Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:02:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 593 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [old thread] - RISE | DPOS | APPS & DAPPS  (Read 653217 times)
Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 01:14:54 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2016, 01:33:43 PM by Alty

As you can see my main hesitation with the project is overwhelmingly the real estate project.

To Alty: I am not mad that you have been involved with coins in the past, I do not mind others being involved with coins or developing new technology, I think that is good for the community in general. But I do have to question this real estate business opportunity because it is not fully fleshed out whatsoever it seems like an add-on like many coins have had in the past but ultimately these coins fail to relate business opportunity with the community at large because there is little to no transparency. I do not think you are a bad person and I'm not attacking you. I just cannot see how this business opportunity can be realized with the information in front of me. I like that Rise has reached out to me but it still has not squashed my main concerns.

This week I'm going to publish a comprehensive list of facts and figures related to Acre and how it would work.

However, I think you've completely missed the point here.

Acre is a bonus for Rise holders should we raise enough in the ICO.

It's not THE reason to buy Rise, the blockchain technology aspect is.

Anyway, I'll pull some numbers together and post them on the blog so you and others can see how it's intended to work in more precise detail.

I reached out to you via a Skype over one week ago and also via email and unfortunately you didn't respond.

Hopefully we can get this situation and any concerns that you may have resolved asap.
snowman8

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 01:33:22 PM

Hey look who it is. It's Mr ICOCountdown himself  Tongue

I am sure Alty will respond to you but I had asked a few of these questions myself way back before the ICO began and I can even answer these myself. I doubt you really did look into this very much. But I think my interest along with others helped prompt Alty to post this on the blog https://rise.vision/blog/post/why-real-estate

I'll take a stab at this (off the top of my head)

How will funds be delivered back to users?

I remember this was a big legal issue. People would not be shareholders in a legal sense. It's just a bonus beyond the core Rise project which some people are having difficulty grasping. But a % would be converted back to btc and distributed among coin holders. Not a bad deal for doing nothing while the Rise team goes out and does all the heavy lifting.

How will funds be dispersed fairly and openly.

There will be some trust on this. But costs will be documented and transparent. But the fact they are providing something above the coin itself is great. Most people invest in a coin with nothing else as a bonus. Just relying on the value of the coin itself.

Who will own the contracts to these houses? (Deeds)

Legally it would be Rise or Acre or whatever they decide to use for the name. Again, coin holders aren't shareholders.

Who will maintain and deliver these things accordingly.
Alty is in charge of all these things, believe me real estate development is no small feat.

Well I did some poking around (thank you) and dug up a bit of alty's background in real estate and I found this... however you're questioning other people without even talking about who you really are or what your background is and why you think you can make judgments? I think it's disgusting and a disservice to this community. This is probably one of the best projects of 2016 and you're messing up their chances of a bright future. One of the reasons you delisted Rise was because the testnet wasn't delivering coins (now they are). Waves is still listed on your site and they don't even have a testnet for crying out loud. Nothing like playing favorites.  Roll Eyes

The main reason I was attracted to this project was because I personally invest in real estate.

Anyway here are company records. It's apparent to me he's been heavily involved in the RE business.

https://companycheck.co.uk/director/908104773/MR-CORMAC-STUART-LUCKING/companies

More here

https://www.duedil.com/director/908104773/cormac-stuart-lucking

Edited in: I see Alty replied already.
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 02:39:30 PM

I am sure Alty will respond to you but I had asked a few of these questions myself way back before the ICO began and I can even answer these myself. I doubt you really did look into this very much. But I think my interest along with others helped prompt Alty to post this on the blog https://rise.vision/blog/post/why-real-estate

I remember this was a big legal issue. People would not be shareholders in a legal sense. It's just a bonus beyond the core Rise project which some people are having difficulty grasping. But a % would be converted back to btc and distributed among coin holders. Not a bad deal for doing nothing while the Rise team goes out and does all the heavy lifting.

There will be some trust on this. But costs will be documented and transparent. But the fact they are providing something above the coin itself is great. Most people invest in a coin with nothing else as a bonus. Just relying on the value of the coin itself.

Legally it would be Rise or Acre or whatever they decide to use for the name. Again, coin holders aren't shareholders.

Alty is in charge of all these things, believe me real estate development is no small feat.

Well I did some poking around (thank you) and dug up a bit of alty's background in real estate and I found this... however you're questioning other people without even talking about who you really are or what your background is and why you think you can make judgments? I think it's disgusting and a disservice to this community. This is probably one of the best projects of 2016 and you're messing up their chances of a bright future. One of the reasons you delisted Rise was because the testnet wasn't delivering coins (now they are). Waves is still listed on your site and they don't even have a testnet for crying out loud. Nothing like playing favorites.  Roll Eyes

The main reason I was attracted to this project was because I personally invest in real estate.

Anyway here are company records. It's apparent to me he's been heavily involved in the RE business.

https://companycheck.co.uk/director/908104773/MR-CORMAC-STUART-LUCKING/companies

More here

No reason to attack me for having valid questions my friend.

All of these companies are dissolved meaning that all the companies have had problems and thus they have been exited.

cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:44:27 PM

More here

All of these companies are dissolved meaning that all the companies have had problems and thus they have been exited.

Don't worry ICO tons of people respect your dedication to what you do and also the quality of your research.

A lot of people don't remember 2012-2015 scamcoin fiasco and why there is not that many people at bitcointalk anymore.
snowman8

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:01:26 PM

More here

Really? Or... maybe they were bought out? Maybe Alty can provide more info but just because a business is dissolved doesn't mean it's because something went bad. Look at the Assets and Liabilities and compare them. Being in the RE business myself, many companies are dissolved because of various things. Name changes and rebranding, getting bought out by another company, to name a few. Just to say they dissolved because something went bad shows your inexperience and lack of knowledge regarding business.

The questions you have are valid. The problem is that you have no true desire to know the answers.
ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 03:08:19 PM

More here

Really? Or... maybe they were bought out? Maybe Alty can provide more info but just because a business is dissolved doesn't mean it's because something went bad. Look at the Assets and Liabilities and compare them. Being in the RE business myself, many companies are dissolved because of various things. Name changes and rebranding, getting bought out by another company, to name a few. Just to say they dissolved because something went bad shows your inexperience and lack of knowledge regarding business.

The questions you have are valid. The problem is that you have no true desire to know the answers.

Once a business is acquired there is no reason to dissolve the business. That would be the reason why it was running in the first place, to gain funds. Why would someone dissolve a liquid business? Protip: there aren't any.

snowman8

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:13:41 PM

More here

Once a business is acquired there is no reason to dissolve a business. That would be the reason why it was running in the first place, to gain funds. Why would someone dissolve a liquid business? Protip: there aren't any.
What you're saying is just wrong. It's done every single day. Let's explain it so everyone can understand:

1. FredCorp is a successful and growing business.
2. JoeCorp sees FredCorp as a potential threat or maybe they could benefit from their assets? hmmm
3. JoeCorp buys out the assets of FredCorp.
4. FredCorp is now dissolved and JoeCorp is bigger and stronger.
5. Previous owners of FredCorp are happy with their ROI after building it from the ground up and selling it to JoeCorp.

The end!
KoshaKosha

Activity: 128

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:20:24 PM

Excuse me for a couple of my messages. I saw red letters instead of images, all sites were down (not just down but completely disappeared) and that ICOcountdown messages in the end of the topic.
You imagine what I felt? Especially after Ophium where I participated a little?
Thank God everything is OK, I'm happy!

EDIT: Can we avoid such situations, so that all investors were alive and healthy at the end of the ICO?  Cheesy
snowman8

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:22:16 PM

Excuse me for a couple of my messages. I saw red letters instead of images, all sites were down (not just down but completely disappeared) and that ICOcountdown messages in the end of the topic.
You imagine what I felt? Especially after Ophium where I participated a little?
Thank God everything is OK, I'm happy!
The site went down? I missed that. Seems good now??? I just checked my profile. My coins are still there  Grin
ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 03:26:50 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2016, 05:30:14 PM by ICOcountdown.com

More here

Once a business is acquired there is no reason to dissolve a business. That would be the reason why it was running in the first place, to gain funds. Why would someone dissolve a liquid business? Protip: there aren't any.
What you're saying is just wrong. It's done every single day. Let's explain it so everyone can understand:

2. JoeCorp sees FredCorp as a potential threat or maybe they could benefit from their assets? hmmm
5. Previous owners of FredCorp are happy with their ROI after building it from the ground up and selling it to JoeCorp.

The end!

Here is a company from the UK that was acquired by Google, why haven't they dissolved?

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/07386350/DEEPMIND-TECHNOLOGIES-LIMITED/summary

143    January 26, 2014    DeepMind Technologies    Artificial Intelligence     UK    $625,000,000    Google DeepMind   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mergers_and_acquisitions_by_Google

Why are you buying the assets of a company when you could buy the entire stock of the company if it was in profit and have it run the same and make you funds.

snowman8

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:32:20 PM

More here

The end!

Here is a company from the UK that was acquired by Google, why haven't they dissolved?

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/05861063/PHONETIC-ARTS-LIMITED/summary

82    December 3, 2010    Phonetic Arts    Speech synthesis     UK    —    Google Voice, Google Translate

Why are you buying the assets of a company when you could buy the entire stock of the company if it was in profit and have it run the same and make you funds.
Not every company has stock options. My guess is these weren't big enough companies. But let's say you were right. Let's say he managed the company in Acre and it backfired. Everyone who invested will still have their coins. It's not like we're losing anything. Alty will be the one assuming all the risk. If he goes under, it's his loss. Or I guess it would be Rise's loss... So, you either get a bonus if things go well. And if things don't, you still have your coins. Just like all the other projects here  Wink

But it's obvious he's been in real estate for a long time.
scifi.rem

Activity: 168

RISE Co-Founder

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:38:56 PM

Guys, why don't we wait for Alty to put together some stuff for us okay?

As you can see my main hesitation with the project is overwhelmingly the real estate project.

To Alty: I am not mad that you have been involved with coins in the past, I do not mind others being involved with coins or developing new technology, I think that is good for the community in general. But I do have to question this real estate business opportunity because it is not fully fleshed out whatsoever it seems like an add-on like many coins have had in the past but ultimately these coins fail to relate business opportunity with the community at large because there is little to no transparency. I do not think you are a bad person and I'm not attacking you. I just cannot see how this business opportunity can be realized with the information in front of me. I like that Rise has reached out to me but it still has not squashed my main concerns.

This week I'm going to publish a comprehensive list of facts and figures related to Acre and how it would work.

However, I think you've completely missed the point here.

Acre is a bonus for Rise holders should we raise enough in the ICO.

It's not THE reason to buy Rise, the blockchain technology aspect is.

Anyway, I'll pull some numbers together and post them on the blog so you and others can see how it's intended to work in more precise detail.

I reached out to you via a Skype over one week ago and also via email and unfortunately you didn't respond.

Hopefully we can get this situation and any concerns that you may have resolved asap.

Join RISE in SLACK!
scifi.rem

Activity: 168

RISE Co-Founder

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:55:17 PM

The one thing I would like to emphasize is that Acre would be an OPTION for Rise holders. People don't have to opt into the project. It's not like if you invest in Rise you have to be a part of Acre. People need to understand this. It's simply a bonus project we hope to do some day. We have a lot going on with Rise on the tech side and we are about to release our comparison chart showing how Rise is different from Lisk.

Join RISE in SLACK!
Skyrik

Activity: 560

ICONOMI Supporter

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:25:27 PM

More here

The end!

82    December 3, 2010    Phonetic Arts    Speech synthesis     UK    —    Google Voice, Google Translate

LOL CHECK STATUS

Company Age
    9 Years
Company Status
    dissolved
Company Number
Business Activity

seems like i won't trust icocountdown anymore......

ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 05:29:12 PM

More here

The end!

LOL CHECK STATUS

Company Age
    9 Years
Company Status
    dissolved
Company Number
Business Activity

My bad pasted wrong one.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/07386350/DEEPMIND-TECHNOLOGIES-LIMITED/summary

143    January 26, 2014    DeepMind Technologies    Artificial Intelligence     UK    $625,000,000    Google DeepMind    

snowman8

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:31:20 PM

It obviously depends on the acquisition whether they want to retain the company name or not. OMG why am I having this conversation?
Skyrik

Activity: 560

ICONOMI Supporter

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:33:55 PM

More here

The end!

LOL CHECK STATUS

Company Age
    9 Years
Company Status
    dissolved
Company Number
Business Activity

My bad pasted wrong one.

143    January 26, 2014    DeepMind Technologies    Artificial Intelligence     UK    $625,000,000    Google DeepMind    

also bought by google and dissolved
https://companycheck.co.uk/company/08944425/DARK-BLUE-LABS-LTD/summary

170    October 23, 2014    Dark Blue Labs    Artificial Intelligence

that is not a proof
snowman8

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:44:05 PM

Just admit it. Your agruments are futile. And this is about a potential future sidechain project that is not even mandatory for Rise coin holders. There has to be some other motive behind this?  Wink
ibrahim11

Activity: 777

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 06:07:55 PM

How much have people invested into RISE? I invested 0.26 btc and had 230k RISE but now has dropped to 153k RISE. Invest more or not?
snowman8

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 06:14:06 PM

How much have people invested into RISE? I invested 0.26 btc and had 230k RISE but now has dropped to 153k RISE. Invest more or not?
It'll continue to go down as more and more people invest. But the good thing is each coin is worth more because of the higher market cap. You can see how many btc have been invested total here. https://blockchain.info/address/3466r4y8FuVUE6FHuCShshQkCYZY3xaqdG

It updates every hour (I think).

So 157.49 btc right now with over a month left to go. So more than likely your total coins will go down. Whether to invest more or not is up to you. I like to say don't invest more than you are willing to lose.  Tongue But this is a good project. It should be well worth it for ICO investors.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 593 »
  Print  

Jump to: