Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:29:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: USD vs BTC  (Read 121103 times)
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 01:29:57 PM

is bitcoin more popular than US Dollar ?
There are lot of different opinions and speculation that we are going to find out what their side of comment between USD vs BTC. Actually, bitcoin has no tax, and no government, and can be trade by the person while USD it is controlled by the government and it can't be trade in the exchange by the ordinary citizens.
You're probably never exchanged your money through a bank or some kind, did you?. Even kids nowaday are able to make a trade through forex which doesn't require ID to get through the verification process.

Grin Patience my friend.
USD is a very known currency throughout the world.
It is used with every mutual fund or other investment companies.
And do you know that there are a lot of people that are trying to buy USD and just store it until it grows.
This people are from different country, their only reason is because they trust USD will also get stronger and valuable.
True, many people in other countries save dollar to make a profit. My father also did that and he was always checking dollar fluctuations. But in this case between dollar and bitcoin have differences. Dollar could not hold long because to prevent damage from condition of paper money, whereas if bitcoin hold long will not be damage because it does not have a form so it can hold for a long time. Between dollar and bitcoin, dollar maybe still be popular because many people use it and also included a currency that has effect. But in terms of profit both very profitable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 02:37:52 PM

There are lot of different opinions and speculation that we are going to find out what their side of comment between USD vs BTC. Actually, bitcoin has no tax, and no government, and can be trade by the person while USD it is controlled by the government and it can't be trade in the exchange by the ordinary citizens.
You're probably never exchanged your money through a bank or some kind, did you?. Even kids nowaday are able to make a trade through forex which doesn't require ID to get through the verification process.

Grin Patience my friend.
And do you know that there are a lot of people that are trying to buy USD and just store it until it grows.
This people are from different country, their only reason is because they trust USD will also get stronger and valuable.

I think the people who buy the dollar have either a lot of money and want to split their risks, or the fiat in the country they live in has a problem.
Especially people from countires where the inflation goes to the moon tend to buy other currencies, not because it will rise in value, but because it keeps its value.
And the currency they buy are the largest ones, because they tend to be the most stable ones.
Maybe one day bitcoin will be a large currency as well, but we will have to be very patient to see that happen.

It's me!!!
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 02:43:10 PM

IN long terms, probably btc will spread your word in entery world, is easy to transaction, is fast, is free tax, and low fee.

This is a nightmare to any State
of course this will kill all currencies and payment methods out there. That's why if many people and thir party. want to drop bitcoin. because they feel threatened by the bitcoin
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:00:25 PM

IN long terms, probably btc will spread your word in entery world, is easy to transaction, is fast, is free tax, and low fee.

Wake up from your dream dude. It is not fast (will take a lot for paying the fees). Every transaction is instant, No free tax, No low fees. https://blockchain.info/charts/transaction-fees
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 03:35:54 AM

Are you referring to people buying the USD to hedge their own weaker currency, or literally as you say "until it grows"? In case of the latter, I don't see how the USD, or basically any other fiat currency grows in value (aside from getting stronger or weaker compared to other currencies)

There is no literal growth unless you are trading currency indexes. The growth is always in respect to some other currency. Obviously, the point consists in buying dollars with local currency and selling when the exchange rate goes up. For many local currencies, it is a one way route mid to long term. People just convert into and keep most of their savings in the US dollar. If the dollar goes down, they just buy more dollars with their salaries and wages which they receive in the local currency. When the dollar eventually goes up (which is almost certain), they sell some dollars and spend the proceeds on their expenses

Mutual funds are doing basically the same (i.e. buying and selling dollars)

The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 10:38:26 PM

In my opinion bitcoin is not even as popular as US Dollar yet. I think it ain't since it is not widely used right now by many people only a percent of the world's population use it but many knows it but thinks of it in a bad way. US Dollar on the other hand was trusted by many since it was fiat currency but soon in the near future though bitcoin might be more popular than US Dollar but it is still a possibility in the future.

Well this shouldn't even be argument at this time at all. Bitcoin will grow and evolve and most possibly become the main digital currency which is accepted by most people around the world. But it can't compete with the dollar or with any other fiat currency as they would have different use. The dollar will always be relevant and no other currency will shake it's hold out of the market.
Well yeah you got a point. Maybe in the future, bitcoin will be popular but it will be used like credit card but it's a lot safer since giving it out is not that risky since one can just give your credit card details with stranger to pay while bitcoin address cannot be given by a stranger to another people to pay, and he would need to have an access to your btc wallet first before doing that so the flaw of credit card is solved by bitcoin which I see would make it more popular.
Bitcoin is very secure but bitcoin runs over an operative system that may not be very secure, if you are running windows or a similar unsafe system then you can be subject to being hacked and losing your coins and you have a similar risk if you have your coins in a web wallet.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 11:50:36 PM

this course will give pressure and a threat to the other currencies in the world with bitcoin you can do anything freely, especially without controls, taxes, etc. of course all currencies will fear against bitcoin
21kevin21

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 10:10:04 PM

this course will give pressure and a threat to the other currencies in the world with bitcoin you can do anything freely, especially without controls, taxes, etc. of course all currencies will fear against bitcoin
If bitcoin will become quite popular valyutni and more and more people will use cryptocurrency, the state will be forced to take on bitcoin, and to do everything to find ways to legalize and it means the end of anonymity for users.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 12:40:46 AM

Are you referring to people buying the USD to hedge their own weaker currency, or literally as you say "until it grows"? In case of the latter, I don't see how the USD, or basically any other fiat currency grows in value (aside from getting stronger or weaker compared to other currencies).

Growth happens when a currency's purchasing power increases. With most fiat currencies, this doesn't happen because of inflation. I don't think it will happen with the USD as well.
The only real growth has been in Bitcoin's value.
Vivace92

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 01:01:31 AM

I think not, although bitcoin can look very lucrative, but the use of fiat money will always be a priority. countries must have access to and complete control of all the currency used, and it was only with fiat money, instead of the bitcoin.
fitty

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 01:09:27 AM

I think not, although bitcoin can look very lucrative, but the use of fiat money will always be a priority. countries must have access to and complete control of all the currency used, and it was only with fiat money, instead of the bitcoin.

You have a point in saying bitcoin can replace Dollar soon. Since bitoin is continually making its name in the Market and attracting investors to make its price at its best. But, since it is a crypto-currency and it is not yet well established as fiat which was already used by many long time ago. I think if that happens, it will took so much time and we cannot guarantee that bitcoin is still in demand that time since every four years it is being halved so people may loose interest to this coin. But, as what I am seeing right now, Bitcoin has a great future. Maybe it will become our secondary money but still Fiat will be the primary.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
The_Dark_Knight

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 01:10:46 AM

Unfortunatelly world's economy is not build on internet, but on USD, gold and anything else that governments would like to hold as a reserves. I don't believe, that it would be swapped for private keys as long as blockchain needs electricity and operational internet. Can you imagine situation, when in case of really serious cataclysm or other crisis, goverment would have to say "blockchain is down, we are f***d up"  Wink?

The world economy is not build on anything for real. Everything could be change and sooner or later those kind of things going to be changed . The country might reject bitcoin for now however there is a chance that it will be being widely used in most part of the world so no more reason to not accept that

blockchain technology becomes popular and it is like the government. However, with this technology develops and the popularity of Bitcoin - and that the government does not like totally. Therefore, no one can predict whether Bitcoin will be popular
I think that talking about the popularity bitcon yet. If you don't believe me go outside and ask who has bitcoins. Sure you will have a very long run to find such a person. This is evidence of the popularity of.

i am having this experience too in my country since only few people that know what is bitcoin and i need to explain very hard to them. but i am glad that i have many friends from other places in my country know about bitcoin so i can sharing to them about bitcoin.

people in my country only know USD and not about bitcoin, i think they don't really care about bitcoin but i am sure that soon or later, my people will heard about bitcoin and they will use bitcoin too.
Its their loss, take the opportunity that not many people know about bitcoin in your country, but you don't have to just buy bitcoin you could open your small exchange service, since not many knows about bitcoin then the competition mus be low, when more people adopt bitcoin you will be there already established for several years.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 10:36:55 PM

Are you referring to people buying the USD to hedge their own weaker currency, or literally as you say "until it grows"? In case of the latter, I don't see how the USD, or basically any other fiat currency grows in value (aside from getting stronger or weaker compared to other currencies)

There is no literal growth unless you are trading currency indexes. The growth is always in respect to some other currency. Obviously, the point consists in buying dollars with local currency and selling when the exchange rate goes up. For many local currencies, it is a one way route mid to long term. People just convert into and keep most of their savings in the US dollar. If the dollar goes down, they just buy more dollars with their salaries and wages which they receive in the local currency. When the dollar eventually goes up (which is almost certain), they sell some dollars and spend the proceeds on their expenses

That is exactly what is happening. The mindset is that you have to wait for the dollar rate to drop and you purchase it. But the question is that bitcoin gets effected by the rate of dollar or not? And in my view rate of dollar effect the rate of bitcoin and rate of dollar effected the bitcoin too much if you see the price of bitcoin they are in dollar. So this is the prove which show that dollar rate have impact on bitcoin
The_Dark_Knight

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 02:12:44 AM

Grin Patience my friend.
They are doing the same we are doing with bitcoin but instead of savings bitcoin they are saving dollars but unlike bitcoin the Fed can print as many dollars as they want while the miners cannot do that so that gives bitcoin way better chances to grow as time passes by.
ivan.daineko23

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 12:49:15 PM

Grin Patience my friend.
They are doing the same we are doing with bitcoin but instead of savings bitcoin they are saving dollars but unlike bitcoin the Fed can print as many dollars as they want while the miners cannot do that so that gives bitcoin way better chances to grow as time passes by.
The government really printing money when they need to plug holes in the budget. But with bitcoin do not get to do. Nevertheless, the dollar on the much sought-after than bitcoin. Bitcoin is a product with which you can earn a dollar.
Tuyul Gupies

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 12:59:56 PM

bitcoin is more popular than US dollars I agree with this, because the price of bitcoin that every year has increased very surprised the world market, although little by little but it continually, so amapai tititk highest at the end of the year, this is what causes bitcoin is more popular rather than the US dollar
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 01:11:28 PM

That is exactly what is happening. The mindset is that you have to wait for the dollar rate to drop and you purchase it. But the question is that bitcoin gets effected by the rate of dollar or not? And in my view rate of dollar effect the rate of bitcoin and rate of dollar effected the bitcoin too much if you see the price of bitcoin they are in dollar. So this is the prove which show that dollar rate have impact on bitcoin

The confusion arises when people don't distinguish between price and value. For example, if Bitcoin value remains constant (which is a rare event but still) while the dollar value changes, the Bitcoin price will necessarily change too. If the value of the dollar drops, Bitcoin dollar price will evidently rise (i.e. Bitcoin will appreciate). Obviously, the same is fully applicable to Bitcoin as well. It is also possible that both Bitcoin and dollar values rise while their price doesn't change

The bottom line is that the value and the price are still different things, despite being closely related

Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 01:15:12 PM

Bitcoin has indeed provided many advantages and benefits are better than any other digital currencies. Because it's not standing bitcoin profit but rather want to simplify every transaction that occurs, if we are wrong in understanding bitcoin, only a loss brings. I think if the country has a much bigger income from any tax for which they will be loaded by its citizens then I guess it's not a nightmare, for bitcoin does not give negative impact

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 02:54:45 PM

We don't need to compare this two currency because they designed for their own purpose. If you ask me what will i choose for this two then there is no doubt that i will choose bitcoin because it is very profitable than us dollar and it gives me different opportunities to earn a lot of money rather than us dollar who just a fiat with less opportunities.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 09:31:33 PM

We don't need to compare this two currency because they designed for their own purpose. If you ask me what will i choose for this two then there is no doubt that i will choose bitcoin because it is very profitable than us dollar and it gives me different opportunities to earn a lot of money rather than us dollar who just a fiat with less opportunities.

At the moment I find it both fiat as bitcoin usefull. Which makes it the discussion of which one is better futile. Just use bitcoin as how bitcoin was intended and you will see the freedom bitcoin provides every one of us, is the exact thing that we have needed all those years.

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: