Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:32:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake  (Read 395473 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wolffang

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 08:55:52 PM

Earn free NXT(more NXT=more ARDR) tokens by the use of the sun!

Green energy staking by Community member @Zuqka
NXT Blockchain Solar Rig - 24/7 off grid.

Read more about it: https://goo.gl/xM7pQ7

#Nxt #Ardor #Solar #Blockchain #Green #BaaS #PoS
freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2016, 05:44:55 AM

2/3 of Ardor tokens remain up for grabs.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
wolffang

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 08:55:01 PM

Snapshots #Ardor stop in 8 weeks.
Buy #NXT and stake till 12 Oct  www.ardorplatform.org
wolffang

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 10:50:46 PM

Nxt / Ardor Real Life Use Cases
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@g-dubs/the-nxt-cryptocurrency-and-real-life-use-cases
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 02:42:22 AM

Ardor looks promising. Looking forward to it a lot. Smiley

ja23

Activity: 753
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 08:38:27 PM

I missed the initial announcement, but just got back into NXT to get some Ardor. There's two months left, so it's not too late. The value should be the NXT + the value or ARDOR. I just still a little confused of how child chains and the I think FNX all works, not being able to really visualize it. Like when I have ARDOR, what's the function of the FNX. (I think that's what it's called.)

Someone should create a video that would make the concept really clear for those just hearing about the concept, else the terms could be hard to understand for anyone casually reading.
freshman777

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 06:58:18 AM

I missed the initial announcement, but just got back into NXT to get some Ardor. There's two months left, so it's not too late. The value should be the NXT + the value or ARDOR. I just still a little confused of how child chains and the I think FNX all works, not being able to really visualize it. Like when I have ARDOR, what's the function of the FNX. (I think that's what it's called.)

Someone should create a video that would make the concept really clear for those just hearing about the concept, else the terms could be hard to understand for anyone casually reading.

Ardor is a forging chain, boss chain over all the child chains. The boss Ardor chain will not have utility functions, its purpose is to oversee that the decentralized consensus is maintained in the network. Functions of boss chain are few: maintaining consensus with forging, sending Ardor between accounts.
You must hold NXT to October 12, 2016 to receive Ardor.

****************** Banner Added For Visualization Wink****************

FNX is a default child chain. You must hold NXT to Q3 2017 to receive FNX.
Utility functions of child chains are: sending coins, arbitrary messages, asset exchange, voting, marketplace, coin shuffling, data cloud, something else I surely missed because there are too many. More utility functions will likely be added, you should check the Nxt client 1.10.1 in my sig, it's awesome. Apps are built around these utility functions of child chains.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
jacaf01

Activity: 742

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 07:30:41 AM

I will support your call for video tutorial on how the child chains do really work, too many to consume for we non technical crypto followers

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 09:25:32 AM

the "you should check out NEM" comments of suckers left behind on seemit make me want to puke

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 07:15:59 PM

Very strong support for NXT at around 5k. Big buying walls there could (emphasis on "could") point to a new significant spike as the countdown to snapshots ending reaches 8 more weeks... It's going to be interesting.
ja23

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 09:52:21 PM

Ardor is a forging chain, boss chain over all the child chains. The boss Ardor chain will not have utility functions, its purpose is to oversee that the decentralized consensus is maintained in the network. Functions of boss chain are few: maintaining consensus with forging, sending Ardor between accounts.

Utility functions of child chains are: sending coins, arbitrary messages, asset exchange, voting, marketplace, coin shuffling, data cloud, something else I surely missed because there are too many. More utility functions will likely be added, you should check the Nxt client 1.10.1 in my sig, it's awesome. Apps are built around these utility functions of child chains.

By forging, you mean like mining is for Bitcoin right? In order words, Ardor will be used to "forging" (which would be like mining for those not familiar with NXT) and trading. Right?
Videodrome

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

Free Julian Assange

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 11:42:47 PM

A simple question :

if i have some days with zero nxt balance how this affect my final balance of ardor?

thanks
StolenCoinSalesman

Activity: 385

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 11:47:37 PM

A simple question :

if i have some days with zero nxt balance how this affect my final balance of ardor?

thanks
Example

9000 nxt /(divide) by 90 days (snap shot period) = 100 nxt per day

100 nxt  x(multiplied) by the number of days you held nxt = your ardor estimated balance.

And the wallet displays the amount of actual ardor you have and updates it 2 times a day.
Videodrome

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

Free Julian Assange

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 12:21:47 AM

A simple question :

thanks
Example

9000 nxt /(divide) by 90 days (snap shot period) = 100 nxt per day

100 nxt  x(multiplied) by the number of days you held nxt = your ardor estimated balance.

And the wallet displays the amount of actual ardor you have and updates it 2 times a day.

Thank you so much for the explanation!
freshman777

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 05:25:15 AM

By forging, you mean like mining is for Bitcoin right? In order words, Ardor will be used to "forging" (which would be like mining for those not familiar with NXT) and trading. Right?

Right. Forging is Nxt's term for staking. Staking is mining in the proof-of-stake world.
Ardor will be a staking token. FNX will be a business token on the first default child chain.
Other child chains will be added as the project matures - companies, communities of people should be able to create their own blockchain under consensus protection of the Ardor chain. If there is demand for blockchains in the future, creating a blockchain on the Ardor platform will be cheaper and headache-free for them. Companies outsource production to where production is more cost effective all the time. It will be much more cost effective and *secure* for them to run a blockchain on the Ardor platform.

You will be able to trade Ardor. Ardor tokens are like your Bitcoin mining asic gear that you can buy and sell, think of them as virtual asics. The difference is Bitcoin mining gear is outdated every few months because they invent new better ones. Ardor tokens can't be outdated, there are 999 million of them, there can't ever be more. Unlike outdating bitcoin mining gear, the forging power of 1 Ardor token is constant.

ja23

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 05:30:26 AM

A simple question :

thanks

I believe the calculation is ((NXT Balance * (Days Left))/90)
freshman777

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 05:35:50 AM

A simple question :

thanks

Not exactly. The ardor balance is calculated every hour. 2160 snapshots in 90 days.

ja23

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 05:46:17 AM

Right. Forging is Nxt's term for staking. Staking is mining in the proof-of-stake world.
Ardor will be a staking token. FNX will be a business token on the first default child chain.
Other child chains will be added as the project matures - companies, communities of people should be able to create their own blockchain under consensus protection of the Ardor chain. If there is demand for blockchains in the future, creating a blockchain on the Ardor platform will be cheaper and headache-free for them. Companies outsource production to where production is more cost effective all the time. It will be much more cost effective and *secure* for them to run a blockchain on the Ardor platform.

You will be able to trade Ardor. Ardor tokens are like your Bitcoin mining asic gear that you can buy and sell, think of them as virtual asics. The difference is Bitcoin mining gear is outdated every few months because they invent new better ones. Ardor tokens can't be outdated, there are 999 million of them, there can't ever be more. Unlike outdating bitcoin mining gear, the forging power of 1 Ardor token is constant.

Thank you.
ja23

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 05:55:28 AM

A simple question :

thanks

Not exactly. The ardor balance is calculated every hour. 2160 snapshots in 90 days.

Well yeah, but I'm just rounding it out to the day, since it's easier to understand.

((NXT Balance * (Days Left * 24))/((90*24)-Hours passed today))

I think that's a correct calculation. There's different ways to get to the same conclusion. I'm just doing it for fun.
violet.project

Activity: 98
Merit: 24

Fras Coin - Customer Service

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 04:43:30 PM

NXT and ARDOR still the best options, save currency haven

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: