Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:44:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM - Coinabul owe me 81btc  (Read 61614 times)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:36:27 PM

OP should really message theymos, if he thinks there is enough evidence here in this thread.
Maybe send him links to the relevant posts, etc., so he doesn't need to read the whole thread looking for them.
I would message him myself, but i don't have the time to re-read everything and quote the relevant parts.

THIS, unless it was done months ago

I hope this has been pursued fully months ago...

There were still some doubts some months ago. Coinabul came to the thread and replied saying he would resolve it. It seems he didn't, so now it's time for theymos to re-evaluate the situation, but I doubt he'll do it if he's not asked to, and please make his work easier by presenting the evidence without him needing to digg for it on several 20 pages long threads.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:11:10 PM

if OP does not send Theymos a message it might be time to ban him for trolling?

Well, scammer tag or troll ban, theymos will have to look at it either way, as you know Smiley
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:21:17 PM

if OP does not send Theymos a message it might be time to ban him for trolling?

Well, scammer tag or troll ban, theymos will have to look at it either way, as you know Smiley

Yeah, thing is, I suspect Theymos has known about this for months. This action strongly violates what theymos has said was a scam.

Cut him some slack. You know he implemented this trust thingy to replace the scammer tag system or at least to reduce the scam events that lead to scammer tags, don't you?
Maybe OP and all other users who feel scammed should use the trust system and then Coinabul will be tagged in the "new way", without needing theymos at all. At least they'll warn other users that the user Coinabul is not to be trusted.

Note: I have no idea if OP or others already gave Coinabul negative feedback using the forum Trust system.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 06:29:54 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=42204

Name:   Coinabul
Activity:   560
Position:   Hero Member
Date Registered:   September 18, 2011, 05:30:36 AM
Last Active:   April 12, 2013, 06:03:51 AM

Trust:   0: -0 / +0(0)
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:42:48 PM

and please make his work easier by presenting the evidence without him needing to digg for it on several 20 pages long threads.

I'll leave that up to OP. He should be able to present the evidence much better than we can.
boonies4u

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:50:36 PM

and please make his work easier by presenting the evidence without him needing to digg for it on several 20 pages long threads.

I'll leave that up to OP. He should be able to present the evidence much better than we can.

They thing he, odds are he has already ages ago.

Yeah, probably...  Embarrassed
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:53:41 PM

i'm not on Theymos's default trust list so it is pointless to leave any feed back but I will,

I wouldn't advise people who didn't had bad experiences with Coinabul to give negative feedback.
boonies4u

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:55:41 PM

i'm not on Theymos's default trust list so it is pointless to leave any feed back but I will,

I wouldn't advise people who didn't had bad experiences with Coinabul to give negative feedback.

If you were however going to rate him negatively ANYWAYS, I would advise that you link this thread as a reference. You might also want to set the risked BTC to 0.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 07:46:57 PM

The rules are might have lost. If not for this thread i might have lost.

OK. All clear then.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 07:50:24 PM

OK. All clear then.

not my system, just obeying the "rules" as always.

Not really familiar with the system at 100% yet. Been super busy lately, so I'm on catch up mode today Tongue
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 07:51:50 PM

OK. All clear then.

not my system, just obeying the "rules" as always.

Not really familiar with the system at 100% yet. Been super busy lately, so I'm on catch up mode today Tongue

It is an odd system. theymos set who is "trusted" but said more or less any one can say anything and more or less cuz no one is trusted other than who theymos trusts.

No one can see what I said as Theymos does not trust me.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
shiftybugger (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:44:18 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 10:59:47 AM by shiftybugger

OP here. Have been away for a while but I see there has been a bit of traffic on the thread.

Still no silver, still no replies to my emails.

I have not messaged theymos. There was a mod involved in the thread earlier on, so I assumed he would already have been aware of it:
I have PM'ed Coinabul regarding this. They're a good and reputable company, and I expect this to be resolved either way amicably so hold your horses guys.
That said, I have no idea how communication between mods works around here so given a mod has now suggested it, I'll do so.

That's bullcrap. I negged him on June 12. If it doesn't show up when someone else looks at it, what's the point of the system?

Edit: Message sent to theymos.
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:04:56 PM

OP here. Have been away for a while but I see there has been a bit of traffic on the thread.

I have not messaged theymos. There was a mod involved in the thread earlier on, so I assumed he would already have been aware of it:
I have PM'ed Coinabul regarding this. They're a good and reputable company, and I expect this to be resolved either way amicably so hold your horses guys.
That said, I have no idea how communication between mods works around here so given a mod has now suggested it, I'll do so.

That's bullcrap. I negged him on June 12. If it doesn't show up when someone else looks at it, what's the point of the system?

Still nothing?

And i agree, the trust system is beyond hosed. Shiftybugger, do you know coinabul/jay/coingenuity is online everyday in #bitcoin-otc? I cannot believe you havent received your order yet. This is 100% bullshit.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 05:36:49 PM

Coinabul has a trust scammer tag now, I neg rep'd him myself.

Coinabul has just made up bullshit and lies, then vanished...

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Coinabul

Activity: 588

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 07:19:01 PM

Hi All,

We've been emailing back and forth with Kris for a bit, his stuff has been slated to go out for a while but due to the mayhem in the precious metals markets combined with all the issues Bitcoin is experiencing as a whole, it's been a little more delayed than we'd like. Regardless, his stuff is all packaged up and will go out with the next shipping batch.

In the mean time, we're still working hard to keep products flowing quickly. Gold and silver both continue to push downwards, with record lows being set continually. As prices drop, demand starts to increase, and at this point the entire PM market is struggling to keep up. We've been taking preventative steps to keep ourselves from being impacted too heavily over the last few months, sinking huge amounts of money into inventory to ensure that orders will flow quickly. Some manufacturers and governments are still having major issues, but as a whole things should run more smoothly in the coming months.

Once again I do need to reiterate that the best way to get in touch if you're having issues is not through here/reddit/etc, but via official channels like email, contact form, or telephone. We have a dedicated support team with efficient channels for resolving any issues that come up, but they do need to be contacted via those mediums I mentioned before in order to help you efficiently.

Thanks,
Jay

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 07:23:16 PM

Hi All,

We've been emailing back and forth with Kris for a bit, his stuff has been slated to go out for a while but due to the mayhem in the precious metals markets combined with all the issues Bitcoin is experiencing as a whole, it's been a little more delayed than we'd like. Regardless, his stuff is all packaged up and will go out with the next shipping batch.

In the mean time, we're still working hard to keep products flowing quickly. Gold and silver both continue to push downwards, with record lows being set continually. As prices drop, demand starts to increase, and at this point the entire PM market is struggling to keep up. We've been taking preventative steps to keep ourselves from being impacted too heavily over the last few months, sinking huge amounts of money into inventory to ensure that orders will flow quickly. Some manufacturers and governments are still having major issues, but as a whole things should run more smoothly in the coming months.

Once again I do need to reiterate that the best way to get in touch if you're having issues is not through here/reddit/etc, but via official channels like email, contact form, or telephone. We have a dedicated support team with efficient channels for resolving any issues that come up, but they do need to be contacted via those mediums I mentioned before in order to help you efficiently.

Thanks,
Jay

You're alive? Hm, surprising. Going to watch this, but the negative rep isn't being taken off until this situation is resolved.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:35:20 PM

Hi All,

Thanks,
Jay

You're alive? Hm, surprising. Going to watch this, but the negative rep isn't being taken off until this situation is resolved.
I reached out to him on IRC. Wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page. Glad to see obligations are being taken care of!
positivelybitcoin

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:22:30 PM

Thanks,
Jay

If you do not want to be contacted through PMs then there is really no point for you to be on here. I think most members expect that they can contact you on here and receive a timely response, especially since you're a member with some history and not a newbie. If you take time to post 600+ posts, then take time to respond to your PMs.

Secondly, I believe the member that is accusing you of being a scammer has contacted you via various means throughout the months and you haven't exactly been very efficient or helpful. That speaks volumes about your non-existent "support team" and "efficient channels". Other members accusing you of scamming have also reported your slow communication. You are NOT efficient.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but you are yet to apologize to the member for a 3 month delay on his items and you're STILL shipping them out in a "batch" with others. He paid, you didn't deliver for 3 months. You should have sent the product out as soon as it was packaged and ready to go and not when it's convenient for you.
threeip

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 12:37:10 AM

Coinabul - [ANN] Status update regarding market instability

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
shiftybugger (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 01:02:46 PM

Still nada.

I sent an email a bit over a week ago asking for confirmation that it has been sent. Nada to that, too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: