Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:33:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PrimeAsic - 80 Ghash/sec Asic Miner [SCAM]  (Read 67018 times)
Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:16:09 PM

If it is not too much trouble could someone point me to where paypal's protection policy is clear on buyer's protection outside of ebay or other recognized selling platforms? I checked the paypal site for protection measurements regarding email to email payments, but find nothing specific about protection when using paypal this way as 2 private persons.

Freifallspoiler, I hope for the best for you, but the whole story so far stinks. The minimum should be a correct address, not one where people working, say they don't have a clue.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

It also covers you when you make a payment on our website. You must open a dispute within 45 days of your purchase or payment to initiate the Purchase Protection process.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full#13.%20Protection%20for%20Buyers.

Send the payment to the Seller through:

the Send Money tab on the PayPal website, by clicking the “Purchase” tab, or by selecting the “Checkout with PayPal” button or otherwise selecting PayPal as part of a Seller’s checkout flow.

Open a Dispute within 45 Days of the date you sent the payment, then follow the online dispute resolution process described below under Dispute Resolution. For Pay After Delivery transactions you must open your Dispute within 45 Days of the date of your transaction. For PayPal Grace Period transactions, you must open your Dispute within 60 Days of receiving your email transaction statement.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:21:49 PM

Payapal Purchase protection:

Here are a few examples of situations where an item doesn’t match the seller’s description: you purchased a book and got a DVD, you purchased a new item but got something that was used, you purchased 3 items but only got 2, the item was damaged during shipping, the item is missing major parts (that the seller didn’t disclose), or you purchased an authentic brand but got a knockoff instead. If the seller has accurately described an item, but you’re just not happy with it, that doesn’t qualify for Purchase Protection.

Most of the eligibility requirements for Purchase Protection are written above.

Purchase Protection does not cover certain kinds of purchases. These include: digital goods (intangible items), services, real estate, motorized vehicles (of any kind), custom made items, travel tickets, industrial machinery (for manufacturing), prepaid cards, or items that violate our policies or eBay’s policies (stuff that’s usually prohibited by law anyway). Purchase Protection also does not cover items that you purchase in person, or money you send to friends and family.

I think they would say that an ASIC btc miner is by definition, a custom made item. Wouldn't they? You know what's their policy about BTC...

This is even more true if the scammer cashes out immediately from their paypal account.

Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:25:49 PM

Custom made generally means a one off item, not something produced in quantities.
SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:27:42 PM

If it is not too much trouble could someone point me to where paypal's protection policy is clear on buyer's protection outside of ebay or other recognized selling platforms? I checked the paypal site for protection measurements regarding email to email payments, but find nothing specific about protection when using paypal this way as 2 private persons.

Freifallspoiler, I hope for the best for you, but the whole story so far stinks. The minimum should be a correct address, not one where people working, say they don't have a clue.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

It also covers you when you make a payment on our website. You must open a dispute within 45 days of your purchase or payment to initiate the Purchase Protection process.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full#13.%20Protection%20for%20Buyers.

Send the payment to the Seller through:

the Send Money tab on the PayPal website, by clicking the “Purchase” tab, or by selecting the “Checkout with PayPal” button or otherwise selecting PayPal as part of a Seller’s checkout flow.

Open a Dispute within 45 Days of the date you sent the payment, then follow the online dispute resolution process described below under Dispute Resolution. For Pay After Delivery transactions you must open your Dispute within 45 Days of the date of your transaction. For PayPal Grace Period transactions, you must open your Dispute within 60 Days of receiving your email transaction statement.

"Purchase Protection covers all your online purchases, on eBay or on any other website, when you use PayPal."
That's it, no website was involved.
Among the exclusions:
"Purchase Protection also does not cover items that you purchase in person, or money you send to friends and family."
Looks like no protection in this case. Hope I'm wrong.

EDIT  if I was you I would immediately contact the other party to cancel this deal, and when not answered and refunded within 3 hours, contact paypal immediately to find a way to turn this back.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 05:01:26 PM

industrial machinery (for manufacturing)
darkip

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 05:24:54 PM

Looks like they're making a run for it, all their sites appear to be down.
Beepbop

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 05:33:07 PM

"Purchase Protection covers all your online purchases, on eBay or on any other website, when you use PayPal."
That's it, no website was involved.
The PayPal website was involved. Again:
It also covers you when you make a payment on our website.
the Send Money tab on the PayPal website
The important point is that when you send money on the PayPal website, you have to click that it's a purchase. If it's an EBay item, you have to pay it on EBay. Never mark a non-gift as a gift.
Custom made generally means a one off item, not something produced in quantities.
Yeah it means stuff that's personally customized to one particular customer's wishes, such as an engraved item, or a statue of their wife or something.
industrial machinery (for manufacturing)
It's an application specific computer. It's not a welding robot or anything like that. You call it a miner, but it doesn't dig into the ground.
Beepbop

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 05:41:06 PM

The webserver is answering requests again, but it has a default placeholder site up at the moment. Could the order system be coming online?
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 06:05:15 PM

The webserver is answering requests again, but it has a default placeholder site up at the moment. Could the order system be coming online?

BUY BUY BUY!!!

Grin

SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 06:20:07 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2013, 06:42:03 PM by SLok

It also covers you when you make a payment on our website.
But isn't that in relation to what's first said in that alinea, for ebay and other website's purchases?
I received an email giving a payment adress and paid to this address. I checked with paypal and it is covered (maybe this is different in other countries?)
Paypal: "Purchase Protection also does not cover items that you purchase in person, or money you send to friends and family."

Anyway,
company says it is part of another company, EDI GREEN, but that is not true. Company impersonates another company, HRP.HU. Fake office address -- no one at claimed addresses knows who they are. Telephone is not answered, may be non existent.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 06:29:55 PM

Anyway,
company says it is part of another company, EDI GREEN, but that is not true. Company impersonates another company, HRP.HU. Fake office address -- no one at claimed addresses knows who they are. Telephone is not answered, may be non existent.

This is what I'm repeating over and over in this thread. Came'on people, we had members of this forum checking personally those addresses. Speaking to EDI GREEN and HRP.HU employees. The addresses are definitely fake and the phone number was created on Monday and is unresponsive. The guy appeared in the forum, promised to come back the morning after, then disappeared for almost a week.

And STILL we have here people that paid in advance, just because it looks like paying with Paypal makes this absurd gamble safe? In Satoshi terms: you have 0.0005% to win this gamble. And paypal is a bitch, my friend. If this is a short-term scam and they immediately cash-out, it's not going to be easy to get a refund for an email to email transaction....

...to buy "bitcoin miners" Wink

kernelpanic

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 06:35:37 PM

I no longer see primeasic mining on ozco.in.

Does that mean their mining contract expired at the same time their website, phone number, parent company affiliation and office space did?

Does anyone believe this guy is actually going to ship you an ASIC miner?
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 06:37:13 PM

I no longer see primeasic mining on ozco.in.

Does that mean their mining contract expired at the same time their website, phone number, parent company affiliation and office space did?

Does anyone believe this guy is actually going to ship you an ASIC miner?

Well, he is cashing at least 1.350€. Just for setting up a fake website and posting two or three posts in a forum. In just three days.

CALL HIM STUPID!

MXRider

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 07:25:18 PM

I can not believe people are still flying in for this....

Especially when there has been over 10 pages of discussion about this being a scam. I'm so disappointed. Seriously guys?

darkip

Activity: 160

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 07:42:13 PM

I'm interested to see if anyone gets a response if they select local pickup...
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 07:44:13 PM

I'm interested to see if anyone gets a response if they select local pickup...
Not before payment Smiley
It is just simple and clear BitSync shall state if they are real or not period.
And save the next 20 pages in this tread:)

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 08:03:59 PM

i am willing to risk a drive down to budapest. its about 2.5 hours for me.

it could even evolve into a gorgeous bitcoin meetup down there, we should hang out in a pub and chat a little if anyone else is coming. it would also make sense to check out the devices together to see if they are really working. if we have power connection i could provide data roaming. the car with 220V does only provide 150 Watts of power Smiley

i ordered some units there with local pickup. it will be interesting to see if anything substantial comes from it. i still suspect scam, but i am willing to pleasantly suprised.
only

Activity: 706

Dutyfree.io – defying tobacco taxes since 2009.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 08:08:16 PM

it could even evolve into a gorgeous bitcoin meetup down there, we should hang out in a pub and chat a little if anyone else is coming. it would also make sense to check out the devices together to see if they are really working. if we have power connection i could provide data roaming. the car with 220V does only provide 150 Watts of power Smiley

i ordered some units there with local pickup. it will be interesting to see if anything substantial comes from it. i still suspect scam, but i am willing to pleasantly suprised.

Please keep me updated, I'd love to join.

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 08:08:45 PM

Just for the record did you pay already?  Maybe  pickup address is  given first and after you check the units you will proceed with payment. I am curious....
10X

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 08:17:55 PM

Just for the record did you pay already?  Maybe  pickup address is  given first and after you check the units you will proceed with payment. I am curious....
10X

no of course i did not pay already. i am not that "adventurous". after filling out the form you are just redirected to a thank-you page - which, after refreshing showed a different name than mine... not exactly super-professional.

still thinking its 90% scam propability, but my greed and curiosity is simply too strong.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: