Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:12:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: USD vs BTC  (Read 121106 times)
Achargeturry78

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

Just follow the rules

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:42:03 AM

As at today I can said bitcoin is more popular than USD in my area. Many people pick more interest in bitcoin because of it values and nature. You cannot easily make a transaction with dollar without heavy charges but bitcoin has resolved those issues.

No, bitcoin is not yet popular as dollar. Because dollar has been in the world a lot of years already while bitcoin is still a new one. But if there will be some advertisement from the US government that they are supporting bitcoin, it will be the start of the people to believe and will get the bitcoin from their own pockets by buying and making the demand higher.

bitcoin is not yet approved by sec. lets wait for the time when it will be approved and be implemented in the US. we all know that US citizen will be punished if they are caught joining or investing on cryptocurrency crowd funding. so lets just hope that they approved it.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:35:52 AM

As at today I can said bitcoin is more popular than USD in my area. Many people pick more interest in bitcoin because of it values and nature. You cannot easily make a transaction with dollar without heavy charges but bitcoin has resolved those issues.

No, bitcoin is not yet popular as dollar. Because dollar has been in the world a lot of years already while bitcoin is still a new one. But if there will be some advertisement from the US government that they are supporting bitcoin, it will be the start of the people to believe and will get the bitcoin from their own pockets by buying and making the demand higher.

bitcoin is not yet approved by sec. lets wait for the time when it will be approved and be implemented in the US. we all know that US citizen will be punished if they are caught joining or investing on cryptocurrency crowd funding. so lets just hope that they approved it.

Still waiting for the right time to see bitcoin approved by the SEC. And if that happens for sure there will be a good connection of USD and BTC all the time. People will tend to keep on working for both currencies or whatever they prefer. By that time, we will not be having difficulties to ask if the person we are transacting is accepting bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:13:19 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2017, 11:37:36 AM by naidray

is bitcoin more popular than US Dollar ?

Even a year after the post, bitcoin did not become more popular than the US dollar, because there are still many people who have not even heard of it.

Yes, there are chances that it will become popular when more people are using it and already year after year many people start buying bitcoin. It only indicates that the price of bitcoin is kept increasing because new people entering into bitcoin community.
Yes I agree the acceptance of the USD is more popular than the bitcoin and people still love the physical existence of the currency in form of a metal coin or a paper note instead of the digital currency which they cannot carry like a USD in the pockets. Therefore the USD is preferred.

But when considering multiplying my wealth, I guess only will will be capable of helping in quick time whereas USD wealth will shrink due to inflation.
richardsNY
Legendary

Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:45:08 PM

Yes I agree the acceptance of the USD is more popular than the bitcoin and people still love the physical existence of the currency in form of a metal coin or a paper note instead of the digital currency which they cannot carry like a USD in the pockets. Therefore the USD is preferred.

Physical money will always have a place in the world economy, but everything is becoming more and more digital. I personally almost never pay with physical money anymore, as I just use my smartphone or bank card to complete purchases. It's a trend that is only getting stronger among the younger generation. At some point the majority of the people in modern economies will ditch physical money as it will become more and more obsolete -- it's just a matter of time.
l8genius

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:55:24 PM

Physical money will always have a place in the world economy, but everything is becoming more and more digital. I personally almost never pay with physical money anymore, as I just use my smartphone or bank card to complete purchases. It's a trend that is only getting stronger among the younger generation. At some point the majority of the people in modern economies will ditch physical money as it will become more and more obsolete -- it's just a matter of time.

USD can become purely digital extremely easily. Most transactions nowadays are conducted directly through card transactions which do not involve physical cash. Bitcoin would need to be more competitive than just being a digital currency to compete with the already dominant USD.
endenada

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:24:30 PM

yes .... btc has future as activity in virtuality ,,, dollar is needed for survival in reality .... divine money will help them both from supra-reality
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:37:22 PM

although it is possible that physical money can be replace by bitcoin or any other crypto currency but i think it will take a lot of time as it not such an easy job. it require a lot of hord world and time consuming.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
richardsNY
Legendary

Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:54:55 PM

Bitcoin would need to be more competitive than just being a digital currency to compete with the already dominant USD.

Correct -- Bitcoin as it is right now, is simply not able to compete with fiat in general. That's why it's important to help Bitcoin move forward with implementations such as SegWit at first, and then Lightning Network (LN) after that. LN is really going to put Bitcoin in a strong/dominant position in terms of enhancing Bitcoin's currency functionalities. It's a much needed implementation, but it will have to deal with a great level of resistance due to miners once again not being willing to cooperate. Look at how long SegWit has been held back, imagine how that will be with LN....
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:02:16 AM

USd for me is a hoax. There are some arguments before that usd is worth 0 and they are just manipulating the market so that it could still looks like has a value tho on the other hand btc is not yet fully built
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:22:07 AM

USd for me is a hoax. There are some arguments before that usd is worth 0 and they are just manipulating the market so that it could still looks like has a value tho on the other hand btc is not yet fully built
You should move on and let that hoax information leave your brain. USD is not a hoax and if it is hoax then a lot of smart people are against USD and the US will never make their country well maintained and established because their foundation for their development is their money which is the USD so it doesn't make sense that USD is a hoax while it already funded a lot of things.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 02:16:27 AM

May be not yet. Bitcoin has emerged as new virtual currency and its just been a decade or so. USD is physical and running since ages. So people love bitcoin but I don't think it is in the place of everybody's mind.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

HongKong

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:39:04 AM

USD can become purely digital extremely easily. Most transactions nowadays are conducted directly through card transactions which do not involve physical cash. Bitcoin would need to be more competitive than just being a digital currency to compete with the already dominant USD.
Correct. Bitcoin can’t become the number one Currency if the people that use Bitcoin need the coin and have to transfer Bitcoin to get USD. There really is not that many places that have Bitcoin only payments within the stores, they usually have Bitcoin paired with USD on it and that makes zero sense why someone should pay with Bitcoin instead of just regular fiat.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:01:45 AM

Actually it is totally irrelevant to compare the popularity of both currencies because there are much more important features that makes the bitcoin better than the dollar, and working seriously to improve the technical issues that bitcoin has today, I have no doubt that it would lead the bitcoin to gradually displace the current popularity of the American dollar around the world.
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:38:52 AM

Still waiting for the right time to see bitcoin approved by the SEC. And if that happens for sure there will be a good connection of USD and BTC all the time. People will tend to keep on working for both currencies or whatever they prefer. By that time, we will not be having difficulties to ask if the person we are transacting is accepting bitcoin.

Preferably in the waiting time we do something to get the bitcoin even more. Because when that time has already occurred (approval by the SEC), then I see that to get the bitcoin will much more difficult and may require a much greater effort from now on. So, for us from now on indeed we must prepare for the all. For now this is beginning to get to it.prepare yourself and your bitcoin starting from now, so that in the future the big benefit

stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:48:07 AM

Actually it is totally irrelevant to compare the popularity of both currencies because there are much more important features that makes the bitcoin better than the dollar, and working seriously to improve the technical issues that bitcoin has today, I have no doubt that it would lead the bitcoin to gradually displace the current popularity of the American dollar around the world.
That's correct, it's not necessary to compared bitcoin to USD because they are different, one is legal currency while bitcoin is not.
What we have to hope is that USD will continue to support bitcoin because we need more people to adopt to ensure progress in the future to come.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:56:59 AM

is bitcoin more popular than US Dollar ?

Even a year after the post, bitcoin did not become more popular than the US dollar, because there are still many people who have not even heard of it.
It is because that bitcoin is still on its early age and dollar is established a lot of years already. But I know there will be the time thay everyone will talk about bitcoin and it is the one that will be used by everybody. And there's no need for bitcoin to becone popular, it will just happen suddenly.
This is so true I appreciate. The people still use the Bitcoin to earn dollars and the reason for people of accepting the bitcoin is that they want actually to store and increase the number of Dollars in the form of Bitcoin. people still treat Bitcoin as a commodity in several cases.
Schuyler

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:06:38 AM

You should move on and let that hoax information leave your brain. USD is not a hoax and if it is hoax then a lot of smart people are against USD and the US will never make their country well maintained and established because their foundation for their development is their money which is the USD so it doesn't make sense that USD is a hoax while it already funded a lot of things.
Agreed. The dollar is still the most used international currency and everywhere you go, people would recognize it and know that it has value attached to it. That is why we see some people try to counterfeit it because they see at as a valuable currency. If dollar is a hoax, the bitcoin price shouldn't be based on the dollar.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:53:21 AM

Preferably in the waiting time we do something to get the bitcoin even more. Because when that time has already occurred (approval by the SEC), then I see that to get the bitcoin will much more difficult and may require a much greater effort from now on. So, for us from now on indeed we must prepare for the all. For now this is beginning to get to it.prepare yourself and your bitcoin starting from now, so that in the future the big benefit

How exactly do you think that will happen? After SEC approval, the exchangers would just shut down? Online wallets would still accept bank deposits so you can buy bitcoins from them. Nothing would change at all except the fact that bitcoin is finally ETF approved that might help bitcoins especially in the long run.

Only difference there might be is that it will require much more money (not effort) for you to buy one bitcoin. I'm not really going to prepare myself for bitcoin ETF since I know that bitcoin already has a good future with or without the investors that don't even fully know what bitcoin is.

kelseydustin

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:23:42 PM

May be not yet. Bitcoin has emerged as new virtual currency and its just been a decade or so. USD is physical and running since ages. So people love bitcoin but I don't think it is in the place of everybody's mind.
Bitcoin will replace usd but not in this decade or even the next decade. There are many things to do to improve Bitcoin and the technology inside
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:08:36 PM

Spending money depends on the situation. I like to get things really fast instead of waiting a bunch just so I could get an item that I would only use once. If I wanted to get something fast then I would choose regular USD fiat. If I wanted to purchase something online or offline and not care so much about the wait then I would choose Bitcoin. Since the price of Bitcoin is going up then  it would be a better option to have Bitcoin.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: