Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 11:52:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRM] Verium PoWT | CPU mining | scrypt² | Scaling | New Roadmap Released  (Read 249900 times)
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 06:06:19 PM

Is it hard to make a pool for this ? At current network hashrate its pretty impossible to find a block with a single PC. How low will the reward go btw ? it started at 17~ and now its 7~.

It seems somebody already probably managed to create a GPU miner and is not willing to share it but will be looking to sell it to other people once that person has mined a good amount of coins.

Would be able to see which address is mining the largest amount on the block explorer, I'm not seeing that...

Nope, if you're mining to your own wallet it just generates a new address for every found block Smiley

Is there a (publc) external CPU miner yet ? From what I see this is just a modified scrypt-n version..

I'd build a pool if I'd have something to test with and it's easier to build the pool than the miner Smiley

Contact the Devs, they might be able to help you out with any technical stuff

Well.. Who are the Devs and how can they be contacted ?! :-)

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
pnosker

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:09:01 PM

If anyone is having trouble importing the VRM address from the ICO or from the top 250 balance/staker bounty, please follow these instructions: http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/vrm-import-guide.pdf

It worked like champ for me, without instructions, its as simple as export key in VRC wallet and import key into Verium wallet. Instant coins!

Hi!
 I try that wallet guide but It did not work.. I did not receive my coins from Bittrex Exchange.. Sad How can I receive my coins? Pls guide me.. Sad Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Cry Cry Cry Cry

ICO was very clear not to use an EXHANGE ADDRESS, contact the Devs let them know the time you sent, the amount you sent and the address you sent the VRC from, you will probably need to send a small amount to prove you own the address. They are good guys and if they can help they will, you might be out of luck tho....fingers crossed for you Smiley

Sorry, all ICO coins were already premined and sent out, we can't help you if you didn't follow the instructions carefully and not use an exchange address. The exchange may be able to help, but we can't.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
pnosker

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:09:16 PM

Is it hard to make a pool for this ? At current network hashrate its pretty impossible to find a block with a single PC. How low will the reward go btw ? it started at 17~ and now its 7~.

It seems somebody already probably managed to create a GPU miner and is not willing to share it but will be looking to sell it to other people once that person has mined a good amount of coins.

Would be able to see which address is mining the largest amount on the block explorer, I'm not seeing that...

Nope, if you're mining to your own wallet it just generates a new address for every found block Smiley

Is there a (publc) external CPU miner yet ? From what I see this is just a modified scrypt-n version..

I'd build a pool if I'd have something to test with and it's easier to build the pool than the miner Smiley

Send us an email: vericoin@vericoin.info

ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 06:10:02 PM

Can't "you" just post a cpu miner on github or so ?

MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:10:53 PM

LOL....man people are seriously getting lazier and lazier on the interwebs! Roll Eyes

Vericoin Devs

Douglas Pike, Pat Nosker, David Boehm and Steve Woods

http://www.vericoin.info/#team
MAD945

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:13:43 PM

The Devs just went through a huge release here....give them a little a little bit of a break!

If you want it that bad why not do it yourself?
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 06:16:53 PM

The Devs just went through a huge release here....give them a little a little bit of a break!

Huge release ?!

OH sorry, I've forgotten they just reprogrammed the internet and need some rest Smiley

A huge release would it have been with CPU Miner, GPU Miner, maybe an official pool etc..

pnosker

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:18:17 PM

Sure, if I write a standalone one. But I don't have time to do that. You asked how we could be contacted-- so I told you. Scrypt squared is Scrypt with an N-factor of 19 (or 20 depending on what you consider N of 1). It's easy to see in the source. I modified common GPU scrypt N code for our factor and it's significantly slower than just mining on the CPU due to memory limitations. We prefer solomining, at least in the beginning so that consensus is protected. You're welcome to start a pool, and we'll help, but we're not going to make a standalone miner for Verium.

MAD945

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:28:37 PM

Huge release ?!

OH sorry, I've forgotten they just reprogrammed the internet and need some rest Smiley

A huge release would it have been with CPU Miner, GPU Miner, maybe an official pool etc..

Your being ridiculous...I love how everyone here expects the moon, the stars and everything between. These guys are volunteering their own free time to develop something that could be game changing.
loopt

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:31:51 PM

HI !

I'm new to Verium.

I noticed you released your minig software yesterday.

I'd like to install it on a headless server so there's no GUI.

Is there a command line only equivalent of the miner ?

Thanks for helping Smiley

Cheers
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 06:34:16 PM

Huge release ?!

Your being ridiculous...I love how everyone here expects the moon, the stars and everything between. These guys are volunteering their own free time to develop something that could be game changing.

Well..  A lot of people here volunteer their free time, so I don't see anything special.

However, I don't expect the moon and the stars, especially not here but I just asked if there is a cpu miner available or not..  Obviously there is no public version -  yet -,  so I'll just build my own and share it with you ...  In my free time...

pnosker

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:34:32 PM

HI !

I'm new to Verium.

I noticed you released your minig software yesterday.

I'd like to install it on a headless server so there's no GUI.

Is there a command line only equivalent of the miner ?

Thanks for helping Smiley

Cheers

It's easy to compile this on Linux. Assuming you have all the dependencies as noted in the verium readme folder, you will just have to clone http://github.com/veriumreserve/verium, go to src, then make -f makefile.unix. The in ~/.verium you will create a file verium.conf with at least these lines:

addnode=vrmsupernode.vericoin.info
addnode=vrmsupernode3.vericoin.info
gen=1
daemon=1

That will get you mining. If you want to be able to RPC connect to it, add the appropriate rpcuser=, rpcpassword=, server=1 lines to it.

pnosker

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:35:49 PM

Huge release ?!

Well..  A lot of people here volunteer their free time, so I don't see anything special.

However, I don't expect the moon and the stars, especially not here but I just asked if there is a cpu miner available or not..  Obviously there is no public version -  yet -,  so I'll just build my own and share it with you ...  In my free time...

Yea we never built a standalone one (no private version from us either), but we wouldn't expect a significant performance difference. All my attempts to get GPUs to mine Verium were fruitless with a Radeon 480 hashing at roughly 1/8th my Core i7 3770K and GTX 980 at 1/10th.

MAD945

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:38:42 PM

Huge release ?!

Fair enough...I wish you luck...Sorry for being a dick Wink
destroyallhumans

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:41:34 PM

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

that volunteering argument went out the window when the devs decided to hold an ico
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 06:43:18 PM

Because mining with a GPU won't be faster as CPU mining.

_@/'
MAD945

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:47:01 PM

[/quote]
[/quote]

that volunteering argument went out the window when the devs decided to hold an ico
[/quote]

Ok...quite your job...quite your family...quite your life...and dedicate it to crypto. Sure, that will work Roll Eyes
destroyallhumans

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:58:52 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2016, 07:10:47 PM by destroyallhumans

for many that has worked quite well... but that is not what i said.

before the ico that volunteer excuse would work...

but after running the ico, specifically asking for money the devs obligations and responsibilities have

increased.  they now have the money they asked for.

so that argument no longer holds weight.

pnosker

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 07:02:43 PM

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

For what it's worth, I agree. It was easy to say we were doing it all for free before. Now we can't say that. But, we did deliver what we said we did (working wallets with the new tech we proposed). So I'm pretty happy. Miners can mine. If they want to mine using a pool, that's cool-- they can use other software to do that.

cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 07:26:07 PM

Can someone explain to me how does Veriswap from the "Send" button work in the wallet? is it just for people who got in for the ICO? or can I exchange my Verium directly for Vericoin? if so what's the exchange rate?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: