Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:39:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bASIC BTC refunds list - v2.0  (Read 13373 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 12:47:29 AM

Who would have guessed that at this point Tom would be more honorable and trustworthy than BFL. Good on you tom for not just fucking off with the cash.
+ 1

Also, when everything has been paid back i vouch for "de-scammer" tagging him.

The mess is still ugly, but I concur.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 07:33:25 AM

WTF?! he didnt refund me either! He said last week in email I would be on this fridays list to receive refund. Still fucking havent.........

A lot of people received a mail that Tom will refund them on friday. I think not a single one really get any refund. Maybe the previous refund reports are only fake - check the original list in post #1!
rampone

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

dafq is goin on

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 08:37:06 AM

WTF?! he didnt refund me either! He said last week in email I would be on this fridays list to receive refund. Still fucking havent.........

A lot of people received a mail that Tom will refund them on friday. I think not a single one really get any refund. Maybe the previous refund reports are only fake - check the original list in post #1!

actually i got mine on that friday. unbelievable, but i got it. maybe my writing of: people who ordered basiclater  and requested refund later than me have been refunded already.

But as far as i saw, not many refunds went out friday.

I am still mad, that this took so long, batch2 avalon opportunity gone for me with the delayed refund..., and batch 3 is not an option...

speculation *on*: friday refunds, as its historically the dy with the highest btc price right before weekend dip? speculatius: there was a time with no refunds that accidentally was at the same time as avalon batch 2?? speculatius *off*

http://virwox.com - Bitcoins via CCard, Skrill, paysafe, paypal & SEPA
Convert your bitcoin into spendable fiat money in less than 2 days. Poker Players use this method to avoid "unnecessary trouble" with the country they live in ... PM me for details. +1:naz86,b4nana,tinua,smart1986,fhh
BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 10:08:04 AM

I got a refund on Friday. Progress seems to continue, albeit probably more slowly than some of us would like.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
RaTTuS

Activity: 792
Merit: 1000

Bite me

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 10:15:00 AM

not a suasage so far

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
mezzomix
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 10:26:50 AM

Did Tom promise you to pay the refund friday last week? Well, as we all know Tom is a notorious liar.
gyverlb

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 11:33:33 AM

Apparently the original list isn't maintained anymore. You can check my post and verify for yourself that the address listed in it received the 32BTC as I said earlier. As anyone here could theoretically be Tom under disguise or someone paid by him to make false claim you can check the account history of everyone claiming to have been refunded. If Tom would have paid some people he wouldn't have done so with many (too much risk of one of them leaking information): at most 2 or 3 accomplices is doable for this kind of scam so fake refunds can't be made by many people.
If you find that most accounts claiming to have been refunded where created post bASIC failure then you have a reason to believe than most reports are faked otherwise this is just paranoia (he would have involved tens of people in the scam or created tens of fake accounts months before even announcing bASIC: you can check this later possibility with forum admins, they should have the IP addresses used to create each account).

I don't have to be convinced that refunds are happening anymore, but this is how I checked that there was indeed some progress before (and Tom's behavior was consistent with what I expected from the little I knew about him and a business owner faced with complete failure).

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
iambaboon (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

bitcoin afficionado

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:13:20 PM

It's ok, probably missed your post.

"Emergencies" have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded. (F. Hayek)
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:43:35 AM

So this is odd.... Im in the OP .. can see my 630$ order there...
Tonight tom sends me this email:
"I apologize I have been trying very hard to keep in contact

usually I do refunds on fridays but yours is small enough I can do it now

thank you for your patience and sorry the bASIC project failed

Tom
"

I see a woppin 3BTC in my wallet! ... um... 3BTC <> 630$ .... seriously, wtf tom?!
To the OP .. please update my entry in the list I guess .. partial payment of 3BTC....

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
mezzomix
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 06:28:05 AM

GenTarkin: Everything is fine, Tom assumed that the rate will be 200 in a few weeks and is already using this new rate. Otherwise you have to wait until the bitcoin reaches this 200!

Well see it the other way - you are one of the lucky people getting some payment. A lot of others - including me - did not get a single satoshi. Did Tom promise you a payment?
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 02:15:17 PM

Tom, come on seriously!
Glad some of u got ur refund =)

Hey, he atleast replied to you! For me... Not even that.

I guess going the legal action route is pretty much the only thing now

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 02:41:36 PM

GenTarkin: Everything is fine, Tom assumed that the rate will be 200 in a few weeks and is already using this new rate. Otherwise you have to wait until the bitcoin reaches this 200!

Well see it the other way - you are one of the lucky people getting some payment. A lot of others - including me - did not get a single satoshi. Did Tom promise you a payment?

huh? naw this is not cool... he needs to do it at 'current rate' not some supposed forecasted rate. I highly doubt BTC will be 200$ anytime soon =P

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:10:51 PM

I got my last order refunded and am glad to put this behind.

For what its worth, thanks for the Refunds.

cheers

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
troc

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:06:55 PM

Order 1886  (shipping upgrade) refunded. All my orders are now refunded.

Many thanks.
real1510

Activity: 265
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 01:21:28 PM

Quote from: Thomas Van Riper
you will receive your payment on 03/22 not 03/14

Guess what! It's friday again and the promised refund is still outstanding.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 01:22:25 PM

Quote from: Thomas Van Riper
you will receive your payment on 03/22 not 03/14

Guess what! It's friday again and the promised refund is still outstanding.

Um... Its Thursday?

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
server
Legendary

Activity: 892

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 01:50:08 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2013, 02:27:13 PM by server

Order 1886  (shipping upgrade) refunded. All my orders are now refunded.

Many thanks.

Congrats!

I don't understand why Tom does not process refunds of the lower ordernumbers... there are quite a few unpaid PO<1000

Looks like just a few random refunds.

Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 02:03:41 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2013, 09:50:29 PM by Gator-hex

Who would have guessed that at this point Tom would be more honorable and trustworthy than BFL. Good on you tom for not just fucking off with the cash.
+ 1

If the money cannot be given back promptly one has to suspect it has been spent.
If it's coming back in drips and drabs one could suspect it was spent on a mining farm and he's mining back the money.
If you use a pre-order to obtain a free loan for equipment or investment that is still a scam, it's called an arbitrage scam. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_and_wire_fraud

miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 02:09:42 PM

+ 1

If the money cannot be given back promptly one has to suspect it has been spent.
If it's coming back in drips and drabs one could suspect it was spent on a mining farm and he's mining back the money.
If you use a pre-order to obtain a free loan for equipment or investment that is still a scam, it's called an arbitrage scam.

Concur on the above from Gator ->  also should remain a listed "scammer" ->

hypothetical "if " - tommy screwed people whom may have used their "pre-order" funds towards an Avalon batch 1 and possibly 2.. (I know diversify is a good general rule, but sometimes that may not be an option for most)

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
pyromaniac

Activity: 639

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 03:42:48 PM

User: pyromaniac
Order: #1980
Paid in: BTC
Amount: $ $1,099.99
Date Requested: End of Decrmner 2012