Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:35:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XVC] Vcash Official Community Thread ▱ Zerotime ▱ Anon ▱ Auto Block Size  (Read 150743 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
francisthecrusher

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:26:04 AM

Is there still anyone working on this coin?

Me.

But I'm not promising anything. The tech itself is great, just no community. If the community ends up picking it up again it will probably go back to the price it was before (i.e. a 10x increase).

If you need help just post here, I check this thread every couple of days.

Weren't there more people at the beginning? I though you were a team taking over the project?
Can you give us a little update about what are you doing right now?

There was originally one key dev, John Conner. He had a bit of a breakdown and everything fell apart. Then a small community took over which appears to no longer exist. Lessons learned are: 1) don't rely on one dev and 2) make sure devs have an incentive to keep going.

Right now (as far as I know) I'm the only one working on the code. The original dev left a backdoor which has now been fixed, but there may be others, so I'm slowly reviewing each line of code and making improvements along the way.

I've put a call out for existing owners of the coin to pool some of their XVC for a development fund but there has been almost no interest.

I like the tech behind this coin but at this point I will most likely be relaunching the codebase with my cleanups and modifications as a new coin (not Vcash) and somehow (I'm not sure how yet) ensure that there's an adequate development fund without using a premine. If there's no reason for developers to put time and effort into a coin there is no coin.

I don't understand why you're saying you'd put in funds when you're doing the work.  If you really are a skilled dev, what is your github and who would handle the dev fund?  I would pay a decent amount and I believe one other person would as well.  Some holders with less who probably haven't checked this thread would also contribute.

Because, as I said (earlier in the thread, you may have missed it), I'm not a great dev, and even if I was relying on one dev is stupid, all it takes is a mental breakdown and the coin is worthless.

As I said before, I can only see only the following options for vcash:

1) hold onto our coins in the hope that something magical happens
2) cash out at pennies on the dollar (at least in my case, I bought pretty high)
3) pool some of our resources together to fund further development and support.

I asked for a tentative show of hands of who would might interested in contributing some of their XVC to a dev fund and how much, so I could see if option 1 was plausible. If there was a great response we could pull together and work out the details of how to manage it and allocate it (bounties or whatever). But there isn't (a tentative 10,000 XVC so far and 5000 of that was me). so no point in wasting brainpower on that option.

I use C++ at work maybe once a week when something goes wrong, that's where I'm at (and I'm not going to mix my work identity with this by posting my github profile here). I'll push my changes with a new account when I think things are good enough and if someone wants to adopt them into vcash codebase they are welcome to. I'm willing to put time in if I think the coin is going to go somewhere and I have a stake, but I don't think the existing vcash chain and 'brand' is going anywhere unless the community can somehow manage to pull together and incentivize a dev community (which is what I was testing the water for). But, as I said, I really like the tech (zerotime etc, it's not very anonymous but that can be worked on) which is why I'm probably going to start with a fresh slate and not the existing vcash chain, that route provides a better chance of having an active dev community and not simply a dev.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bugsywugsy

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 01:24:51 AM

I suspect there is at least a dev or two working on reviving this that hasn't said anything about it

francisthecrusher

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 06:35:59 AM

Is there still anyone working on this coin?

Me.

But I'm not promising anything. The tech itself is great, just no community. If the community ends up picking it up again it will probably go back to the price it was before (i.e. a 10x increase).

If you need help just post here, I check this thread every couple of days.

Weren't there more people at the beginning? I though you were a team taking over the project?
Can you give us a little update about what are you doing right now?

There was originally one key dev, John Conner. He had a bit of a breakdown and everything fell apart. Then a small community took over which appears to no longer exist. Lessons learned are: 1) don't rely on one dev and 2) make sure devs have an incentive to keep going.

Right now (as far as I know) I'm the only one working on the code. The original dev left a backdoor which has now been fixed, but there may be others, so I'm slowly reviewing each line of code and making improvements along the way.

I've put a call out for existing owners of the coin to pool some of their XVC for a development fund but there has been almost no interest.

I like the tech behind this coin but at this point I will most likely be relaunching the codebase with my cleanups and modifications as a new coin (not Vcash) and somehow (I'm not sure how yet) ensure that there's an adequate development fund without using a premine. If there's no reason for developers to put time and effort into a coin there is no coin.

I don't understand why you're saying you'd put in funds when you're doing the work.  If you really are a skilled dev, what is your github and who would handle the dev fund?  I would pay a decent amount and I believe one other person would as well.  Some holders with less who probably haven't checked this thread would also contribute.

Because, as I said (earlier in the thread, you may have missed it), I'm not a great dev, and even if I was relying on one dev is stupid, all it takes is a mental breakdown and the coin is worthless.

As I said before, I can only see only the following options for vcash:

1) hold onto our coins in the hope that something magical happens
2) cash out at pennies on the dollar (at least in my case, I bought pretty high)
3) pool some of our resources together to fund further development and support.

I asked for a tentative show of hands of who would might interested in contributing some of their XVC to a dev fund and how much, so I could see if option 1 was plausible. If there was a great response we could pull together and work out the details of how to manage it and allocate it (bounties or whatever). But there isn't (a tentative 10,000 XVC so far and 5000 of that was me). so no point in wasting brainpower on that option.

I use C++ at work maybe once a week when something goes wrong, that's where I'm at (and I'm not going to mix my work identity with this by posting my github profile here). I'll push my changes with a new account when I think things are good enough and if someone wants to adopt them into vcash codebase they are welcome to. I'm willing to put time in if I think the coin is going to go somewhere and I have a stake, but I don't think the existing vcash chain and 'brand' is going anywhere unless the community can somehow manage to pull together and incentivize a dev community (which is what I was testing the water for). But, as I said, I really like the tech (zerotime etc, it's not very anonymous but that can be worked on) which is why I'm probably going to start with a fresh slate and not the existing vcash chain, that route provides a better chance of having an active dev community and not simply a dev.

If it was someone I'd trust had XVC's best interest at heart and could get results, I'd throw in 100,000 XVC.  Other people would throw some in too, but it doesn't make sense to pay it to an anon.
Yes if it went in this direction I'd assume those involved would use multisig and that they would not be interested in signing a transaction to pay someone unless they've checked them out. Hopefully they would also understand the necessity of not having a single point of failure in the form of one single person being critical to the project.

OK, 100k xvc, so a possible 110k in total. Yes I completely agree, with that much in play it would perhaps rouse the interest of others. Let's see how things play out, I'll post here when I've pushed my changes to gh and see what happens.
PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:36:41 PM

I suspect there is at least a dev or two working on reviving this that hasn't said anything about it

explain
satlqt

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 09:42:12 AM

I will pump XVC in the coming days

In coming days we will have new wallets  Cool

When someone says he/she is in preparation for pump, he/she means that he's in the market looking for a fecal pump for his disabled granddad. This small apparatus is helpful for transmitting the fecal mass from ur digestive system to fecal receiver.

why not with the blessing of time and success we will be on new wallet too.
PGPpfKkx

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 08:50:37 AM

I find it crazy that someone invented a way to make a coin with no confirmations and then abandoned it.
callback

Activity: 184

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 11:25:40 AM

Is there any point of information for this coin left?
The website seems to be gone, nothing new on github.

What drives the price, new wallet, fixes?
Hows the network, any explorer left?
Whats happened to incentive nodes?
Any pool, anybody still mining this shit?
What happened to that xcore dude, he folded?

slv126

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:01:22 PM

https://github.com/vcash-project/vcash
someone released wallet v0.6.0, but his website https://vcashproject.org is down.
PGPpfKkx

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 01:30:35 PM

someone released wallet v0.6.0, but his website https://vcashproject.org is down.

wow interesting but who could that be  Huh
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:30:25 PM

jc may be back attracted by the gold rush

callback

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 03:34:19 PM

Many ifs and whys.
A dramatic coin.

I wonder why nobody with a name picks up the project.
The way it holds ground without a wallet and a network, tremendous potential.
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 04:58:32 PM

Yea maybe he shouldnt of been a little girl about the whole situation and Vcash could of pumped

Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:23:08 PM

so exchange could fix their wallets ?!

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:00:17 PM

I find it crazy that someone invented a way to make a coin with no confirmations and then abandoned it.
It's really sad when you think about it :l
coinstash

Activity: 179

G'day!

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 07:40:41 PM

I never want to see that clown again.

HOdlcoin tip jar: HHodLxkjawXxt86EnDB1i8hCxkC4exGvab
DonFreddy

Activity: 89

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 02:40:26 AM

wow interesting but who could that be  Huh
High.
Some ppl of the Vcash community are working on it. And for the website, try http://www.vcashproject.org/ .
Let's make Vcash 2fast4btc!

Green regards from "The walking Stoner"
WeedFreddy

https://twitter.com/WeedFreddy
IRC: WeedFreddy
Anon cryptocurrency is the answer to the corrupt financial system.
callback

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 07:59:36 AM

It synched alright. What exactly happens at block 635.000?

I installed the Elektron UI, which looks great.
https://github.com/whphhg/vcash-ui

But haven't tried it, somebody wants to send me a coin?
VukEt4ddx2HwfuhJLBsg7gjX1urJZTztvs

Installation is a bit of a bummer, anybody bothers to package that?
DonFreddy

Activity: 89

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 08:50:28 AM

Good morning,
the win_x64 Vcash Gui wallet is out now.
https://github.com/vcash-project/vcash/releases/tag/0.6.0.1
The mac wallet will follow asap.

Green regards
Freddy

https://twitter.com/WeedFreddy
IRC: WeedFreddy
Anon cryptocurrency is the answer to the corrupt financial system.
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 08:19:41 PM

Guys, JC is not back and has nothing to do with this community or coin anymore.  The new wallet is from the hard work of a few community members and will stop any forking bugs so that exchanges can re-enable Vcash. So everyone please update your wallets and let's make sure things are working flawlessly.
Thanks

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money