Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:15:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ripple: let's test it!  (Read 43850 times)
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 10:20:28 PM

Both ways seems to not work for me. I copied the address that is in bitstamp where it says deposit ripple. Then in advanced in ripple i go to trust, add and copy the address. Then i chose 10btc. But it tells me "Account does not meet the minimum XRP reserve" even though i have 29999 XRP.
That's really bizarre. Do you have some absurd number of offers on the books or trust paths already created?

When i go the other route, change issuer, then add the bitstamp address and click submit i only get back to the trade tab. "You must select an issuer..."
You should just be able to enter "bitstamp" if Bitstamp is in your wallet already.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 12:09:37 AM

Both ways seems to not work for me. I copied the address that is in bitstamp where it says deposit ripple. Then in advanced in ripple i go to trust, add and copy the address. Then i chose 10btc. But it tells me "Account does not meet the minimum XRP reserve" even though i have 29999 XRP.
That's really bizarre. Do you have some absurd number of offers on the books or trust paths already created?

When i go the other route, change issuer, then add the bitstamp address and click submit i only get back to the trade tab. "You must select an issuer..."
You should just be able to enter "bitstamp" if Bitstamp is in your wallet already.

I doubt that i have bitstamp already included. And i dont have any offer or trust paths. The only thing i did was that i tried to send most of the xrp to bitstamp because i thought i can exchange them there. They were sent back shortly after. Thats all i did.
How to solve this?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 12:34:34 AM

I doubt that i have bitstamp already included. And i dont have any offer or trust paths. The only thing i did was that i tried to send most of the xrp to bitstamp because i thought i can exchange them there. They were sent back shortly after. Thats all i did.
How to solve this?
If you can privately send me your ripple address (the thing that starts with an 'r'), I can take a look at your account to make sure there's nothing weird about it. Otherwise, you can file a bug report at https://github.com/ripple/ripple-client/issues

I've never head of anything like either of your two issues.

//v

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 01:15:21 AM

I can't quite figure this system out. I deposited USD to my ripple wallet through a gateway (snap swap), but I apparently cannot convert those snap swap USD into XRP. I tried placing an order through bitstamp but it didn't work as my USD came through a different gateway.

So how do I convert those USD to XRP? If I can't, then what is the use of new gateways for USD like snap swap?
JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 06:33:56 AM

I can't quite figure this system out. I deposited USD to my ripple wallet through a gateway (snap swap), but I apparently cannot convert those snap swap USD into XRP. I tried placing an order through bitstamp but it didn't work as my USD came through a different gateway.
When you place an offer, you have to specify the exact asset to be traded. If you have Snapswap USD, you have to place offers on the SnapSwap USD order book.

So how do I convert those USD to XRP? If I can't, then what is the use of new gateways for USD like snap swap?
The easiest way is to make an XRP payment to yourself and pay with USD. Alternatively, you can trade on the Snapswap USD to/from XRP order book. At the moment, if I'm reading this right, you can actually get very slightly more XRP per Snapswap USD than per Bitcoin USD!

//v

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 08:02:22 PM

When you place an offer, you have to specify the exact asset to be traded. If you have Snapswap USD, you have to place offers on the SnapSwap USD order book.

The easiest way is to make an XRP payment to yourself and pay with USD. Alternatively, you can trade on the Snapswap USD to/from XRP order book. At the moment, if I'm reading this right, you can actually get very slightly more XRP per Snapswap USD than per Bitcoin USD!

OK, now I think I figured both of those out. Thanks.

How does making a payment to myself work? I see how to do it, but what is the conversion based off? Who is setting that rate and who am I actually buying XRP from if I do it that way? From Opencoin? Also, what is the difference between making an XRP payment to myself but paying with USD and making a USD payment to myself, which does not seem to be possible (I get a message "No Path Found")?
//v

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 08:10:44 PM

Actually, now I just tried to send a payment to myself and got an error: Path could not send full amount.

What does that mean?

I tried to send 1000 XRP to myself, paying in USD. My wallet contains both more than 1000 XRP and more than $11 or so that it would convert to.
JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 08:40:55 PM

How does making a payment to myself work? I see how to do it, but what is the conversion based off? Who is setting that rate and who am I actually buying XRP from if I do it that way? From Opencoin?
It works the same as any payment. The pathfinding engine looks at what assets you have and what assets the recipient will accept and then it looks at all the liquidity available in the ledger (ripple paths and order books) and finds the cheapest path(s) to make the payment. The payment can even pull from multiple paths and multiple order books.

Also, what is the difference between making an XRP payment to myself but paying with USD and making a USD payment to myself, which does not seem to be possible (I get a message "No Path Found")?
The payment interface requires you to select the recipient account (and destination tag if appropriate), destination currency, and destination amount. You can then pay with any currency you hold, provided you have a sufficient amount and there's sufficient liquidity available in the ledger. (There are a few exceptions. For example, you can't make a payment to yourself with the same source and destination currencies.) This is basically Ripple's primary feature.

Actually, now I just tried to send a payment to myself and got an error: Path could not send full amount.
That's a bug and starting Monday, fixing it will be my top priority. (It seems somehow the pathfinding engine selects on order book and the path selection engine checks a different order book to see how much money the path can deliver. I have good logs and reproducible test cases.)

yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 08:51:00 PM

That's a bug and starting Monday, fixing it will be my top priority. (It seems somehow the pathfinding engine selects on order book and the path selection engine checks a different order book to see how much money the path can deliver. I have good logs and reproducible test cases.)

Good to hear this. Good luck in fixing this bug. I had difficulties to trade bitcoins because of it.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 02:17:01 PM

Any info on my account? I sent you the details already...

//v

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:09:46 AM

I still get the same error when I try to send a payment to myself.
Joe200

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:23:55 PM

Trying to figure out the Ripple thing.

Have 20k xrp from the giveaway. Added trust in a few users who posted their addresses at the beginning of this thread.
- I wish there was an easy way to add multiple people.
- I wish I could see with what amount people trust me.
- I wish people were notified when someone trusts them. (There is potential for abuse here, so the notifications could be blocked.)

If anyone wants to trust me, I am rnMSaj25TY9h9XLaFViegeGAHatctMaSk2 .

mmeijeri

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:39:26 PM

Don't just trust random strangers on the internet, it means you are willing to make payments on their behalf (and on behalf of they people they trust and so on) and trust the person to pay you back. Trust is for small amounts only and for close associates only.

ROI is not a verb, the term you're looking for is 'to break even'.
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 07:24:45 PM

Don't just trust random strangers on the internet, it means you are willing to make payments on their behalf (and on behalf of they people they trust and so on) and trust the person to pay you back. Trust is for small amounts only and for close associates only.

Trust is for Gateways according To The devs

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 07:34:52 PM

I would like to give trust but feel ignored a bit? My problem cant be solved or how is it?

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:16:25 PM

because of the link to this thread in the ripple client still user request to get XRP:

Ripple please lock your giveaway thread Roll Eyes

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
matmar10

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 07:48:02 AM

Any kind soul out there want to help me get started with Ripple? >>> r3X2xmZBbabCs2AmCtomqsktb45q7PLhbx <<<
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 01:06:12 AM

Is there a market for groupcoins, i0coins and so on at ripple?

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:23:00 AM

Not that I know of, though it should be possible to act as a gateway for them - then markets can form.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 07:49:39 AM

Is there a market for groupcoins, i0coins and so on at ripple?
You have to ask to an exchanger of them to install Rippled

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: