Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:10:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 433 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PASC] PascalCoin: Induplicatable NFT  (Read 990668 times)
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 09:35:41 AM

I love pascal as a programming language and still code in it sometimes. I don't get how something like Java became so much more popular than pascal/delphi. Anyway, that is not to start a holly war, but to send my respects to the creator of pascal coin! Thank you for the amazing work you've done!

I had some troubles with compiling sources on Lazarus running at win7 32bit, it tells me "Cannot load  libeay64.dll", strangely enough, official openssl packages like
openssl-1.0.2j-x64_86-win64.zip contains only libeay32.dll
Finally, when I found libeay64.dll via google, downloaded it and placed it in the program folder, application gave me another error: "libeay64.dll id either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again bla-bla-bla...". At some point that haven't surprised me much, that is 64bit library and I have a 32bit system.  I have few other projects working with SSL on Lazarus and for my 32bit system they use all the *32.dll libraries.
May be I should change some compilers directives inside the sources, but I don't think like touching this masterpiece with my dirty hands Smiley

Also, I don't have a system suitable for mining anything, so I'm more into trading. And I want to buy some pascal coins, not as investment, but as a little respect towards the programming language, that Pascal Coin project written in it and the creator of that coin. I'm glad I can have some on cryptopia, but I don't like the idea of having my funds stored on the common account of the market. I want to get them transferred to my personal account, but I don't have one. So I'm awaiting for some market to begin trading accounts as well, or trading accounts with some coins inside - that be great! So I'm still watching for that to happen  Roll Eyes

My Respects to Albert Molina and everyone who helped him with Pascal Coin

@carap

Try to ask adaseb, I think he's got some spare accounts.

I have them! or some at least.

@carap
I'll need your public key.
carap

Activity: 86
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 11:03:45 AM

Oh, that's very kind if someone can share 1 account with me!  Unusual for the crypto-community. Much appreciated.

My public key is:
3GhhbotWP97jKEm6Yq7xkk6zVTWz9ae1877Gp7CDi48hLPX3yPhub7c9yFbeFdxKJCrXqALYvVz5sAk 2C5NWmATZfDtHFLbJ2JFKWM

I'm very new to that coin, I have the v1.3.0 currently running and it seems synced, but I don't know if it mines anything (on processor) and I don't think it will mine me some account within some reasonable time.

Also, I apologize for potentially stupid questions, but anyone knows whenever it is possible to run it in the portable mode? I mean having a wallet and a chain data within the application folder stored on some usb-stick. I found my current data inside a "C:\Users\carap\AppData\Roaming\PascalCoin", but which command line parameter I should use in order to have a custom location (if possible). I couldn't find any help file explaining parameters (wiki is not covering that area), except some of them being mentioned in the ## HISTORY section of the readme.txt

Trading robots - wrong assumptions made by beginners - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1722689 - share your practical experiences!
drxyz

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:11:54 AM

Oh, that's very kind if someone can share 1 account with me! Much appreciated and very unusual for the crypto-community.

My public key is:
3GhhbotWP97jKEm6Yq7xkk6zVTWz9ae1877Gp7CDi48hLPX3yPhub7c9yFbeFdxKJCrXqALYvVz5sAk 2C5NWmATZfDtHFLbJ2JFKWM

I'm very new to that coin, I have the v1.3.0 currently running and it seems synced, but I don't know if it mines anything (on processor) and I don't think it will mine me some account within some reasonable time.

Also, I apologize for potentially stupid questions, but anyone knows whenever it is possible to run it in the portable mode? I mean having a wallet and a chain data within the application folder stored on some usb-stick. I found my current data inside a "C:\Users\carap\AppData\Roaming\PascalCoin", but which command line parameter I should use in order to have a custom location (if possible). I couldn't find any help file explaining parameters (wiki is not covering that area), except some of them being mentioned in the ## HISTORY section of the readme.txt

Hi,

98564-57 account is yours.

Thanks in advance to for helping the community.

carap

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 11:24:46 AM

drxyz, Thanks a lot! Now I can move forward Smiley

Trading robots - wrong assumptions made by beginners - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1722689 - share your practical experiences!
anorganix
Copper Member

Activity: 970
Merit: 287

Per aspera ad astra

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:31:17 AM

Oh, that's very kind if someone can share 1 account with me!  Unusual for the crypto-community. Much appreciated.

My public key is:

I've also sent you one account: 101727-10.
Cheers.

Please vote for PASC on Cryptofolio

https://cryptofolio.info/welcome/vote

CTRL+F PASC

1 (free) vote per hour!

Don't forget to vote from time to time.
PS: no need to CTRL+F anymore, currently PascalCoin is on 1st position. Cool

I will never send private messages with payment requests for my auctions. I only communicate transparently via the forum (not Telegram, Discord, Skype & others). Please be wary of scammers.
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:56:01 AM

I got about 1190 Accounts, are these actually worth anything ?

Why would someone give them for free? There seems to be a little support in the books on cryptopia. U can dump ur coins.
carap

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 12:01:11 PM

anorganix, Super, Thank you! Much appreciated!

This morning I haven't had any accounts and speculated about possible means of getting one. Now I have two Smiley

I voted on https://cryptofolio.info/welcome/vote

And I skyped some of my friends about PascalCoin and their recent presence on cryptopia.

2Mb for the binary of Pascal Wallet - simply Amazing compared to other wallets made for different coins!
Why, why other developers are not coding on pascal?

(thinking of the terribly slow, huge and ugly monster-mist - the wallet that forced me to quit the eth. I assume some people (Vitalik) should invest more into R&D and less in marketing) 

carap

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 12:08:05 PM

Why would someone give them for free?
synthgauge, out of philanthropy, Karma  Roll Eyes

But also, more adopters help to spread a word about that coin. More interested people will come to have a look, that may result in increased demand and overall value, and potential profit for the early adopter in future!
Without account, I was unable to invest anything, now I have that possibility and a motivation to dig that field farther.

proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:48:16 PM

Oh, that's very kind if someone can share 1 account with me!  Unusual for the crypto-community. Much appreciated.

My public key is:

account #164451-25 is yours - courtesy of adaseb
proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:53:11 PM

I got about 1190 Accounts, are these actually worth anything ?

Why would someone give them for free? There seems to be a little support in the books on cryptopia. U can dump ur coins.

New accounts are only acquired by mining a block. Not everyone can mine. There isn't a formal market for accounts yet and we need the user base to grow.
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:16:02 PM

Voted as well on cryptfolio.

And carap, another account 175347-36 is coming your way Smiley

This is my signature...
toto31

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:26:03 PM

Really good to see the community efforts here!

When I'm done with the website, I intend to make a "Buy an account" service for everyone not familiar with cryptocurrencies. The idea is to make it easy and no need for a credit card or even BTC. Something like a phone call or SMS to buy it, you give your public key, and you're done, you have an account!
carap

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 01:33:23 PM

proletariat, adaseb, mirny - Thank you!!!

I already have 4 accounts, which is more than enough. I didn't expect this morning that I will write that I don't need any more accounts.
I assume, community with this kind of attitude has no other options except to grow, get more apologists, and some day hit most of reputable exchanges! 

Thanks everyone for sharing with me!

synthgauge

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:59:43 PM

Why would someone give them for free?
synthgauge, out of philanthropy, Karma  Roll Eyes

But also, more adopters help to spread a word about that coin. More interested people will come to have a look, that may result in increased demand and overall value, and potential profit for the early adopter in future!
Without account, I was unable to invest anything, now I have that possibility and a motivation to dig that field farther.

I was bamboozled how come a dudeee have 1K accounts to give out when some of ure gonna butt-bite all day long for dribs. If u dont do anything else u sure might bite for airdrops. Ive nothing against this, some peeps just need to buy more happiness for themselves before Xmas.
carap

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 02:09:54 PM

I was bamboozled how come a dudeee have 1K accounts to give out when some of ure gonna butt-bite all day long for dribs.
synthgauge, Well, he might have invested into hardware that allowed him to have enough processing power to mine those accounts. Fair advantage.
And for me, 1 or 2 accounts is enough Smiley I got 4 and I'm pretty happy about that.

I have a question:

I tried to move all files from the C:\Users\carap\AppData\Roaming\PascalCoin\ to the applications folder on the external drive, but it seems not to work this way, new folder was immediately created at C:\Users\carap\AppData\Roaming\

I'm not a fan of storing my wallet on the computer just like that (I know it is password protected, and I don't have any assets in).
Is there any solution like a command line parameter "-datadir" in BitcoinCore?

So far I did it via mklink command, but that solution is not very user friendly and sometimes it fails (at least for other wallets).

PascalCoin (OP)

Activity: 334
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 04:56:31 PM

I was bamboozled how come a dudeee have 1K accounts to give out when some of ure gonna butt-bite all day long for dribs.
synthgauge, Well, he might have invested into hardware that allowed him to have enough processing power to mine those accounts. Fair advantage.
And for me, 1 or 2 accounts is enough Smiley I got 4 and I'm pretty happy about that.

I have a question:

I tried to move all files from the C:\Users\carap\AppData\Roaming\PascalCoin\ to the applications folder on the external drive, but it seems not to work this way, new folder was immediately created at C:\Users\carap\AppData\Roaming\

I'm not a fan of storing my wallet on the computer just like that (I know it is password protected, and I don't have any assets in).
Is there any solution like a command line parameter "-datadir" in BitcoinCore?

So far I did it via mklink command, but that solution is not very user friendly and sometimes it fails (at least for other wallets).

Sorry... this is not available in current build. Always use wallet stored in APPDATA/pascalCoin folder

PascalCoin is the first crypto currency without need of historical operations to control double spend and with ORDINAL account numbers. YES! LIKE A BANK!
carap

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 06:17:09 PM

Sorry... this is not available in current build. Always use wallet stored in APPDATA/pascalCoin folder

In bitcoincore we can set the data directory, and we can set the name of the wallet file, but the wallet file should always stay inside the datadir, which is not smart from the security stand point.  Cry

Can we expect the PascalCoin to be an innovative leader in that sense?

Two little features that have a great impact on security:
1. Possibility to set the custom data directory (where the chain is stored)
2. Possibility to set the wallet file name and custom location.

No matter how you implement it:
1.It could be a command line parameter (to be entered when launching the app)
2.Could be a config file stored in the application directory (ini or cfg that can be edited manually prior to launching an app)
3.Could be 2 additional Edit objects on the FRMPascalCoinWalletConfig

In any form it will be super handy feature! At least for paranoids like me!
And hopefully other wallet makers will follow that trend  Roll Eyes

synthgauge

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 07:20:27 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2016, 07:31:52 PM by synthgauge

Lets end this whimsey notion to mumble about something u can find a clarification for in gugle within 2 sec. Nope these are not the features, its weirdos whim if u ask me, and as Ive been in this space for quite a long time, as far as I know, nobody has ever demanded a --changedir RPC call bud, all RPC calls in forks are identical to those documented in bitcoin API call list, though nobody with the IQ level higher than urs has ever come to a conclusion there will ever be any use for moving a coin database folder away from its native /roaming folder. Why would u need to move it? Have ur bank emitent figured u magically became a prosperous bitcoiner and started eyeballing ur google search history? Have u been caught up in tax evasion? So IRC decided theyre off crapping breaks and will knock out ur door sometime next week and invade ur house. If they wanna take ur hard drive they will. Whoever they are, whether theyre burglars or ur step-moms angry kids or IRC collector, they will take ur hard drives both internal and external, hybrids mechanicals and SSDs along with ur bills tampons and shoes. As far as the wallet name, with monero u can name a new wallet whatever u want.
carap

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 09:21:58 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2016, 09:41:42 PM by carap

synthgauge, have I written a word about RPC?

This feature ("moving a coin database folder away from its native /roaming folder") might be helpful:
For people having a system installed on a small partition, which is big enough to store an operating system and some application, but don't have space to store the blockchain.
For people working with multiple computers (traveling) and wanting to have an access to their money, without the need to re-sync blockchain on each.

As for me, I personally like to have my wallets stored in some crypto container stored on a usb stick. We are talking about CRYPTO currencies, it is all about security and anonymity. People might have different reasons not to want to have any traces of crypto currencies on their computers.

It might be only I in need of such a feature, but try googling for "change wallet.dat location"

ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 03:37:58 AM

Lets end this whimsey notion to mumble about something u can find a clarification for in gugle within 2 sec. Nope these are not the features, its weirdos whim if u ask me, and as Ive been in this space for quite a long time, as far as I know, nobody has ever demanded a --changedir RPC call bud, all RPC calls in forks are identical to those documented in bitcoin API call list, though nobody with the IQ level higher than urs has ever come to a conclusion there will ever be any use for moving a coin database folder away from its native /roaming folder. Why would u need to move it? Have ur bank emitent figured u magically became a prosperous bitcoiner and started eyeballing ur google search history? Have u been caught up in tax evasion? So IRC decided theyre off crapping breaks and will knock out ur door sometime next week and invade ur house. If they wanna take ur hard drive they will. Whoever they are, whether theyre burglars or ur step-moms angry kids or IRC collector, they will take ur hard drives both internal and external, hybrids mechanicals and SSDs along with ur bills tampons and shoes. As far as the wallet name, with monero u can name a new wallet whatever u want.

This is custom built blockchain and cryptography.

Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 433 »
  Print  

Jump to: