Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:20:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Changelly.com - instant exchange. VISA/Mastercard accepted.  (Read 52991 times)
gernstein

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 11:24:42 AM

As promised an update - Minergate replied that it was an issue on their side and all the funds were returned.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dispocryspo

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 01:55:25 PM

I´m also having problems with transaction # 5570dc5b9a7e

I sent 4.2 BTC on Friday but there is just the message "sorry! the payment was not received." Actually all my money is lost. No reaction from support afterwards. Sorry, but that´s not the way you should treat your clients.
gosmond

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 10:04:46 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2017, 07:31:02 AM by gosmond

Hi, I am posting to report my positive experience with Changelly's customer service & with their integrity.

TL;DR, I made a mistake entering the "Destination ID" on Ripple payment to Changelly, and ~172 ETH (~$8,600 USD equivalent) got mis-directed and sent to an unknown Ether wallet. Within 1 hour I realized my mistake, within 3 hours I had a reply from Changelly support team, and within 24 hours Changelly had properly credited to me the entire ETH balance.

Aside: my Bitcoin Forum account reads as "brand new," but that's only because this is my first post. I registered this account in 2013, as is visible in my profile details.

---- The full details of the situation ------

Yesterday (Sunday, ~9:40AM PST)  I made a Changelly exchange transaction (#5cec9d2f9128) to convert 932,000 XRP --> ~172 ETH.

I then executed a Ripple payment from my wallet to Changelly, amount 932,000 XRP. I got Changelly's Ripple wallet address correct -- BUT, I mis-typed the Destination ID field for the payment. (A Ripple transaction "Destination ID" is not to be confused with using the wrong Ripple wallet address. The Destination ID is just an accounting / memo field, it is not part of the actual cryptographic Ripple wallet address. If you send a payment to the *wrong wallet address* there is nothing Changelly or any other service can do for you...)

Changelly's internal system uses the Destination ID field to credit incoming XRP payments to the correct exchange transaction. But because I swapped digits, my 932,000 XRP exchange was credit to *someone else's ETH wallet.*  

It took me about an hour to realize this & figure it out. Once I did, I got very concerned because I was missing ~$8,600 USD in funds, seemingly disappeared into some unknown Ether wallet.

I contacted Changelly both via email & on their Reddit forum (/r/changelly) and recevied a first response back within about 3 hours. The early responses seemed a little "weak" because they implied that since I made the error in the Ripple payment DestiationID field, it might not be possible to recover my funds. It is understandable that they might give such a response because people are making this kind of data entry mistake all the time, so they are constantly dealing with tracking down these transactions. Sometimes people send money to the wrong wallet address (nothing Changelly can do about that,) or sometimes the amounts are very small ($1, $5, $10, etc.) and it can take time to track down the error and see if it is even possible to correct it.

But $8,600 USD equivalent is not something I would just walk away from. I have an understanding of crypto wallets & the difference between a "Destination ID" accounting field and an actual wallet address.  I got *very* concerned and wrote one or two respectful but strongly-worded messages, expressing that I did not think it was reasonable for a customer's funds to disappear just because the DestinationID field was wrong. (The system should have other checks & balances to prevent this.)

My communications to Changelly included all the relevant info, including Changelly transaction ID, and my Ripple payment transaction hash, which is:

28B1144FE0C4E308B8BF657DD7E485AF07845768CB77FDB2E19B0280E478228C.

Within another hour or two they said they were looking into it & would get back to me.

5 hours after that I got a message from Changelly confirming that they *could* retrieve (or reimburse) the full amount of my missing funds. I replied to that message after another few hours, to double-confirm my ETH wallet payment address, and within about another +2 hours, the full amount of the ETH had been credited back to my account.

What a relief.
------

So, the take-away here is that Changelly's system for handling user data-entry errors & typos could use some improvement. But most important, they took responsibility for the situation, carefully reviewed my case, and returned all of my funds to me.

With appreciation to the Changelly team --

Gosmond
dispocryspo

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 07:13:38 AM

I´m also having problems with transaction # 5570dc5b9a7e

I sent 4.2 BTC on Friday but there is just the message "sorry! the payment was not received." Actually all my money is lost. No reaction from support afterwards. Sorry, but that´s not the way you should treat your clients.

Finally I got an answer now from support and the transfer was corrected so I got the complete amount. Thanks for this, but you should provide answers in shorter time.  Wink
exchangex

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:11:37 AM

Hi, Please refund transactions was not completed. Check your private message! Thanks!
nasssssh

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 04:44:58 PM

Hello I am missing a large XMR deposit to ETH.
It hasn't shown up, I have sent you a private message with the details.

I tried it with a 1 XMR deposit it worked but I've been waiting all day for the large transaction it says awaiting payment.

I have sent you a private message with all the details.

Please help as soon as you can.

Embarrassed
nasssssh

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 07:23:07 PM

No reply to support tickets, reddit, private messages, direct tweets, comments on news articles, message to MinerGate.
Please someone help!  Huh Huh Huh Huh Cry
nasssssh

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 09:12:34 AM

No reply to support tickets, reddit, private messages, direct tweets, comments on news articles, message to MinerGate.
Please someone help!  Huh Huh Huh Huh Cry

Just got a reply from support on Twitter and a reply on a post on Reddit. The twitter guy said he saw the transaction and asked if I wanted a refund or to convert it.
I said please go ahead and convert in my private message, but I think Twitter may have blocked me. If you are reading this please re-start and send ETH at the best rate to the original destination ETH address.
nasssssh

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 12:53:31 PM

Update to everyone!

I got a reply from Twitter, although nothing yet from support my friend messaged me saying thanks for sending the funds.

So they have been sent and arrived. Not sure what caused the delay but Changelly is a legitimate service. This was a large sum of money in excess of $5000 and they did process it eventually. To those who called them a scam they are anything but that, perhaps support is a bit slow at weekend but they did deliver in the end when they could have easily have kept the money.

I would recommend and use them again.  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
faveaigbe

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 04:42:33 PM

Hi,

I run an ecurrency exchanging business but recently began to explore the automated exchanging business after I started using changelly to buy cryptos.

I came across your instant exchange API at https://changelly.com/developers and I want to know if it is white label and if I need to share revenue with you. 

Secondly, I also saw your instant exchange widget and was wondering if I should use it instead. But if I decide to use it how do I handle logo issues as I would like the site to carry only my logo?

Thanks
corsaro
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 07:40:28 AM

We’re happy to announce that Lisk is now on Changelly!

Buy/sell Lisk at the best rate: Changelly.com

Learn more about Lisk in our blog

Hi @Changelly.

Some guys in LISK Community are asking when do you plan to reactivate LISK?

Besides, just an other question... Any news About ARK and SHIFT listing ?

Thanks in advance for your kind reply
Mr.Black

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 03:34:05 PM

I discovered Changelly today and I liked it from the beginning. Very uncomplicated and easy to use as it seems to me. I think it is very anonymous and unregulated especeally if you want to change cryptocoin to cryptocoin. I will try it first times with smaller amounts and if everything works well I´ll increase the amounts gradually. Since I´m searching for a trustworthy Exchanger I found such as Cryptonator and Livecoin and  I like them too but at first I think I´ll try it with Changelly and I hope Changelly proves to be safe and confident. If everything goes well I will stay with it Smiley
Mr.Black

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:14:27 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2017, 08:10:47 AM by Mr.Black

Now I have tested it. First I changed 0.1 bitcoins in Dash, than 0.5 Dash in XRM and last 1 Dash in XRM. Everything worked quickly, cleanly and without problems. In all transactions the coins were in minutes on my wallets and the fees are allways only 5%. Very fair! That's exactly what I was looking for Cool I think I´m staying.  Smiley

Edith: 0,5% and not 5%! Sry.
steamon

Activity: 404
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:30:57 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2017, 09:18:58 AM by steamon

I use Changelly to get alts coins for my portfolio thanks to their quick transfers I did like 6 to 8 transfers without problem but yesterday I tried transfering 2500 NLG to LTC but the transfer never processed. I did send a e-mail and they accepted the issue. But the exchange has still not happend yet.

Of course I update when the transfer got processed.

Update:

The transfer got processed fine today and they said sorry. The support work limited in the weekend that's why it took a bit. But they did a good exchange rate. I will turn this into a positive review. Most transactions do go quickly and this gulden transaction was part off the gulden wallet that caused a issue on their side for the NLG to not appear properly. So I can still recommand Changelly for fast transactions here. Thanks.

CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 10:17:23 PM

Thanks to the Changelly team for adding Byteball, highly appreciated!

https://twitter.com/cryptkeeperbtt/status/858440960535035905

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
gadsden76

Activity: 130
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 06:49:09 PM

Does changelly currently have any plans to add gnosis?  Thanks!

Not all those who wander are lost.
-Tolkien
Ridley69

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:50:50 PM

Exchange rates:

1 BTC = 1,918.41002177 USD
1 BTC = 2,202.71594876 EUR

Shocked Shocked Shocked
najar360

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 06:44:23 AM

in changelly windows i key in to send 1.46btc convert to gnt. i have problem with my wallet and i key in 1.455btc and forgot to change in changelly exchange. will my transaction accept by changelly?
DXB2017

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 09:05:14 AM

Hope to see soon Creditbit CRB eth token there👍🏼
As you can see Charlie Shrem support Crb!

http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/04/26/charlie-shrem-invests-creditbit-major-exchanges-contemplate-adding-crb-trading-market/

█████
     █████
     █████       ▄██████████▄        ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄
     █████     ▄██████████████▄     █████▄   ▄█████   █████▄   ▄█████
     █████    █████▀▀    ▀▀█████     ▀█████▄█████▀     ▀█████▄█████▀
     █████   █████          █████      ▀███████▀         ▀███████▀
     █████   █████          █████        █████             █████
     █████   █████          █████      ▄███████▄         ▄███████▄
     █████    █████▄▄       █████    ▄█████▀█████▄     ▄█████▀█████▄
    █████▀     ▀█████████   █████   █████▀   ▀█████   █████▀   ▀█████
▄▄██████▀        ▀███████   █████    ▀█▀       ▀█▀     ▀█▀       ▀█▀
██████▀
███▀▀
Y O U R   B L O C K C H A I N   I N T E R F A C E
▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Jaxx
Android        iOS        OS X        Chrome        Windows        Linux
     ▄██████████████████████████████▄
     ██▀                          ▀▀▀
     ██                        ▄███████████████▄
     ██                        █               █
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                     █               █
████▄▄▄████                    █               █
█         █                    █               █
█         █ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █               █
█         █ ████████▄▄████████ █               █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█       ▄▄▄▄▄▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀████▄████▀   ▄▄██████████▄▄   ▀███████▄███████▀
tiagoferezin

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 06:06:13 AM

Hello alright?

I have a transaction that does not confirm, I received from Changelly, and it has already been sent to my BTC wallet, but has no confirmation, and I would like to know if it is normal to stay hours without any confirmation.

If it is not normal, what procedure should I take?

Follow the link for the transaction:
http://Https://blockchain.info/tx/ebc4a2a1f3a1b4885ead61e9105b0a2bc42490d5f550a0dbf04061711f7d16db

In this link you have more details of this transaction:
http://Https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/tx/ebc4a2a1f3a1b4885ead61e9105b0a2bc42490d5f550a0dbf04061711f7d16db/

Many thanks to anyone who helps me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: