Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:30:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular?  (Read 171696 times)
yrreg ger

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:01:59 PM

I think if the price went constantly down it would lose popularity. Price has to go up long term to keep new interest.  Even with the current slow increase we've been having over last year or so its still not enough to get people interested.  Bitcoin social media is quiet still unless we get new ATHs.
i agree with you if bitcoin drop its price then people will be never interested in bitcoin but bitcoin more increasing its price and a lot of people want to adopt the bitcoin and bitcoin price depend on adoption of bitcoin when adoption increase then bitcoin price already increase and when adoption decrease then bitcoin price already decreasing.

Yes, I agree! Price really matter. Why people now are getting interested with bitcoins? I think its because of its continuously increasing of price was the main reason. People are always looking for the best digital currency of crypto currency, like what they said, Collect and Select. Among all, bitcoins reach the highest price and got more popular and popular, Many investors also recognise bitcoins and invest for it. If its price was stable and too small, it might be left behind.  
We can be more specific I guess, the price matters and it would be better for us to see bigger prices of bitcoin. With the price increasing it encourage us to put our money in bitcoin because we are thinking it as our investment and hoping the future will be great for us.
YES, price is matter to those who used bitcoin as business  or used to earn profit but how about others used this as payment transaction. This is a global currency it increase and decrease based on the investor who want to invest, how about if they don't want to invest? will be bitcoin will be dead in the future? I don't think so, but tom avoid that others use this to buy things or use to earn bitcoin by bitcointalk and join in signature campaign to earn money. Since it's not a cash but there's a same value of cash.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 02:02:09 PM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

I think it would be popular but not so popular not like now. Many bitcoin user want this coin because of it's price that's not stable. So if the price is stable, only few people wants to use it like in deepweb. Because they need this coin to buy, trade in darweb.
Now a days people on darkweb have a workaround the bitcoin, they are now using monero which is a truely anonymous cryptocurrency as compared to bitcoin which is pseudoanonymous, so that the feds can't trace the transactions used to buy the drugs or other illegal stuff.

Monero is quitely pretty stable coin and people on darkweb makes it as alternative but still bitcoin is their main choice since anonimosity can be cover up by those mixers that can make their transaction untracable. But can you see any people here claiming that they are using monero? i think no but what will be happen if bitcoins price will go stable? I think people will find another altcoins that has good flactuation and try to earn with it as much as possible.
Price volatility is the main reason why do most people do like to engage on bitcoin or on other crpytocurrency because with this they can able to produce income because of the volatility and if bitcoins price would become stable then for sure it would really lessen its popularity because of that matter and assume that most people will surely switch off on to another coin.
Trading with cryptocurrencies are what excites people, including me, it's because of the volatility and I agree with you. It can be one of the best things that you could have or the worst because you can never expect the price or correctly predict the price. It's hard but knowing the right coins to input is helpful.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:25:09 PM

Interest would be higher in the Consumer Industry as opposed to the store of wealth side. Now speculators, traders and savers adore bitcoin because of the dream of becoming rich one day satisfies their curiosity. It Bitcoin prices were stable then the interest would switch more to merchants and consumers.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:34:41 PM

Interest would be higher in the Consumer Industry as opposed to the store of wealth side. Now speculators, traders and savers adore bitcoin because of the dream of becoming rich one day satisfies their curiosity. It Bitcoin prices were stable then the interest would switch more to merchants and consumers.
That is exactly the point I was talking about. It would still be popular but for another kind of crowd as it becomes a real stable currency. Right now traders are enjoying the volatility of Bitcoin in which they can profit because of its ever changing price, if it becomes stable it will make the traders look for another way to profit as there is no way for them to be able to profit as to what they are earning before Bitcoin was stable. Now if Bitcoin will be stable, businesses would likely accept it as a mode of payment because it will make their earnings accurate compared to Bitcoin being an unstable currency.
lukmandog

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 03:18:42 PM

Bitcoin is definitely more popular if price has stabilized. Because people will make bitcoin as an investment choice for the future.
grermezter

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 04:28:58 PM

Bitcoins popularity has nothing to do with if it's price not being stable, it's popularity is due to the fact that's it's highly anonymity and and the fact that anyone can easily mine and get something from it unlike Perfect Money which can only be bought.

RajaJudi

Activity: 403

Less is more

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 04:39:49 PM

Bitcoin is definitely more popular if price has stabilized. Because people will make bitcoin as an investment choice for the future.
LOL. If the prices are stable, why would they invest their money in thiss crypto? Where can they have the profit from it? Think wisely before saying something here because it makes you look like a fool

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 04:51:15 PM

Bitcoins popularity has nothing to do with if it's price not being stable, it's popularity is due to the fact that's it's highly anonymity and and the fact that anyone can easily mine and get something from it unlike Perfect Money which can only be bought

Most people don't need even the level of anonymity that Bitcoin offers

As it has been told numerous times, Bitcoin is pseudoanonymous, and there are quite a few coins that are truly anonymous as far as anonymity goes. But if people loved Bitcoin precisely for that feature (as well as mining, which is available only to few nowadays), why we don't see the tremendous success of the coins that offer genuine, hard to break anonymity? I guess you should make a few simple reality checks to gets things lined up properly. Most people are involved in Bitcoin because it is easy to earn profits with it (the notorious "buy low say high" catch phrase)

dbs00

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 10:02:48 PM

It will  still be popular even if Bitcoin had a stable price. Most companies and retailers don't accept bitcoins  today due to its price instability. They all would start accepting bitcoin as payment if its price would  be stable.So, there will be a huge increase in demand for bitcoins which would increase its price and help  the progress of bitcoin , but since bitcoin is a decentralized currency, its price changes way to often  based on the increase and decrease of demand .

[*]API ready panel with multiple payment options + Drip Feed on many services + Schedule
[*]Youtube: Views, Shares, Likes, Dislikes, Subscribers, Comments
[*]Facebook: Likes, Friends, Review Stars, Comments, Shares
[*]Instagram: Likes, Followers, Views, Comments etc
[*]Twitter: Followers, Likes, Favorites, Retweets, Votes, Views
[*]SoundCloud: Plays, Likes, Followers, Comments, Reposts
[*]Google G+: Followers, Website +1, Posts, Reshares
[*]Spotify: Followers, Plays, Playlist Favorites
[*]Votes: Unique IP Votes, Geo Targeted IP Votes, Email Votes, Captcha Votes, Custom Votes & Forms
[*]Other services can be added on demand. Contact us and let us know what you need!
[/list]
*Image Removed*
Villy_wongaa

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 10:08:12 PM

It will  still be popular even if Bitcoin had a stable price. Most companies and retailers don't accept bitcoins  today due to its price instability. They all would start accepting bitcoin as payment if its price would  be stable.So, there will be a huge increase in demand for bitcoins which would increase its price and help  the progress of bitcoin , but since bitcoin is a decentralized currency, its price changes way to often  based on the increase and decrease of demand .
Bitcoin will be both popular and popular, but only in certain circles. As though I did not want it, but not all people can use crypto currency.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 02:46:29 AM

Bitcoin will be both popular and popular, but only in certain circles. As though I did not want it, but not all people can use crypto currency.
You cannot expect all people will use bitcoin, it simply just not gonna happen, potential user are those who are
educated with the online world and they have tried transacting online. It is very risky for the uneducated people and it
will take time to educate them and will not ensure if it will succeed.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:46:43 AM

You cannot expect all people will use bitcoin, it simply just not gonna happen, potential user are those who are
educated with the online world and they have tried transacting online. It is very risky for the uneducated people and it
will take time to educate them and will not ensure if it will succeed.
You are completely wrong, studying or getting educated for bitcoin doesn't take a lot of time because bitcoin is very easy to understand and easy to use, it is just like a money with a lot of advanced features unlike the traditional money so people will get used to bitcoin for a very short time and it will just take them at least 2-3 days to understand bitcoin or even one day to fully understand it if they really putting a lot of attention.
Zedpust

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:17:59 PM

When the bitcoin is develped more, and the transaction fee is low, I will use it more.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:26:01 PM

hello guy's...!! I think bitcoin is day by day most popular currency in the world but the bitcoin price is needs to be more stable.
Precisely what makes bitcoin become popular day by day is price fluctuations. Without fluctuations I'm sure few will be interested in bitcoin. So I prefer fluctuations to continue to exist

For some, fluctuations are not important, but growth. Maybe traders make money by fluctuating prices. But investors make money on growth. I'm sure that if the price does not rise, bitcoin will die
Yeah your fear is true. Many of us have the fear to lose our investment if the BTC prices are stable. So it may not be like this all the time. There is a very low chance of the prices to be stable and I am sure it will take decades the price of the BTC to be stable, also the BTC creator will be having a plan to go for something new in the BTC if it happened.
Prem.Soorajpaul

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

0xB911101025014BfCaA3B17BC7683C0817489bB28

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:41:47 PM

It is quite difficult to answer this question. If Bitcoin is having a stable price, then it will be popular with merchants and bankers. But at the same time, its attractiveness among the traders and the investors will take a hit.

berserkinterbuy

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:48:03 PM

It is quite difficult to answer this question. If Bitcoin is having a stable price, then it will be popular with merchants and bankers. But at the same time, its attractiveness among the traders and the investors will take a hit.

Yes, investors and traders bitcoin will not be interesting, because they use it only because of a good price increase.
nostra3

Activity: 45
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:06:02 PM

Yes, investors and traders bitcoin will not be interesting, because they use it only because of a good price increase.

I think opposite, if bitcoin price stable. So will many long-term investors who invest money in bitcoin in a very large amount. And bitcoin could potentially be an international currency.
llyfee4u

Activity: 444
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 08:12:44 PM

Yes as Lauda and some others have pointed out to the obvious that it will be even much more popular than now and much more widely used. In my case, stability of BTCitcoin (when happens), is not the reason for my usage but rather the ability to transact without limit and anyone controlling it, is the reason and most use it simply because it enables them to operate in the online world and a small portion are in it just for the sake of profiting when they price goes up and down by selling or buying respectively.

I second your thoughts on this.  I suppose BTCitcoin stability is however instrumental to whether or not it does become widely accepted.  Imagine the uncertainty, if as legal tender, your holding is worth x today, tomorrow its worth less. 

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:24:32 PM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

Yes. Why?

See, I've been asking around on every website or some online game where they offer like a cash shop, why they don't implement bitcoin as a payment option and the most common answer was "the price is too unstable". So, with the price stable, I'm pretty sure hat more businesses would feel safe to invest into it and implement it.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Bedebah

Activity: 524

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:27:13 AM

I think even if the price of the bitcoin stable then will be remain popular, this is because of the cheap cost of speed and time of the transaction. Thus with stable prices made investors more confidence for investment to bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: