Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:20:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GEMZ - Unmoderated thread  (Read 6171 times)
SkryptoDude

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 02:03:31 AM

This is absolutely amazing and leaves me flabbergasted. Shocked

The total market cap for Getgems/GEMZ is $176,000.

Daniel stated in the 43North presentation that projected revenues for PayKey is $20 million dollars for 2018.

Is there something wrong here?

I would call this an "anomaly".

You talk about an investment opportunity.

But who could trust you? I mean looking at your post history you're either a paid gemz shill else you're a sock puppet for daniel?

No offense of course, just stating how people will view you and your comments until otherwise proven wrong.

Do you not trust the information I posted above? It's all facts, here are the links:

https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/gems/

The above link shows the market cap of Getgems....it was $164,000 when I copied it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBvSJzxoq7k

Here's the 43North video where Daniel states the $20 million in revenues by 2018.

I'm not a "paid shill" or "sock puppet"......just someone who loves everything about Getgems and has respect for the team and their accomplishments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MrBig

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 03:47:31 AM

Daniel stated in the 43North presentation that projected revenues for PayKey is $20 million dollars for 2018.

The marketcap was around $600,000 on May 23, 2016, and is now $157,000 on May 29, 2016.

Clearly the majority of investors have lost hope in this project.
Kuriko

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 03:50:56 AM

But who could trust you? I mean looking at your post history you're either a paid gemz shill else you're a sock puppet for daniel?

No offense of course, just stating how people will view you and your comments until otherwise proven wrong.

Do you not trust the information I posted above? It's all facts, here are the links:

https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/gems/

The above link shows the market cap of Getgems....it was $164,000 when I copied it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBvSJzxoq7k

Here's the 43North video where Daniel states the $20 million in revenues by 2018.

I'm not a "paid shill" or "sock puppet"......just someone who loves everything about Getgems and has respect for the team and their accomplishments.

Stating the reason of the poloniex delisting was because of the volume? go look at all the coins below gems in term of volume and come with a more logical reason then this.

The real reason is the amount of complaints poloniex received from people transfering coins in and out from the app. This very issue was reported multiple months ago and a proposition to switch over ethereum was made many many months ago.

They did not think it would cause a problem but uere we are many months later with an unsolved problem which still remain and is probably now being handled after seeing what kind of result it caused.

MrBig

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:09:43 AM

Stating the reason of the poloniex delisting was because of the volume? go look at all the coins below gems in term of volume and come with a more logical reason then this.

The real reason is the amount of complaints poloniex received from people transfering coins in and out from the app. This very issue was reported multiple months ago and a proposition to switch over ethereum was made many many months ago.

They did not think it would cause a problem but uere we are many months later with an unsolved problem which still remain and is probably now being handled after seeing what kind of result it caused.

+1, it makes very little sense for Poloniex to continue supporting a coin that generates too many support tickets and very little revenue. Nothing malicious on their part, just smart business strategy.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 11:15:35 AM

Yes polo are not in question here. They are simply ridding themselves or a burden.

The questions is plain and simple. GEMZ team simply did took the ICO funds and delivered junk that any other half useful team could have developed for magnitudes less. They simply abandoned GEMZ and pursued another project with the GEMz funds. You are simply not meant to do that.

Their full names should be published and their future projects hounded until they produce something worthy of all the funds they extracted from people here.

lawsonvl

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 11:52:45 AM

If you belong to the company's Telegram channels, you would've noticed that a single person runs the show now.

This person (DavidRAllen) made an odd admission in chat recently that he isn’t a paid employee. Another person in chat asked him to elaborate, and he deflected the question.

David was introduced in the March 2016 newsletter, despite being with the company since 2014. He is referred to as a "friend" of Daniel’s with no job title given.

He's also missing from GG's staff profiles (2014-2015, archive.org). But does appears on PK’s website...

Perhaps Daniel tasked an outside "advisor" to represent the company to avoid any self-incriminating statements an actual employee might make if they responded to the community.

Whatever the case, it appears impossible to find out who works for the company, as they deleted most of GG's website after PK’s debut.

Does GG have complete or partial overlap with PayKey, or is PK an entirely separate entity? Even diehard supporters say they want clarification.

Daniel definitely lurks in the channels. He sometimes accidentally hits buttons on his keyboard. The longer he stays silent, the more it becomes obvious he has something to hide.

At least before the delisting announcement, he could claim that everything was going as planned, and go back to ignoring everyone.

But now he must explain how he’ll build an economy that runs on a token that’s virtually worthless.

It’s as if the coin was created without the crowdsale ever happening.
SkryptoDude

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 02:43:10 PM

If you belong to the company's Telegram channels, you would've noticed that a single person runs the show now.

This person (DavidRAllen) made an odd admission in chat recently that he isn’t a paid employee. Another person in chat asked him to elaborate, and he deflected the question.

David was introduced in the March 2016 newsletter, despite being with the company since 2014. He is referred to as a "friend" of Daniel’s with no job title given.

He's also missing from GG's staff profiles (2014-2015, archive.org). But does appears on PK’s website...

Perhaps Daniel tasked an outside "advisor" to represent the company to avoid any self-incriminating statements an actual employee might make if they responded to the community.

Whatever the case, it appears impossible to find out who works for the company, as they deleted most of GG's website after PK’s debut.

Does GG have complete or partial overlap with PayKey, or is PK an entirely separate entity? Even diehard supporters say they want clarification.

Daniel definitely lurks in the channels. He sometimes accidentally hits buttons on his keyboard. The longer he stays silent, the more it becomes obvious he has something to hide.

At least before the delisting announcement, he could claim that everything was going as planned, and go back to ignoring everyone.

But now he must explain how he’ll build an economy that runs on a token that’s virtually worthless.

It’s as if the coin was created without the crowdsale ever happening.

Most of the points you made above are just normal business decisions that have to be made. I see nothing that warrants your "disgruntled" behavior. I tried to pick out a few that are worth responding to:

https://www.paykey.me/#/team

PayKey is owned by Getgems.

It's says here David is a "Senior Advisor". He is filling a role Daniel has no time for and is doing a great job. I would call him the "company spokesman".

It's no secret that Daniel and team read the channels. That has been stated many times.

Still in doubt about who owns PayKey?

Take a look at this:

GetGems enables payments to be quickly and easily-processed within social networks' chats. Its solution is independent of the underlying payment technology, including credit cards, wire transfer and distributed ledger, and fits within any social networking platform including Facebook's Messenger, WhatsApp, Snapchat and Twitter. By leveraging existing networks, we're able to create simplicity and an intuitive payment experience for the user. Users also enjoy minimal transaction fees and instantaneous money transfer. Long term, our vision is to make money transfer as fast, simple and global as text messaging.

I got it here:

http://www.magmavc.com/portfolio/portfolio-companies.html

Click on Getgems. Get it?
BlockTrade

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 02:48:06 PM

If you look at the technology behind the GetGems keyboard and how that is used to create PayKey you would wonder, why isn't this taking off? The answer is, it is taking off. If you do a little research you will see there is huge interest in this technology from large entities mentioned above, and many others including global financial companies. This fintech project has much more substance than the majority of others that poloniex and other platforms pump because of transaction-fee revenue. There are better platforms up and coming that will list GetGems. Keep in mind, GetGems could easily be re-branded to mix with PayKey. Once that happens all the haters will wish they bought and held.

Buy and hold.
MrBig

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 05:16:25 PM

Most of the points you made above are just normal business decisions that have to be made. I see nothing that warrants your "disgruntled" behavior. I tried to pick out a few that are worth responding to:

It's says here David is a "Senior Advisor". He is filling a role Daniel has no time for and is doing a great job. I would call him the "company spokesman".

It's no secret that Daniel and team read the channels. That has been stated many times.

Take a look at this:

GetGems enables payments to be quickly and easily-processed within social networks' chats. Its solution is independent of the underlying payment technology, including credit cards, wire transfer and distributed ledger, and fits within any social networking platform including Facebook's Messenger, WhatsApp, Snapchat and Twitter. By leveraging existing networks, we're able to create simplicity and an intuitive payment experience for the user. Users also enjoy minimal transaction fees and instantaneous money transfer. Long term, our vision is to make money transfer as fast, simple and global as text messaging.

I got it here:

So it took a team of 8 more than 2 months to announce an update that includes new color schemes and a hide messages option? One would have to question their abilities in this case.

Does anyone where I can find the source code for Getgems?
dannyman

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 05:18:25 PM

If you look at the technology behind the GetGems keyboard and how that is used to create PayKey you would wonder, why isn't this taking off? The answer is, it is taking off. If you do a little research you will see there is huge interest in this technology from large entities mentioned above, and many others including global financial companies. This fintech project has much more substance than the majority of others that poloniex and other platforms pump because of transaction-fee revenue. There are better platforms up and coming that will list GetGems. Keep in mind, GetGems could easily be re-branded to mix with PayKey. Once that happens all the haters will wish they bought and held.

Buy and hold.

You miss the point and also the crime that Daniel committed. He took money from investors here and clearly used it to run around and promote another project that has no profit connection to those investors. Sorry but that is terrible in anyone's book. In my mind he actually stole the investors money.....what else do you call it when you invest in something and the person doesn't put that money into we all invested in but something else....try dong that for say a construction job and see how quickly people try to sue you. Getgems app wasn't bricks and mortar but it was a virtual product we thought we were investing in.
dannyman

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 05:19:45 PM

Take a look at this:

I got it here:

So it took a team of 8 more than 2 months to announce an update that includes new color schemes and a hide messages option? One would have to question their abilities in this case.

Does anyone where I can find the source code for Getgems?

People should try to find out where he lives not the source code. Let's do a MTgox meeting with the little rat...
BlockTrade

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 06:46:19 PM

Buy and hold.

You miss the point and also the crime that Daniel committed. He took money from investors here and clearly used it to run around and promote another project that has no profit connection to those investors. Sorry but that is terrible in anyone's book. In my mind he actually stole the investors money.....what else do you call it when you invest in something and the person doesn't put that money into we all invested in but something else....try dong that for say a construction job and see how quickly people try to sue you. Getgems app wasn't bricks and mortar but it was a virtual product we thought we were investing in.

If what you say is true, then it would make sense to merge the two companies, getgems and paykey, creating one powerful company. This would keep everyone happy. those in the beginning, plus new investors.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 07:00:23 PM

This asset seems undervalued at the moment, given the amount of real world vc attached to the project. I'm not suggesting to buy. I'm suggesting you do your own diligence. Will agree development on the client has been slow, but it is a very clean, bug free experience; I use either the app of the webckient most days and have had no problems.
MrBig

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 09:52:01 PM

People should try to find out where he lives not the source code. Let's do a MTgox meeting with the little rat...

According to the PayKey website, they are located here: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Arieh+Shenkar+St+13,+Herzliya,+Israel/@32.1582316,34.8082852,17z.
SkryptoDude

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 11:00:30 PM

Buy and hold.

If what you say is true, then it would make sense to merge the two companies, getgems and paykey, creating one powerful company. This would keep everyone happy. those in the beginning, plus new investors.

Getgems and PayKey are one and the same.

Dannyman likes to create his own reality:
In my mind he actually stole the investors money
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 11:05:47 PM

We need some statistics on how the actual product is doing to get any gauge whatsoever. I checked google appstore it's at like 2k downloads

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.getgemsmessenger.app&hl=en

No marketing apart from maybe 2 crypto articles from 2014

http://www.coindesk.com/gems-bitcoin-app-lets-users-earn-money-social-messaging/

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/gems-cryptocurrency-social-network-utilize-telegram-messaging-app-android/

All seem to be part of the crowdsale.

SkryptoDude

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 11:09:54 PM

Have you read these development updates? There's usually one every month or month and a half.

https://medium.com/@GetGems
SkryptoDude

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 11:26:20 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2016, 11:43:44 PM by SkryptoDude

We need some statistics on how the actual product is doing to get any gauge whatsoever. I checked google appstore it's at like 2k downloads

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.getgemsmessenger.app&hl=en

No marketing apart from maybe 2 crypto articles from 2014

http://www.coindesk.com/gems-bitcoin-app-lets-users-earn-money-social-messaging/

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/gems-cryptocurrency-social-network-utilize-telegram-messaging-app-android/

All seem to be part of the crowdsale.

I would also suggest downloading the app and using it. See for yourself how "awesome" it is. Get your free Gem daily. View the ads in the ad channel and earn more gems. Invite your friends and start getting a daily "airdrop". Don't forget about the bitcoin wallet....store your bitcoin in the app. I'll admit it was a little buggy in the beginning, but it's working flawlessly now and awaiting the masses!! There is much more to come with the Attention Economy and Getgems Keyboard. 155,000 users now, I expect it to keep growing exponentially. Ignore the "Back-seat driving disgruntled trolls" who twist the truth and have no clue about the vision Daniel has for Getgems/Getgems Keyboard/Attention Economy.

MrBig

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 02:08:04 AM

I would also suggest downloading the app and using it. See for yourself how "awesome" it is. Get your free Gem daily. View the ads in the ad channel and earn more gems. Invite your friends and start getting a daily "airdrop". Don't forget about the bitcoin wallet....store your bitcoin in the app. I'll admit it was a little buggy in the beginning, but it's working flawlessly now and awaiting the masses!! There is much more to come with the Attention Economy and Getgems Keyboard. 155,000 users now, I expect it to keep growing exponentially. Ignore the "Back-seat driving disgruntled trolls" who twist the truth and have no clue about the vision Daniel has for Getgems/Getgems Keyboard/Attention Economy.

Only a fool would store their BTC in the Getgems app. The app is still buggy as evidenced by the decision by Poloniex to delist GEMZ, as many users are experiencing issues transferring their coins. Getgems is only getting attention in the App store because they listed it as 'Telegram with Getgems'. If it was simply 'getgems', the downloads would drop substantially.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 02:44:13 AM

Only a fool would store their BTC in the Getgems app. The app is still buggy as evidenced by the decision by Poloniex to delist GEMZ, as many users are experiencing issues transferring their coins. Getgems is only getting attention in the App store because they listed it as 'Telegram with Getgems'. If it was simply 'getgems', the downloads would drop substantially.

That was hilariously harsh, but oh so true. It takes an age and a day to send gems to and from the app, it will be a cold day in hell before i send a satoshi of value to that btc wallet.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: