Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:16:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Steemit.com: Blogging is the new Mining  (Read 348426 times)
ManonLescaut

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:51:13 AM

are there any plans to add Video-Upload on Steem? Hurts in the eyes to see the Youtube logo over there Tongue
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:01:55 AM

are there any plans to add Video-Upload on Steem? Hurts in the eyes to see the Youtube logo over there Tongue
Won't videos make it more heavy for the steam network and everyone? Youtube already provides a superb platform to upload your videos to and then share it as you like, it will take a lot of time to develop something as good as youtube's platform on steam.
ManonLescaut

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:43:26 AM

Won't videos make it more heavy for the steam network and everyone? Youtube already provides a superb platform to upload your videos to and then share it as you like, it will take a lot of time to develop something as good as youtube's platform on steam.

That`s true, yes. When I think about it, the Youtube-Videos are necessary for now, to pick-up mainstream and make them aware of STEEM.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:02:36 AM

A lot of the info in the white paper is completely out of date.

On page 8, the white paper says: "STEEM is constantly increasing in supply by 100% per year . . ."

That's still true, correct?

https://steem.io/SteemWhitePaper.pdf

No, now it's:

annual inflation is 9.5%
That was the original rate starting December 1. It declines by 1/2% per year so should be down to around 9.25% now.

A lot of the info in the white paper is completely out of date...

Is that actually printed somewhere, in an announcement or something, somewhere other than just here today? Or is it just word of mouth knowledge?

People make investment decisions based on things like white papers, you know?
It's "printed" at official Steem blog:
https://steemit.com/steem/@steemitblog/final-review-of-steem-economic-changes

Any idea as to why there were no other documentation updates to this regard? No updated white paper. Nothing updated at https://steem.io/ at all to reflect this change. Nothing here on BCT either (until now). And the blog you posted isn't even noted here on the OP or on the website.   Shocked

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:31:08 AM

Any idea as to why there were no other documentation updates to this regard? No updated white paper. Nothing updated at https://steem.io/ at all to reflect this change. Nothing here on BCT either (until now). And the blog you posted isn't even noted here on the OP or on the website.   Shocked

There is a project ongoing by Steemit to update/replace the white paper. They have been working on various fronts to scale up their resources as the coin and platform has become more popular, but there are many different demands. I don't know when there will be an updated white paper.

Only text is stored on the blockchain. Any media is stored as links and needs to be hosted elsewhere (usually people host on youtube and link that in a Steem post).

Various people have looked at creating a platform based on the Steem blockchain that would also host video, but the task is somewhat challenging given the high resource requirements and no obvious vehicle for monetizing the viewing (posting can be rewarded by Steem rewards, but viewing is not). It took youtube many years of losses to get to the point where the volume was high enough to generate significant advertising revenue.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:44:21 PM

Any idea as to why there were no other documentation updates to this regard? No updated white paper. Nothing updated at https://steem.io/ at all to reflect this change. Nothing here on BCT either (until now). And the blog you posted isn't even noted here on the OP or on the website.   Shocked

There is a project ongoing by Steemit to update/replace the white paper. They have been working on various fronts to scale up their resources as the coin and platform has become more popular, but there are many different demands. I don't know when there will be an updated white paper.

Thanks for that response. Being who you are, an intelligent, reliable, and very generous contributor, I'd like to pick your brain a bit more if possible.

The thing is that when you do a google search for "steem scam" the entire first page of results that comes back is all scam related, from BCT, to the Stack Exchange, to Steemit itself! The accusations run the gamut, and while my concern was the business model, I mention this in an effort to set the stage regarding some of the overall challenges those responsible for Steem are facing - more than a few and not exactly of minor import - and to give some background in the hopes of validating to a certain degree my next question.

Are those who are responsible for the day to day functioning of Steem volunteers or salary employees?

The fact that a major overhaul of the business model was kept under raps on a blog that is neither posted on Steem.io, or any other social media where Steem is represented is troublesome. That blog post was from 7 months ago, and nobody's had time to update anything? Just put a link to the blog post right underneath the white paper on the Steem.io website? We're talking about a major overhaul of the business model! As I said, it's troublesome, especially from a competence point of view. Wouldn't you agree that at minimum we can say that it doesn't project a very professional image? As I said, this is by way of providing some justification for what some might consider a trolling type of question. (Some confuse good business and common sense with other things . . . and I can't say that I am not empathetic to their misgivings and misunderstanding having seen what I've seen here over the years.)

I'm trying to wrap my head around how a change of this magnintude for an organization of the size and scale of Steem could have be relegated to a somewhat obscure blog post whose hyperlink is nowhere to be found on the official website nor any other social media where Steem is represented.

goldensun42

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:02:19 PM

I just created a steemit account and i bought some steem on bitrex.

But where i can stock my steem ?

When i go into my wallet in my steemit account there is no adress for deposit, i don't really understand everything :s

so if i want to keep my steem is it better to let them on bitrex or to deposit on steemit and convert into steem power ?

thx
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:10:00 PM

When i go into my wallet in my steemit account there is no adress for deposit, i don't really understand everything :s

so if i want to keep my steem is it better to let them on bitrex or to deposit on steemit and convert into steem power ?

thx

Answer to your question just 2 page ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1466593.msg19366339#msg19366339

If you want to participate in Steem - transfer to your account, convert to Steem Power and use to upvote posts, comments, etc. If not - keep it on Bitrex or in your account as liquid STEEMs.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
goldensun42

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:19:09 PM

thx

Answer to your question just 2 page ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1466593.msg19366339#msg19366339

If you want to participate in Steem - transfer to your account, convert to Steem Power and use to upvote posts, comments, etc. If not - keep it on Bitrex or in your account as liquid STEEMs.

ah ok thx one last thing if i transfer my steem into steemit and i upvote topic will it consume my steem?
and is it worth to transfer your steem into power ?

thx Smiley
testz
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:37:43 PM

thx

ah ok thx one last thing if i transfer my steem into steemit and i upvote topic will it consume my steem?
and is it worth to transfer your steem into power ?

thx Smiley

No it's not consume your steem, if you want your upvote to have more power you should have more Steem Power. Every curator (who upvotes and comments) also get rewards acording his steem power (not steem), but converting back from Steem Power to Steem takes 13 weeks every week your receives 1/13 of your Steem Power in Steem.

More info about how all this works you can find in whitepaper and at steemit.com:
https://steemit.com/faq.html

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Butterz

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:46:20 AM

Hi guys, I signed up for a steemit account on 06 June and replied to the email to activate my account. I was brought to a page that said I would receive and email with further instructions once I was verified. I still have not received this email as of tonight. I checked the page and they said they have closed new registrations for the time to be more exclusive as there was to many new user requests. I want to create an account to purchase steem. Any ideas?
testz
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:51:38 AM

Hi guys, I signed up for a steemit account on 06 June and replied to the email to activate my account. I was brought to a page that said I would receive and email with further instructions once I was verified. I still have not received this email as of tonight. I checked the page and they said they have closed new registrations for the time to be more exclusive as there was to many new user requests. I want to create an account to purchase steem. Any ideas?

You should wait until your request will be approved, or you can purchase account using this service: https://steemit.com/steemit/@someguy123/anonsteem-now-supports-steem-payments-steem-accounts-with-no-delay-or-phone-number

https://anon.steem.network/

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
MissEmVa

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:48:41 PM

Hi Steemers!

I hope someone can helps me here, it's going to be pretty difficult though Smiley

A couple of weeks ago a made an account on Steemit and transferred Steem to the account

The problem:

I can't log in to the account with my password, witch obviously also means I can't transfer funds or see the active private key (transfer funds as well)

I do can still log in with my private posting key. Really frustrating to see your funds but can't do anything with it...

I did not properly back up my password, I know stupid! I did wrote it down though at a piece of paper, but it seems I must have made a mistake in the password, can't even properly read my own writing.. I tried already several hundreds of combinations but I can't find the mistake.

I don't have a lot of hope anymore but still I don't give up..

I hope somebody can help me with this? Members of Steemit? Dev ?

Thanks !!!

profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:39:56 AM

Steemit is booming right now. The number of users are growing almost exponentially.

Looks like Steemit has the potential to replace some of the big social media out there.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
chirale

Activity: 116

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 08:09:19 AM

Hello guys!

New to the steemit world, but liking so far! Do you know if there is a good plugin for wordpress? I have found an official wordpress that allows pushing steem post into wordpress (https://wordpress.org/plugins/steemit-feed/).
Any working plugin that allows pushing wordpress posts into steemit, assuming you have an account obviously? Anyone working on it?

thank you

adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 02:34:19 PM

Frankly speaking, untill now I was using Steem only as trading assets,
but  I am more and more interested in establishing an account at Steemit.com platform and would like to ask you to link me good manual about it, thanks

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
testz
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 03:44:42 PM

I did not properly back up my password, I know stupid! I did wrote it down though at a piece of paper, but it seems I must have made a mistake in the password, can't even properly read my own writing.. I tried already several hundreds of combinations but I can't find the mistake.

Try to contact white hackers, I think they have a set of tools for brute force your password from set of letters which you have written on the paper: https://steemit.com/steemit/@noisy/we-just-hacked-11-accounts-on-steemit-1158-sbd-and-8250-steem-is-under-our-control-but-we-are-good-guys-so

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
MissEmVa

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:57:15 PM

Try to contact white hackers, I think they have a set of tools for brute force your password from set of letters which you have written on the paper: https://steemit.com/steemit/@noisy/we-just-hacked-11-accounts-on-steemit-1158-sbd-and-8250-steem-is-under-our-control-but-we-are-good-guys-so

You will not believe this but my account is on that list showing the memo key... I will try to contact those guys.. Thanks for the tip !
destiny777

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:51:26 AM

is the latest ICO Status just similar as Steem?
testz
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 07:48:12 AM

You will not believe this but my account is on that list showing the memo key... I will try to contact those guys.. Thanks for the tip !

Welcome! Next time don't use simple passwords at Steem!  Wink

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: