Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:11:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 [669] 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 ... 822 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡[ANN]⚡ ▐░Espers [ESP]░▌▐░PoW/PoS░▌▐░HMQ1725 Algo░▌ ▐░New Features░▌  (Read 923770 times)
bluuu09

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:21:28 PM

I don't usually use this forum to post stuff, I just use it as a source of useful information. Now I really have some things to say, so I made an account  Smiley

If you really want people to "buy" what this project is selling, start treating things with more professionalism. In my opinion, this coin would be a great one if it will be developed what's said on the announcement, it has great potential, by looking at the definition of this project. On the other hand, I cannot say that I get the same vibe looking on how the communication between the official team and the community is done. I also don't feel the professionalism that this project should be handled with (I repeat, this could be a GREAT project).

People here are not asking for huge results over the night. I am aware that good work takes time, but also clear and informative updates toward the community (coming from the official team) is very useful and good for reputation. Even if those updates are not necessarily saying: "BIG STUFF COMING IN NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS" but instead says: "There is progress on X subject and it will be done until next month", this would be more useful on the long term, because it denotes professionalism and trustworthy team. It's like that story when a guy yells "WOLF" three times.. after the third time nobody believes him. This is the current situation on this project, for two months we get the same answers to the same questions. For example, Paper will be done in the next couple of days. It's been two months now. If you would have been more realistic, and gave the people the real estimation and not what they WANT to hear, this would have done more good on long term to the project. Instead, people got the opposite message.

I'm not here to spread hate on this project, on the contraire, I'm here to try to help by making constructive feedback (if taken in consideration).

That being said, I hope the official team changes their approach and start to do things is a more professional way.

PS: I'm a big time holder, could have made 30x profit with a big initial investment but i'm holding, because i still believe this project could deliver something HUGE if things starts to change (otherwise 8-9x profit it's still a good point to get out for me) Smiley

Cheers!
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:34:23 PM

I don't usually use this forum to post stuff, I just use it as a source of useful information. Now I really have some things to say, so I made an account  Smiley

If you really want people to "buy" what this project is selling, start treating things with more professionalism. In my opinion, this coin would be a great one if it will be developed what's said on the announcement, it has great potential, by looking at the definition of this project. On the other hand, I cannot say that I get the same vibe looking on how the communication between the official team and the community is done. I also don't feel the professionalism that this project should be handled with (I repeat, this could be a GREAT project).

People here are not asking for huge results over the night. I am aware that good work takes time, but also clear and informative updates toward the community (coming from the official team) is very useful and good for reputation. Even if those updates are not necessarily saying: "BIG STUFF COMING IN NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS" but instead says: "There is progress on X subject and it will be done until next month", this would be more useful on the long term, because it denotes professionalism and trustworthy team. It's like that story when a guy yells "WOLF" three times.. after the third time nobody believes him. This is the current situation on this project, for two months we get the same answers to the same questions. For example, Paper will be done in the next couple of days. It's been two months now. If you would have been more realistic, and gave the people the real estimation and not what they WANT to hear, this would have done more good on long term to the project. Instead, people got the opposite message.

I'm not here to spread hate on this project, on the contraire, I'm here to try to help by making constructive feedback (if taken in consideration).

That being said, I hope the official team changes their approach and start to do things is a more professional way.

PS: I'm a big time holder, could have made 30x profit with a big initial investment but i'm holding, because i still believe this project could deliver something HUGE if things starts to change (otherwise 8-9x profit it's still a good point to get out for me) Smiley

Cheers!

You are totally right. The topic of making unrealistic predictions has already been addressed and will be handled differently by CryptoCoderz in the future. Updates are a more difficult thing because often CryptoCoderz (who is working at the core of the software) has a lot of things to do and writing forum posts may not be his #1 hobby  Wink I agree that more frequent updates would be helpful though, but you cannot force him to do it. If the software is developed and the results are good, that is all we can ask for atm. The "interviews" that take place each Wednesday (and are posted here) are already the result of a similar suggestion, and should provide a good amount of details into the current development progress once a week.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
butragenjo

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:52:33 PM

Stacking not working yet
No masternode
No Android wallet
What are the delays dev ??

stacking working but you can get 1-2 staking rewards per month,I agree that is bit to small. Undecided
luksbit

Activity: 1204
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:15:33 PM

yeah but there are a lot of esp2 holder thats already have more then 25 mil esp coin..if they use those coin for master node its will strengthen esp2 network  Grin

Then there would be several master nodes. But they want to and HOLD forever. Wait for the next steps of ESPERS2, will this month go out android?
stupid_seb

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:19:24 AM

Cheers!

You are totally right. The topic of making unrealistic predictions has already been addressed and will be handled differently by CryptoCoderz in the future. Updates are a more difficult thing because often CryptoCoderz (who is working at the core of the software) has a lot of things to do and writing forum posts may not be his #1 hobby  Wink I agree that more frequent updates would be helpful though, but you cannot force him to do it. If the software is developed and the results are good, that is all we can ask for atm. The "interviews" that take place each Wednesday (and are posted here) are already the result of a similar suggestion, and should provide a good amount of details into the current development progress once a week.

So true.
Thanks for the message.
takertrade

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:33:37 AM

mobile wallet android / ios will be great because i ussually save my coin on my cell phone  Grin
butragenjo

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:19:55 AM

I have 10 millions coins but I beware invest in other 15 millions for the masternode. 15 millions espers is  great summ of bitcoins for risk.
gawlea

Activity: 756
Merit: 579

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:48:23 AM

Dev Team Update — Week of July 24
Hey everyone! I just wanted to give a quick update on what the dev team has been working on. Our team has grown quite a lot over the last week, and people have been ramping up on the existing code base and our proposed architecture. Some of the devs have been on vacation, so we’re hoping to have a “hackathon” this upcoming weekend to really make some headway into a prototype and at least have some basic workflows working.
On Friday, we met and discussed some of the outstanding questions regarding the community, fairness in voting, and the optimal way to launch. We agree that limiting the maximum/minimum payouts initially is a good idea until we reach equilibrium in the float pool. We also had very interesting discussions about how votes should be weighed, how to incentivize people to vote on claims, and minimum votes required to pay out. We are leaning against weighing votes — that could devolve into an oligarchy type situation. Those with the biggest policies, the most reputation, or otherwise the greatest vote weights could be in a position of tremendous power. We want to avoid introducing this unfairness and really let the community evolve organically. We are also leaning towards policyholders paying a small fee in UMC with that paid out to users voting on their claim. This fee will be used to pay people to vote on the claim. We like this idea for two reasons. A) It incentivizes people to vote on claims which have fewer votes — this means they get a bigger piece of the fee than a vote that has many votes. Avoiding a flat payout encourages participation distributed across claims. B) It will discourage people from submitting fraudulent claims — they would have to pay the fee and, if their fraud was discovered, they would lose their policy entirely.
In the same vein of community growth and reaching a consensus, we want the community to have a forum for discussion for each claim. We want theme to share information and allow their expertise in certain areas to show.
We also want to prevent users from submitting duplicate claims, or submitting duplicate evidence across accounts. We’re thinking of having a “similarity score” between two claims based on the parameters submitted when making a claim (amount, area, day of occurrence etc.) and the data they submit (receipt, video, photo) and giving that information to users.
The team is really excited to build this product and get something working and able to be used by the community quickly. We want to surface as much information as possible to let the community reach a consensus in a fair and reasonable manner, and build on this system going forward.

Man, please go and gather some posts somewhere else! Why do you posted this announcement in here?
Don't listen to this guy espers! He just copy/paste this: https://medium.com/@umbrellacoin/dev-team-update-week-of-july-24-a3774fb84847
cyberpitstop

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:10:53 PM

I think the real reason for most community and dev issues is mostly caused by fud spreading trolls that just want a quick profit, they just want to come in and cause trouble make assumption and accusations about things they know nothing about. It's all part of their profit making fud spreading pump and dump system. they do this over and over again. They move from one coin to another doing this over and over time and time again. The real winners are the steadfast die hard believers and investors in a project, let us remember something the devs are not "selling anything" with this coin. ESP started as a  COMPLETLY FREE COIN the more attention a coin receives the higher the price the more these type of people move and try pull their crap. Hold it buy more from the weak hand don't getting into pissing matches with these type people, don't even respond to these type of people.
Arizal

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:04:23 AM

7/26/17 Q & A on Espers Discord https://discord.gg/hhYP8yT

-------------
Q: It's still 25 mil for master node?
A: That's the current number. There's been a lot of discussion about it but I don't think there's really been any one number to come forward yet as a preferred amount.
Q: -You would send the whitepaper (not final to us) why do you not sent it? -What about the whitepaper? -Why there is this such a problem, cause the team grows much (heard on telegram) - Promised a lot to be on bitcointalk and not be there, why? -news about PoS?
A: So the team is larger than it was but there are still other projects that required attention this week. Espers progress was made as well just nothing was pushed live. As for the whitepaper, I know everyone's been waiting and there's really not "excuse" to provide, however as an explanation I was tasked with writing the whitepaper, I've written a couple before for other things and truth be told, things have just been coming with either other projects or personally so work was slow. Hence you're really not seeing much. New PoS was running on a closed net for testing and seems to be doing well so we plan to push that relatively soon after a few more minor tweaks to it. Since this doesn't follow any of the reference calculations or methods. Just been busy as far as bitcointalk, really no other explanation, don't exactly enjoy saying that. But it's just the way it is at this particular moment, once the update is pushed there'll be announcements and such on bitcointalk, as there always have been.
Q: When will we see something tangible for ESP?
A: This year is is the year tasked with the major features. Had a lul this summer a bit but it doesn't affect the overall timetable.
Q: What about sites on chain? This year?
A: Late this year is the plan.
Q: Before whitepaper or later?
A: Whitepaper will come out well before the site on chain bit
Q: And the PoS thing? When will this be fixed?
A: PoS will be getting pushed this week. You already saw the framework for it pushed.  We'll get github notifications set up for Discord. That way everyone will be notified when the project is updated.
Q: When is not really a concern. But with projects like insn are the devs and the rest of the team really devoted to pushing ESP to its full potential?
A:  Of course we are. The fun thing is in the future we'll all be working together in a sense. It's not a division it's a unification.
Q: Heard about trex?
A: Not yet, haven't gotten to trex. Figured updates were a bit more important.
Q: Crosschain? For what is this good, if i may to ask?
A: Yes. That is what I was referring to. Bringing communities together. It's actually a rather good idea. Takes a bit of strain off of each chain as well. Well wouldn't it be nice if communities could hang out on their own blockchains and interact with others as well? Would be pretty neat imo.
Q: Yes, but why? :smiley:  Don't want to be rude.
A: Through encrypted means instead of open ones.
Q: I have heard somethings here now. But it does not change anything for us now. Right?
A: Well PoS is changing along with block type shuffling. If you're referring to the already mentioned later this year crosschain and site on chain stuff then, later this year. :smile:
Q: Are you working on a new secret project? Hush hush
A: No Espers will be upgraded indefinitely, we will not be switching projects.
Q: Do you expect a dump to 3sat`: )
A: I have no clue about market statistics, I'm not a market analyst, I'm a developer. Sorry :/
Q: bur nothing delivered.
A: nothing delivered? Have you been looking at github?
Q: 15 day ago, or do you mean the snipps?
A:  True, we've been running tests on the next planned push for the last couple weeks.
Q: Like to send us for reading the whitepaper? sorry, dude. You lose more and more trust. please!
A: Fairly sure we're all aware of that. Not shying away from the situation. However when things in my life come up they come up. If you'd like I can provide a detailed excerpt of what has been going on for exactly the last 15 days. The rest of the team get's a lot of work done. From website updates, and setting up the systems for things like mobile wallet and such. However they too have lives, many have full time jobs. I'm one of the few who can devote a large amount of time. Well typically can. Just been a weird summer. Doesn't mean things aren't releasing soon or that progress isn't being made despite it looking "bleak".
Q: Appreciate the hard work and looking forward to the upcoming months. Thank you
A: Thank you for being a part of it, seriously it's the community that makes the project really work. I know everyone's been waiting but it's not in vain.
Q: Awesome idea. when do you anticipate this "unification" to begin? later this year is what we were just saying.
A: Later this year is what we were just saying.
Q: All things considered you're doing well. I'm happy with the results so far and invested in this project knowing it would take some time. Thanks for taking time out of your day to communicate with us.
A: Thank you.
crazyheinz

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:17:33 PM

I am staking 400k coins 24/7 since 7 days, my reward time sometimes goes to 4 hours and then changes back to 2 days...
I haven't received staking rewards yet Sad
All the other coins I started staking with since 7 days got rewards. 1337, RDD, Blitz, Grc,...
Only espers is giving me nothing.

dox-ua

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:31:41 PM

I am staking 400k coins 24/7 since 7 days, my reward time sometimes goes to 4 hours and then changes back to 2 days...
All the other coins I started staking with since 7 days got rewards. 1337, RDD, Blitz, Grc,...

you need about month timeframe to proceed with POS, you'll got yours for sure
crazyheinz

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:37:34 PM

you need about month timeframe to proceed with POS, you'll got yours for sure

ok, thx for you reply. Now showing 18 hours but guess better not to count on it. Do you know what may be the reward for 400k coins?

Alezha

Activity: 119
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:52:26 PM

You have very few coins
dox-ua

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:33:44 PM

ok, thx for you reply. Now showing 18 hours but guess better not to count on it. Do you know what may be the reward for 400k coins?
you can test how stake works if poswallet.com still ok Smiley they're staking your ESP coins . don't know how's today, used them about month ago w/o problems  
zecon

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

spattered throughout the golden ethers

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:35:19 PM

BTFD

Espers is not going away.

If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
— Jim Rohn
crazyheinz

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:59:51 PM

You have very few coins

now you're hurting my feelings Cry
I could have had more than a million but I managed to buy the att...
What is the APR for this coin? How much would you recommend to buy?

crazyheinz

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:01:15 PM

you can test how stake works if poswallet.com still ok Smiley they're staking your ESP coins . don't know how's today, used them about month ago w/o problems  

I don't trust poswallet, I'm staking in the wallet. Smiley

Lipe490

Activity: 602
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:03:17 PM

So a month ago Espers2 hit 38 sat on novaexchange and now We are getting to 8-5 sat. Maybe the coin will be back to 1 satoshi if dev don't run with the updates.
bit010

Activity: 204

Websites on the chain

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 08:45:01 PM

You have very few coins

now you're hurting my feelings Cry
I could have had more than a million but I managed to buy the att...
What is the APR for this coin? How much would you recommend to buy?

Buy a minimum of 25-30 million espers(esp2)
https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_ESP2/

Espers is a Proof-Of-Work/Proof-Of-Stake (PoW/PoS) hybrid blockchain
Discord: https://discord.gg/QNvd729  Twitter:  https://twitter.com/EspersCoin
Reddit:   https://www.reddit.com/r/esperscoin/
Pages: « 1 ... 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 [669] 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 ... 822 »
  Print  

Jump to: