Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:37:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XVC] Vcash Official Community Thread ▱ Zerotime ▱ Anon ▱ Auto Block Size  (Read 150741 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 10:22:54 PM

thinking about it JC left at just the wrong moment.... this coin with the incentive nodes would have had a HUGE pump and a lot of incoming interest in this latest wave.

Big mistake bailing when he did.

The community should have welcomed a development fund tax that he suggested.

Dash valued a lot by a tweet from Roger Ver about instantX.

Zero Time in vcash has a much more advanced technique. It's faster, the transaction happens in only 0.23s, doesn't charge fee and has no security problems.

Chaimblender in vcash is also far superior to darksend. It's decentralized, anonymizes a large volume in a few minutes, while dash can take hours or even days.

XVC was practically all written from scratch.
In thousands of code lines around only 20 are similar to the btc code.

Real new tech here. Developed by the guy who revolutionized p2p creating Kazaa in the 90s among several other apps that are now part of OSX and also improved skype.

The new devs, especially Wuher, are doing a great job.

Exactly if JC had of stuck around he would have made a fortune on this last wave of pumps. I still think if any devs can really get a handle on this project it can go 10x from here.

Why is there no dev fund coded in? 10% seem s to work out for other such projects.  I have no idea why the community didnt approve of it when JC suggested it.

I think I will pick up enough for a incentive node just because the upside seems good.

The community DID approve the hard coded dev fund by a landslide, but the next day Julian either figured it was too difficult to code, had a tantrum he was doxed, lost too much trading/manipulating the market, or he was on too many drugs and just psycho. In any case he dumped it all on his followers for two years and never said a word again.  I will give the guy credit for KaZaa and other work, but he proved unstable, arrogant, and unbelievably abandoned his baby of 2 years. Yes, xCore and Wuher did a fantastic job picking up the pieces, getting things working and back on exchange. But I don't think Wuher wants a full time dev job, and even if xCore and he did, I don't think the vision Julian had for the coin could be done with a two or three man team. JC lead us to believe this was going to the dash/bitcoin killer. A coin that was better than dash in every way, more secure, anony, obfuscated, instant, un-attackable, and able to run full nodes on cell phones and toasters. A coin that could be used for every day small and micro transactions, secured by millions of cell phones as well as miners and super peers. It was  a lofty goal, and as much as I hate Julian's actions and hate to say it, the coin will probably never reach his goals without him.  Steve Jobs was a crazy @sshole, but you saw what happened when Apple fired him, and then you saw what happened when he came back.  Only the original mad genius could continue with his partialy complete and obfuscated work. Well , sure a team of experts devoting a year to this coin could do it, but I don't really see that happening. Mining and super peers are pretty useless now at such low rewards. There are like 16 million coins out there, JC dumped 450 btc worth about. So all I am left wondering is who the h@ll has all the coins?

At least he created some utility with the slot machine he had built around zeroledger. I think that should be achievable again, which would imply a kind of a SPV wallet, which would run on smartphones as well. Full nodes on toasters may take it bit longer.

Most important is, that the "bad crypto" is sorted out, which enabled him to kick anybody around in the network.

Who owns the coins would be known if one would know whos been (and still is) mining the shit

What utility? He couldnt code shit hes untalented fat teacher of romanian literature in middle school and has no relation to coding. I know the guy, dont bullshit me with ur pretentious replies. How the hell can u put the word coding in one sentence with landslide. I was there and know how it feels when ground gets shaky and transmits vibrations of compound overlayered molecules into the air, u want to escape but cant as u feel earth tremor with ur feet and lose spatial orientation. Its a huge controversy to me that someone could code stuff sitting on a chair in the epicenter of the landslide. @jimlite Do u realize u are bullshitting people telling them about hallucinations u saw when u were sitting on meth u fucking dumb.

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
callback

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 01:26:13 PM

thinking about it JC left at just the wrong moment.... this coin with the incentive nodes would have had a HUGE pump and a lot of incoming interest in this latest wave.

Big mistake bailing when he did.

The community should have welcomed a development fund tax that he suggested.

Dash valued a lot by a tweet from Roger Ver about instantX.

Zero Time in vcash has a much more advanced technique. It's faster, the transaction happens in only 0.23s, doesn't charge fee and has no security problems.

Chaimblender in vcash is also far superior to darksend. It's decentralized, anonymizes a large volume in a few minutes, while dash can take hours or even days.

XVC was practically all written from scratch.
In thousands of code lines around only 20 are similar to the btc code.

Real new tech here. Developed by the guy who revolutionized p2p creating Kazaa in the 90s among several other apps that are now part of OSX and also improved skype.

The new devs, especially Wuher, are doing a great job.

Exactly if JC had of stuck around he would have made a fortune on this last wave of pumps. I still think if any devs can really get a handle on this project it can go 10x from here.

Why is there no dev fund coded in? 10% seem s to work out for other such projects.  I have no idea why the community didnt approve of it when JC suggested it.

I think I will pick up enough for a incentive node just because the upside seems good.

The community DID approve the hard coded dev fund by a landslide, but the next day Julian either figured it was too difficult to code, had a tantrum he was doxed, lost too much trading/manipulating the market, or he was on too many drugs and just psycho. In any case he dumped it all on his followers for two years and never said a word again.  I will give the guy credit for KaZaa and other work, but he proved unstable, arrogant, and unbelievably abandoned his baby of 2 years. Yes, xCore and Wuher did a fantastic job picking up the pieces, getting things working and back on exchange. But I don't think Wuher wants a full time dev job, and even if xCore and he did, I don't think the vision Julian had for the coin could be done with a two or three man team. JC lead us to believe this was going to the dash/bitcoin killer. A coin that was better than dash in every way, more secure, anony, obfuscated, instant, un-attackable, and able to run full nodes on cell phones and toasters. A coin that could be used for every day small and micro transactions, secured by millions of cell phones as well as miners and super peers. It was  a lofty goal, and as much as I hate Julian's actions and hate to say it, the coin will probably never reach his goals without him.  Steve Jobs was a crazy @sshole, but you saw what happened when Apple fired him, and then you saw what happened when he came back.  Only the original mad genius could continue with his partialy complete and obfuscated work. Well , sure a team of experts devoting a year to this coin could do it, but I don't really see that happening. Mining and super peers are pretty useless now at such low rewards. There are like 16 million coins out there, JC dumped 450 btc worth about. So all I am left wondering is who the h@ll has all the coins?

At least he created some utility with the slot machine he had built around zeroledger. I think that should be achievable again, which would imply a kind of a SPV wallet, which would run on smartphones as well. Full nodes on toasters may take it bit longer.

Most important is, that the "bad crypto" is sorted out, which enabled him to kick anybody around in the network.

Who owns the coins would be known if one would know whos been (and still is) mining the shit

What utility? He couldnt code shit hes untalented fat teacher of romanian literature in middle school and has no relation to coding. I know the guy, dont bullshit me with ur pretentious replies. How the hell can u put the word coding in one sentence with landslide. I was there and know how it feels when ground gets shaky and transmits vibrations of compound overlayered molecules into the air, u want to escape but cant as u feel earth tremor with ur feet and lose spatial orientation. Its a huge controversy to me that someone could code stuff sitting on a chair in the epicenter of the landslide. @jimlite Do u realize u are bullshitting people telling them about hallucinations u saw when u were sitting on meth u fucking dumb.

You're putting your vomit allover the place.

Have you tried the slot machine while it was online? It was blazing fast.
Until the foul play.
V.cash (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 02:52:27 PM

0.6.0.3 released: https://vcash.info/news.php
Buratinos

Activity: 952
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 04:59:22 PM

I see the price went up
The volume increased for the day to 40%
This is due to the release of a new wallet
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 05:39:11 PM

0.6.0.3 released: https://vcash.info/news.php

Can someone contact Poloniex about updating their wallet, lets harass them !

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

Dogeshop_eu

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 07:30:31 PM

Is there any tutarial on how to use the latest wallet? It doesn't seem to be GUI. When I run my wallet I'm getting something like " Incentive manager is locked , will try again "
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 10:50:08 PM

Is there any tutarial on how to use the latest wallet? It doesn't seem to be GUI. When I run my wallet I'm getting something like " Incentive manager is locked , will try again "

no dude you downloaded the daemon, which won't receive any commands unless you have curl installed. the GUI is on the same page, to the left

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
Jumanji7

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 12:06:46 PM

no news from the scammer dev since he abandoned xvc?
pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:26:49 PM

no dude you downloaded the daemon, which won't receive any commands unless you have curl installed. the GUI is on the same page, to the left

Yes, it says Peer GUI (Full Ledger), not Peer Daemon (Full Ledger).  https://vcash.info/wallets.php

pauloaragaomelo

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:53:35 PM

no news from the scammer dev since he abandoned xvc?

yes, he's over devving Veltor now.

Veltor really is the JC?

███▄▄
                  █████▄
                   ▀██▀▀▄██▄
                   ▀███▄▄▀███
                     ▀████▄▀▀ ▄
         ▄▄▄█▄▄ ▀█████▄ ▀██▄ ███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀██████ ▀█████
   ▄██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▄▀█ ▀
 ▄█▀█▄███▄██████▀ ███████▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄▄
████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄ ██▄▀▀███▄▄
                   ▄███▀█▄██ ▀███▄▄▀▀█▀▀
                   ▀█▀ ████▀   ████ ▄ ▀███▄
                  ███▀▄▄█▀      ▀█▀███▄▀████
                 ████████          ▀████ ▀█
                 ▀▀███▀              ▀██▄▄▀█
                    ██                   ▀▄▀█
                                           ▀▀

AQUA
TANK
                   ▄▄██
                  ▄█▀▄█
               ▄███ ██▀
              ███▀▄█▄▄
              █▀▄███▀
            ██  ██▀▄▄████  ▄▄
           ███ ██ ██████▄███████▄▄
            █ █▀▄██▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
           ▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ▄█▀▀█
       ▄▄██▀█▄ ▀█▀█████▀ ▀████▀▄████▄█
     ████▀▄███ █ ▀██▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
  ▄▄▄▄█▀ ████ ██ ▄▀███▄
 ▄████ ▄ ██▀   ▀███ ▀█▀
 ███▀▄███ ▀      ▀▄▄ ███
 ▄█ ████          ██ ███
▄█ ▄██▀            ▀███▀
█ ▀                 █▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Telegram

▄▄█████▄▄▄
    ████████████▄       ▄▄▄
   ███████████████    ███████▄
   ███████████████▄▄ ▀██   ▀███
    ▀██████▀▀▀██   ██      ▄███
      ▀▀███▄▄▄██████      ▄███▀
      ▄▄▄████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀██▄
 ████▀     ▄████▀▀███▄▄         ███
███▀      ████▀   ▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
███       ███    ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀██████▀▀▀
 ███▄▄██  ███▄     ██▄
   ▀▀▀▀    ████▄▄▄▄██▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

▄▄██▄▄            ▄▄██▄▄
    ▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄
   ████  ██████████████████  ████
 ▄███      █████████████  ████  ██
 ██████  █████  ████  █████  ██████
████████████████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▀          ▀▀███████████
████████▀                  ▀███████▀
 ▀████▀                      ▀████▀

Play game

▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄
    ▄██▄▄███▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██████▄
███ ▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▄      ███████▄  ███
█████████████      █████████████
███▀▀████████      ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄ ███
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀██████ ▀▀▀
       ▀█▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████▀▀██
          ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀

Aqua Staking
o   o   o   o   o

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
███        ███  ███        ███
███        ███  ███        ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██        ██████████████
      ██        ███        ███
██████████████  ███        ███
      ██        ███        ███
      ██        ██████████████

Marketplace
▬▬▬▬▬▬
V.cash (OP)

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:47:15 PM

Let's keep this thread to Vcash related topics. If you want to flame, go to other threads. Jumanji7 please delete your post quoting statdude. You can post it elsewhere if you need to.
yelllowsin

Activity: 236

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:42:33 AM

Join slack https://vcash.slack.com/
You can talk directly with the new devs there
thanak Emilio. It seems to say I need an invitation?

To get an invite go to https://slack.vcash.info/
If you already have a slack account go to https://vcash.slack.com/

Invite Slack and Slack are different links as you see.
bugsywugsy

Activity: 176

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 04:11:25 AM

Where can I find instructions on how to upgrade an old vcash wallet (from like fall/winter) to the new one?

lynyx

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 10:08:29 AM

Where can I find instructions on how to upgrade an old vcash wallet (from like fall/winter) to the new one?
first backup the old wallet.dat!

extract/install v0.6.0.3 (rename/overwrite the old Vcash.exe or recompile)

there are two ways to upgrade and/or import the old wallet

1. edit the config.dat
change "deterministic": "1" to "deterministic": "0"
keep/copy the old wallet.dat

2. import private key of your old wallet
make sure you have the private key of your old wallet
rename wallet.dat and start vcash to create a new wallet.dat
use console/rpc command importprivkey
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:52:44 AM

Do you think increasing the incentive to create a incentive node might help..

I see some of the just copy and paste of dash with no actual developers coins are pumping hard on the basis of having masternodes.

I don't think people realise xvc has it's own masternode type system and offers a lot more than most of these copy and paste coins.

bugsywugsy

Activity: 176

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 04:42:41 PM

first backup the old wallet.dat!

extract/install v0.6.0.3 (rename/overwrite the old Vcash.exe or recompile)

there are two ways to upgrade and/or import the old wallet

1. edit the config.dat
change "deterministic": "1" to "deterministic": "0"
keep/copy the old wallet.dat

2. import private key of your old wallet
make sure you have the private key of your old wallet
rename wallet.dat and start vcash to create a new wallet.dat
use console/rpc command importprivkey

Solid, #1 worked like a charm, thanks.

galixxx

Activity: 149

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 10:25:33 AM

I see some of the just copy and paste of dash with no actual developers coins are pumping hard on the basis of having masternodes.

I don't think people realise xvc has it's own masternode type system and offers a lot more than most of these copy and paste coins.

just saw this thread and wanted to know hoy many XVC's I have to have to start a masternode?
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 12:08:53 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2017, 12:20:37 PM by groggin

just saw this thread and wanted to know hoy many XVC's I have to have to start a masternode?

we don't really have masternodes, but well connected peers running  on fast hardware can run an incentivized node(s)(as many as you want but only one incentivized node per IP), the collateral amt required to earn rewards is 10,000 XVC/peer instance

(anyone running the full ledger client can become an incentivized node)

more info - https://vcash.info/

https://docs.vcash.info/technologies/node-incentives/

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
galixxx

Activity: 149

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 12:25:11 PM

we don't really have masternodes, but well connected peers running  on fast hardware can run an incentivized node(s)(as many as you want but only one incentivized node per IP), the collateral amt required to earn rewards is 10,000 XVC/peer instance

(anyone running the full ledger client can become an incentivized node)

more info - https://vcash.info/

https://docs.vcash.info/technologies/node-incentives/

thx!
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:15:35 AM

the coin is working fine or there is fork risks , asking because in vcash forum there are post
regarding mining exploit , maybe is this why poloniex wallets are still disabled ?

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: