Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:00:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Steemit.com: Blogging is the new Mining  (Read 348409 times)
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2016, 06:08:48 PM

how do you send STEEM from Bittrex to your steemit-wallet?
When I click deposit I only see the Bitcoin conversion option.

same way you send bitcoin from bittrex...

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 07:05:56 PM

I just made my first post on Steemit. I don't have but maybe $1 of SP/SD so far from a few comments and up votes, so I can haz up votes?

https://steemit.com/sip/@coinhoarder/implementing-third-party-certificate-authorities-to-combat-sybil
Rick M

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 09:28:41 PM

Hi,

Let's pump it  Grin

Release of first python-based faucet for BitShares
https://steemit.com/bitshares/@xeroc/tapin-python-based-bitshares-faucet-released

Check it! BlockPay demo with Smartcoins Wallet
https://steemit.com/crypto-news/@kencode/blockpay-demo-with-smartcoins-wallet

Powered by Blockchain, New Decentralized Messenger to Save Data, Battery and Time
https://cointelegraph.com/news/powered-by-blockchain-new-decentralized-messenger-to-save-data-battery-and-time

BlockTrades adds support for Steem Dollars
https://steemit.com/bitshares/@blocktrades/blocktrades-adds-support-for-steem-dollars-greater-than-bitcoin-and-more

How to get paid Bitcoin for Steem Dollars
https://steemit.com/steemit/@craig-grant/how-to-get-paid-bitcoin-for-steam-dollars
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:38:38 AM

Maybe I am somehow confused, but I don`t see my STEEM address in my steemit.com wallet.
I only see the option "send Bitcoin", I guess to auto-convert to STEEM.
damashup

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:54:15 AM

Maybe I am somehow confused, but I don`t see my STEEM address in my steemit.com wallet.

Your Steemit username is your Steem address.

E.g. if your Steemit user name is macno, put macno as the Registered Acct in Bittrex. It should go to you. As always it's worth testing with small amounts first.
Macno
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 11:05:29 AM

E.g. if your Steemit user name is macno, put macno as the Registered Acct in Bittrex. It should go to you. As always it's worth testing with small amounts first.

Oh, really? That`s cool. Is the "Memo" field in Bittrex important or can I leave that blank? Thank you!
BTW: Steemit looks cool, but boy is it hard to grasp for beginners...
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 11:15:06 AM

Oh, really? That`s cool. Is the "Memo" field in Bittrex important or can I leave that blank? Thank you!

The memo field is needed when sending TO an address that is a shared wallet, such as sending to an exchange. (Otherwise it can be used to include any note with the payment, such as "Thanks for lunch!")

When sending TO your own wallet, you do not need the memo field.
Macno
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 11:21:37 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2016, 11:32:31 AM by Macno

The memo field is needed when sending TO an address that is a shared wallet, such as sending to an exchange. (Otherwise it can be used to include any note with the payment, such as "Thanks for lunch!")

When sending TO your own wallet, you do not need the memo field.

Thanks! I was going to edit my question, because I just tested it. Works perfectly fine. I still don`t quite understand why you need STEEM, so I "powered up". Looks promissing! Nice to see you here smooth. I am a "dashtard", but I still have a lot of respect for you and it feels good seeing you on board here, makes it look more legit.

Is it correct that holding STEEM Dollar pays you 10% p.a. interest? Where does that money come from and is there no cap, i.e. no maximal amount that can be invested?

Edit:
Is it more expensive to send BTC to Steemit, i.e. does it even make sense to buy on Bittrex?
Macno
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 12:23:37 PM

Another question....I`ve bought a BTC worth of STEEM on Bittrex, sent it to Steemit, converted it to STEEM Power and now the USD amount shown is roughly 400 USD.
So how did I manage to loose roughly 250 USD in the process?  Cheesy
damashup

Activity: 259

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 12:51:42 PM

Another question....I`ve bought a BTC worth of STEEM on Bittrex, sent it to Steemit, converted it to STEEM Power and now the USD amount shown is roughly 400 USD.

Haha... you haven't lost anything. The $figure on Steemit is an estimate (it's based on an average price over 7 days I think - the White Paper goes into detail about this). Your Steem dollars would be based on whether you sell it for on the open market when you power down.

FYI - It's probably better to ask your questions on Steemit. Or search the site answers. Most Steemit users no longer post on this thread as it makes more sense to post (and earn rewards) on Steemit. The Steemit slack is useful also, https://steem.slack.com.
Bitboy12345

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 04:16:37 PM

Steem price getting some serious traction. I see its crossed the .4usd mark. This coin has done nothing but surprise me. I think its time to buy some steem and get in before we see 1 dollar plus figures. Well done devs

favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 06:38:29 PM

Steem price getting some serious traction. I see its crossed the .4usd mark. This coin has done nothing but surprise me. I think its time to buy some steem and get in before we see 1 dollar plus figures. Well done devs

fully agree. though the tech behind it is much more interesting in my opinion Smiley

testz
Legendary

Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 09:11:56 PM

We launched a market for you to trade your SBD (Steem Dollars) for bitcoins.

Source: https://steemit.com/bittrex/@bittrex-bill/new-bittrex-market-for-steam-dollars

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:33:24 PM

Haha... you haven't lost anything. The $figure on Steemit is an estimate (it's based on an average price over 7 days I think - the White Paper goes into detail about this). Your Steem dollars would be based on whether you sell it for on the open market when you power down.

This. The value displayed (indeed all the dollar values) displayed on the site are using a historical average. Assuming the price remains at least at its current levels, the dollar values displayed will climb over the next several days.

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 01:58:00 AM

Ya man, this is going places.

Years of spinning wheels at Bitshares, then it all comes together with STEEM...
When this hits Polo it will be a Top 5 coin underpinned by a legit business model.
Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 02:02:29 AM

Is there plans for a app on Google play for the website. I think steem could be a really big social media site. People start to get paid for what they already do.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
spiete

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 04:37:31 AM

Ya man, this is going places.

Years of spinning wheels at Bitshares, then it all comes together with STEEM...
When this hits Polo it will be a Top 5 coin underpinned by a legit business model.
how do you sure about that? and why price is going up?
dannote

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 06:03:20 AM

FYI:limited number of pre-powered up steem acounts for sale:

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@blocktrades/limited-time-sale-high-steem-power-accounts-for-serious-investors-only
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 08:03:42 AM

I still don`t quite understand why you need STEEM, so I "powered up".

Steem (not powered up) exists only for short term liquidity and trading purposes. If you want to invest longer term then you definitely want to power up, since earns "interest" (literally anti-dilution payments) in more Steem and regular powered-down Steem does not. Over time Steem Power will outperform Steem by an increasingly wide margin.

Is it correct that holding STEEM Dollar pays you 10% p.a. interest? Where does that money come from and is there no cap, i.e. no maximal amount that can be invested?

Yes it is correct.

It comes from the same place all steem dollars come from, the blockchain creates it according to programmed rules. There is no cap, although the supply of steem dollars in existence is limited (they are only created to pay posting rewards at a rate that depends on the market value of steem, and from interest).

The 10% rate is not guaranteed to remain the same in the future. It may be adjusted as needed to help maintain price stability of steem dollars.
Bitboy12345

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 10:13:16 AM

Interesting article I picked up on steemit guys.

https://steemit.com/steem/@hisnameisolllie/steem-getting-pump-ed-will-there-be-a-dump

Steem looking really good. Was surprised to wake up this moring to .7usd. Over 300 percent up. What are your thoughts people?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: