Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:58:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitland - ICO - Decentralized Land Registry  (Read 84763 times)
Joerii (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 09:10:49 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2016, 10:45:57 PM by Joerii

Click the logo to go to the site

Chris Bates' presentation at NetExplo.
Bitland won the Netexplo Award 2016!

click the image to watch the video!

What is BitLand?

BitLand operates to address the problem of insecure land tenure, bring confidence of investment to emerging markets, and unlock land wealth stagnating due to inefficient legacy systems. The focus is on creating an effective virtual land registry utilizing blockchain technology, spearheading collaborative solution implementation, and jump starting a fully transparent ecosystem for all users. We aim to allow individuals and organizations to survey land, manage deeds and titles, perform applicable transactions, and then record the information on the blockchain.    

Why Ghana?

Land registration in Ghana has historically been cumbersome and disorganized. As a result, thousands of titles remain unregistered and land conflicts are rife. Of the 42,000 applications for land registration submitted between 1986 and 2006, less than 30 percent were registered. Land conflicts arise as claimants take advantage of the poorly coordinated system and register titles without other claimants’ knowledge. The adjudication system for conflicts is weak, courts are overwhelmed, and decisions are poorly enforced.

Since colonial times, Ghana’s land sector has suffered from splintered institutional functions and an underdeveloped land registration system. But, the government and international donors are beginning to address these challenges through legal reforms and more systematic land registration.

As of January 2011, several projects are seeking to strengthen the land sector in Ghana and formalize tenure. These include: the Government of Ghana’s Land Administration Project (LAP), which is supported by the World Bank; the Millennium Development Authority’s Land Tenure Facilitation Activity supported by the US; and private sector programs led by Medeem LLC as well as the Micro-Mortgage and Land Titling Project led by Opportunity International and International Land Systems (ILS).

Under the Millennium Development Authority (MiDA), Ghana is implementing a pilot project in peri-urban Accra to title and register land. The ten-step process begins with a parcel inventory and involves verification by landowners, and a time for public scrutiny. It takes 31 days for 100 parcels and costs about $200-$250 per registered parcel. To date, MiDA has issued and registered 270 land titles using this process.

It is uncertain how the Government of Ghana would scale-up projects nationwide. Challenges persist in terms of making the process simple, efficient and cost effective for both landholders and land administration authorities. Unless the “costs” associated with land registration are sufficiently low vis-a-vis the benefits perceived by landholders, land registration records can rapidly become obsolete, jeopardizing the investments made to reform registration systems.

The Ghanaian government, World Bank, and other agencies have been battling the issue of insecure land tenure with limited to moderate success with collective focus since 2003. Phase I of the Land Administration Project ended in 2010 and Phase II is scheduled to run through 2017. Both phases of the project were/are plagued with the same issues as mentioned in the above excerpt. Although these efforts have been hampered, Ghana has posted exemplary GDP gains over the last decade while facing the identified problems.      

BitLand Ghana

BitLand Ghana is the home of the pilot program for BitLand. It is the NGO which has been operating in Kumasi, Ghana and the surrounding communities for the past 2 years. To date, it has completed public out-reach, crypto-currency/blockchain seminars, and land rights informational road-shows in 28 communities in preparation for the launch of BitLand beginning its main operation. Bitland is partnered with Openledger which allows the company to secure its blockchain infrastructure.At the end state, the BitLand system provides the ability to reduce fraud and increase efficiency to the mortgage lending process. Banks cannot issue mortgages on land that is unregistered. The utilization of an open, decentralized, and transparent ledger will effectively unlock significant amounts of land to be used for equity purposes that previously could not be touched. In Africa, roughly ninety percent of rural areas are unlisted and unregistered. As the project in Ghana matures, we will look to expand the reach of BitLand across the African continent and abroad. By adding infrastructure in more developing countries, BitLand has the potential to unlock massive volumes of capital and resources.  

The Crowdsale

30 million Cadastrals were created in one block. 21 million Cadastrals will be sold during the ICO hosted by Crypto Currency Exchange Denmark(CCEDK). The remaining 9 million is allotted for distribution over 99 years for various purposes. At the completion of phase two of the crowd sale, all unsold Cadastrals will be added to the reserve and all purchased Cadastrals will be released for immediate trade. The funds raised will be apportioned directly to laying the operational infrastructure in Ghana. Future use of the token will be to register land titles, settle disputes, sell land, purchase property, and issue microloans for residential/commercial/industrial development. 20% of the network profit will be utilized to support the tokens on the open market. The Bitland reserve will hold multiple denominations of currencies, commodities, and will always keep a portion of currency from any country in which BitLand has a presence as part of the basket. Ghana is only the beginning.

Purchasing Instructions

Here's our tutorial video that shows how you how to get started on OpenLedger.

Click the image to watch the video!

Here's our new tutorial video that shows how you can fund your OpenLeder account with Bitcoin.

click the image to watch the video!

1. Create account on Openledger
        Online wallet – https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/
        Wallet Download – https://bitshares.org/download/
2. Click Accounts
3. Click Deposit/Withdrawal
4. Click CCEDK
5. Deposit BTC
6. Send Open.BTC to ccedk.escrow
7. Change transaction fee denomination from “bts” to “open.btc”

Press

http://www.enterpreneurialand.com/bitlands-african-blockchain-initiative-putting-land-on-the-ledger/

http://www.helenabitcoinmining.com/2016/04/07/bitland-blockchain-initiative-seeks-to-create-reliable-land-titles-in-africa/

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/blockchain-initiatives-going-mainstream/

http://techbackoffice.com/bitlands-african-blockchain-initiative-putting-land-on-the-ledger/

The Team

The common theme is that the leading factor inhibiting long term and sustainable growth across multiple sectors in emerging countries is insecure land tenure. Ghana will have the first iteration of our operation, platform, and system. BitLand has a chance to change the game not just only Ghana, or Africa, but the world.

Founder - Narigamba Mwinsuubo  

CSO - L. Christopher Bates

COO - Elliot Hedman

Financial Advisor - Ryan Berry

Web Admin - Brock Hager

Advisor - Ronny Boesing

Whitepaper: http://www.bitland.world/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Bitland_Whitepaper.pdf
Bitland FAQ: http://www.bitland.world/frequently-asked-questions/
Additional Purchase Information: http://www.bitland.world/how-to-purchase-cadastrals/

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kryptopojken

Activity: 767
Merit: 532

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:27:20 PM

Someone whos good with google should do a backward search for these pics, they look fake af lol
Joerii (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 09:41:35 PM

Someone whos good with google should do a backward search for these pics, they look fake af lol

Sorry, I really AM that handsome.

Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:36:14 PM

Some of the team looks like badass rappers lolll

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 10:36:25 PM

I don't need Google to recognize Joeri  Wink

I'm in! Now have to find out how to use the Bitshares thingy.
tabali tigi

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 10:36:55 PM

LinkedIn

Skype Chat = Larry.Christopher.Bates

Academia page

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 10:39:38 PM

Some of the team looks like badass rappers lolll

I have been a DJ for about 16 years Wink

Tabali Tigi is my DJ name

Music is a passion of mine as well, as I have written music for children's video games and done sound/game design for Edutainment Systems, an augmented reality educational game company.

I'm not saying I'm "old", but I have done a lot of things Tongue

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 10:47:23 PM

I don't need Google to recognize Joeri  Wink

I'm in! Now have to find out how to use the Bitshares thingy.

1.Create account on Openledger
    Online wallet – https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/
    Wallet Download – https://bitshares.org/download/
2-Click Accounts
3-Click Deposit/Withdrawal
4-Click CCEDK
5-Deposit BTC
6-Change transaction fee denomination from “bts” to “open.btc”
7-Send Open.BTC to ccedk.escrow

Phase 1: 1 Cadastral = 10,000 Satoshi (~$.04)
Phase 2: 1 Cadastral = 30,000 Satoshi (~$.12)

BlockchainDynamics

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 12:05:38 AM

This project is interesting.  Seems very ambitious of course and the scale of it combined with the history of this forum makes people hesitant to take it seriously.  It would be really cool to see this project become a reality but I think so many of us are separated from Ghana by a large gap of physical location and culture.  So what I am curious about is how interested people can verify that this type of thing actually is able to happen or how would we even be able to verify the projects authenticity with it being so distant?  It's almost like I want to believe in this because at its core is a really great idea but I am having trouble seeing it as real just because of the presentation and that it was posted here on bitcointalk.  Will be curious to watch how this develops.
lestherat
Legendary

Activity: 986
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 12:06:01 AM

ICOS Icos everywhere,

Sorry but this looks bad to me.

Fake as a shit, investors be aware of this Scam.
CCEDKaps

Activity: 621
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 12:08:25 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2016, 12:29:26 AM by CCEDKaps

OpenLedger and its registrar CCEDK is the official escrow service of the BITLANDGLOBAL ICO - Welcome to the Decentralized Land registry project.

Welcome to OpenLedger - Smart Trading Decentralized

Ronny Boesing
CCEDK / OpenLedger

We're proud to launch our brand new OpenLedger promo.
It's called "OpenLedger - You are in Control"
Watch it here :

Click the image to watch the video !

If you have not yet opened an account, now is the time.  Just follow the "Get Started" video (Tutorial #1) below for the best first-time experience. Welcome.

Check out our new tutorial video on our YouTube channel!

PS: Most likely our newest Tutorial Video #3 ("Depositing BTC on OpenLedger") will be released tomorrow.
hmachado

Activity: 279

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 12:19:33 AM

"The BitLand Global Crowdsale Campaign"
"Why Ghana?"

Well at least this one was fast, nothing more i need to know Cheesy

andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:31:30 AM

Good call on the new thread with a well known community leader and the "ICO" in the title. Will drive more traffic here. You will undoubtedly get dismissive comments like the one above. People here are sometimes understandably jaded, but I know this project will be able to rise above the fray and garner the support it deserves. 
Joerii (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 09:40:21 AM

Good call on the new thread with a well known community leader and the "ICO" in the title. Will drive more traffic here. You will undoubtedly get dismissive comments like the one above. People here are sometimes understandably jaded, but I know this project will be able to rise above the fray and garner the support it deserves.  

Thanks for your support !

overthetop2011

Activity: 678
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:21:50 AM

Setting up the team ,and It looks better .

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 11:47:39 AM

The Bitland Team recently won a Netexplo World Innovation Award, and I was honored to give a presentation on Bitland at Dauphine University in Paris.  You can see the presentation here:

http://www.bitland.world/2016-netexplo-bitland-presentation/

Cheers!

Chris

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 12:38:01 PM

The Bitland Team recently won a Netexplo World Innovation Award, and I was honored to give a presentation on Bitland at Dauphine University in Paris.  You can see the presentation here:

Cheers!

Chris

Nice presentation!

What hardware will be used for the WiFi connections? Mikrotik has great solutions for it (point to point over long distance).
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 12:59:35 PM

The Bitland Team recently won a Netexplo World Innovation Award, and I was honored to give a presentation on Bitland at Dauphine University in Paris.  You can see the presentation here:

Cheers!

Chris

Nice presentation!

What hardware will be used for the WiFi connections? Mikrotik has great solutions for it (point to point over long distance).

We are open to working with a new solution, but at this point we had talked to CISCO representatives to get the estimates and ranges for the WI-FI hardware.  Since we are trying to do a solar-powered wi-fi network, if we could find a company that makes more energy efficient hardware than CISCO, then it would be worth it.  We don't have a partnership with CISCO or anything like that, so we're not beholden to them.  If you have any direct connections to Mikrotik, we would love to talk to someone there.  If you don't, we'll try to make a connection soon.

Cheers!

Chris

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 01:10:36 PM

Cheers!

Chris

Nice presentation!

We are open to working with a new solution, but at this point we had talked to CISCO representatives to get the estimates and ranges for the WI-FI hardware.  Since we are trying to do a solar-powered wi-fi network, if we could find a company that makes more energy efficient hardware than CISCO, then it would be worth it.  We don't have a partnership with CISCO or anything like that, so we're not beholden to them.  If you have any direct connections to Mikrotik, we would love to talk to someone there.  If you don't, we'll try to make a connection soon.

Cheers!

Chris

I don't have any connection with them, I only installed a few Mikrotik accesspoints and they have a great range and are cheap compared to Cisco. They are not easy to setup though, but there's enough forum support for it.
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 01:53:57 PM

i never fall for Nigerian Prince.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: