Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:25:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has no competition  (Read 43147 times)
needyou

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 07:56:33 AM

The bitcoin has no competition because there is no similar cryptocurrencie that has the same value as the bitcoin only some that are really low at the point and just one but that value is redicules in comparing with the bitcoin so he has no competition.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 08:04:02 AM

All those FUDsters that where saying year ago how Bitcoin would fail because another currency would take over get proven wrong year after year. The more time Bticoin is alive, the stronger it gets and the bigger the network effect. Sorry but there will not be a Bitcoin 2.0. Bitcoin will go to 100k+ per coin in the next 5 to 10 years, it will absorb all the value researched in the field if not directly through protocol improvements then through sidechains.

Bitcoin will remain the only solid coin. The only coin that survived for the longest time (other coins can't claim this unless they invent a time machine).
There will be alts that pump really hard and make people millionaires, but no alt is going to surpass Bitcoin's strength and solidity. No coin will get a bigger marketcap. In the long term people holding 21+ BTC will be rewarded by history with rich-tier status for seeing the value in it before most people did. Do not let the FUDsters trick your mind or the trolls try to derrail the excellent job being done by Core devs.

Let's continue then our path towards inevitable triumph.

Those fools are eating their words back, while the Bitcoin community rejoices it's growth. It is the King of all currencies. No crypto currency can match it ever. I love Bitcoin a lot, and have been urging people to use it for growth and invest or trade. It's the best thing that has happened to people, can't yet understand why would people stay away or speak shit about Bitcoin
stark101

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 02:45:24 PM

Just get this out of the way first. Alt currencies are not "in competition" with Bitcoin. The communities mining and holding those currencies may be in competition with the miners and holders of BTC, but bitcoin and Litecoins  themseleves are no more in competition than metals gold and silver are in competition with each other. These are things. Things that compete.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:09:05 PM

In the crypto-world, I would say boldly by agreeing with the topic that there is actually no competition because Bitcoin has grown so well to get competition from any ALTs and most importantly the value of any ALT is determined by its relationship to BTC and this is another leap ahead. Another way to look at it is how close are they to FIAT? To the best of my knowledge no matter how big the ALT is, you cant covert to FIAT directly without going through BTC. Who can beat that?...
adidas

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Americans do it better

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:12:54 PM

It had litecoin to contend with... Well back in the day.
But look who came up on top.
Then it was ethereum. And that was not a competitor at all.
Zcash even died upon the wayside.

Who is next? Grin

Veritas Platform

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:13:33 PM

I see , but i think there is more to develop in the crypto world, powerful more than bitcoin
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:15:31 PM

it really that bitcoin has no competition because is very useful currency and bitcoin is available in anywhere in the world for online business and i think these are the good advantages of bitcoin so any one coin can get so there is no competitive coin against bitcoin.

Actually there are lots of competitor of bitcoins,  including altcoins and fiat currency.  As of now, bitcoin is behind fiat currency but it is way ahead of other cryptocurrency or altcoins.  Bitcoin is always the leader of cryptocurrency but there are rumors that in the future , other cyrptocurrency will take bitcoin's place.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 03:27:42 PM

it really that bitcoin has no competition because is very useful currency and bitcoin is available in anywhere in the world for online business and i think these are the good advantages of bitcoin so any one coin can get so there is no competitive coin against bitcoin.

Actually there are lots of competitor of bitcoins,  including altcoins and fiat currency.  As of now, bitcoin is behind fiat currency but it is way ahead of other cryptocurrency or altcoins.  Bitcoin is always the leader of cryptocurrency but there are rumors that in the future , other cyrptocurrency will take bitcoin's place.

exactly. just look at the rest of the altcoins. they exist to over throw bitcoin and some of them may just be successful in the future. i think even more than one, just look at how eth, lisk and nxt and waves. they are all platforms aiming to conquer all.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Red Fish

Activity: 435
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:31:26 PM

In fact yes, Bitcoin has no competition and also in short & medium term will not have serious competition. All altcoin market is small, and there are not so many users. Any one altcoin can not make serious competition to Bitcoin, it is just simple altcoin users dream.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 09:36:30 PM

In fact yes, Bitcoin has no competition and also in short & medium term will not have serious competition. All altcoin market is small, and there are not so many users. Any one altcoin can not make serious competition to Bitcoin, it is just simple altcoin users dream.
I do not think so. Basically Bitcoin is facing heavy competition from the electronic format of dollars.

There are some projects which are focusing about using gold in electronic format as a payment system. But bitcoin is competing all the challenges and becoming a better system due to its potentials.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 09:59:08 PM

As usual we compare bitcoin with fiat money. We know its advantages but is time to compare it with other crypto-coins. Bitcoin sure is not perfect but is the pioneer and has the biggest user base from the alt coins. Nowadays is like a horse running in a race without competition but after some years who knows? On the other side it's good developers to stay awake without reassurance because another coin may win the trust of investors today and users tomorrow.
Pattberry

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 10:24:33 PM

It had litecoin to contend with... Well back in the day.
But look who came up on top.
Then it was ethereum. And that was not a competitor at all.
Zcash even died upon the wayside.

Who is next? Grin
i didnt know that litecoin even competed with bitcoin. Ethereum is not at all a competitor and Zcash is just a hype train and the initial miners will reap a good profit mining it and it is whats happening. Bitcoin wont have any worthy competition and will never have one.
deadpoolx

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:12:33 PM

Yes has no competition because bitcoin is unique crypto currency which can be use for online shopping and there is a lot of crypto currency but we can not use them for shopping like as bitcoin so bitcoin technology is very modern than other currencies .
Many competition out there that you can found in coinmarketcap almost all altcoin are competition of bitcoin. but bitcoin be still the one that we can use widely.. unlike other altcoin that there is limited site that we can use or i think you can only use them in gambling and no other useful from altcoin..
Unlike bitcoin right now that we can now buy items from amazon via purse.io we can buy domain hosting in namecheap other site like newegg accepting bitcoin..  
Altcoin is just making a copy paste of bitcoin that actually they are still not trusted unlike bitcoin that many people are now using it and trusting it
The fact that mainstream services are accepting Bitcoin makes the currency more used than altcoins, in fact, but the problem with altcoins goes beyond that.
One of the biggest problems is that most of the implementations proposed by altcoins can be implemented in Bitcoin, if necessary. This makes many of these coins work as a testnet for Bitcoin.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 12:26:53 AM

Bitcoin has no competition because this
cryptocurrency have strong enough and its hard to
make a coins like bitcoin. Bitcoin can use now like a
 fiat so no one cryptocurrency can be a competitor
of bitcoin.
Is it because bitcoin is the first invented digital currency? Or p2p system of bitcoin?
I don't know for sure, if I was in the time when bitcoin just invented in 2009 or maybe know it in 2010, I may didn't believe to buy and hold it. How lucky they are who have seen the potential of bitcoin and take a part to develop it in the beginning.
Because it is so hard to compete with time as bitcoin the first one, people can't trust new alt coins so easily, it takes time.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 12:41:43 AM

for about digital currency bitcoin I agree that is the best. no competitor can beat the current bitcoin. maybe paypal and credit cards that have the same quality.
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 01:25:23 AM

In cryptocurrency bitcoin has no worth even competitors cause other coin cant reach bitcoin. But in Other alt-coins their are too much competition when it comes in ICO's and mainly in promoting their coin to be bought at trading sites and competes to be number 1 altcoin
dwgscale11

Activity: 335

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 01:42:56 AM

I still think ltc will make its rounds back with btc.  People should be liking stable currency (i know i know that last dump) that works and has been around a while to prove itself... not these scammy/flashy premined pump and dump alt coins.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 01:44:31 AM

Yes, I also think bitcoin will remain as the strongest altcoin for long, but there are a couple of things that I am not so sure:

a) I don't think the bitcoin price can achieve that huge price above $5000 or $10000

b) And of course it is undoubted that in future years all these digital technologies will advance and perhaps our current altcoins will be considered as rudimentary technologies.
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 05:06:54 AM

Well, in my eyes, bitcoin has a lot of competition, You know in this time, a lot of other cryto currencies have come, and we can see in altcoin trading, but instead of it bitcoin is in number one, and that's why everyone who know about crypto currency they firstly choose bitcoin. Because other than crypto currency, bitcoin has a huge price and in some countries bitcoin is used in everywhere, But also i will say that bitcoin has competition with all other crypto currencies.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 05:40:43 AM

Well, in my eyes, bitcoin has a lot of competition, You know in this time, a lot of other cryto currencies have come, and we can see in altcoin trading, but instead of it bitcoin is in number one, and that's why everyone who know about crypto currency they firstly choose bitcoin. Because other than crypto currency, bitcoin has a huge price and in some countries bitcoin is used in everywhere, But also i will say that bitcoin has competition with all other crypto currencies.

In my opinion bitcoin still has no competition. Other altcoins are not considered competition but rather they are strengthening bitcoin. Other altcoins are dependent on bitcoin as we speak can never compete with it. If there are competition it is between altcoins themselves. But I am not throwing your idea aside for in the future possibly altcoins will be independent from bitcoin and can establish their own system that can compete with bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: