Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 06:45:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 593 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [old thread] - RISE | DPOS | APPS & DAPPS  (Read 653217 times)
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 08:04:50 AM

By the way, how did you come up with that Roadmap?

I would figure that Dapp builder and Smart Contract are far more important than Mobile GUI. I think you should move things with respective to higher priority of use. Mobile UI is not as important whatsoever in my opinion.

Agree to that. Mobile GUI would probably the least priority. may have to do it later. this ICO really needs marketing.. have you guys tried facebook advertising like WAVES did?

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
hellsingfan

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 08:27:00 AM

I would figure that Dapp builder and Smart Contract are far more important than Mobile GUI. I think you should move things with respective to higher priority of use. Mobile UI is not as important whatsoever in my opinion.

And additionally. Why is your Github not updated in many of the sections. One of your dev update was about Rise Core but that has doesn't seem to be updated soon. Secondly I see your Dev update said you're using bitbucket. Where can we see this dev activity? And how do you join your Slack. It seems to be blocked out for people.
McVenture

Activity: 378

RISE Community Manager

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 08:52:34 AM

And additionally. Why is your Github not updated in many of the sections. One of your dev update was about Rise Core but that has doesn't seem to be updated soon. Secondly I see your Dev update said you're using bitbucket. Where can we see this dev activity? And how do you join your Slack. It seems to be blocked out for people.

Thanks for your suggestions and questions. I will pass them on to our devs and get back to you on that.

We don't use Slack but you can join us at Hipchat, it's open for anyone to join and our whole team is there to answer any questions directly:
https://risevisionfoundation.hipchat.com

hellsingfan

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 09:09:53 AM

Thanks for your suggestions and questions. I will pass them on to our devs and get back to you on that.

We don't use Slack but you can join us at Hipchat, it's open for anyone to join and our whole team is there to answer any questions directly:
https://risevisionfoundation.hipchat.com

Thanks, its important that dev activity is transparent. Anyone can write blog posts. What really shows 'work' and progress is community's ability to see that code is being updated hence why public githubs are great confidence builders.

I signed for for hipchat, its pending approval.

PS: The signature end date should be updated to the new end date Smiley
hellsingfan

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 09:22:49 AM

Who is Nathanael Burchill?

https://rise.vision/team

"Nathanael is a Junior Developer, currently working at a Fortune 500 involving Enterprise Application Development in NodeJS. He has the ability to learn rapidly and solve complex back-end issues."

Clicking the LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathanael-burchill-70192b103

He's a High School educated Technical support. How the heck is he a developer working on NodeJS?

jdr0dn3y

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

AO Blockchain Founder | Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 09:50:28 AM

"Nathanael is a Junior Developer, currently working at a Fortune 500 involving Enterprise Application Development in NodeJS. He has the ability to learn rapidly and solve complex back-end issues."

Clicking the LinkedIn:

He's a High School educated Technical support. How the heck is he a developer working on NodeJS?

Nathan is currently a Developer for that same organization. He hasn't updated his profile on LinkedIn, something I'll be harassing him about.

I found him while he was in Technical Support, and brought him up to the Development team due to his experience in Java and JavaScript, to work on Salesforce and a NodeJS based Knowledgebase. He is quite the talented developer, but is still learning. Which is why he is a junior programmer, right now working on the rise-web site instead of rise-core or Rise Hosting Platform, which is what I'm working on.

Bitbucket it located at: https://bitbucket.org/risevisionfoundation

I apologize for the confusion on that, I thought I had posted that link when I announced the switchover.
hellsingfan

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 09:56:13 AM

Neither the github nor the Bitbucket you linked seem to have been updated recently, at least not the Rise Core. I think we'd like to see the code mature to make sure this isn't a hyped scam. Your roadmap is promising a lot of things so its essential we have an understanding of how you're actually going to achieve all that.
jdr0dn3y

Activity: 180

AO Blockchain Founder | Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 10:02:30 AM

Neither the github nor the Bitbucket you linked seem to have been updated recently, at least not the Rise Core. I think we'd like to see the code mature to make sure this isn't a hyped scam. Your roadmap is promising a lot of things so its essential we have an understanding of how you're actually going to achieve all that.

Bitbucket rise-core repo had 6 commits posted on Monday. It is accurate to the Dev Update that same day. Yesterday, no work was done on rise-core directly, as yesterday was mostly a design day, working on what was announced in the Dev Update yesterday. Today will likely be more of the same, minimal touches to rise-core itself in favor of design work, then more work on the Rise Hosting Platform on Thursday and Friday to implement the things being designed yesterday and today.

Rise-core itself is pretty close to stable, it needs testing, and the web-ui needs to be finished getting split out of core into it's own server, but the blockchain, transactional system, and delegate systems are all stable.
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 10:08:45 AM

I have one more question in regards to Alty, did he partake in the "pump and dump" of cloak coin?  To be more precise, did he make a profit from the "pump and dump"?

Thanks for your previous answers

I am not sure how much Alty was personally invested in Cloak. If you are asking if he was the cause of the pump and dump then the answer is no. But maybe Alty will want to expound on my answer when he wakes up. It's 3am in France at the moment.

Cloak rose briefly to 350K satoshis iirc and spent a fair while at over 200K sats. For some time it was at an $8M marketcap level and knocking on the door of the $10M, it was doing 2000 plus btc volume a day and during mining it often came second only to litecoin in terms of gpu hashing power. If I'd actually sold my coins during this mega pump I could of earned about 600 btc plus from the 250,000 cloak that I held. I didn't because I thought and was hoping, as were many others, that the price would hold and we had a long term project on our hands. There was no ICO to pay for development, that was paid for out of my own pocket as were the coins that I accumulated from 25,000 to 60,000 sats. I held my cloak as it pumped without selling a single one and I held as it dropped right down to my entry price at which time I marginally recovered costs.

Do you have some info about how collected money from ICO attract on real development ? May be you need to post some roadmap what will be if you gain 200,300, 500,1000 btc ?

This is one for our development team to answer more precisely. The last time a similar question was asked, it stands at 600 btc for our 3 existing developers to work full time for one year. However there are a ton of other costs to consider including marketing which would include being present, participating and talking at cryptocurreny events.

Daily Dev Update
Related Blog Post

Rise-Web Enhanced Authentication (2FA)

Enhanced Authentication will be delayed a bit. We are integrating PassportJS with the NodeJS Web Application Framework, KeystoneJS, which is the core of Rise-Web, instead of just building it into our fork of KeystoneJS. This will take a bit more time to complete to the specifications of the Core Devs over at KeystoneJS, but we wanted to contribute back something to their project, and we figured Enhanced authentication would be a great thing to give back. We appologize for the delay, but it is coming. It will also be included in our Web-UI when we rebuild it in React.

Rise-Core

We finalized our new bitbucket repository with the fresh pull of Lisk's core repository today. We replayed our changes that we made to testnet, bringing it up to NodeJS 6.2.0 from 0.12.x, updated some package versions so we completely pass a Node Security Project check, and removed extraneous packages, including the DApp functionality in the core, and the custom Lisk-JS package.

I need to finish overlaying the testnet changes onto the Web-UI as well, and we will be ready to move on.

Next up we are going to create an installer utilizing a shell script to enable installation on any Ubuntu Server, and we are going to ensure the entire package runs on our Docker container system. This will coincide with a relaunch of the Testnet so you all can start running your own nodes and delegates without any issue.

Hipchat Pro

Atlassian graciously gave us a free set of Hipchat Pro licenses. We now have access to Hipchat Pro for all of our community memebers. This adds 1-to-1 Voice, Video, and Screen sharing, Unlimited File Storage, and Unlimited History Searching for our instance of Hipchat. This is in addition to the full licenses of the rest of the Atlassian cloud software we already have. Come join the community!

Next Generation Economy and Rise.Vision Dev Discussion

In a couple of weeks we will be hosting a community talk entitled "Next Generation Economy" in conjunction with ThinkTank Coworking in Portland, Maine. We will introduce CryptoCurrencies to the general community, show them some ways in which they can easily get involved, and open up for a bit of discussion on the future of a "manage it yourself" economy. We are doing this to increase our standing in the community, and become a visible presence for CryptoCurrencies in the State of Maine.

Immediately after this talk, we will be holding a Rise.Vision Dev Discussion for anyone who wishes to join. I (Justin R. Donnaruma) will be available to answer any questions you may have about Rise.Vision.

Both of these talks will be streamed via Google Hangouts live, questions will be accepted via Google Hangouts Chat, and will be recorded for viewing at your leisure. Specific date and time will be announced tomorrow once we finalize details with ThinkTank Coworking.

And one more thing...

As I was writing this update, we were accepted into the Microsoft Bizspark startup program!

Reminder that there is under 4 hours left for 15% bonus

You forgot to mention how you stalled everyone and made people believe there actually was proper codes and that everything was on the right path.

While it was dumping of course.

You forgot to mention how you were always in "holidays too".

How you were giving deadlines not respected.

Don't act as if you did not create the mess with cloak, at best you still lied to everyone, and when cloak died and the project got taken to someone else.

THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO CODE.

POSA3 cloakcoin technology was only a fantasy at this point.

Go fuck yourself.

Hi monkeydong,

Always such the gentleman. It might of been you that was sending me threatening messages before? One of the reasons I was eager to hand over Cloak to another team... I could be wrong.

At any rate... no scam, just let down by a developer as it's been explained many times before, I have countless screenshots of past conversations with said developer to back up my claims but I took the hit on the chin for such a long time, because I was the face of that coin.

In fact when you say I sent incomplete code I genuinely had NO IDEA the code was incomplete, here is proof of that.

https://twitter.com/CryptoPioneer/status/730828630390099973

Rise developers are open, public and not afraid to put themselves forward.

There is a bright future with Rise and if you have issues with me, you shouldn't let that cloud your judgement with hate... Rise is much bigger than one individual.

Look at the team, there are already over 8 public people contributing to the project.

Good luck on your travels!

Whatever you say, it can not be considered genuine unfortunately, but that's only for those who remember, after all it was two years ago now.

I would not touch any of your "projects" considering that past.

I can't be a gentleman with people who clearly had no respect towards their investors.

"Good luck".

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864895.msg12113230#msg12113230

Saw this too. In crypto a scammer just takes a few months off and everyone forgets?

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
scifi.rem

Activity: 168

RISE Co-Founder

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 10:19:59 AM

this ICO really needs marketing.. have you guys tried facebook advertising like WAVES did?

We have not implemented any paid forms of "direct" advertising at this point. However, we have a growing list of things that we are in the process of implementing. If anyone has marketing ideas and would love to share them please send me a PM or even reply here and we'll definitely consider adding them to the list.

Join RISE in SLACK!
wendy107th

Activity: 401

http://www.cloakcoin.com

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 10:21:40 AM

rumaTech_steve   Wink
scifi.rem

Activity: 168

RISE Co-Founder

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 10:23:50 AM

rumaTech_steve   Wink

Hey you remember me? That's awesome.  Cheesy

Join RISE in SLACK!
wendy107th

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 11:05:46 AM

rumaTech_steve   Wink

Hey you remember me? That's awesome.  Cheesy
no google  Wink good luck
Fademigo

Activity: 201
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 11:36:25 AM

Everything looks very nice, just prepare wallet for windows before launching because it will be complete disaster like LISK launch if you dont have the wallets...
wendy107th

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 11:42:42 AM

separate wallets over 3 days or 3 times 1 day split at 3 1 member to the last
 Grin Grin elegant solution
engels not good google trans LOL  Wink
netmillionaire

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 12:12:54 PM

Bitbucket rise-core repo had 6 commits posted on Monday. It is accurate to the Dev Update that same day. Yesterday, no work was done on rise-core directly, as yesterday was mostly a design day, working on what was announced in the Dev Update yesterday. Today will likely be more of the same, minimal touches to rise-core itself in favor of design work, then more work on the Rise Hosting Platform on Thursday and Friday to implement the things being designed yesterday and today.

Rise-core itself is pretty close to stable, it needs testing, and the web-ui needs to be finished getting split out of core into it's own server, but the blockchain, transactional system, and delegate systems are all stable.

Lisk is on www.coinmarketcap.com, will Rise also be added? If yes, when and which other sites?
bandar

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 12:36:21 PM

Clicking the LinkedIn:

Are you really judging someone by his/her degree in cryptoland?  Gettouttahere Cheesy
monkeydong1

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 02:55:19 PM

I have one more question in regards to Alty, did he partake in the "pump and dump" of cloak coin?  To be more precise, did he make a profit from the "pump and dump"?

Thanks for your previous answers

I am not sure how much Alty was personally invested in Cloak. If you are asking if he was the cause of the pump and dump then the answer is no. But maybe Alty will want to expound on my answer when he wakes up. It's 3am in France at the moment.

Cloak rose briefly to 350K satoshis iirc and spent a fair while at over 200K sats. For some time it was at an $8M marketcap level and knocking on the door of the $10M, it was doing 2000 plus btc volume a day and during mining it often came second only to litecoin in terms of gpu hashing power. If I'd actually sold my coins during this mega pump I could of earned about 600 btc plus from the 250,000 cloak that I held. I didn't because I thought and was hoping, as were many others, that the price would hold and we had a long term project on our hands. There was no ICO to pay for development, that was paid for out of my own pocket as were the coins that I accumulated from 25,000 to 60,000 sats. I held my cloak as it pumped without selling a single one and I held as it dropped right down to my entry price at which time I marginally recovered costs.

Do you have some info about how collected money from ICO attract on real development ? May be you need to post some roadmap what will be if you gain 200,300, 500,1000 btc ?

This is one for our development team to answer more precisely. The last time a similar question was asked, it stands at 600 btc for our 3 existing developers to work full time for one year. However there are a ton of other costs to consider including marketing which would include being present, participating and talking at cryptocurreny events.

Daily Dev Update
Related Blog Post

Rise-Web Enhanced Authentication (2FA)

Enhanced Authentication will be delayed a bit. We are integrating PassportJS with the NodeJS Web Application Framework, KeystoneJS, which is the core of Rise-Web, instead of just building it into our fork of KeystoneJS. This will take a bit more time to complete to the specifications of the Core Devs over at KeystoneJS, but we wanted to contribute back something to their project, and we figured Enhanced authentication would be a great thing to give back. We appologize for the delay, but it is coming. It will also be included in our Web-UI when we rebuild it in React.

Rise-Core

We finalized our new bitbucket repository with the fresh pull of Lisk's core repository today. We replayed our changes that we made to testnet, bringing it up to NodeJS 6.2.0 from 0.12.x, updated some package versions so we completely pass a Node Security Project check, and removed extraneous packages, including the DApp functionality in the core, and the custom Lisk-JS package.

I need to finish overlaying the testnet changes onto the Web-UI as well, and we will be ready to move on.

Next up we are going to create an installer utilizing a shell script to enable installation on any Ubuntu Server, and we are going to ensure the entire package runs on our Docker container system. This will coincide with a relaunch of the Testnet so you all can start running your own nodes and delegates without any issue.

Hipchat Pro

Atlassian graciously gave us a free set of Hipchat Pro licenses. We now have access to Hipchat Pro for all of our community memebers. This adds 1-to-1 Voice, Video, and Screen sharing, Unlimited File Storage, and Unlimited History Searching for our instance of Hipchat. This is in addition to the full licenses of the rest of the Atlassian cloud software we already have. Come join the community!

Next Generation Economy and Rise.Vision Dev Discussion

In a couple of weeks we will be hosting a community talk entitled "Next Generation Economy" in conjunction with ThinkTank Coworking in Portland, Maine. We will introduce CryptoCurrencies to the general community, show them some ways in which they can easily get involved, and open up for a bit of discussion on the future of a "manage it yourself" economy. We are doing this to increase our standing in the community, and become a visible presence for CryptoCurrencies in the State of Maine.

Immediately after this talk, we will be holding a Rise.Vision Dev Discussion for anyone who wishes to join. I (Justin R. Donnaruma) will be available to answer any questions you may have about Rise.Vision.

Both of these talks will be streamed via Google Hangouts live, questions will be accepted via Google Hangouts Chat, and will be recorded for viewing at your leisure. Specific date and time will be announced tomorrow once we finalize details with ThinkTank Coworking.

And one more thing...

As I was writing this update, we were accepted into the Microsoft Bizspark startup program!

Reminder that there is under 4 hours left for 15% bonus

You forgot to mention how you stalled everyone and made people believe there actually was proper codes and that everything was on the right path.

While it was dumping of course.

You forgot to mention how you were always in "holidays too".

How you were giving deadlines not respected.

Don't act as if you did not create the mess with cloak, at best you still lied to everyone, and when cloak died and the project got taken to someone else.

THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO CODE.

POSA3 cloakcoin technology was only a fantasy at this point.

Go fuck yourself.

Hi monkeydong,

Always such the gentleman. It might of been you that was sending me threatening messages before? One of the reasons I was eager to hand over Cloak to another team... I could be wrong.

At any rate... no scam, just let down by a developer as it's been explained many times before, I have countless screenshots of past conversations with said developer to back up my claims but I took the hit on the chin for such a long time, because I was the face of that coin.

In fact when you say I sent incomplete code I genuinely had NO IDEA the code was incomplete, here is proof of that.

https://twitter.com/CryptoPioneer/status/730828630390099973

Rise developers are open, public and not afraid to put themselves forward.

There is a bright future with Rise and if you have issues with me, you shouldn't let that cloud your judgement with hate... Rise is much bigger than one individual.

Look at the team, there are already over 8 public people contributing to the project.

Good luck on your travels!

Whatever you say, it can not be considered genuine unfortunately, but that's only for those who remember, after all it was two years ago now.

I would not touch any of your "projects" considering that past.

I can't be a gentleman with people who clearly had no respect towards their investors.

"Good luck".

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864895.msg12113230#msg12113230

Saw this too. In crypto a scammer just takes a few months off and everyone forgets?

As easy as that !
Some people really need to get taught lessons.

When you failed badly and lied to your "fan base" , surely you don't come back 2 years after with an "ico" and as the head of a "new" (dead) project.

xephireusMMX

Activity: 306

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 03:38:03 PM

Daily Dev Update
Related Blog Post

Today was spent on our hosting foundation, mostly in design, working out ways to mitigate the potential DDOS and massive load we will experience when we launch. The highest priority of any currency should be to ensure access to the currency. Delegated, Web-based systems must ensure that investors can access their currency as soon as possible after launch. This is vital for a platforms success.

To this end, we are going to learn from the mistakes of those before us, and are developing plans to mitigate the load that will enevitably come on the first few days of launch.

DDOS Protections

All nodes, DNS servers, and infrastructure in our system will utilize industry standard DDOS Mitigation schemes. Using techniques like Fail-to-ban and per-IP Rate limiting, we will help ease the load on any individual server. Additionally, we will have the load spread out of over multiple nodes, behind firewalls hosted by Microsoft Azure. All the files we can store in a CDN will be stored in a CDN, to limit the amount of load on the server, and each node will run multiple instances of our web wallet, to increase the number of available connections. Each individual node will have a 1Gb WAN connection.

Opt-in Load Balancing

We are going to try something new with all nodes. When you create a node, you will have the option of joining it to our Opt-In DNS Load balancing. This will allow us to spread the load of any access to wallet.rise.vision (the future location of the web ui) among all node owners who opt-in to this service. More details to come

Load and Offensive Testing

Prior to launch, we will spin up a testing environment as similar to our production environment as possible, and run both load and penetration tests against the network. This will range from simple vulnerability scans and standard DDOS attempts, to more advanced exploit verification scenarios. Again, more details will be released closer to testing date.

And one more thing...

We have official date and time for the "Next Generation Economy" talk, as well as the Rise.Vision Dev Discussion. These will be held back to back on Wednesday, June 8th, at 1200 hours for the "Next Generation Economy" talk, and 1300 hours for the Rise.Vision Dev Discussion. Times are in Eastern Standard Time.

Both of these talks will be hosted, and will be recorded for viewing at your leisure.

Glad Rise development team is learning from Lisk and I look forward to the dev discussion on June 8th!

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 04:21:15 PM

Following.

Already bought some, 0.5 BTC's worth excl. bonuses. Are you in too?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 593 »
  Print  

Jump to: