Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:50:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM - Coinabul owe me 81btc  (Read 61614 times)
peetas

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:42:39 PM

I wish I saw this thread 3 weeks ago, before I placed an order with Coinabul for a 1oz Krugerrand and paid for it with BTC. I quickly researched Coinabul beforehand and only found good reviews and recommendations everywhere. Now, 3 weeks later, my order is still showing as 'Processing', so I researched them some more and found a couple of negative reviews. I have tried contacting them on all their channels, including the messaging system on the site, e-mail, phone, PM on here and Skype, to try to get a status update or a refund if they are unable to complete the order, without success. I could not yet get hold of anyone and have not received one reply.

Does anyone know of a way to contact them to actually get hold of someone that can help?

It looks like at one point they were sort of reliable, so I guess there is a small chance I might still get my order, but I reckon I would prefer a refund at this stage, especially since they are one of the companies being subpoenaed.

In the meantime I have placed a similiar order at amagimetals.com, and it shipped within 3 days of placing the order. I'm still awaiting delivery since it's an international delivery, but at least there is progress and everything looks legit with tracking on the shipping. This time I tried contacting them before placing the order and got a response within minutes and they addressed all the questions and concerns I had, so I was happy to give them a try.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:19:49 AM

I wish I saw this thread 3 weeks ago, before I placed an order with Coinabul for a 1oz Krugerrand and paid for it with BTC. I quickly researched Coinabul beforehand and only found good reviews and recommendations everywhere. Now, 3 weeks later, my order is still showing as 'Processing', so I researched them some more and found a couple of negative reviews. I have tried contacting them on all their channels, including the messaging system on the site, e-mail, phone, PM on here and Skype, to try to get a status update or a refund if they are unable to complete the order, without success. I could not yet get hold of anyone and have not received one reply.

Does anyone know of a way to contact them to actually get hold of someone that can help?

It looks like at one point they were sort of reliable, so I guess there is a small chance I might still get my order, but I reckon I would prefer a refund at this stage, especially since they are one of the companies being subpoenaed.

In the meantime I have placed a similiar order at amagimetals.com, and it shipped within 3 days of placing the order. I'm still awaiting delivery since it's an international delivery, but at least there is progress and everything looks legit with tracking on the shipping. This time I tried contacting them before placing the order and got a response within minutes and they addressed all the questions and concerns I had, so I was happy to give them a try.
you can chat directly with jay, the owner, by going onto irc freenode and going to the channel #bitcoin-otc. His username is coingenuity, and he is an op there, so im sure the channel would benefit from hearing about another unsatisfied customer. Make sure you tell him rawted sent you.
Rawted

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:20:58 AM

Where did you find good reviews on them?  Also we should fix that... Links please.

Thanks
seconded. Please provide links to the sites you visited so we can make sure the reviews are fair and accurate.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 01:32:37 AM

you can chat directly with jay, the owner, by going onto irc freenode and going to the channel #bitcoin-otc. His username is coingenuity, and he is an op there, so im sure the channel would benefit from hearing about another unsatisfied customer. Make sure you tell him rawted sent you.

Offtopic and asking for a ban. Try http://webchat.freenode.net/?randomnick=1&channels=coinabul&prompt=1

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
tonto

Activity: 609

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 02:44:21 AM

I recently put a good review (in his trust) before I discovered this thread.  I bought something from him when he first started up, and while it took a little longer than I would have liked, I did get my silver. 

I'm wondering if coinabul waits until he has money from a customer, converts it into fiat first, and then tries to order stuff himself that day (or maybe tries to wait for prices to go down a little to increase his profits), rather than having his own stock from which to sell.  Kind of like my friend's dad - he's a buyer/seller of hogs, and he rarely has to take possession of hogs.  It's all done on paper, and then eventually someone gets a load of hogs, but money has exchanged hands several times before the hogs are ever loaded up on trailer.

I'm pausing to see if I should remove my trust review.  I mean I should leave it, since i wasn't scammed, but gosh darn if this doesn't upset me because it makes my review look like a shill or something.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:48:38 AM

I'm wondering if coinabul waits until he has money from a customer, converts it into fiat first, and then tries to order stuff himself that day [..]

That would not be all that unusual and I wouldnt condemn them if they worked like that.
Problem is to find a good supplier on YOUR side who can next-day you a metric ton if need be.
peetas

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 09:11:42 AM

Where did you find good reviews on them?  Also we should fix that... Links please.

Thanks
seconded. Please provide links to the sites you visited so we can make sure the reviews are fair and accurate.

I obviously cannot remember all the reviews etc. I found back then, but here are some of what I got after doing another quick search... (scary how many negative reviews I now find... back then there were very few)
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Coinabul
http://www.bitcoingold.net/gold-store-reviews/
http://bitcoinmagazine.com/coinabul-celebrates-six-months-of-gold/

Looks legit, right? Smiley

I will try to get hold of coingenuity on IRC.  As I mentioned, it looks like they have done some good business in the past but have recently had some hiccups, so I'm still optimistic about my order.  Hopefully Jay will be able to sort it out for me... If I can just get hold of him or someone else that can reply

Rawted

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 02:43:17 PM

Offtopic and asking for a ban. Try http://webchat.freenode.net/?randomnick=1&channels=coinabul&prompt=1
You seem to be forgetting a few things here, TBZ.

1. I am the victim. I left an honest, detailed trust rating, with links to substantiate, and i was banned (and still am.). I went off of my interactions with Jay, his verbal tirade against his customers, his physical and verbal assault of another person, and the way his company runs.

2. I gave Jay Shore time to make things good. His cowardice prevented him from even answering me. I gave the higher up ops (who were all quite disgusted with his behavior - at least thats what they told me in queries...) a chance to right his wrongs, their cowardice has prevented them from doing so. Everyone seems content in that little otc community to let a scammer run wild, simply because he is an op who has talked up the size and success of his business immensely.

3. It's affecting my business.

I've been nice and cordial about this whole thing, but i am not a meek person, and i will not lie down and be fucked over. Don't forget this all came about because an irc op banned me because i left an honest, fair, and accurate review on his WOT. I am not the issue here, but i don't expect any of you to understand.
davidspitzer

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:37:33 PM

I have purchased quite a bit from Amagimetals. They are quick, courteous and efficient. Every time I have contacted them they have gotten back to me quickly and answered my questions. They post on their site what is in stock and if there is a back orde, what the expected wait will be. When I purchase in stock items they are always dispatched within a few days of ordering and include a tracking number

I have tried many gold and silver sites and Amagimetals has been the best, by far, of all of them (IMHO)
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 08:57:46 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2013, 09:31:01 PM by TheButterZone

You seem to be forgetting a few things here, TBZ.

1. I am the victim. I left an honest, detailed trust rating, with links to substantiate, and i was banned (and still am.). I went off of my interactions with Jay, his verbal tirade against his customers, his physical and verbal assault of another person, and the way his company runs.

2. I gave Jay Shore time to make things good. His cowardice prevented him from even answering me. I gave the higher up ops (who were all quite disgusted with his behavior - at least thats what they told me in queries...) a chance to right his wrongs, their cowardice has prevented them from doing so. Everyone seems content in that little otc community to let a scammer run wild, simply because he is an op who has talked up the size and success of his business immensely.

3. It's affecting my business.

I've been nice and cordial about this whole thing, but i am not a meek person, and i will not lie down and be fucked over. Don't forget this all came about because an irc op banned me because i left an honest, fair, and accurate review on his WOT. I am not the issue here, but i don't expect any of you to understand.

I haven't forgotten anything, also including that you are not klined/glined from Freenode, you have received zero negative ratings on your WoT, and I'm pretty sure you can still auth to gribble and trade if you join one of the prerequisite auth channels that isn't -otc.

If coingenuity/coinabul is a scammer, then telling the infinite amount of victims to go to #bitcoin-otc and talk to him in channel will result in a 24/7/365 flamewar over coinabul that completely detracts from the actual topic of #bitcoin-otc:

"The topic for #bitcoin-otc is: OTC marketplace for Bitcoin trading and exchange."

There's enough off topic shit in there RIGHT THIS SECOND, so I would thank everyone to not interfere with Bitcoin trading and exchange any further, as I have no op power to actually enforce the topic. Nor do you (or anyone but nanotube, who sits in #coinabul, BTW) have the power to have the coinabul.com link permanently removed from the topic, and to fire/ban coingenuity.

Since nobody seems to pay attention to the topic anyway, and coingenuity doesn't advertise in the channel with actual messages, a flamewar may only result in MORE traffic for his business than he gets now from -otc, and definitely LESS BUSINESS FOR EVERYONE ELSE. Way to shoot self, and everyone else, in foot!

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Rawted

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:30:48 AM

Did you write this post with a jump to conclusions board? I appreciate your tenacity, but youre just wasting your finger dexterity at this point.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 08:26:44 PM

History repeats itself.

Rawted

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 05:29:23 PM

http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-otc/logs/2013/08/19#l8446882

Scrat   coingenuity: oh good you're here. why is Rawted banned?
10:17   coingenuity   Scrat: for defamation
10:17   hashkey   what happened?
10:17   coingenuity   also, i'm not in the mood to deal with people being busybodies, so leave it at that
10:18   dmzpkts   because, killing is business and business is good.
10:18   random_cat   \m/
10:18   random_cat   ^my
10:18   Scrat   or what, you're going to ban me too?
10:19   coingenuity   Scrat: you really feel like picking a fight with me?
10:19   coingenuity   i just told you i'm not in the mood
10:19   RBecker   Scrat: drop it

Since coingenuity/coinabul/jay shore doesn't seem to understand the meaning behind the word defamation, here it is.

Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, or traducement—is the communication of a false statement that harms the reputation of an individual, business, product, group, government, religion, or nation.

Now, let's take a look at my original rating for coingenuity

Ops shouldnt be allowed to teeter on the edge of scamming (and flat out scam some users) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149253.380 . Ops should not lose their cool and go on verbal tirades against other members http://pastebin.com/q1YtY3BR . Ops shouldnt physically and verbally assault other people http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d46dFmAmnuc

As you can see from the pastebin links, and the wording of my original rating, i did not jump to conclusions. I interacted with jay shore/coingenuity/coinabul on an almost daily basis. I waited 6+ months before rating, as i wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt (we all have bad days). As the number of scam reports here and across the WWW increased, and taking into account his verbal assault against me (pastebin above), i finally decided to rate him a very generous -1. I have swallowed my pride twice and reached out to him to see if we can quell the issues. He never responded. I went to bitcoin-court, he never showed up. I've been told by other members to remove my rating and he would unban me - i refused. I've asked the higher up ops to look into it. Nanotube doesnt want to get involved (even though it's certainly his responsibility), Someoneweird won't get involved (he admitted he is a close friend of jay shore, but also said his actions were "complete bullshit" - i can pull logs of that as well). Most of the other ops were helpful, but didn't have the power to rectify it - btw if you ever get a chance to interact/trade with Scrat and Cusipzzz, do it - they're stellar individuals.

It's now at a point where i have to get others involved. I did not want to do this, my hand is forced.

Caveat: For those about to bring up the video in my rating of him, i understand the context behind it. I don't care what the backstory is, but in that video we have Jay Shore verbally and physically assaulting another person in public while yelling 'fuck off' at the top of his lungs. He then proceeds to spin out in his old Maxima (Odd, considering he has personally told me he handles millions of dollars in sales a week - do i need to show logs of that as well?) with total disregard for anyone or anything else.

Every day another person posts a scam report here or on Reddit about Coingenuity/Coinabul/Jay Shore. At what point do we as a community pull our heads out of the sand and realize we have to do something?

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 05:35:21 PM

10:17   coingenuity   also, i'm not in the mood to deal with people being busybodies, so leave it at that

Dude, bitcoin-otc totally doesn't look like a collection of sycophants these days.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Rawted

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 05:39:52 PM

Dude, bitcoin-otc totally doesn't look like a collection of sycophants these days.
Lol, you're absolutely correct. It's sickening how little the people who are supposed to care don't. It's like an inner circle of scammers just protecting each other.

To quote one of my favorite movies

"I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical."
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 08:50:46 PM

You can either quote movies until hell freezes over, or actually take real action, like see to it that he is criminally prosecuted or held civilly liable for the crimes you and others allege that he's committed. Actions are usually inversely proportional to the amount of words used.

Just ran out of popcorn, time for a nap, which I expect I'll never be woken up from, judging from this infinite loop of inaction.

Rawted

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 09:06:11 PM

You can either quote movies until hell freezes over, or actually take real action, like see to it that he is criminally prosecuted or held civilly liable for the crimes you and others allege that he's committed. Actions are usually inversely proportional to the amount of words used.

Just ran out of popcorn, time for a nap, which I expect I'll never be woken up from, judging from this infinite loop of inaction.
Yes, let me post my whole gameplan here so people can be prepared. Genius! Enjoy your nap, TBZ.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 01:24:12 AM

Yes, let me post my whole gameplan here so people can be prepared. Genius! Enjoy your nap, TBZ.

You should be talking to lawyers in private ONLY, not appearing to bluff endlessly, continuing to show that actions are usually inversely proportional to the amount of words used. Put up a criminal indictment or lawsuit, or stop bluffing and fold.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 01:31:18 AM

https://wyobiz.wy.gov/Business/FilingDetails.aspx?eFNum=184091123241020161231070245047214108020047212114

2011-001252725   Name Change   09/13/2011   Detail
Filing Name Changed From: Visualeyes LLC To: Coinabul, LLC

http://www.bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-otc/logs/2012/12/02

17:13   EasyAt   I'll sell coin at gox*1.05 if anyone is looking
17:14   ktorp   willing to sell 20 bitcoins for moneygram
17:14   aethero   ktorp: pm
17:18   aethero   Visualeyes LLC
17:19   ReliableSource   ziggap ads on bitcointalk now Cheesy
17:21   aethero   Yup
17:24   ktorp   looking to sell 20 bitcoins at mt gox rate

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=79910.msg885800#msg885800

In partnership with the man (aethero) behind QuickBitcoins, we are offering to host your family's, community's, or gaming clan's Teamspeak 3 server for Bitcoins! We have locations in Atlanta, Georgia, United States and in Amsterdam, Netherlands, to offer you great ping wherever you are from (sorry, Asia).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=66930

Name:   aethero
Activity:   0
Position:   Brand new
Date Registered:   September 16, 2012, 02:39:00 PM
Last Active:   February 26, 2013, 05:28:48 PM

I think Jay Shore has a helluva lot more names and companies he goes under then we already know. Why the hell would Aethero mention Visualeyes LLC?
Rawted

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:57:00 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2013, 02:09:22 AM by Rawted

You should be talking to lawyers in private ONLY, not appearing to bluff endlessly, continuing to show that actions are usually inversely proportional to the amount of words used. Put up a criminal indictment or lawsuit, or stop bluffing and fold.
Not sure if you're familiar with the judicial system, but it isn't as simple as 'sue them or not'. There is evidence that needs to be collected, and i have a licensed and bonded PI working on that for me. Lawsuits don't happen overnight. However i have the funding and motivation to see this through to the end.

Most interesting to me is how you seem to want to get involved and throw a wrench in the works at every step. From our convos together, i would have expected more support from you, or is this how you operate (kissing up to both sides)? Either way, the matter is in good hands, your assistance is not needed here, TBZ.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: