Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:04:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your reason to gamble? Fun or profit?  (Read 78379 times)
Viyamore

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 07:13:03 AM

profit while having fun should never be removed with each other. This go together because once you remove your want of having profit then what's the point of getting the fun and once you remove fun then you'll surely ending up into addiction.

If you are into gambling you cannot do both if you want to succeed, know your goal in playing gambling first before you do it to avoid unpleasant result. If you are just gambling for fun, then do not ever after of the money, when you lose you will still enjoy because in the first place you already accepted gambling is a game of fun but risky, so you could lose your money as well.
I think what he trying to say chief is having a profit with fun as he enjoying playing then making a profit if he wons.
But i think he is wrong because FUN makes a people addicted to a game .just example i will play with no fun at all then whats the purpose i will not win also as i am lonely and not having an interest playing .
But i respect his perception about gambling .im just clarifying .

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      ..Powered by..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 07:58:55 AM

profit while having fun should never be removed with each other. This go together because once you remove your want of having profit then what's the point of getting the fun and once you remove fun then you'll surely ending up into addiction.

If you are into gambling you cannot do both if you want to succeed, know your goal in playing gambling first before you do it to avoid unpleasant result. If you are just gambling for fun, then do not ever after of the money, when you lose you will still enjoy because in the first place you already accepted gambling is a game of fun but risky, so you could lose your money as well.
I think what he trying to say chief is having a profit with fun as he enjoying playing then making a profit if he wons.
But i think he is wrong because FUN makes a people addicted to a game .just example i will play with no fun at all then whats the purpose i will not win also as i am lonely and not having an interest playing .

good point and this makes sense. there are really people who are playing just for fun whether they win or not - and the time they spent to gambling is very minimal as they have more very important and high-income activities or work that they laser focus to. Thus, gambling does not dictates their lives, it is just a form of entertainment and unwinding...
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 09:32:43 AM

good point and this makes sense. there are really people who are playing just for fun whether they win or not - and the time they spent to gambling is very minimal as they have more very important and high-income activities or work that they laser focus to. Thus, gambling does not dictates their lives, it is just a form of entertainment and unwinding...
Almost all rich people are looking for fun or entertainment not for profit but for poor people because they are lazy they are choosing to play and gamble to make a profit.. Thats why poor are still not become rich because of this attitudes.. if they are really want to be rich this is not a good place to make a profit.. there is no work easy almost all needs work hard to earn.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 10:21:38 AM

I gamble for fun mostly, I play poker so there is a chance that if I become really good I could see some profit but right now I am not at that level.
Oh, my close friends tell me totally different story, they say that the only reason they play poker is because they are good and they want to make money, they also said there is no fun at all ( when I asked if I should learn this game ) . Anyways its good you are playing for fun, but make sure you are not addicted.
Positid

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 10:51:26 AM

I gamble for fun mostly, I play poker so there is a chance that if I become really good I could see some profit but right now I am not at that level.
Oh, my close friends tell me totally different story, they say that the only reason they play poker is because they are good and they want to make money, they also said there is no fun at all ( when I asked if I should learn this game ) . Anyways its good you are playing for fun, but make sure you are not addicted.
Maybe your friend is a professional gambler and to be a professional you need to control your self and you will not use your emotion in the game, you are train for one purpose only to win and make money, with your emotions involve your  judgement will be affected.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Compa
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 10:53:53 AM

if you play in gambling everyday, it will make you become addicted.
you are playing for fun, but if you had lost of money
you would think it to get profit.

▄▄██████████████▄▄
             ▄███████████████████████▄
           █████████████████████████████
         ███▀▀█████▀▀ ██  ██  ▀▀██████████
        ██▀ ▄  ▀      ██  ██      ▀█████████
       █▀ ▄██▀        ██  ██        █████████
      ▀ ▄███▌      ███████████▄▄  ▄███████████
      ▄████▌        ▀██████████████████████████
    ▄██████     ██▄   ▀███████████████████████████▀
  ▄████████    █████▄▄  ▀███████████████████████▀
▄██████████    ████████▄  ▀███████████████████▀
    ███████    ██████████▄   ▀██████████████▀ ▄█
    ███████    ████████████▄▄  ▀██████████▀ ▄███
    ███████▌    ██████████████▄  ▀██████▀ ▄████
     ███████      ██████████████▄  ▀██▀ ▄██████
      ███████▄      ▀██████████▀      ████████
       ████████       ██  ██        █████████
        █████████▄    ██  ██     ▄██████████
          ██████████▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄███████████
            ████████████████████████████
              ▀██████████████████████▀
                  ▀▀████████████▀▀

LocalCoinSwap
   World's Most Inclusive 
         Cryptocurrency Marketplace
[]
██████████████
█████████████████
██░░░░░████████████
██░░░░░██████████████
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
REDDIT
INSTAGRAM
MEDIUM
LINKED IN
STEEMIT
Achargeturry78

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

Just follow the rules

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 11:01:21 AM

Nope why you are going to remove having fun with gambling ? If you don't allow fun in gambling to too boored and you will be get lost because of the other emotion you will get the excitement of playing gambling is making as more addiction not the if we remove the fun noo if we lose thats the reason why we want to play more.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 11:22:08 AM

if you are gambling everyday without any pause then you are an addict regardless of you losing money or not. because no normal person in the world has enough time for fun of gambling and never enough money to always keep having the fun of gambling and he is fooling himself if he does it every single day.

Buying the dip...
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 12:13:15 PM

if you are gambling everyday without any pause then you are an addict regardless of you losing money or not. because no normal person in the world has enough time for fun of gambling and never enough money to always keep having the fun of gambling and he is fooling himself if he does it every single day.

yeah I think it depends on what kind of gambling you're engaging yourself into. like for poker, it doesn't really rely on blind luck as you need to know how to play your cards so experience is very advantageous. a lot of very experienced poker players are actually playing for profit

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
chixka000

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 01:26:56 PM

Nope why you are going to remove having fun with gambling ? If you don't allow fun in gambling to too boored and you will be get lost because of the other emotion you will get the excitement of playing gambling is making as more addiction not the if we remove the fun noo if we lose thats the reason why we want to play more.

He is absolutely making other perspective throughout gambling. I doubt that this person is earning decent well correct me if am wrong tho but not having fun in gambling is really a bad hobbit you are just going to stress your self.
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 01:37:12 PM

Getting addicted from gambling is the result of having a desire to win everytime you gamble. Even if you gamble everyday, if you do it for fun then you can't call it addiction. If you are aware that you are losing money from it because you do it for fun and not to earn from it then i think it's okay.
victoryboy

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 01:37:31 PM

My reason of gambling is making some money from my favorite sports events. It is like maximizing your fun or entertainment to place bet on something which you are going to follow anyway. What is good I don't throw money on everything to make money. I am very choosy and can wait even for days to be on my favorite teams.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 02:15:04 PM

people treat and consider gambling as hobby and it's make they do it frequently and due gambling are an addictive thing , people gamble more often than the real hobby like playing music etc. people should gamble as occasional activty , not daily activity. with this way you can gamble for fun.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
arseaboy

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 02:37:57 PM

yeah I think it depends on what kind of gambling you're engaging yourself into. like for poker, it doesn't really rely on blind luck as you need to know how to play your cards so experience is very advantageous. a lot of very experienced poker players are actually playing for profit
yes there are lots of poker players that making money day by day and its been their profession already i think aiming for money needed a lots of experience and skills.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Universat

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 02:49:00 PM

Maybe your friend is a professional gambler and to be a professional you need to control your self and you will not use your emotion in the game, you are train for one purpose only to win and make money, with your emotions involve your  judgement will be affected.
gambling is a game of luck, either you are professional or not, but if you are lucky then your win is conform. although you skill and experience can help you a little but still you need your luck. and it is also a fact that if you are controlling your emotions then you can minimize your risk of loosing money,
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 03:14:18 PM

gambling is a game of luck, either you are professional or not, but if you are lucky then your win is conform. although you skill and experience can help you a little but still you need your luck. and it is also a fact that if you are controlling your emotions then you can minimize your risk of loosing money,

Skill and experience is a big help if you are gambling like playing pokers where your opponent is a real person and not the house edge. But if you gamble online like those dice sites then luck is your only chance to win and it seems impossible i think because the house is controlling your game.
shintosai

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 03:49:11 PM

Skill and experience is a big help if you are gambling like playing pokers where your opponent is a real person and not the house edge. But if you gamble online like those dice sites then luck is your only chance to win and it seems impossible i think because the house is controlling your game.
i played dice most of the time not for making profits but just to enjoy and try my luck i often lose since i dont have any edge against the house trying to change my strategy from time to time but nothing really happens for sure most of us here just enjoyed the excitement and fun from gambling but for the pro's i think they are aiming to win.

xvacator

Activity: 340
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 04:03:10 PM

i only gamble on offline, i am not trying to gamble for online. sometimes i gamble for make money but the other times, i am doing gamble for fun and its really fun when i gamble with my friends.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 04:10:50 PM

Poker is wonderful way to have fun there, that is true it's very profitable for skilled players and if we play more in our spare time than we can increase our skill and chance to make guaranteed profit by playing poker.
Yes, there is good profit if the player is experienced and has some big bankroll to digest loss. I have seen guys even taking investment from others for playing poker and they actually make profit and share it with others. Do you think it is really worth to invest with such people ? I won't blame if if  its not profitable but just a advice will be good.
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 07:24:54 PM

If you are not into gambling to make a profit then something is seriously wrong with you or you are just lying to yourself into thinking it is fun.
Where there is a chance of losing money is involved I doubt anyone would seriously say "That is Fun!" Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 188 »
  Print  

Jump to: