Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:26:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Steemit.com: Blogging is the new Mining  (Read 348401 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 08:16:56 AM

Almost there @smooth, gr8 economics.

Hey just listen to @MrWhiteBites. 'Steem has a very bright future'

Never know who to believe though.
Darwin84

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 04:00:46 PM

Steem should have paid and aligned itself with proper traders and fraud promoters who can take the price up like ethereum.  This could truly be the coin that hits zero. One things is certain the loser larimers are laughing to the bank.
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 06:06:10 PM

Its funny how Smooth is being attacked for being helpful to people.

I personally would like to thank Smooth for being a reliable source of information here, being honest and thoughtful.

FWIW, here is how I see it:
some people consider only the financial part, completely neglecting the value the project carries and the potential behind it. That's why they have a problem understanding the ones who supports Steem.
Steem is not just a coin like Dash, it is a platform, which has something to offer society, and I believe people like Smooth are on it because they want to collectively fix the issues, and make it it as great as it can be.

Its easy to just stand there and throw nonconstructive criticism, but its more honorable to actually help correcting the hiccups and help building something useful out of the imperfect project like Steem currently is.

... this space is not for rent ...
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2017, 06:23:06 PM

I think that some people are lost in translation regarding the Steem. I, personally, very like platform and use it everyday. I'm not making money from it, I'm not speculating. I can read interesting posts, get news etc. Just check how Facebook looked in the first days:

Steem has a lot of potential not regarding its current price. Price can move up and down but if more people will come and join, whole ecosystem will prosper.

p. s. regarding the whales. All project founders and early adopters are in better situation to get more profits. Early adopters (including Nakamoto himself) got a lot of Bitcoins. Founders should have funds to develop the platform or you can imagine that development is going itself without any financial injections?   

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 06:48:27 PM

Steem should have paid and aligned itself with proper traders and fraud promoters who can take the price up like ethereum.  This could truly be the coin that hits zero. One things is certain the loser larimers are laughing to the bank.

Not anywhere near as much as if they had done what you suggest (assuming your plan worked).

BTW, there are no "Larimers" directly involved, only one (Dan). "The Larimers" is supposed to be some kind of insult you hear from trolls a lot. Stan is maybe a passive investor, but I've never seen him actively involved except occasionally posting on the site about his other businesses.
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 06:43:05 AM

I personally would like to thank Smooth for being a reliable source of information here, being honest and thoughtful.

some people consider only the financial part, completely neglecting the value the project carries and the potential behind it. That's why they have a problem understanding the ones who supports Steem.
Steem is not just a coin like Dash, it is a platform, which has something to offer society, and I believe people like Smooth are on it because they want to collectively fix the issues, and make it it as great as it can be.

Its easy to just stand there and throw nonconstructive criticism, but its more honorable to actually help correcting the hiccups and help building something useful out of the imperfect project like Steem currently is.

The idea and platform behind the project doesn't matter when it's built on dirt and flawed economics by a scammer like Dan Larimer.

chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:54:45 AM

The idea and platform behind the project doesn't matter when it's built on dirt and flawed economics by a scammer like Dan Larimer.

The only scammer here is you, do you have a name?
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498

180 BPM

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 11:45:35 AM

The only scammer here is you, do you have a name?

As if I asked for your money.

Mad much that steem is freefalling because of the worthless economics?

VintageBazaar

Activity: 623
Merit: 279

Hope & Positivity are keys to Success

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 09:51:29 AM

I'd it possible to have this thread giving good advice about using steemit and other good tips.

:0)

Believe in the impossible and make it Possible.
Selly Arumsari

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:21:32 PM

very interesting project , how can i join this sir ?
please tell me your procedure ..
B8888

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:28:35 PM

NEW STEEM BASED APP IN DEVELOPMENT NOW ON GOOGLE PLAY: *This is an Instagram like experience backed by a blockchain.

https://steemit.com/steemit/@steepshot/announcement-steepshot-ex-steemstagram-android-alpha-test-version
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:57:50 PM

I remember last summer in my hometown Zagreb,Croatia the billboards on the streets about steemit.com, I didnt expect that  Shocked Are you guys planing another real world marketing round? people outside cryptosphere could except this platform as one of their social medias cause it seems clean and organized. Will you have a facebook paid campaign or they (the facebook) wont let you advertise cause you are possible competitor ?

Those were done by a community member (@thecryptodrive) using the site as a source of crowdfunding. Unfortunately, as the price of STEEM has fallen the ability to do this for projects on that scale isn't there any more.

I don't know what plans the HQ may have for marketing, but I wouldn't expect to see those kinds of big-ticket efforts from the community at this point.

Too bad that price of steem is so important factor, maybe if its possible you should concentrate just on "steemit the social network" no matter bout the token price, just the user experience and people will come to hang out on "steemit" everyday.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 06:19:23 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2017, 08:01:38 PM by smooth

I remember last summer in my hometown Zagreb,Croatia the billboards on the streets about steemit.com, I didnt expect that  Shocked Are you guys planing another real world marketing round? people outside cryptosphere could except this platform as one of their social medias cause it seems clean and organized. Will you have a facebook paid campaign or they (the facebook) wont let you advertise cause you are possible competitor ?

Those were done by a community member (@thecryptodrive) using the site as a source of crowdfunding. Unfortunately, as the price of STEEM has fallen the ability to do this for projects on that scale isn't there any more.

I don't know what plans the HQ may have for marketing, but I wouldn't expect to see those kinds of big-ticket efforts from the community at this point.

Too bad that price of steem is so important factor, maybe if its possible you should concentrate just on "steemit the social network" no matter bout the token price, just the user experience and people will come to hang out on "steemit" everyday.

It matters because that's where the post rewards come from (tokens). The billboards were done using post rewards as a form of crowdfunding. The community member made a proposal in a post, people voted for it, and the rewards were used to pay for the billboards. Several of these were done around the world.

Given the lower token price, post rewards are much lower and not sufficient to pay for that kind of marketing. There would need to be another funding source, like maybe from the Steemit Inc. developers but that is up to them (I don't work for them nor speak for them).
VintageBazaar

Activity: 623
Merit: 279

Hope & Positivity are keys to Success

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:42:28 AM

Really great post here explaining past, current and future for Steem price and Steemit platofrm.

https://steemit.com/steem/@leongkhan/steem-hype-where-we-are-now-why-i-m-investing-now

Believe in the impossible and make it Possible.
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:40:08 PM

Really great post here explaining past, current and future for Steem price and Steemit platofrm.

https://steemit.com/steem/@leongkhan/steem-hype-where-we-are-now-why-i-m-investing-now

Thanks. Will read it
Andri.Ghani

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:57:41 PM

when the price of bitcoin coins steem rises and declines why it could happen and I could not enjoy it as the beginning of the first..
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:49:46 AM

It deeply sucks that the price is falling, but that is because there are no economic apps/3rd parties giving use to Steem as a currency.

Here is my solution:
https://steemit.com/steem/@profitgenerator/steem-s-price-needs-a-fix-asap

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 03:57:59 AM

I remember last summer in my hometown Zagreb,Croatia the billboards on the streets about steemit.com, I didnt expect that  Shocked Are you guys planing another real world marketing round? people outside cryptosphere could except this platform as one of their social medias cause it seems clean and organized. Will you have a facebook paid campaign or they (the facebook) wont let you advertise cause you are possible competitor ?

Too bad that price of steem is so important factor, maybe if its possible you should concentrate just on "steemit the social network" no matter bout the token price, just the user experience and people will come to hang out on "steemit" everyday.

It matters because that's where the post rewards come from (tokens). The billboards were done using post rewards as a form of crowdfunding. The community member made a proposal in a post, people voted for it, and the rewards were used to pay for the billboards. Several of these were done around the world.

Given the lower token price, post rewards are much lower and not sufficient to pay for that kind of marketing. There would need to be another funding source, like maybe from the Steemit Inc. developers but that is up to them (I don't work for them nor speak for them).

Funny. So those billboards were funded by community, while no-one from that community spent a single cent..? Revolutionary Smiley. That sounds like a money-making machine, or money generated out of thin air (in fact - from the pockets of investors on exchanges)... I guess this is what traumschiff talks about and he has his point (while as before I state there was no reason to blame you for economic model of steem being somewhat... questionable).

... this space is not for rent ...
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 04:30:40 AM

I made a Steemit post, but I also wanted to poll the Bitcointalk Steem folks:

Do you think people are scared to upvote now days on Steemit?  http://www.strawpoll.me/12479915/r

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 05:44:35 AM

Funny. So those billboards were funded by community, while no-one from that community spent a single cent..? Revolutionary Smiley.

What is "funny" is that's exactly how bitcoin mining works!

What is indeed Revolutionary is that STEEM is not electricity/power hungry and can allocate the "miners rewards" to blogers,  they can use the rewards as they see fit.
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: