Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:21:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you use bitcoin as currency or investment?
As currency
As investment
Both of them
I don't know/I don't care

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic:    (Read 74567 times)
lister storm

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 01:45:52 AM

For me both, i used bitcoin as currency and investment.
As currency, i used it to buy load shopping online.
And as investment ofcourse, i used it to earn more btc in
investment.

currently im use itcoin for payment processor only, for investment i choose other crypto curency like ethereum classic.
bitcoin is very simple to be a payment processor, easy to use tha paypal
you are right and use bitcoin as a better payment option like me . since i am.using bitcoin as investment but it is a work of patience to get profit . but overall i like bitcoin to find it as internet currency

yeah, bitcoins are definitely the best option of the money in my opinion, it is better to have it as an investment though

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 05:52:44 AM

investment.

currently im use itcoin for payment processor only, for investment i choose other crypto curency like ethereum classic.
you are right and use bitcoin as a better payment option like me . since i am.using bitcoin as investment but it is a work of patience to get profit . but overall i like bitcoin to find it as internet currency

I'm still building up enough bitcoin reserves, so not using it as a payment mechanism yet. When I get enough bitcoin funds behind me then I'll start using it to pay for things too. I'm probably 6 months away from getting to that level though. Can't wait till I get there. You are right, patience is the key with these kinds of investment.
Sanutos

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:43:50 AM

investment.

I'm still building up enough bitcoin reserves, so not using it as a payment mechanism yet. When I get enough bitcoin funds behind me then I'll start using it to pay for things too. I'm probably 6 months away from getting to that level though. Can't wait till I get there. You are right, patience is the key with these kinds of investment.

Maybe it is better to save most of the bitcoins. Then use small percentage of the coins to help the network.
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1859

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:45:58 AM

investment.

Maybe it is better to save most of the bitcoins. Then use small percentage of the coins to help the network.

Mostly on investments because so far bitcoin isn't yet accepted widely. I do bet using bitcoins though.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:55:21 AM

investment.

I am doing the same thing here. Instead of using bitcoins for purchasing anything online, I just use fiat money to do those processes. What I do with my bitcoins is to hold some of it while I trade and offer for loans the rest of my bitcoins. I just make it sure that I always finds a way to make my bitcoins grow as time goes by.
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 08:32:08 AM

investment.

I am doing the same thing here. Instead of using bitcoins for purchasing anything online, I just use fiat money to do those processes. What I do with my bitcoins is to hold some of it while I trade and offer for loans the rest of my bitcoins. I just make it sure that I always finds a way to make my bitcoins grow as time goes by.

Eventually I plan to siphon off a defined percentage of my profits into a spending or 'output bucket', but I want a large 'reserve bucket' before I get there, I'm still increasing my 'trading buckets' and not really filling up the reserve yet. I will also have a 'reallocation bucket' which will be used to invest a percentage of profits in other types of investment such as shares, index funds, commodities etc.
8Habits

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:16:30 PM

investment.

Eventually I plan to siphon off a defined percentage of my profits into a spending or 'output bucket', but I want a large 'reserve bucket' before I get there, I'm still increasing my 'trading buckets' and not really filling up the reserve yet. I will also have a 'reallocation bucket' which will be used to invest a percentage of profits in other types of investment such as shares, index funds, commodities etc.

You are talking of both bitcoin and fiat money, right? Because I believe we can't still use bitcoins to invest in index funds and other commodities and the like. I presume that your bucket are assigned to bitcoins and fiat money for an investment. It is good and healthy to do it that way as long as you really know what you are doing in these kinds of investment vehicles.
useless4

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 08:23:36 PM

I am using it as an investment, but not a online investment though, better buy some stocks or safe up and get some real estate.
I think if you're using bitcoin to buy stocks or real estate that included investment or included in the spending bitcoin bitcoin,
I'm also more likely to use bitcoin for investment compared to currencies
i think it is better to not buy such stuff and you should just do cryptocurrency trading in order to make money

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 09:07:45 PM

investment.

You are talking of both bitcoin and fiat money, right? Because I believe we can't still use bitcoins to invest in index funds and other commodities and the like. I presume that your bucket are assigned to bitcoins and fiat money for an investment. It is good and healthy to do it that way as long as you really know what you are doing in these kinds of investment vehicles.

Yes your right, I'm allocating funds to Bitcoin and to fiat, so trying to keep up to date in both areas. For index funds, its much easier since I just have a few indexes that I'm investing into and am getting between 8% and 20% return per year on them at current rates. For BTC there is a lot more research involved as I'm looking at many types of alt coins. I can't trade so much on the stock market since the brokerage fees are so high - so I and a monthly fixed buy order on each the indexes that I'm tracking which has a significantly lower brokerage fee. With bitcoin, the fees are only 0.2%, for stock market they are charging £15 per trade meaning you'd have to trade with vast amounts of capital to get the same commission rates - and I'm nowhere near that kind of level =)
angryswamp

Activity: 268

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 11:38:30 PM

I am using it as an investment, but not a online investment though, better buy some stocks or safe up and get some real estate.
I think if you're using bitcoin to buy stocks or real estate that included investment or included in the spending bitcoin bitcoin,

Currently a lot of people are using bitcoin  as an investment the reason is that they do not have much knowledge about those sites where they can buy things easily with their bitcoins.
i use it as an investment only to be honest, i think that it can make me some decent money in the future

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 11:54:43 PM

Currently a lot of people are using bitcoin  as an investment the reason is that they do not have much knowledge about those sites where they can buy things easily with their bitcoins.
i use it as an investment only to be honest, i think that it can make me some decent money in the future

I think that is not smart you should also sometimes pay with it, it just feels great and there is nothing wrong with doing this if you are asking me.
I'm doing both at the moment speaking.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:11:54 AM

I think that is not smart you should also sometimes pay with it, it just feels great and there is nothing wrong with doing this if you are asking me.
I'm doing both at the moment speaking.
No. The only way I am using my bitcoin is when I really ran out of fiat money, I want my bitcoin to grow even its just in my wallet, even if I use it now it's dollar equivalent is low compared to last June which my bitcoin will have a lower buying power compared to that month. But when I earn a decent amount of bitcoin I would like to convert it to fiat and then reinvest the fiat money into the stock market.
Zubilica

Activity: 837
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:13:46 AM

It's all about investing for me..
Vorth

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:31:00 AM

isn't it an investment if you are keeping and holding it to your wallet ? i am using my bitcoin as a currency of course that's what it should be but at the same i am leaving some of it on my wallet . bitcoin is not supposed to be an investment that's what i knew so i think many people are using it as a currency .
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 04:13:31 AM

It's all about investing for me..

With me either I am using bitcoin as investment but as of now I'm not just sticking for using bitcoin as investment. But I am using it too as currency.

Because I am using it for paying some bills online and buying mobile loads so I find it very convenient and fast using. So I am using it as both.

I am moving forward that I am going to invest bigger amount to bitcoins.

hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 05:32:45 AM

as there are very little facilities of using bitcoins as currency, but still i can use it for my mobile recharge but most of the time i use bitcoin as investment and i mostly invest bitcoins in alt coins.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 06:17:35 AM

as there are very little facilities of using bitcoins as currency, but still i can use it for my mobile recharge but most of the time i use bitcoin as investment and i mostly invest bitcoins in alt coins.
Lol yeah although bitcoin is still not too mainstream, resulting in bitcoin does not have many stores that adopt a partner for bitcoin payment, but I will always try to use bitcoin bitcoin or spending, possible to buy things trivial, such as phone top ups, etc
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 06:25:02 AM

yes more sayapun use bitcoin as a form of investment. by investing in bitcoin I can get more money and also great. it makes me happy and also happy.
8Habits

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 07:09:36 AM

Using bitcoin for investment and trading with other altcoins for me is the best use of bitcoins because that way you are really growing your bitcoins and not using any of it to things that fiat money can be use. Fiat money is unlimited in production while bitcoin has its limitation of terms of its maximum number in the market. We should treat bitcoin as a scarce resource/asset and make it grow.
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 07:13:02 AM

Using bitcoin for investment and trading with other altcoins for me is the best use of bitcoins because that way you are really growing your bitcoins and not using any of it to things that fiat money can be use. Fiat money is unlimited in production while bitcoin has its limitation of terms of its maximum number in the market. We should treat bitcoin as a scarce resource/asset and make it grow.

Agree. It depends on the investor who invest their money into bitcoin. That will be added to bitcoin. It really depends on that. Best use of bitcoin is really in trading so that you can earn a lot from your investted bitcoin but if you dont know trading then you will loose.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: