stabilized" if such a thing is even possible with Bitcoin.  Bitcoin is not meant to be "stable".

If Bitcoin were meant to be stable, you wouldn't have all these people losing their minds about the block reward halving driving up the price...

Bitcoin is a deflationary currency with a capped supply, that is meant to attempt to drastically increase in value...not be "stable"...

Dogecoin is meant to be "stable"...it has an open ended supply, but a burning mechanism to counter balance the supply.  THAT is a "stabilization" strategy.

When you have few buy orders on the books, and give people "free tokens", they have no incentive not to dump those tokens.

They will get their tokens when there are enough buy orders on the books so that they can't temporarily destroy the price in a few sales.

Also, if you won tokens for free and AREN'T simply trying to dump them, what I am doing right now should make you happy, as it will keep the value of the tokens from being dropped.

Shouldn't it?
Chris

In my home country if you hire somebody to work for you, you also should pay. Just saying...

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 09:16:48 AM

Shouldn't it?
Chris
Your intention to control the price/market will very quickly compromise the integrity of you and your project. Theres no way people will be comfortable directing funds to any project where one person (you), has the intention to prop-up a price. You will be accused of manipulation, and creating a false market IMO. The markets need to be free, and if people dump, its because they dont find enough value in said market. Its the value of the project you need to enhance, not the value of a/the market.
kame

Activity: 324

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 12:23:22 PM

Dogecoin is meant to be "stable"...it has an open ended supply, but a burning mechanism to counter balance the supply.  THAT is a "stabilization" strategy.

Shouldn't it?
Chris
Your intention to control the price/market will very quickly compromise the integrity of you and your project. Theres no way people will be comfortable directing funds to any project where one person (you), has the intention to prop-up a price. You will be accused of manipulation, and creating a false market IMO. The markets need to be free, and if people dump, its because they dont find enough value in said market. Its the value of the project you need to enhance, not the value of a/the market.

Don't be so picky. This pilot project itself (and also coin itself)  is a rough diamond phase.  Wink

IMHO, free market is already in place therefore no one can manipulate it, even dev. China stock market several times faced wild rule such as whim circuit breaker and gov direct orders(don't sell or gov will arrest you!), however, even such wild things happens several times, the market is build as it is by free traders. So, as an investor, I am comfortable with current free market. The Cadastrals market is already in place and running.

My understanding is, dev team is JUST looking for a good timing of release. that is good for both contributors and investors interest. Thus, I feel dev team are very kind enough.

on the other hands, rely in on nature of market is one of option in a sense...

Bl4ckw00d

Activity: 810
Merit: 500

https://ironx.io IRONX

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 12:32:11 PM

Just spent about an hour reading through all these posts.  Interesting project you have here.  You've caught my interest

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
tehdos

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 01:53:55 PM

Shouldn't it?
Chris
I think that is a short-sighted and confrontational analysis. There are price intentions for any project that go both ways, but I imagine there are valid concerns in regards to people doing the PoA for pushing downward manipulation as there is worth for some to do so with liquidity where it is currently.

Secondly The POA unless I'm mistaken never had a release date.

Thirdly I only did it on one account. I now see that there was a ton of action in the POA campaign going on and given the current BTS/CADASTRAL price and volume I'd gander that a large portion of it was for greedy purpose ( I could have had twitter accounts / scripts going crazy too if I weren't a skeeze ).

With that said, I'm okay with with the project picking up liquidity before a massive collection of Cadastrals gets sent out.

Really digging all the news.

People really should see the diamond potential here.

Opec guy omg so very wow, on a scale of 1 to even I cant even  Cool
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:36:20 PM

I think that is a short-sighted and confrontational analysis.
Its not analysis. Its a warning.

Anyone claiming to 1, prop a price up, and 2, claim that propping up a price is in everyones interest, should ring loud alarm bells. Theres really nothing to analyse...... It will be only a matter of time, before the controller of a/the market disappears up his/her's own arse, trying to decide whos interest he/she is trying to protect.....including their own vested interests.
It will end in tears. Dont do it.  
jalmari

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:57:01 PM

I think that is a short-sighted and confrontational analysis. There are price intentions for any project that go both ways, but I imagine there are valid concerns in regards to people doing the PoA for pushing downward manipulation as there is worth for some to do so with liquidity where it is currently.

Thirdly I only did it on one account. I now see that there was a ton of action in the POA campaign going on and given the current BTS/CADASTRAL price and volume I'd gander that a large portion of it was for greedy purpose ( I could have had twitter accounts / scripts going crazy too if I weren't a skeeze ).

With that said, I'm okay with with the project picking up liquidity before a massive collection of Cadastrals gets sent out.

First, yes the project looks promising. I have said this already in this thread.

Secondly, there was a "release date", end of ICO phase 2. Seriously, if you hire somebody to work for you and the guy asks when I'll get paid and you'll say, after the job is done, does that mean that you can pay the year after? Of course not!

Thirdly, tabali tigi has Masters in IT security and he said that sock puppets will be disqualified, so I assume that this has been done. I have trusted him when I have used his web app and given the access to my Twitter account!

Fourthly, I will also accept my payment in BTC if that is an option. I would prefer cadastrals though, as I think that this project is unique and cadastrals would have more value.

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
tehdos

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 03:48:00 PM

First, yes the project looks promising. I have said this already in this thread.

Secondly, there was a "release date", end of ICO phase 2. Seriously, if you hire somebody to work for you and the guy asks when I'll get paid and you'll say, after the job is done, does that mean that you can pay the year after? Of course not!

Thirdly, tabali tigi has Masters in IT security and he said that sock puppets will be disqualified, so I assume that this has been done. I have trusted him when I have used his web app and given the access to my Twitter account!

Fourthly, I will also accept my payment in BTC if that is an option. I would prefer cadastrals though, as I think that this project is unique and cadastrals would have more value.
I can appreciate your take. I hope sock puppets were effectively weeded out. . . And I agree with most of what you said except I do not want BTC. . . I'd prefer them out now.

The other guy is a doomsayer and as for me I empathize with the goals and direction of Bitland -- so I imagine our opinions will stay polarized.

Lets get videos from these events, eh Cheesy
jalmari

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 04:54:14 PM

I can appreciate your take. I hope sock puppets were effectively weeded out. . . And I agree with most of what you said except I do not want BTC. . . I'd prefer them out now.

The other guy is a doomsayer and as for me I empathize with the goals and direction of Bitland -- so I imagine our opinions will stay polarized.

Great that you agree with me. Now I would like hear what Chris has to say...

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
tehdos

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 05:21:44 PM

Relevant!
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2016, 12:39:40 PM

Great that you agree with me. Now I would like hear what Chris has to say...

Yes, the sock puppets were ABSOLUTELY an issue.  I was not going to bring it up until I had figured out if they were going to continue to harass the thread and potentially be the people who were participating in PoA to just dump the tokens.

Jalmari has been extremely patient and understanding, so this was NEVER meant to do anything but prevent sock puppets from harming the community.

There was pretty clear evidence that someone was using a VPN to register through different accounts, and I am not sure if that person was also the same person harassing the thread.  If those two WERE the same person, then they could have effectively taken all their tokens and dumped them simply to affect the project negatively. 

This project has too many people relying on us for the team to let a few twisted individuals ruin it.

Cheers!

Chris

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: