Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:58:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GEMZ - Unmoderated thread  (Read 6171 times)
lawsonvl

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 03:17:42 AM

I would also suggest downloading the app and using it. See for yourself how "awesome" it is. Get your free Gem daily. View the ads in the ad channel and earn more gems. Invite your friends and start getting a daily "airdrop". Don't forget about the bitcoin wallet....store your bitcoin in the app. I'll admit it was a little buggy in the beginning, but it's working flawlessly now and awaiting the masses!! There is much more to come with the Attention Economy and Getgems Keyboard. 155,000 users now, I expect it to keep growing exponentially. Ignore the "Back-seat driving disgruntled trolls" who twist the truth and have no clue about the vision Daniel has for Getgems/Getgems Keyboard/Attention Economy.

Only a fool would store their BTC in the Getgems app. The app is still buggy as evidenced by the decision by Poloniex to delist GEMZ, as many users are experiencing issues transferring their coins. Getgems is only getting attention in the App store because they listed it as 'Telegram with Getgems'. If it was simply 'getgems', the downloads would drop substantially.

That was hilariously harsh, but oh so true. It takes an age and a day to send gems to and from the app, it will be a cold day in hell before i send a satoshi of value to that btc wallet.

Try sending Gemz on-chain. They never got it working right.

The only GG features that are solid are the ones inherent to Telegram.

Everything else is buggy, half-finished, or useless.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SkryptoDude

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 04:10:20 AM

I would also suggest downloading the app and using it. See for yourself how "awesome" it is. Get your free Gem daily. View the ads in the ad channel and earn more gems. Invite your friends and start getting a daily "airdrop". Don't forget about the bitcoin wallet....store your bitcoin in the app. I'll admit it was a little buggy in the beginning, but it's working flawlessly now and awaiting the masses!! There is much more to come with the Attention Economy and Getgems Keyboard. 155,000 users now, I expect it to keep growing exponentially. Ignore the "Back-seat driving disgruntled trolls" who twist the truth and have no clue about the vision Daniel has for Getgems/Getgems Keyboard/Attention Economy.

Only a fool would store their BTC in the Getgems app. The app is still buggy as evidenced by the decision by Poloniex to delist GEMZ, as many users are experiencing issues transferring their coins. Getgems is only getting attention in the App store because they listed it as 'Telegram with Getgems'. If it was simply 'getgems', the downloads would drop substantially.

That was hilariously harsh, but oh so true. It takes an age and a day to send gems to and from the app, it will be a cold day in hell before i send a satoshi of value to that btc wallet.

That's not true. I wouldn't expect anything more from you.

The problems with transferring Gems has been a Counterparty issue not Getgems. You can't build something like this overnight and have all the bugs worked out. It takes a while and they are definitely close! I have recently transferred some Gems to the app and some out of Polo to different wallets. Everything has gone smooth. I think Counterparty may have fixed things since the threatened delisting. The Getgems team is constantly improving the app with every upgrade.

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 04:17:39 AM

That's not true. I wouldn't expect anything more from you.

The problems with transferring Gems has been a Counterparty issue not Getgems. You can't build something like this overnight and have all the bugs worked out. It takes a while and they are definitely close! I have recently transferred some Gems to the app and some out of Polo to different wallets. Everything has gone smooth. I think Counterparty may have fixed things since the threatened delisting. The Getgems team is constantly improving the app with every upgrade.

It's smooth, it's just really, really slow. I'm responsible for some of those faucet sign-up advertisements you see pop up every now and again on the cryptocurrency channel. It takes roughly an hour to send funds from Polo to one's gem wallet. I have not experienced this delay with vfaucet (a counterparty asset faucet). I use polo addresses to receive, I get my faucet earnings in 15 minutes or less (gems, bitcrystals and storj). It would seem to be the app in this particular case, but I certainly may be wrong.
BlockTrade

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 11:32:02 AM

I recently transferred gems from polo to gemsapp a couple times in the last two days without problems.
lawsonvl

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 09:21:56 AM

Well, I put it to the test for my final airdrop withdrawal to Polo.

Going on 4 hours now without it showing...

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 02:23:07 PM

I recently transferred gems from polo to gemsapp a couple times in the last two days without problems.

Dont try transferring them into polo in a few weeks time.

coinbasesucks

Activity: 135

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 07:01:48 PM

Pay key is such a joke, it's a Frickin keyboard and a lame one at that.  But that's what they are dead set on selling to the world.  Just when I thought I've seen it all.

Pay key is such a joke, it's a Frickin keyboard and a lame one at that.  But that's exactly what they are dead set on selling to the world.  Just when I thought I've seen it all.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:09:11 AM

Pay key is such a joke, it's a Frickin keyboard and a lame one at that.  But that's what they are dead set on selling to the world.  Just when I thought I've seen it all.

Pay key is such a joke, it's a Frickin keyboard and a lame one at that.  But that's exactly what they are dead set on selling to the world.  Just when I thought I've seen it all.

Not sure...concept seems interesting.

lawsonvl

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 06:38:17 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2016, 12:55:59 PM by lawsonvl

PayKey is fundamentally a bad idea.

You’re not going to convince mainstream users to swap out their default keyboards. Especially when it has nothing to do with typing.

But even if you could, so what?

So you can transfer fiat to another member of your bank without leaving your preferred instant messenger?

Being platform agnostic has little value. Mainstream users just don’t give a shit.

They'll use whatever FB/Apple/Beiber tells them to use, especially if it's already shoved in their face.

PK is a hack to circumvent the big players. It offers nothing but that hack. Which is a major problem.

SkryptoDude

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 11:11:14 PM

PayKey is fundamentally a bad idea.

You’re not going to convince mainstream users to swap out their default keyboards. Especially when it has nothing to do with typing.

But even if you could, so what?

So you can transfer fiat to another member of your bank without leaving your preferred instant messenger?

Being platform agnostic has little value. Mainstream users just don’t give a shit.

They'll use whatever FB/Apple/Beiber tells them to use, especially if it's already shoved in their face.

PK is a hack to circumvent the big players. It offers nothing but that hack. Which is a major problem.

Everything you wrote above is pure speculation on your part. You may be wrong.  Wink

PayKey is circumventing big players for big players.

Kartaba

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 10:36:04 PM

Close the Gemz thread? Really? Peled, its just disappointment after disappointment with you aint it? lol... Why the hell did you close the thread where we investors gave birth to your poor ass?

So basically start enjoying living in other peoples shadows cause you fucked yourself bigtime m8... face on YouTube and everything ouchh .. That kibbutz must look very appealing now.

PS: Closing the thread will not erase what happened Tongue ..... douche
BlockTrade

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:09:54 AM

With the de-listing on Poloniex, that is the real insult. I looked yesterday before the de-listing there were over 60 currencies with lower trading volume and most all had no comparable development. This calls for an immediate re-branding and move to be listed on GDAX. Paykey must be merged with getgems.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 07:36:43 PM

This is absolutely amazing and leaves me flabbergasted. Shocked

The total market cap for Getgems/GEMZ is $176,000.

Daniel stated in the 43North presentation that projected revenues for PayKey is $20 million dollars for 2018.

Is there something wrong here?

I would call this an "anomaly".

You talk about an investment opportunity.

I think you are stating the obvious, Gemz money went into PayKey and now it's abandoned. It doesn't matter that PayKey becomes a unicorn/ 1 billion startup, that doesn't mean that GetGemz will get anything from that, there are completely different projects AFAIK.
dannyman

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 08:05:17 PM

Something I didn't think about. Has all the money been given to Getgems from Koinify. I think if not Koinify could be persuaded that Daniel has let down the project and not really produced the product promised and we could get back some of the BTC?

We should of thought about this earlier...
lawsonvl

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:26:25 AM

Something I didn't think about. Has all the money been given to Getgems from Koinify. I think if not Koinify could be persuaded that Daniel has let down the project and not really produced the product promised and we could get back some of the BTC?

Not trying to hate but...

After all this time, you still haven't grasped the very basics of the crowdsale/milestone concepts that were presented in 2014.

Yes, all the money is in Daniel's hands.

Tom from Koinify was hired for that explicit purpose.

dannyman

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:23:47 AM

Not trying to hate but...

After all this time, you still haven't grasped the very basics of the crowdsale/milestone concepts that were presented in 2014.

Yes, all the money is in Daniel's hands.

Tom from Koinify was hired for that explicit purpose.

If been away from the project for a while...thanks for the compliment.

I read only a week ago Daniel said the last milestone was done so I wondered as I'm now unfamiliar where the project is in time there still might be one last quarter payment still in Koinifys hands.

My actual point is IF you compare promises of AE to actual reality of a Telegram group then I think Koinify might be open to returning BTC held for Daniel because anyone with a clue can see they haven't really really kept their side of the bargain....come on only an idiot could say AE was as advertised and promised. If anyone can pull some shit out of their ass and say hey heres the massive project I promised then anyone can do it. The fact is they didn't fulfil and surely the whole point of Koinify was to hold get gems to their word?

Instead of arguing is there any funds left held by Koinify? Time is important now.
BlockTrade

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 11:50:56 AM

RE-BRAND***RE-BRAND***RE-BRAND
GDAX            GDAX           GDAX

"Dear customer,

we appreciate your interest in the matter and understand your motivation and disappointment.

However please understand that our decision to delist GEMZ stands for now. All relevant considerations have been pondered and the discussion about it has been concluded.

We will let you know should it be considered for  re listing in the future.

Thank you for your understanding and all the best.

Sincerely,

Poloniex"
MrBig

Activity: 369

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 03:51:36 PM

If been away from the project for a while...thanks for the compliment.

I read only a week ago Daniel said the last milestone was done so I wondered as I'm now unfamiliar where the project is in time there still might be one last quarter payment still in Koinifys hands.

My actual point is IF you compare promises of AE to actual reality of a Telegram group then I think Koinify might be open to returning BTC held for Daniel because anyone with a clue can see they haven't really really kept their side of the bargain....come on only an idiot could say AE was as advertised and promised. If anyone can pull some shit out of their ass and say hey heres the massive project I promised then anyone can do it. The fact is they didn't fulfil and surely the whole point of Koinify was to hold get gems to their word?

Instead of arguing is there any funds left held by Koinify? Time is important now.

A quick Google search reveals that Koinify shut down on February 15, 2016: http://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2016/01/80540-wipe-out-koinify-closes-down-its-cryptocurrency-crowdfunding-platform/

I couldn't find any info on when Koinify released the funds to Getgems, nor the multisig address where they stored the funds. So the final 'Koinify-audited' release of milestone funding was just reached, although Koinify ceased to exist almost 4 months ago. Makes one wonder, who exactly released the funding? Looks like you investors may have been duped by Tom Ding of Koinify as well. Did anyone try to contact him? The thing I don't get is why the victims aren't taking action instead of twiddling their thumbs and sulking. These guys are involved in other projects that can be affected by negative publicity and legal action. If they're allowed to get away with this they'll just do the same thing to others in the future.
SkryptoDude

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 04:35:13 PM

You misunderstand the chat conversation.

The remaining funds (25%) of the last milestone (advertising platform) are still held in a 2 of 3 multi-sig wallet with keys held by Koinify, GetGems and Adam (arbitrator) - we're working hard on completing this last milestone.

50% of the total bitcoins were converted to dollars on March 2015 and held by Circle with contractual obligation to release the funds only upon Adams approval. This was done to hedge against the bitcoin volatility (bitcoin price fell to 152$ on January 14) in order to be able to plan a budget for the company. [We avoided the the mistake Ethereum has done: http://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-bitcoin-decline-9-million-funding-shortfall/]

Obviously you are a "latecomer" to the Getgems scene. Do me a favor and do a little research before posting?

You can read these 287 pages on the original Getgems board. After that, come back and post.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.0
MrBig

Activity: 369

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 05:54:54 PM

You misunderstand the chat conversation.

The remaining funds (25%) of the last milestone (advertising platform) are still held in a 2 of 3 multi-sig wallet with keys held by Koinify, GetGems and Adam (arbitrator) - we're working hard on completing this last milestone.

50% of the total bitcoins were converted to dollars on March 2015 and held by Circle with contractual obligation to release the funds only upon Adams approval. This was done to hedge against the bitcoin volatility (bitcoin price fell to 152$ on January 14) in order to be able to plan a budget for the company. [We avoided the the mistake Ethereum has done: http://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-bitcoin-decline-9-million-funding-shortfall/]

Obviously you are a "latecomer" to the Getgems scene. Do me a favor and do a little research before posting?

You can read these 287 pages on the original Getgems board. After that, come back and post.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.0

Selling half the bitcoin was a stupid decision. Contractual obligation written on toilet paper? Multi-sig wallet that you can't share the address to? Their lack of transparency must be really reassuring to their investors...
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: