Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:12:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GEMZ - Unmoderated thread  (Read 6171 times)
yns1971 (OP)

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:59:06 PM

Why did GEMZ close the BitcoinTalk.org forum ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
somacoin

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 01:00:02 PM

Cause GEMZ is an abandoned project
ensjovis

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 01:00:34 PM

Their devs probably ran off to other projects with bigger ROI for their time spent. I think one of them is working on Wings.ai.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 01:02:55 PM

GEMZ didn't have anyone to support the project anymore. It's a bummer sice GEMZ is actually a nice new idea when it comes to cryptoccurency. And accumulating GEMZ can easily be exploited so I think they lost money to support it.
I still have pending coins in there and never got it. Cheesy
cjmining

Activity: 586
Merit: 500

Waiting for my coins to rise !!

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 01:58:29 PM

I hate it when devs jump ship for a more profitable option. What about all the loyal investors they left behind ? My holding are now worth a fraction of what i could have cashed out for. I stood by them, how about them standing by me !!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 02:34:49 AM

I hate it when devs jump ship for a more profitable option. What about all the loyal investors they left behind ? My holding are now worth a fraction of what i could have cashed out for. I stood by them, how about them standing by me !!

you were scammed .... however if they do pull off paykey you and all other gemz investors especially the IPO investors should be able to get some lawyers that will go after them if there is a pot of money at the end of it it for them and you guys.

what was the devs full name?

rajeshgarnaik

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 06:13:05 AM

i have seen topic of gemz before. i was wondering why new topic again.

SkryptoDude

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 03:40:20 AM

Getgems is an amazing messenger app that also owns PayKey....the revolutionary payment system you probably never heard of YET.

Getgems blog:

https://medium.com/@GetGems

Developers are hard at work with constant updates and improvements.

PayKey
https://www.paykey.me/#/

Magma VC has invested:

http://www.magmavc.com/portfolio/portfolio-companies.html

Click on Getgems

Lots of potential.
SkryptoDude

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 03:41:28 AM

Would Magma Venture Partners invest in a scam?

I think not.

They have many success stories and Getgems will be added to the list eventually.

They invested in "waze" which sold to Google for over 1 billion dollars. Magma knows what they are doing.

The price of GEMZ now is a fraction of the ICO price and has "disgruntled" a few investors who are out for revenge. Getgems has more potential now than it ever had. IMO it's a great time to get in.
lawsonvl

Activity: 156

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 09:40:38 AM

In the best possible light, the company took a massive gamble.

They delayed and detoured GG's development believing that their coin would survive the wait.

Poloniex gave them 1.5 years to get something going before the delisting. Even some positive buzz during that stretch would have probably saved the coin.

They risked GG's future to pursue PayKey, and they lost. The coin that is. They still have a messaging client with a base of users and PK. Two things that will not repay investors their money. Because the coin is dead.

They have only described that loss as a "disappointment". 

No apology. No admission of their direct role in producing that outcome. Just a tough reality, for coinholders.

SkryptoDude

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 03:22:10 PM

Your post above reminds me of the famous Mark Twain quote:

“The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.”

GEMZ is far from dead. It may have taken a haircut but that's not unusual for a cryptocurrency. It's a great time to get in and you'll be in good company.

http://www.magmavc.com/portfolio/portfolio-companies.html

Stay tuned for further Getgems/Paykey/Attention Economy developments.

PayKey is so "revolutionary"!! The new payment process is genius.  I'm sure that's why Magma has invested. This type of technology is so simple but so effective. If it takes off like I suspect, Getgems may be the next Magma venture to be bought out by google. It's that awesome IMO!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBvSJzxoq7k

Daniel clearly states the estimated $20 million in revenues from PayKey by 2018.

Getgems was a 43North "winner" but they told them to "take a hike"....they refused their offer because it wasn't enough money for the percentage of the company they were wanting.
ignitiondefect

Activity: 145

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:44:33 PM

What happened?
SkryptoDude

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 06:22:35 PM

What happened?

I'll assume you are asking about the price of GEMZ?

Poloniex has threatened to delist GEMZ. I'm not sure of the reasons why. Most of the time when they delist a crypto it's because of the lack of volume. People are selling GEMZ cheap so they don't have to transfer them from Polo if they delist.  Sometimes they reverse their decisions because of public interest. I hope that's the case this time. If not, Polo will no longer trade GEMZ after June 3. It doesn't mean the coin is dead, it will still trade on other exchanges.....Bittrex for one.

In the development plan everything is pretty much on track. They have received the last payment for the final milestone. The foundation is laid and the app is working flawlessly. We await the masses. Now it's all about attracting more users to get the Attention Economy rolling. There is more coming for the Attention Economy when the advertising interest appears. They are working on Getgems Keyboard/PayKey....I can't wait to see what rolls out. That is what I am most excited about!!

MrBig

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 01:58:30 PM

Because that thread is one of the first search results in Google and can only harm their reputation. It documents their failure to deliver what they promised to investors on here and shows most of their ardent supporters on this forum slowly turning against them after realizing they were duped. They basically ripped off Telegram and made a few simple modifications. Look at the last update Android 3.0 update that was announced; new color schemes and a hide messages option. The current version in the Google Play store is 2.9.4, which was last updated March 22, 2016. So in 2 months, the best they could come up with is 2 measly features. Notice that the title of the app is 'Telegram with GetGems' and not simply 'Getgems' or 'GetGems with Telegram'. Even their title gives priority to Telegram over GetGems...

On another note, where is the source code for this project and who is the team that is supposedly working hard at it? A novice with no programming experience could figure out how to add the 'new' features they announced within the 2 months since their last update.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 05:30:16 PM

Because that thread is one of the first search results in Google and can only harm their reputation. It documents their failure to deliver what they promised to investors on here and shows most of their ardent supporters on this forum slowly turning against them after realizing they were duped. They basically ripped off Telegram and made a few simple modifications. Look at the last update Android 3.0 update that was announced; new color schemes and a hide messages option. The current version in the Google Play store is 2.9.4, which was last updated March 22, 2016. So in 2 months, the best they could come up with is 2 measly features. Notice that the title of the app is 'Telegram with GetGems' and not simply 'Getgems' or 'GetGems with Telegram'. Even their title gives priority to Telegram over GetGems...

On another note, where is the source code for this project and who is the team that is supposedly working hard at it? A novice with no programming experience could figure out how to add the 'new' features they announced within the 2 months since their last update.

I think Paykey could be huge. So that's good news in a way. Nothing like a huge bag of money to motivate lawyers to go after scammers.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 07:19:37 PM

What happened?

I'll assume you are asking about the price of GEMZ?

Poloniex has threatened to delist GEMZ. I'm not sure of the reasons why.

Nor am I. There are lots of coins with less volume than GEMZ, and many of those are not going to be delisted.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

SkryptoDude

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 08:00:19 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2016, 08:11:24 PM by SkryptoDude

MrBig, you are thinking to Small here.

Getgems has collected all the ICO money because all the milestones have been reached. How can you say they failed to deliver what they promised? If there was any impropriety here Magma Venture Partners would NOT be a part of it. This is not their first rodeo with a startup. I am excited about what they are working on now. It's revolutionary technology and the cards should be played close to the chest. Stay tuned for Attention Economy/Getgems Keyboard. There's much more to come.

Oh, and quit trying to drive from the back seat, the view is obscure at best.

The "team" is here:

https://www.paykey.me/#/team
SkryptoDude

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 10:20:37 PM

This is absolutely amazing and leaves me flabbergasted. Shocked

The total market cap for Getgems/GEMZ is $176,000.

Daniel stated in the 43North presentation that projected revenues for PayKey is $20 million dollars for 2018.

Is there something wrong here?

I would call this an "anomaly".

You talk about an investment opportunity.
lawsonvl

Activity: 156

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 12:09:44 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2016, 12:29:10 AM by lawsonvl

Getgems has collected all the ICO money because all the milestones have been reached. How can you say they failed to deliver what they promised?

The final milestone has 3 conditions, and only one of them was met.  

Where is the content analysis feature for targeting advertisements?

Where is the unsolicited paid private messaging service?

The best answer I could get from David was that they are still coming.

So how does the company have all of the money right now?

Because the milestones were purely symbolic. We knew that the day they tossed everything out for Telegram.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 12:59:18 AM

This is absolutely amazing and leaves me flabbergasted. Shocked

The total market cap for Getgems/GEMZ is $176,000.

Daniel stated in the 43North presentation that projected revenues for PayKey is $20 million dollars for 2018.

Is there something wrong here?

I would call this an "anomaly".

You talk about an investment opportunity.

But who could trust you? I mean looking at your post history you're either a paid gemz shill else you're a sock puppet for daniel?

No offense of course, just stating how people will view you and your comments until otherwise proven wrong.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: