Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:32:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [IOTA] IOTA Speculation  (Read 171551 times)
ayesha98211

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 01:45:36 PM

where can I sell iota ? I have 1G iota .
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yumei

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:00:40 PM

Everyone knows communication isn't the main skill of the team. Now please stop whinning everywhere (this will not change anything to your loss) and move on.

You are right about it, but afterwards being called "stupid" repeatedly from another guy calling himself IOTAtoken - — David Sønstebø, Co-founder of IOTA, gives me the urge to warn other people from their ignorance and dourness.
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:46:36 PM

Everyone knows communication isn't the main skill of the team. Now please stop whinning everywhere (this will not change anything to your loss) and move on.

You are right about it, but afterwards being called "stupid" repeatedly from another guy calling himself IOTAtoken - — David Sønstebø, Co-founder of IOTA, gives me the urge to warn other people from their ignorance and dourness.

False. Our communication is 100% blunt precisely because it's the only way to get things across. I know people with little experience think that you should be polite and understanding in all situations, but the thing is that then we'd get absolutely NOTHING done.

And calling you stupid is just an observation, its not an ad hominem, you randomly sent over 5000 dollars to someone you had no idea who were within 5 minutes of entering the chat, without doing ANY attempt at verifying anything. That is objectively stupid, it has nothing to do with insulting or making fun of you. How your fuckup translates into us being ignorant is a bigger mystery than quantum superpositions.

Jabbawa

Activity: 179

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:49:16 PM

NUTSHELL!!!
iotatoken

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:52:59 PM

NUTSHELL!!!

I take issue with this nonsense, we are as blunt as physically possible to make sure there is no ambiguity or mix up of roles precisely to avoid situations such as these.

youyou_

Activity: 596

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:06:28 PM

NUTSHELL!!!

I take issue with this nonsense, we are as blunt as physically possible to make sure there is no ambiguity or mix up of roles precisely to avoid situations such as these.

In France, be blunt != be rude, but i don't know what is the usage in other countries
iotatoken

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:22:12 PM

NUTSHELL!!!

In France, be blunt != be rude, but i don't know what is the usage in other countries

In English it means 'straightforward'

vlight

Activity: 656

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 05:21:49 PM

Look, i'm really sorry to hear that you have been scammed, yumei  Embarrassed . But please don't get discouraged by the devs' response. They've always been rude with their responses to the community. It's their style of communication, unfortunately.  Undecided
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 05:39:13 PM

Common guys, the Iota devs are doing a great job. Stop whining about the communication, it is a style, the bitcointalk style, don't take it too personal.
For the 2779530283277761 th time use escrow
yumei

Activity: 185

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 05:47:47 PM

False. Our communication is 100% blunt precisely because it's the only way to get things across. I know people with little experience think that you should be polite and understanding in all situations, but the thing is that then we'd get absolutely NOTHING done.

And calling you stupid is just an observation, its not an ad hominem, you randomly sent over 5000 dollars to someone you had no idea who were within 5 minutes of entering the chat, without doing ANY attempt at verifying anything. That is objectively stupid, it has nothing to do with insulting or making fun of you. How your fuckup translates into us being ignorant is a bigger mystery than quantum superpositions.

You are ignorant because:
1. You did not read my chat conversation with the scammer, it was not 5 minutes, but over 1 hour.

2. You dont want to understand that not everybody knows how to verify users properly on websites like slack. You are stating it is objectively stupid from anybody not knowing how to do, I would claim every average Joe would be scammed from the guy who scammed me. On some points on my conversation with the scammer, I though this "Dominik Schiener" might be strange not speaking german with me for example, but I never thought he could be a scammer having the same pictures and name like him, while the real "Dominik Schiener" was also chatting in the official room in english with other guys.

3. You think being blunt and using words like stupid is ok, although with the most cultures of the world it is offensive and cause conflicts. If you would have say it directly to me or a lot of other people where I am living, after I lost over 5.000 dollars, at least someone from us would be propably injured. You would be ok with it?  So in my opinion I am not stupid, it is your opinion, it is subjectiv and therefore a personal attack.

By the way, why are you adorn yourself with words like "ad hominem" or "quantum superpositions", do you want to show us how inteligent you are?

Here is the chat conversation with the scammer, for the ignorants / or lazys..

After I entered the trading channel, the user "Dominik Schiener" contacted me.
At the end of our conversation the user changed his name to: "Admiral Bit"

Dominik Schiener [11:56 PM]  
Hi, if you are looking to source IOTA quickly and secure I am offering batches of 1 TIOTA @ 10 Bitcoin per batch.  If you require any just let me know.  Thanks, Dom

yumei [11:59 PM]  
hi, sprichst du deutsch ?

Dominik Schiener [11:59 PM]  
a little but my English is better

----- Today August 30th, 2016 -----
yumei [12:00 AM]  
ah ok I thought your name is german

Dominik Schiener [12:00 AM]  
If you need the IOTA wallet, latest build here : https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases/tag/1.0.4.beta
 GitHub
iotaledger/wallet
wallet - IOTA Wallet

yumei [12:01 AM]  
well can you explain me how it works with trading, do I need to transfer BTC anywhere for the bot recognizing it, or its just a OTC between me and you where we have to handle anything else ?

Dominik Schiener [12:02 AM]  
I am one of the IOTA devs so trades are secure.  You can also go to the trading channel and type "BIDS" or "ASKS" for the bot to respond.  Trades are manual so escrow is recommended if you are dealing with a regular member here

[12:04]  
Seccour or Yassin are recommended for Escrow

yumei [12:04 AM]  
ok I understand, may I ask you some questions then? is IOTA pow or pos, how is it different to bitcoin beside there is no typical blockchain, my english is poor, so I didnt understand that much. but if you don´t have time to explain its fine I will search elsewhere, but I am highly interested to buy from you

Dominik Schiener [12:05 AM]  
All the info you require can be found here in detail : https://www.iotatoken.com/

[12:06]  
IOTA has big advantages over bitcoin regarding scalability, no fees, fully decentralized

yumei [12:07 AM]  
ok i am actually installing the client, how long you will be online to do the trade ?

Dominik Schiener [12:09 AM]  
I will be on and off on a regular basis. When you are ready please use the following bitcoin address for payment : [hidden]

After transfer drop me a pm with your IOTA address, IOTA will be sent after 1 confirmation of the bitcoin

[12:10]  
You dont needa fully synced wallet to complete the trade and you can also check the IOTA has been sent using the tangle explorer here :  http://tangle.guru/

yumei [12:10 AM]  
ok thanks a lot Dominik, I appreciate your help a lot, I will pm you when I do the first 10 btc batch for 1 T IOTA

Dominik Schiener [12:10 AM]  
No probs.

Dominik Schiener [12:53 AM]  
heading offline soon.  If you decide to purchase the IOTA just send to the bitcoin to the above address (Hidden) then message me your IOTA address.  IOTA will be sent when I come back online shortly.  Current price is 10 BTC per 1 TIOTA (25 batches available)  - price is also subject to change so dont think about it too long :wink:  thanks, Dom.

yumei [12:55 AM]  
yes, actually I am downloading the data, seems like I need to download if completly before I can attach my address to tangle ?

[12:55]  
unfortunatly client is not showing me on status bar, how much I have still to download

Dominik Schiener [12:56 AM]  
You can use the address before attaching to tangle.  to give you an idea of how much you need to download you can reference the milestones here :  https://iotatangle.slack.com/messages/botbox/

yumei [12:57 AM]  
milestoneIndex

[12:57]  
its not moving here

[12:58]  
ok give me 10 minutes, I will send you the first 10 btc

Dominik Schiener [12:58 AM]  
no probs, ill hold on a bit before logging off then

yumei [1:01 AM]  
FGCFLHTPTFRZVVLMDQIPWQXXHBEDBMRWILGFVEQHGBJHTYZN9MUYTNBUKCSZKKHEJLGKHGWUGQV9PMX CKQFI9IKUDO

Dominik Schiener [1:02 AM]  
ok, as soon as I get the transaction I.D ill get the IOTA sent over to you.  You can then check in tangle explorer that it has been sent if your wallet hasnt fully synced up

[1:05]  
bitcoin received.  sending IOTA now.

yumei [1:06 AM]  
ok

Dominik Schiener [1:08 AM]  
All sent, should show in your wallet shortly.

yumei [1:09 AM]  
ok thanks, I will test the client and read more about IOTA and might coming back to you, is there any discount when I decide to buy more / higher amounts ?
vlight

Activity: 656

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:16:47 PM

You can use the address before attaching to tangle

Is this true?
rnr

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:19:41 PM

Je mehr Du dazu schreibst, desto lächerlicher machst Du dich!

Hat dich die Gier (OHNE AUCH NUR ANSATZWEISE über Iota recherchiert zu haben) blind gemacht? Oder bist du schlicht einfältig?

Dominik Schiener, das klinkt ja auch so russisch, oder usbekisch, oder türkisch.

Voidcrafter

Activity: 481

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:22:49 PM

Je mehr Du dazu schreibst, desto lächerlicher machst Du dich!

Hat dich die Gier (OHNE AUCH NUR ANSATZWEISE über Iota recherchiert zu haben) blind gemacht? Oder bist du schlicht einfältig?

Dominik Schiener, das klinkt ja auch so russisch, oder usbekisch, oder türkisch.

Niemals einem fremden der sich nicht verifiziert hat geld über das internet schicken , sollte eigentlich klar sein und wird mehrmals jeden tag im chat erwähnt , wenn man sich diesen nicht wenigstens 20-30 minuten durchliest trifft man seine 5000€ investition nicht mit der brnötigten vorsicht.

Außerdem sollte man nicht in etwas investieren wenn der entwickler seinen anteil bereits verkaufen will.

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Бapaxoлкa CCCP - иcтopии и paccкaзы
 Coчи 360 - Иcтopии из жизни
 - Днeвник ГУФИкa иcтopии пpo coбaк
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
rnr

Activity: 247

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:44:06 PM

WTB: Still looking for 1Ti for 11,5 BTC
Voidcrafter

Activity: 481

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:50:38 PM

You can go to the slack trading channel however you must use escrow and you must have the escrow confirm his identity over bitcointalk.

On bitcointalk you must also check if the escrows account is real and you should check the trust rating on here so you dont give coins to a random high level member.

If you dont use those securitys you might loose all you money to an imposter/scammer.

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Бapaxoлкa CCCP - иcтopии и paccкaзы
 Coчи 360 - Иcтopии из жизни
 - Днeвник ГУФИкa иcтopии пpo coбaк
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:04:51 PM

https://iotatangle.slack.com/messages/trading/
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:48:40 PM

Hey smartass.
1. I didn´t use escrow because I thought I am dealing directly with the dev, who are normaly the guys doing escrow for trades, just check the log I sent, there you will find more information. In Slack it is possible to use anybody nickname and pictures, even in the same channel. It was my fault not being more suspicious, but slack is definiatly not adequate doing trades for non-geeks.
Btw. I read following page, where is nowhere warned of scammer on slack: https://forum.iotatoken.com/t/first-steps-in-order-to-buy-iota-and-how-you-set-up-your-wallet/772
2. Yes correct
3. Correct
4. Correct, thats why his "joke" is so disgusting.

And what you are telling is not true, at least where I am living, in my real-life nobody makes jokes about someone losing more than 5.000 usd instantly afterwards. You don´t amuse yourself at the expense of sb. else, this has to do with good behaving and has nothing to do with the IQ.
If you are sociopath or autistic you might find it funny because you are not able to empathize with someone else.

While we are on this, what BTC address did you send those 10 BTC to?
Jabbawa

Activity: 179

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:53:41 PM

Being efficient and accurate is very different and much easier than being sensitive, diplomatic and courteous.

You guys clearly have many skill sets, but I think it is quite obvious to everyone that your communication skills are limited to getting the point across; you don't have friendly or warm personas in your dealings with the community and you haven't inspired great feelings of filial unity.

Rather than snapping back with justification and defence (as I'm sure you will want to do) why not simply acknowledge what is a pretty modest weakness? A lot of communication could have been handled better. It's no big deal, it's not your remit. I'd rather you were blunt (also infers 'insensitive') as you are dealing with business and real world application.

I was a community manager for 6 years, the skills required to galvanise and grow a community are quite different and much more common than the skills you have. I wish you'd just listened to us earlier and got yassin or someone to act as your community manager (I'm retired and not volunteering lol).  Wink

I mean you no disrespect David, none of us are perfect and you have done amazing things worthy of great praise and respect. You have earned the right to be a little acerbic, but don't bother defending the accusations of insensitivity, just own it and move on.

Anyway.... Yumei, I don't have to be diplomatic as I have nothing to do with the project really. You are an idiot. Never in a million years would I have fallen for that. 10btc per Ti?Huh Pasting that convo as defence reveals how easily a fool and his money are parted. Did you even research the price first? Why do you think he'd sell at so much below the going rate? Ever heard of something being too good to be true and needing to be double-checked? You are a mug! Dom would have been right to take the mick if he'd been a random user and not associated with the project. He's also a young, smart bloke, we all know how quick they are with their tongues. Are you really that surprised by standard human behaviour and lack of empathy from young geeky dudes? Grow up and stop venting here, the blame all sits squarely on your shoulders and no one owes you any sympathy or understanding. This is a decentralised project, not your average customer relations issue with business operators. They don't care about diplomacy; I don't think it matters a huge amount at this stage and with this kind of project, so what you gonna do about it? Grow a pair and act like a man.
iotatoken

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 08:19:01 PM

Being efficient and accurate is very different and much easier than being sensitive, diplomatic and courteous.

Except we are not insensitive or undiplomatic. We froze the funds of Child_Harold (which I warned everyone about extensively before he scammed for like 100 000 dollars), I spend hours weekly on helping out people who didn't claim in the 6 month auto-claim period and if you ask anyone that works with me I doubt they would describe me as someone who isn't courteous. But frankly I don't care, if you want to have that view, be my guest.

You guys clearly have many skill sets, but I think it is quite obvious to everyone that your communication skills are limited to getting the point across; you don't have friendly or warm personas in your dealings with the community and you haven't inspired great feelings of filial unity.

We could be prince charming, or we could get stuff done. You can't have both. Why? As soon as you assume the role of a babysitter everyone will bombard you with their trivial issues or things that are out of your control. I say this because I have experience with it. I think everyone agrees that it's better that we spend time and energy making sure IOTA succeeds, but never do we act disrespectful to anyone, except trolls/scammers of course.

Rather than snapping back with justification and defence (as I'm sure you will want to do) why not simply acknowledge what is a pretty modest weakness? A lot of communication could have been handled better. It's no big deal, it's not your remit. I'd rather you were blunt (also infers 'insensitive') as you are dealing with business and real world application.

I don't care if you consider being honest and efficient a 'weakness', but what I take issue with is this mantra of "their communication skills are their weakest point", we are brutally honest and clear because we have to deal with 1000+ people. There is no way to get personally involved in each person, so instead a blunt approach is the best for everyone from an effective altruistic POV.

I was a community manager for 6 years, the skills required to galvanise and grow a community are quite different and much more common than the skills you have. I wish you'd just listened to us earlier and got yassin or someone to act as your community manager (I'm retired and not volunteering lol).  Wink

Disagree. I said 100 times that "community managers emerge" and used Yassin as the numero uno example 100 times, but (his own wish) he didn't want to be any official community manager, which we of course respected so we didn't enforce anything on him. Community management is making sure people understand what is important and what isn't. Which we have done extremely efficiently, if I had taken any other approach we would not have IOTA Foundation, everything I predicted came true^10 in regards to donations dropping off once people started associating IOTA with imaginary real world profits. I said this back in October after several years in this space, because that is human nature.

I mean you no disrespect David, none of us are perfect and you have done amazing things worthy of great praise and respect. You have earned the right to be a little acerbic, but don't bother defending the accusations of insensitivity, just own it and move on.

You are free to have whatever opinon you want of me, but I encourage you to take a look through the times I have been what you deem 'disrespectful', I cannot recall a single time I have not been proven right, but you are free to give me an example where I have been. Usually my approach ends up filtering out the lunatics and scammers, a side effect of this is that I might appear 'too blunt' to some, but in all honesty it's to ensure the longevity of the project. Neither me or any of the other IOTA core members can get emotionally invested in every single individual or their issues, it would mean the entire project comes to a halt.

So again: feel free to say/think whatever you want of me/us, but as someone who is religiously attached to rationality and objective truth I will continue to point out when you are wrong.

teletobi

Activity: 734

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 08:23:23 PM

Anyway.... Yumei, I don't have to be diplomatic as I have nothing to do with the project really. You are an idiot. Never in a million years would I have fallen for that. 10btc per Ti?Huh Pasting that convo as defence reveals how easily a fool and his money are parted. Did you even research the price first? Why do you think he'd sell at so much below the going rate? Ever heard of something being too good to be true and needing to be double-checked? You are a mug! Dom would have been right to take the mick if he'd been a random user and not associated with the project. He's also a young, smart bloke, we all know how quick they are with their tongues. Are you really that surprised by standard human behaviour and lack of empathy from young geeky dudes? Grow up and stop venting here, the blame all sits squarely on your shoulders and no one owes you any sympathy or understanding. This is a decentralised project, not your average customer relations issue with business operators. They don't care about diplomacy; I don't think it matters a huge amount at this stage and with this kind of project, so what you gonna do about it? Grow a pair and act like a man.

Regarding all these Scams it seems like IOTA could be quite successful...

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 »
  Print  

Jump to: