Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:56:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfinex HACKED - funds stolen !  (Read 32116 times)
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 01:55:42 AM

What exactly am I supposed to do with my newly acquired 141 BFX tokens? Since I live in the US and the trading of them will be limited for me, are they just there to remind me of my folly?  Cheesy
I believe that the PR guy has said that US customer will be able to withdraw them. I suspect that this will allow for OTC trading of them and possibly trading of them on other exchanges.

tht would be nice, who knows maybe we will end up with getting our money back, even if it takes months of holding/selling tokens...   

#Searchingforasilverlining

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 02:36:20 AM

What exactly am I supposed to do with my newly acquired 141 BFX tokens? Since I live in the US and the trading of them will be limited for me, are they just there to remind me of my folly?  Cheesy
I believe that the PR guy has said that US customer will be able to withdraw them. I suspect that this will allow for OTC trading of them and possibly trading of them on other exchanges.

tht would be nice, who knows maybe we will end up with getting our money back, even if it takes months of holding/selling tokens...   

#Searchingforasilverlining

I'm probably just going to liquidate ASAP and leave Bitfinex. The sooner that I can forget this bad memory, the better. Hope you can finesse these tokens in a boon for you rather than a boondoggle.
BTC Loading

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

if you believe you can succeed

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 03:29:32 AM

This illegal exchanger (https://www.bitfinex.com/) is hacked.  120K BTC was stolen(aprox 60 mil USD) !

http://www.coindesk.com/bitfinex-shuts-down-customer-bitcoin-stolen/

It's so funny when they write "The theft is being reported to — and we are co-operating with — law enforcement."   What law enforcement when YOU are running an  illegal forex company(without licenses) ?!?!  Grin  

They are liars and morons and full of vanity(they know everything, they are beyond any problem, they are GODS)...This vanity brought down almost all the exchangers.

THE ARE LIARS THAT IS AN INSIDE JOB NO MONEY WAS STOLEN
CjMapope
Legendary

Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 03:33:16 AM

This illegal exchanger (https://www.bitfinex.com/) is hacked.  120K BTC was stolen(aprox 60 mil USD) !

It's so funny when they write "The theft is being reported to — and we are co-operating with — law enforcement."   What law enforcement when YOU are running an  illegal forex company(without licenses) ?!?!  Grin  

They are liars and morons and full of vanity(they know everything, they are beyond any problem, they are GODS)...This vanity brought down almost all the exchangers.

THE ARE LIARS THAT IS AN INSIDE JOB NO MONEY WAS STOLEN

o? no money was stolen?  then wheres MY money? ;(   

no but in all seriousness you may be right friend, sadly we will never know, find out, or recover imo ;(

wish they would atleast release the TXID's, even if just to those who lost money, one would think we have SOME kinda rights to ALTEAST that...

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 03:49:35 AM

o? no money was stolen?  then wheres MY money? ;(   

no but in all seriousness you may be right friend, sadly we will never know, find out, or recover imo ;(

wish they would atleast release the TXID's, even if just to those who lost money, one would think we have SOME kinda rights to ALTEAST that...
Coins maybe sent to mixers or some gambling site to launder by now. The security breach that happened last June may have been a dry run of what they are planning and claiming for another breach. It's very odd that you were hit already with a breach then 2 months later hit again by another breach.
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 03:52:33 AM

I'm feel sorry for people who lost money. Situation is very confusing for me, why people used this exchanger if there is licensed one. Where we can find list of licensed exchangers?
   I didn't start to trade, I'm just reading about that and this situation made me a bit worried. I would like to protect my money, and licensed exchangers probably have better security and maybe even some insurance in this kind of cases. Does anyone here trade on some licensed exchanger? Which one?
mayax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 08:47:47 AM

I'm feel sorry for people who lost money. Situation is very confusing for me, why people used this exchanger if there is licensed one. Where we can find list of licensed exchangers?
   I didn't start to trade, I'm just reading about that and this situation made me a bit worried. I would like to protect my money, and licensed exchangers probably have better security and maybe even some insurance in this kind of cases. Does anyone here trade on some licensed exchanger? Which one?

there are only few licensed exchangers because it's HARD. It involves a lot of money invested, staff, regulations and so on BUT the clients are protected. a licensed exchanger is insured because it's requested by law(it doesn't matter the country where they are incorporated).

a licensed company has external audits, the authorities control their procedures(KYC,AML, security, etc). it's not just a simple website. Smiley

the licensed companies are:

Gemini, Coinbase, Itbit, Circle, Bitstamp
Sergiorr101

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 09:06:58 AM

This illegal exchanger (https://www.bitfinex.com/) is hacked.  120K BTC was stolen(aprox 60 mil USD) !

It's so funny when they write "The theft is being reported to — and we are co-operating with — law enforcement."   What law enforcement when YOU are running an  illegal forex company(without licenses) ?!?!  Grin 

well that is very sad news for bitcoin as price of bitcoin fell by 100$ or such so that is quite bad, i hope bitcoin price won't fall even lower because of that actually

Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 09:13:41 AM

Well, I haven't been on the forums for a while and now it seems like Bitfinex is taking away a portion of every user's coins on the site to pay for the damages caused.

Poor management.

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 09:26:29 AM

Well, I haven't been on the forums for a while and now it seems like Bitfinex is taking away a portion of every user's coins on the site to pay for the damages caused.

Poor management.
At least they are mitigating the issue and being clear and honest about the situation - when Cryptsy was hacked BigVern covered up for as long as he could then disappeared, and nobody was refunded BTC. Most people in the community knew something was wrong and started withdrawing whatever they could - but some lost everything, of course things would have been much better if they had a larger store of BTC in cold storage. At least this is the fairest solution. For some traders - it may not take long to make 30% back.
Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 09:28:06 AM

Poor management.
At least they are mitigating the issue and being clear and honest about the situation - when Cryptsy was hacked BigVern covered up for as long as he could then disappeared, and nobody was refunded BTC. Most people in the community knew something was wrong and started withdrawing whatever they could - but some lost everything, of course things would have been much better if they had a larger store of BTC in cold storage. At least this is the fairest solution. For some traders - it may not take long to make 30% back.

Well, in my opinion issuing shares in an already broken company is no good compensation, for me anyways. Especially if it was an insider job, and was clearly the exchange's fault.

Just my 2 cents.

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 09:59:35 AM

Who is going to want these tokens?

What is backing them if it isn't the Bitcoin network?

Seems like a long shot for bitfinex to try this hand waiving technique.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

mayax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 12:33:49 PM

Bitfinex is launching its own e-currency with these tokens. Another illegal thing Smiley  Their clients must be VERY, VERY stupids to accept that till the end without trying to recover all their funds back by suing Bitfinex.

What's so strange is that the BTC media is OK with that. They don't say "Hey, Bitfinex is issuing uncovered shares even this company is not allowed to do that" or "Bitfinex is  launching its own e-currency and it doesn't have a financial license" (even they need one for forex anyway) Smiley)
hulla

Merit: 566

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 12:47:12 PM

the loss is 60 mil usd and not 10 mil. usd.

60 mil is a huge amount for anybody. Bitfinex is an illegal company. They will not cover this amount. Their clients lost the funds. Yes, Bitfinex has money in their bank accounts but these money are for theirself  Grin

With bitfinex you hever now if there was actually an hack. They are notorious for their price manipulation and close of the market when there is a lot of price action with bitcoin.
I do hope they find a solution ,but at this moment it is hard to say what will happen with the customer funds. Which makes it such a terrible event.

Since the problem with bitfinex is involve with insider job, we can not decide if it is really a hacker work and in the mean time we  will what really is the cause of the problem. I just felt sorry for people that have fund there or is any there news about what they will do for them?

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 01:32:16 PM

Bitfinex is launching its own e-currency with these tokens. Another illegal thing Smiley  Their clients must be VERY, VERY stupids to accept that till the end without trying to recover all their funds back by suing Bitfinex.

What's so strange is that the BTC media is OK with that. They don't say "Hey, Bitfinex is issuing uncovered shares even this company is not allowed to do that" or "Bitfinex is  launching its own e-currency and it doesn't have a financial license" (even they need one for forex anyway) Smiley)

THE CON: They want their customers to sell their BFX coins back to Bitfinex for fractions of pennies so that they can claim that is the debt instrument settlement going forward. They are trying to dupe their customers into accepting fractional pennies on the dollar for the debt that Bitfinex is holding given the hack.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

LadangGalau

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

EthBits

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 01:35:02 PM

For another time, we can not say anything other than you should not keeping your precious bitcoins on vulnarable centralised platforms !
Frodomaga

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 01:35:43 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2016, 03:29:19 PM by Frodomaga

What exactly am I supposed to do with my newly acquired 141 BFX tokens? Since I live in the US and the trading of them will be limited for me, are they just there to remind me of my folly?  Cheesy

Bitfinex is launching its own e-currency with these tokens. Another illegal thing Smiley  Their clients must be VERY, VERY stupids to accept that till the end without trying to recover all their funds back by suing Bitfinex.

What's so strange is that the BTC media is OK with that. They don't say "Hey, Bitfinex is issuing uncovered shares even this company is not allowed to do that" or "Bitfinex is  launching its own e-currency and it doesn't have a financial license" (even they need one for forex anyway) Smiley)
The casinos do so they figure why can't they Roll Eyes
It is legal from their stand point. Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                                           
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 01:54:29 PM

A Bitcoiner and his money are soon parted ~ Thomas Tusser  c.1587

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 02:06:49 PM

And now in CNN they are giving out fake news and making it look as if every bitcoin owner ever is going to get a haircut due the bitfinex bailin scandal. Man those exchanges are going to keep fucking us over all the time as it happens again and again and we still dont have decentralized alternatives.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 02:56:46 PM

In theory, bitfinex will eventually buy back the BFX tokens, and/or the BFX tokens will be exchanged for shares of bitfinex's parent company. The future profits of bitfinex are backing the BFX tokens.

Speculators will likely be most interested in buying and/or trading the BFX tokens. As long as Bitfinex buys the tokens at least at the market price and does not force anyone to sell them at a discount, then I don't see an issue with them buying at less then face value. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: