Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:55:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM - Coinabul owe me 81btc  (Read 61614 times)
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 04:22:52 PM

I honestly don't know what to say man. If i were you, i would hang out in #bitcoin-otc and bug the living hell out of him until he pays.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 04:34:22 PM

I honestly don't know what to say man. If i were you, i would hang out in #bitcoin-otc and bug the living hell out of him until he pays.

Bad idea...
Amaze

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 04:38:51 PM

Still nada.

I sent an email a bit over a week ago asking for confirmation that it has been sent. Nada to that, too.

Jay talks about efficient customer service but so far there's been none of it.
threeip

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 08:11:46 PM

Still nada.

I sent an email a bit over a week ago asking for confirmation that it has been sent. Nada to that, too.

Jay talks about efficient customer service but so far there's been none of it.

Is that Jay in that video, for reals? If so I would believe this -^

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:11:46 AM

Hi All,

We've been emailing back and forth with Kris for a bit, his stuff has been slated to go out for a while but due to the mayhem in the precious metals markets combined with all the issues Bitcoin is experiencing as a whole, it's been a little more delayed than we'd like. Regardless, his stuff is all packaged up and will go out with the next shipping batch.

In the mean time, we're still working hard to keep products flowing quickly. Gold and silver both continue to push downwards, with record lows being set continually. As prices drop, demand starts to increase, and at this point the entire PM market is struggling to keep up. We've been taking preventative steps to keep ourselves from being impacted too heavily over the last few months, sinking huge amounts of money into inventory to ensure that orders will flow quickly. Some manufacturers and governments are still having major issues, but as a whole things should run more smoothly in the coming months.

Once again I do need to reiterate that the best way to get in touch if you're having issues is not through here/reddit/etc, but via official channels like email, contact form, or telephone. We have a dedicated support team with efficient channels for resolving any issues that come up, but they do need to be contacted via those mediums I mentioned before in order to help you efficiently.

Thanks,
Jay
Don't PMs from here show up as email anyways???  There always comes a point where 98% BTC will be too tempting to forgo over 2% profit margins in PM biz.  Always thought most PM for BTC is bound to fold up given enough time.

shiftybugger (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:09:37 AM

I received an email this morning advising that my package has shipped. The supplied tracking number gets no hits, but it could be too early for that.

I'm cautiously optimistic. The fat lady has not yet begun singing, but there is a chance she is in the dressing room warming up her vocal chords.
shiftybugger (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 10:56:41 AM

Imagine my delight this evening to find a package in the mail from Coinabul, albeit a bit over a year after I placed the order.

Then the disappointment as I open it to find not a single thing that I ordered inside the box. And what was in there was banged up, scratched, even cracked in places. How the hell does a coin get cracked?!

I'll email Jay yet again and wait a month for a response...
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 12:03:23 PM

Imagine my delight this evening to find a package in the mail from Coinabul, albeit a bit over a year after I placed the order.

Then the disappointment as I open it to find not a single thing that I ordered inside the box. And what was in there was banged up, scratched, even cracked in places. How the hell does a coin get cracked?!

I'll email Jay yet again and wait a month for a response...

Oh my god...

Photos please.

Yes, I want to see what they sent.
shiftybugger (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 01:04:58 PM

You know what, screw it. I don't care anymore. I don't even want to wait for a reply. I don't care what he has to say.

I didn't just order plain old silver. I ordered a varied selection of coins for their numismatic value, one being a 10oz Kookaburra, along with a few bars. And I paid a premium over spot for them. The total value of which, using Coinabul's current prices is $493.50.

What I received was 19 no brand generic silver coins. (The only pic I can find that matches them is http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-OZ-BU-SILVER-BUFFALO-ROUND-999-FINE-SILVER-ONE-TROY-OUNCE-1-COIN-/390638890940 No idea who made them. They look similar to something NTR makes, but still markedly different). I can't value them at Coinabul's prices because they don't even appear on Coinabul's webiste. BUT that's largely irrelevant anyway because in the state that they are, they are worth nothing over spot ($19.74) for a total of $375.06.

They were just floating around in a large box. There was a tube in there, and a lid. The two were not connected.

At first my theory was that Customs on my end had opened the box, opened the tube to inspect, and failed to secure the cap. But that cannot be the case because:
- The outer box was completely enclosed in black packing tape, wrapped around like 10 times. The tape was not cut or peeled away in any place. The postage slips were intact over the tape. I had to nearly destroy the box to get in there. There is no way it could have been accessed in a non-destructive manner.
- Australian Customs always leaves a slip in the package to let you know that it was opened and inspected. There wasn't one.

I just don't get it. Why spend 95% of the cost to send me things that arrived in a state worth 75% of what I paid for, which because it wasn't what I ordered and is damaged, leaves me about 10% satisfied? Mind blown. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I finally got SOMETHING, but why go to the effort just to get it so, so wrong?

Pics or it didn't happen:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/rumply/DSCN1272_zpsb42dba60.jpg
Cracks at the hind feet and head of the bull, and the 'O' in TROY.

Two more just showing how generally beaten up they are. There are even chunks nicked out of the rim. The 2 and the 0 in '2013' are partially obliterated.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/rumply/DSCN1268_zps66a10915.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/rumply/DSCN1271_zpsd7c3011c.jpg
Amaze

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:57:12 AM

shiftybugger,

what was the postmark date on the postage?
shiftybugger (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 10:01:56 AM

shiftybugger,

30 June, 2013
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:23:45 PM

Wow.  Those coins look like they went though a blender.  What's the return policy?  That would be interesting...

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
threeip

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 08:26:04 PM

Wow.  Those coins look like they went though a blender.  What's the return policy?  That would be interesting...

If it took him 5 months to receive them I don't think he is sending them back  Wink

You could also say; he paid 81BTC (~$8600) and only received 0.18BTC of product. Did the spot price of silver drop that much? Roll Eyes

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
Amaze

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 09:48:59 PM

shiftybugger,

30 June, 2013

The fact that it took a month to get to you is kind of ok, but the fact that he shipped it more than a year after you ordered is epic. Is there an award for most patient customer on earth?
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 11:29:38 PM

HAHAHA

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
shiftybugger (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:24:03 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2013, 01:49:46 AM by shiftybugger

shiftybugger,

30 June, 2013

The fact that it took a month to get to you is kind of ok, but the fact that he shipped it more than a year after you ordered is epic. Is there an award for most patient customer on earth?

Ack! I suck at typing...

It was posted on 30 JULY 2013. It got to me in like a week... which is a pretty good effort. Bravo USPS. Especially since four of those days must have been wasted tumbling these in a concrete mixer...
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 10:49:05 AM

No-one should trade with Coinabul now...this is definitely scam territory.

HAHAHA

Um, what?

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 04:08:54 PM

"Is there an award for most patient customer on earth?"

No-one should trade with Coinabul now...this is definitely scam territory.

HAHAHA

Um, what?

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
davidspitzer

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:10:10 AM

If you still want to buy gold and silver, I have been recently ordering from Amagimetals and I must say the experience has been nothing but positive. They post what is in stock and when I order in stock items I have gotten most orders in less than a week - Great communication, fast shipping, decent prices

runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 08:16:10 AM

I have good experience with Amagi Metals as well. Used International shipping, and it took a while, but this was at a time when there was a shortage in coins.

I've heard Agora Commodities have cheaper shipping rates, but I've never bought anything from them: http://agoracommodities.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: