Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:22:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has no competition  (Read 43147 times)
jovs

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 08:08:37 AM

I am not using any other crypto currency at the moment, but I don't think any of them will ever overtake bitcoin. Its the standard of all, its like money now, do you see money competing with anything else? I really don't see that. So I feel bitcoin will hold it own in the market and would probably keep growing.
Like you , i am not also using different crypto currency . Why? Because as of now we all know that bitcoin is upgrading and its value increases on its highest peak, so what is the reason for us to used other crypto currencies? And there no such thing as bitcoin 2.0 the best way is to just develop more the bitcoin of today for the future. We dont need a new crypto currency or other thing ,the bitcoin is okay as of now we just need to develop and support it more for its value to increase more and for the buisness to be open on accepting bitcoins. If its happen bitcoin would be the next currency of the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 08:16:34 AM

All I can say that bitcoin has no competition. Crypto being compete into bitcoin but still the best is bitcoin. Nowadays, bitcoin is leading in the market because of its price that no other can compete of because of its popularity and demand. Bitcoin is being on top nowadays...

As far as I know, bitcoin got lot of competition / competitors. But the good thing is that no one is able to surpass it. Because most of us are into bitcoin and we are using it as the mainstream in crypto currency. For the rest alt coins, it is just good for trading and only few alt coins are good to use as a subordinate of bitcoin as another currency.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
KingTylerVVS

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 08:50:23 AM

alt coins can take stress off the blockchain, but other than that they have no major use. why reinvewnt the wheel
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 09:32:05 AM

I wouldn't say that the Bitcoin has no competition because there are some people who like to use other currencies over the Bitcoin.
But the Bitcoin does have a major lead in popularity and worth ahead of the other currencies.
The competition is only with fiat but in crypto world, bitcoin is obviously leading them all and if bitcoin will continue to succeed the crypto market will also progress as a whole. For now we should be thinking that bitocin and fiat are different and if we compare it with bitcoin, we know already that bitcoin is nothing compared to fiat which is most widely use in this world.

I don't think so. Supposed that bitcoins skyrocketed to $10K because of mass adoption and all. I don't see why would that success will be the success of other cryptos as well. What I'm saying is that a dump coin will continue to be a dump coin regardless of bitcoin's success. At the time bitcoin is having some real success, there would be new coins coming in but the old coins will continue to be what they are unless someone picks it up and hype it up which is very unlikely to happen.

Just think of it as the success of an individual doesn't correlates to other people's success. I can become successful but other people won't get successful too just because I am.
It is obvious the real competition Bitcoin is having is with the fiat currencies and that's the real threat the governments see in Bitcoin and not all those "use for illegal this and that." As for the altcoins, they are all copies and descendants of Bitcoin and so far we are yet to see anyone that a match for Bitcoin. Some of them however have some high points and so enjoys the ride the success of Bitcoin brings to the crypto industry, while a good number should be resident in the trash.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 09:40:14 AM

The only competition I saw from bitcoin was Fiat only, but in terms of  cryptocurrency nobody can compete with bitcoin because still BTC is the leading digital currency in altcoin industry. If ever there is a crytpo that will survive but they cannot exceed the price value of bitcoin os course.
AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 09:41:33 AM

alt coins can take stress off the blockchain, but other than that they have no major use. why reinvewnt the wheel

A lot of altcoins have privacy and other advancements over bitcoin.

That doesn't mean they will overtake bitcoin, but with the right team behind them, some of them could do quite well.

My original vision when I got into bitcoin was bitcoin would be the crypto currency everyone uses, but in different parts of the world for everyday stuff - different altcoins would also be used for a lot of the every day things, like buying gas or groceries.

Will that happen? Don't know, but I suspect it will at some point.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 09:49:48 AM

The only competition I saw from bitcoin was Fiat only, but in terms of  cryptocurrency nobody can compete with bitcoin because still BTC is the leading digital currency in altcoin industry. If ever there is a crytpo that will survive but they cannot exceed the price value of bitcoin os course.

Yeah I saw that fiat is the one standing in front of bitcoin. But if we will sum it up I guess that bitcoin doesn't really have a competition since it's the most used crypto currency and all the alt coins came from the same idea which originates from it. No doubt that bitcoin will be at the top position of crypto currency because it's overrated.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 02:47:50 PM

I wouldn't say that the Bitcoin has no competition because there are some people who like to use other currencies over the Bitcoin.
But the Bitcoin does have a major lead in popularity and worth ahead of the other currencies.
The competition is only with fiat but in crypto world, bitcoin is obviously leading them all and if bitcoin will continue to succeed the crypto market will also progress as a whole. For now we should be thinking that bitocin and fiat are different and if we compare it with bitcoin, we know already that bitcoin is nothing compared to fiat which is most widely use in this world.

I don't think so. Supposed that bitcoins skyrocketed to $10K because of mass adoption and all. I don't see why would that success will be the success of other cryptos as well. What I'm saying is that a dump coin will continue to be a dump coin regardless of bitcoin's success. At the time bitcoin is having some real success, there would be new coins coming in but the old coins will continue to be what they are unless someone picks it up and hype it up which is very unlikely to happen.

Just think of it as the success of an individual doesn't correlates to other people's success. I can become successful but other people won't get successful too just because I am

I would like to add that with Bitcoin price going to the sky and above as well as time passing by, there will be less and less altcoins worthy a dime. It is basically only one should prevail thing. At first, there seemed to have been a lot of demand for new coins and those who were the first at running ICO's likely earned massive amount of money by scamming gullible folks. I guess this is no longer the case simply because a lot of people have already burned their fingers with shit coins and are not going to get caught with this stuff again

As they say, once bitten twice shy

MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 03:04:37 PM

All those FUDsters that where saying year ago how Bitcoin would fail because another currency would take over get proven wrong year after year. The more time Bticoin is alive, the stronger it gets and the bigger the network effect. Sorry but there will not be a Bitcoin 2.0. Bitcoin will go to 100k+ per coin in the next 5 to 10 years, it will absorb all the value researched in the field if not directly through protocol improvements then through sidechains.

Bitcoin will remain the only solid coin. The only coin that survived for the longest time (other coins can't claim this unless they invent a time machine).
There will be alts that pump really hard and make people millionaires, but no alt is going to surpass Bitcoin's strength and solidity. No coin will get a bigger marketcap. In the long term people holding 21+ BTC will be rewarded by history with rich-tier status for seeing the value in it before most people did. Do not let the FUDsters trick your mind or the trolls try to derrail the excellent job being done by Core devs.

Let's continue then our path towards inevitable triumph.

i think there was a competition between cryptocurrencies, in our whole life competition is always there it will never be remove nor forget. In order for them to survive they must be competitive in all their plans, so that many people will invest and make an investment and other will switch to bitcoins.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 02:19:03 AM

There's some innovation in the altcoin scene. However there will likely never be enough to outmatch Bitcoin. In my opinion you would need an entirely new concept to achieve that.

Altcoins serve as a testing ground for new ideas. The good ones might later be integrated into Bitcoin, while the original altcoin is abandoned. The network effect of Bitcoin is just too strong for any other outcome. The key factor for the attractiveness of a cryptocurrency is the size of its user base and development community. No altcoin can compete with Bitcoin in that regard.
While this is a nice romantic idea, it does not fit reality the developers of altcoins are not  the same developers working in bitcoin so there is no reason to assume that someone that created a concept that made his coins unique will want  the concept integrated to bitcoin and just disappear, he will probably want to get as much user base as possible.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 02:26:11 AM

All those FUDsters that where saying year ago how Bitcoin would fail because another currency would take over get proven wrong year after year. The more time Bticoin is alive, the stronger it gets and the bigger the network effect. Sorry but there will not be a Bitcoin 2.0. Bitcoin will go to 100k+ per coin in the next 5 to 10 years, it will absorb all the value researched in the field if not directly through protocol improvements then through sidechains.

Bitcoin will remain the only solid coin. The only coin that survived for the longest time (other coins can't claim this unless they invent a time machine).
There will be alts that pump really hard and make people millionaires, but no alt is going to surpass Bitcoin's strength and solidity. No coin will get a bigger marketcap. In the long term people holding 21+ BTC will be rewarded by history with rich-tier status for seeing the value in it before most people did. Do not let the FUDsters trick your mind or the trolls try to derrail the excellent job being done by Core devs.

Let's continue then our path towards inevitable triumph.

i think there was a competition between cryptocurrencies, in our whole life competition is always there it will never be remove nor forget. In order for them to survive they must be competitive in all their plans, so that many people will invest and make an investment and other will switch to bitcoins.

Yes and that is how you will know also who are the real supporters.
Competition is a helpful way to make people see how good an item is.
Without it who will say this is better and the other one is not.
So in some ways it is better to have one that nothing at all.
Qualities of bitcoin are seen thanks to the alts.
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 04:45:43 AM

alt coins can take stress off the blockchain, but other than that they have no major use. why reinvent the wheel
Altcoin is not a competition with bitcoin, instead it will aide for the success of bitcoin. We can tell already with their value and bitcoin is way more valuable that any altcoins but in the event bitcoin will fail in the future, we might see another coins will rise and could be coming from altcoins.
That cannot be assured but that depends on how the people will react on it, if they will trust a certain coin then we cannot prevent its success.

STUDENTCOIN