Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:39:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bASIC BTC refunds list - v2.0  (Read 13373 times)
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 03:47:11 PM

UPDATE:
After a few days, few emails to tom... as of today Im finally fully refunded =)
He apologized for a mixup on the spreadsheet which lead to only being refunded 3BTC at first.
The nice thing is, he honored the rest of the refund at the 75$ rate of a few days ago rather than the 90+ rate of today...
So, Im a happier camper now.

So, mark me as fully refunded in the OP =)

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dani

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

..yeah

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 04:17:16 PM

I wrote some emails too, to check on my btc adress (i gave him a old one, not working anymore). Today I got refunded 3 of my 4 devices (all paid with BTC, the 4th paid by CC was taken care I guess and should arrive any day now)
Got 34.15 btc (at rate 95$ 3244$) which is not quite 3397$, so I can't say I got on 75$ course or something.

Anyway, thanks Tom for going through this. It's a lot easier to screw this than refunding people. Thanks!

Hai
real1510

Activity: 265
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 04:30:25 PM

Quote from: Thomas Van Riper
you will receive your payment on 03/22 not 03/14

Guess what! It's friday again and the promised refund is still outstanding.

Um... Its Thursday?

Ups, you are right. This means Tom did miss his promised date by only 6 days. I wrote a mail but did not receive a response. I don't know what you guys do to get your refund but it seems that some people are ignored by Tom.
fred0

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 09:18:15 PM

Still waiting....not happy...
iambaboon (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

bitcoin afficionado

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 10:35:42 PM

Looks like bigger orders were not preferred. Unfortunately, these are the people who put most trust into bASIC

"Emergencies" have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded. (F. Hayek)
drakness

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 02:20:16 AM

Yep... so sad.  Still.  Disappointing every day.
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 11:33:58 AM

What email address are you guys using to reach him? None of my emails has been responded to so far!
No refund neither etc.

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 11:50:34 AM

He has been responding to my emails to btcfpga@gmail.com. I expect my remaining refunds today.

PulsedMedia

Activity: 402

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 12:21:59 PM

He has been responding to my emails to btcfpga@gmail.com. I expect my remaining refunds today.

yeap have tried that one as well multiple times. Yet to receive any reply.

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
dmcurser

Activity: 502

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 12:44:31 PM

Dear tom for once why not stop lieing tell the truth and be honest with the ppl.

did you
a.  I sold most of these coins at around $15
or
b. I did not hold on to any money (aka also as being sold instantly via bitpay.

didn't the asici website have an issues for a while not accepting bitpay or there was issuse with it

also why did you boldly lie to all of us that you would start btc refunds on the 23 jan if that was not your intentions. you posted it why didnt you stick with it.

you also posted on your forums that none of the pre order money was being used in the developmental of the asic why did you say this if it wasn't true and if my statment isnt ture and no preorder money was used then what was done with our money that you were unable to buy back in all of our btc at the value of the week following  your post of refunds being refunded 23rd of jan.

where does the project actually fall in terms of being complete .

edit also can electric.

edit edit also what was your reson for taking down bitcoin aic forum after i post ss of your post on this forum

answer these questions and i will leave you along i will forget that i trade a bar worth more in value even at the time of are contractual agreement then your asci. If not atleast be a man and email me  your name and something else so when i do file my claim we make sure we get the right tom. no reason to ruin somone else life this is your mess you need to live with it.

still no answer from tom on any of the above

also still waiting on the
If your refund seems around .8 btc short its because I am doing all the DHL refunds at the same time. its just easier that way - the way this spreadsheet is setup.
.8 btc owed

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
kwoody

Activity: 454

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:34:22 PM

Tom owes me $2759 from 2 orders made in October, no refund yet again so far today.
Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 03:08:04 AM

I just received a refund for the rest of my orders, so all is settled between Tom and I now.

To anyone still waiting for a refund, I recommend emailing a polite reminder to Tom at btcfpga@gmail.com.

mrno12

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 03:43:51 AM

I just received a refund for my order.
I did email Tom this morning and got my replay this evening.

Order 12xx
Thanks Tom

Davor

cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 06:27:21 AM

If people think I am only refunding small orders they are completely wrong.

I have so far refunded all my refunds 10k and over including a 26k order.

Today I refunded orders ranging from $60-$6000

and the BTC I had is now gone.

This is taking a little longer than I thought because people are emailing me about orders that were not added by dave to the original spread sheet.

The good news is I have made a deal with someone who has a large amount of Bitoins and we have a payment system were I can buy them everyday.

So instead of doing refunds on just fridays, I will be doing small amount of refunds every single day.

If you did not get one today I am sorry, I am out of Bitcoin and yes it does help to email me in a polite way.

Like anyone else on the earth I respond much better to polite understanding people than I do to beligerant angry people who yell and threaten me.

Like I said from the beginning, EVERY SINGLE PERSON WILL BE REPAID.

I am not a scammer, if I was a scammer I could of easily taken the 1.5 + million dollars and go some place where no one could find me and live like a king
however that is not my style. For one I am a Christian, it does not mean I think I am better than anyone else I am a sinner just like  everyone else in the world, and for two I believe in some sort of karma, and this refunding process is something that I must resolve or I will never be able to move on with my life.

If I could pay you all back today , I would but this is the way it has to work, I am lucky I was able to make this arrangement - I should be able to refund $3k worth of refunds every single day this week, and make a bigger run on this friday from my other coin purchasing connection.

Today I sent out about $15K worth of refunds.

I hope everyone has a wonderful easter weekend, You will not see me log back into this account until next friday and I will give you an update of where we are at that time, Please remember a polite email to btcfpga@gmail.com will get you much farther than blowing up the forum thread, making threats and acting like a child.

I am manning up on this situation and making it right, I need a little more time to complete it, but we are almost there.

I guarantee you, this scammer tag will be gone before BFL ships a single ASIC.

If I was not in debt I would place a bet on it - but all I can do right now is make the guarantee

BFL has been holding onto millions of pre-order monies for almost a year, they continue to make excuses and have still not proven that they have any working prototype what so ever. On the website they show BFL FPGA singles with the cases off as the product picture. The Proof they give is photo-shopped incomplete boards. I am sorry but I do not see a BFL ASIC shipping any time soon if ever. I am pointing this out because I personally believe they are having the same problems that I had. Sonny is no more technologically skilled than I am , and no matter how much money you throw at a project if you dont have the right people and the right connections you will never get anywhere. The group of people who can design an asic that can mine Bitcoins is extremely small and most of them have their own projects. Josh has become more and more bizzarre and out of touch with reality. The house of cards at BFL is about to fall and again the only reason I am pointing this out is because at least I had the balls to admit that my project failed and I am making reparations to get everyone their money back. I could easily lie and deceive just like they are doing and string everyone along for months and months and continue to collect money but that is the difference between a legit guy like myself and you know who. Don't take my word for it, just read the forums, look past the lies and see whats really going on. I am the one with the scammer tag but I guarantee you if BFL fails at this project not a single one of you will see a refund from them outside of a court order.

Thats my two cents for the week. Thank you to everyone for being so incredibly patient. We are very close to closing out all these refunds and like I said they will be coming in on a daily basis now, which I hope helps you all.

As always contact me at btcfpga@gmail.com and you are guaranteed a response within 24 hours. All other email addresses that were used for BTCFPGA - you will get no response - you must email the gmail account. I am doing this as a way to keep record of all Refund related email and not have it mixed in with other things.

Thank you and have a  good night - It hurt me badly to receive this scammer tag from people I consider my brothers but I realize why It happened and I dont blame them. Anything I said negative to anyone about it, please accept my apology.

Tom

senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:16:14 AM

Another week without a refund.

Pretty sure he's only refunding people who contact him with no intention of paying back people who don't contact him.

Bart31

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 09:20:27 AM

For the records: I got refunded by Tom.

Order #: 56x
Paid in: CC
Dev : 1x 54Ghz unit
Date Requested: Jan 8th
Paid: Refund received on 22 march 2013

Order #: 15xx
Paid in: BTC
Dev : 1x 27Ghz unit
Paid: Refund received on 29 march 2013

Order #: 20xx
Paid in: BTC
Dev : 1x 27Ghz unit
Paid: Refund received on 29 march 2013

Thanks Tom!

Bart
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 10:21:38 AM

Another week without a refund.

Pretty sure he's only refunding people who contact him with no intention of paying back people who don't contact him.

Hum... From what you just wrote I'm not sure you realize there are only 2 possibilities in your case:
  • You choose not contacting him for the fun of ranting about a scam
  • You did and got a refund

For the record, I did contact Tom giving him the information needed for a refund (order numbers, amounts, ordering dates and refund address). He refunded me weeks later notifying me that he couldn't find me in Dave's refund list.

As Dave confirmed he transferred my request in the latest refund list I suspect Tom missed it or swapped the list with an older one by error. The guy probably lacks organization skills or was out of touch when the ship sinked (it would match how he apparently managed the bASIC engineering/production). If you didn't get a refund yet and didn't contact him you might only be an email away (and some weeks) from getting your money back.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
real1510

Activity: 265
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 12:15:47 PM

As I already expected, there was no refund despite the promise to refund me on Friday 22.

BTW, in my mails I only asked if my refund addresses are available and why the refund was not made as promised. Most of my mails were never answered.  Undecided Angry
dmcurser

Activity: 502

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 12:28:32 PM

Dear tom for once why not stop lieing tell the truth and be honest with the ppl.

did you
a.  I sold most of these coins at around $15
or
b. I did not hold on to any money (aka also as being sold instantly via bitpay.

didn't the asici website have an issues for a while not accepting bitpay or there was issuse with it

also why did you boldly lie to all of us that you would start btc refunds on the 23 jan if that was not your intentions. you posted it why didnt you stick with it.

you also posted on your forums that none of the pre order money was being used in the developmental of the asic why did you say this if it wasn't true and if my statment isnt ture and no preorder money was used then what was done with our money that you were unable to buy back in all of our btc at the value of the week following  your post of refunds being refunded 23rd of jan.

where does the project actually fall in terms of being complete .

edit also can electric.

edit edit also what was your reson for taking down bitcoin aic forum after i post ss of your post on this forum

answer these questions and i will leave you along i will forget that i trade a bar worth more in value even at the time of are contractual agreement then your asci. If not atleast be a man and email me  your name and something else so when i do file my claim we make sure we get the right tom. no reason to ruin somone else life this is your mess you need to live with it.

still no answer from tom on any of the above

also still waiting on the
If your refund seems around .8 btc short its because I am doing all the DHL refunds at the same time. its just easier that way - the way this spreadsheet is setup.
.8 btc owed

Yet you still don't answer any of these questions which more then likely either will completely exonerate or completely incriminate  you.

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
Uncle Scrooge

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 04:51:44 AM

Order ID: #466  Refunded 2/22/13   $1099.99
Order ID: #1590 Refunded 3/29/13  $1099.99

I emailed cablepair at btcfpga@gmail.com on 3/28/13 asking about my 2nd refund and he paid me my 2nd refund on 3/29/13.

Update Cablepair has paid me back in full !!

Thank You
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: