Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:34:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | STRATIS | The first blockchain developed for businesses |Full POS  (Read 1890780 times)
harvw

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 12:41:46 PM

Does anyone have details of nodes I can connect to speeden up the syncing process for the stratis QT 2.0.0.5 wallet?

The beginning of a new era.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rikki_Tikki_Tavi

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 01:06:18 PM

I am going to definitely try the staking. What is the minimum someone can stake to start getting rewards? And how frequent are the rewards?

Minimum staking value is 0.1 Strat, as defined in here: https://github.com/stratisproject/StratisBitcoinFullNode/blob/master/src/Stratis.Bitcoin.Features.Miner/Staking/PosMinting.cs:

"
        /// <summary>
        /// We don't stake coins that are smaller than 0.1 in order to save on CPU as these have a very small chance to be used
        /// to generate a block anyway.
        /// <seealso cref="https://github.com/stratisproject/StratisBitcoinFullNode/issues/1180"/>
        /// </summary>
"

Rewards depend on the total amount of strat being staked on the network. 1 new Strat is minted with every block (each 64 seconds). So if EVERY Strat was staking at once, then the rewards would be ~0.5% per year. As things stand, about 1/4 of the Strat supply is staking, so to work out the staking rewards you just have to divide 0.5% by the share of the network staking, i.e. 0.5% / (1/4) = 2%. So at the moment, if you're staking 25,000 Strat 24/7, you will be receiving roughly 500 Strat in rewards per year.

Staking does also receive fees associated with transactions contained in each block. So rewards will go up a little with overall network volume. As things stand, these are very small compared with the 1 Strat minted each block.

Staking is pseudorandom, so all of the above ROIs are averages. If you want to dig deeper into how the staking works, that above GitHub page tells you everything you need to know.

Hi Acetmesis, The wallet i downloaded won't sync; when will the updated wallets be released?

Huh
muleroaa

Activity: 924
Merit: 526

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 01:51:41 PM

https://twitter.com/clint_network/status/1101543403920199681

Cold Staking Progress is available on #Stratis.Guru (for mainnet and testnet) https://t.co/2drgHuF5zV

It seems this will stake a very long time to activate (with a 95% threshold) Sad

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
Sjacmur

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 02:29:12 PM

Yesterday was 10% today 9% to activate Sad
What we can do to make it faster ?
harvw

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 03:31:49 AM

having trouble syncing the stratis core 1.0.0 wallet
'Processed null out of 0 blocks' is the message I keep seeing for the last 2 hours now
is  there something else I need to do?

The beginning of a new era.
Khilone7

Activity: 952
Merit: 530

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 01:36:13 PM

https://twitter.com/Khil0ne/status/1102563185784176640

Recently I released my interviews with the only and only @dev0tion_ and @bokobza from @stratisplatform

Pieterjan: https://medium.com/khilone/interview-pieterjan-vanhoof-blockchain-developer-at-stratis-platform-9373b3cdd3c3

Jeremy: https://medium.com/khilone/interview-jeremy-bokobza-head-of-engineering-at-stratis-platform-f3dd27e25ec3

I will be releasing a new interview this Wednesday, stay tuned!

#Stratis $STRAT #SmartContracts

paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 03:06:20 PM

How many strat do you need to get a stake once a week?

Khilone7

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 04:21:28 PM

https://twitter.com/Khil0ne/status/1102604371509080064

A Stratis AMA Summary on https://twitter.com/publish0x from the AMA with https://twitter.com/chrisblockchain and https://twitter.com/crypto_copia

https://www.publish0x.com/stratis-fans/ama-stratis-platform-blockchain-made-simple-exciting-insights-into-the-blue-chip-of-crypto-xddjm

Khilone7

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 04:22:10 PM

How many strat do you need to get a stake once a week?

https://stratisfaq.com/staking-strat
Khilone7

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 04:58:29 PM

Stratis Weekly #60

https://medium.com/khilone/the-unofficial-weekly-stratis-retrospect-60-khilone-1357306a546e

https://twitter.com/Khil0ne/status/1102613482980237315

Khilone7

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 09:34:15 AM

https://twitter.com/Khil0ne/status/1102864679687413760

For crypto projects, one of their biggest assets is their community and for @stratisplatform this is the case.

Thanks to @JmEk4u and @cryptcurnews for your articles about @stratisplatform on @publish0x

- https://www.publish0x.com/bogdanel/events-for-stratis-in-near-future-xxvvo

- https://www.publish0x.com/cryptoladys-adventures-in-the-cryptospace/may-the-force-of-the-community-be-with-you-xmjmo

#Stratis $STRAT
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 09:50:14 AM

As i noticed some projects going to launch ICOs on Stratis? Does they have some advantages before competitors? (ETH, NEO, EOS etc.) How many TPS here?
amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 01:39:46 PM

it seems Stratis (STRAT) is now slowly becoming a forgotten project that has not received much attention because of the new competitors that continue to emerge. in the past I paid more attention to Stratis but for some reason a strong competitor suddenly changed my consistency and I also didn't hear the news that made it have value

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
template

Activity: 1085

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 03:40:54 PM

it seems Stratis (STRAT) is now slowly becoming a forgotten project that has not received much attention because of the new competitors that continue to emerge. in the past I paid more attention to Stratis but for some reason a strong competitor suddenly changed my consistency and I also didn't hear the news that made it have value

Yes, volume is low because marketing is not good.
Acetmesis

Activity: 74
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 03:53:55 PM

As i noticed some projects going to launch ICOs on Stratis? Does they have some advantages before competitors? (ETH, NEO, EOS etc.) How many TPS here?

Firstly, I guess it's important to point out that the Stratis ICO Platform is blockchain agnostic, so a project running an ICO through the Stratis ICO Platform is not limited to issuing a token on top of any one blockchain, but can instead choose that which they think suits them best. So that out of the way, we can look into some advantages/disadvantages of building on top of Stratis.

Transactions per second is a measure of throughput. Tps is an average taken over the block interval (txs per second = number of txs in a block / block interval in seconds), so it doesn't necessarily tell us a huge amount about the capabilities of a blockchain, but it is an easy to grasp measure to give us some sense of the capability of a blockchain at the blockchain level. Obviously, this measurement becomes meaningless as you move on to second layer techs.

For Stratis, the achievable throughput is effectively indefinite since the Stratis ecosystem employs sidechains, blockchains which are pegged to the Stratis mainchain in such a way that the coins of the sidechain in effect become Strat themselves. This means that it is possible to use Strat on a whole new blockchain, with different consensus rules, parameters etc. from the Stratis mainchain itself. If (for some reason) you need a higher throughput than is currently achievable in the Stratis ecosystem, you can create a new sidechain which gives you the throughput threshold you need. For most applications, this will be completely unnecessary, but it's good to know that it is an option.

The question you've raised, behind the question about transactions per second, is why Stratis over the competition? EOS and NEO both have such huge architectural problems (IMHO) that we can ignore them and concentrate on ETH vs Stratis, since ETH is in a league of its own above EOS and NEO.

To this end, here's a little ETH vs. Strat breakdown from my perspective, concentrating on the two main differences:

Solidity/EVM vs. C#/CLR

Bitcoin started it all off and had the first smart contracts. Using a purpose built language called Script, developers could build “smart contracts” which are basically a set of conditions which must be met in order for a transaction to be valid. For example, a very common smart contract is the multisig contract. This basically requires more than one signature to be valid. Thus, a smart contract is simply “money can move from here to here so long as this set of conditions is met in such a way that execution of the contract comes out “True””.

Bitcoin’s Script language is very limited by design and it is not Turing complete. Turing completeness refers to whether or not a language can be used to simulate any Turing machine. Non-Turing-complete languages are usually built for a very specific set of applications, whereas Turing-complete languages are usually designed with broader set of applications in mind.

Ethereum wanted to take the set-of-conditions-under-which-a-transaction-becomes-valid to the extreme and allow developers to build any non-trivial applications, all based around this idea of smart contracts. To do so they created their own virtual machine, the EVM, and designed an accompanying Turing-complete language called Solidity.

So why build the EVM and then design a language to suit that particular operational environment? Smart contracts offer a unique set of challenges. There are LOADS of considerations for smart contracts, you can’t have loops, must be deterministic, smaller code is better etc. Adapting existing virtual machines to smart contract development is a monumental task.

So the cheap answer is: building the EVM and Solidity from scratch was the easiest way of delivering on Ethereum’s promise of providing smart contract development with a Turing-complete language with sufficient confidence in security. (For a more complete answer, read through Buterin’s replies here: https://answers.thenextweb.com/s/vitalik-buterin-13gxQB)

The trade off is developers now have to use an unfamiliar operational environment. As Jordan Andrews (lead smart contract developer at Stratis) says: “frustrated with the “young” state of solidity and Ethereum smart contract development environments, I started craving bringing my favourite development environment (C# / .NET / Visual Studio) to blockchain development.” (https://hackernoon.com/a-token-smart-contract-executing-in-native-net-and-92ceaf972713) The .NET ecosystem is one of the best populated development environments that exist today, both in terms of tools available to devs and in terms of community support.

So, allowing smart contract development with .NET’s own VM (the CLR) is hard, but if the trade off is worth it? How come no one did it earlier? Well, in this case, Stratis has first mover advantage. CLR only became open source in 2015, and Stratis started out building on top of NBitcoin (C# implementation of Bitcoin built by Dorier, starting in 2015) so in some sense Stratis started life at the earliest possible moment.

In the years since, they’ve managed to deliver smart contracts with that promise; Developers can now:

- Create SCs in a familiar environment (.NET framework). Smart contracts already require devs to learn a whole new way of thinking about application engineering due to the constraints of achieving peer-to-peer consensus. Forcing them to learn a new language/dev environment raises that barrier to entry yet higher. With Stratis, that is not the case.

- .NET code which executes on chain. This means that Stratis smart contract code will behave in the same way as in any other C# application. Something which cannot be guaranteed when using a custom virtual machine (looking at you, NEO…).

- Access to all of the tools and broader benefits of the .NET framework, including established best practices, security auditing of code (made even easier since the code can be decompiled direct to the C# source code), fantastic support from the millions-strong C# dev community.

Stratis chose the hard option because they believe that the benefits outweighed the costs. There will be people who will make a strong case against Stratis’ decision. It’s not easy to take an unbiased position, so I think we will have to go the “the proof will be in the pudding” route and see how Stratis’ smart contracts stack up in terms of dev adoption.

It must also be said that executing CLR code comes with other challenges with regards to achieving consensus amongst executing nodes, and talking to ETH devs you'll get a few criticisms of this solution along these lines. These challenges required Stratis met them head on with solutions such as the coming Whitelisted Smart Contracts. Whitelisted Smart Contracts are the current solution and will be replaced by a more elegant solution in due course.

Deploying to mainchain vs. Deploying to sidechains

To do this part of the discussion justice we have to do some thinking about what a blockchain is. Not about what it does, or what it enables, but what it actually is (caveat - the following is an analogy: a heuristic to better communicate my point. As such, it is a model and we should bear in mind that “all models are wrong, but some are useful”. Hopefully this is useful).

A blockchain is waste. A blockchain is a necessary, but unfortunate, waste by-product of achieving peer-to-peer consensus on the system state of a cryptocurrency. A blockchain is not something you want, it’s something you need to get mutually untrusting parties to agree about the state of a cryptocurrency, i.e. where all the money is, the history, all information existing in the crypto itself. If it were possible to achieve true peer-to-peer consensus about the system state of a cryptocurrency without a blockchain, then it would be preferable to do so. However, it seems that it is not possible.

Over time this waste gets bigger and bigger and sometimes the waste is being produced at such a rate that it makes the cryptocurrency difficult to use.

We can usefully take the analogy further: a blockchain is a pile of waste and more waste is added to the pile with every block. Sometimes, so much waste is being produced at once that it becomes difficult to process it and more waste is being produced than is able to be added to the big blockchain pile. We’ve seen this happen with Bitcoin and Ethereum. Transaction fees were being pushed up by the mechanics of competition as congestion overwhelmed “waste management” and people were willing to pay higher prices to have their waste processed first.

Smart contracts compound this. A blockchain can become bogged down by smart contracts and by the transactions associated with smart contracts (plus things like Airdrops etc.). Smart contracts produce a lot of waste and it tends to be that the more sophisticated the smart-contract-based application, the more waste it produces.

The difficulties faced by Ethereum last year are prime examples of this. Smart contracts were making Ethereum unusable for large periods of time. As adoption grows, so too will the difficulties facing cryptocurrencies which do not have in place some sort of scaling solution.

Stratis’ solution is sidechains. A sidechain is a blockchain which is pegged to the Stratis mainchain in such a way that Strat must be locked up in order to use the sidechain. In this way, you can think about Sidechain as being a completely different blockchain which actually uses Strat! It’s a really neat solution. When you’re using a sidechain, you’re effectively using Strat but on a completely different blockchain (but it won’t say you’re using Strat, you’ll be dealing with the coin native to the sidechain, which will no doubt be called something else, but this coin cannot exist unless you lock Strat up in return). Thus all the waste is offloaded to a completely different pile, instead of being heaped onto the Stratis waste pile.

The Stratis mainchain does not support Stratis Smart Contracts. Only sidechains can be Stratis Smart Contract enabled. Thus all waste associated with Stratis smart contracts will be heaped onto sidechain waste piles rather than onto the Stratis waste pile. This means that the Stratis mainchain itself is left free to go about its business of processing transactions and maintaining the underlying economy to the Stratis ecosystem.

Ethereum has no such scaling solution. In my opinion, this is a much more clear cut advantage for Stratis.
Acetmesis

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 03:55:24 PM

Only way is to convince people to stake using Stratis Core. So a little way of helping might be to tell people you know to stake through Stratis Core.
frobley

Activity: 708

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 04:23:54 PM

Only way is to convince people to stake using Stratis Core. So a little way of helping might be to tell people you know to stake through Stratis Core.

there is no incentive for the largest stakers to do this, they will lose out.
I see little chance of this happening
Acetmesis

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 04:29:16 PM

there is no incentive for the largest stakers to do this, they will lose out.
I see little chance of this happening

Yeah, without a way of migrating to Core without having to create a transaction, large holders are incentivised to keep staking through the qt client.

Only way I can see it happening is if there are some other reasons to move to Core. Perhaps masternodes or some other feature of StratisD. I think that just straight up soft forking would be a slap to the face of the long-term stakers, but maybe it's worth it? I don't know personally. I can think of reasons for and against cold staking, so it's not really something that bothers me too much personally. However, having the majority of blocks being produced by StratisD clients does seem to me to be in the best interests of the overall network, so getting people to migrate under the guise of helping activate cold staking seems like one smart method.
igorttomic
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2019, 05:20:17 PM

Stratis - a Year in Review Smiley

https://www.publish0x.com/stratis-fans/stratis-a-year-in-review-2018-xwvrg

Check out Publish0x BitcoinTalk ANN here. Publish0x is a crypto agnostic publishing platform on which both authors and readers earn crypto. Connect via Telegram - http://t.me/Publish0x
Sjacmur

Activity: 882

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 05:45:11 PM

I cant do it because I have stratis on hardware wallet and my friends too. Everybody waiting for better price but nobody staking. Its dead end for hardware wallet stratis holders.
Nobody risk security for POS 1% /year.
Pages: « 1 ... 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 »
  Print  

Jump to: