Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:54:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has no competition  (Read 43147 times)
wahb

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:19:34 PM

Bitcoin is only digital currency right now and I don't see any competition to it at a moment but things may change in future when it may get replaced some new and innovative currency and till it happens enjoy the ride with bitcoins as it will never disappear.
but i think in some places it can also be use as fiat currency in local shops and specially in such areas where more and more people are practicing bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
user27

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:24:10 PM

Bitcoin does have competition no matter how you look at it even though these competitors might have no market shares at all compared to Bitcoin.

It is obvious when you are looking at alternative coins such as eth that people to see it is a way to hedge against the Bitcoin hard fork.

Especially when you look at it all the action going on about the hard fork usi many things that Bitcoin cannot achieve but alternative scan.

But none will ever have the repitation of bitcoin.

Gufeng

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:26:49 PM

Bitcoin is only digital currency right now and I don't see any competition to it at a moment but things may change in future when it may get replaced some new and innovative currency and till it happens enjoy the ride with bitcoins as it will never disappear.
but i think in some places it can also be use as fiat currency in local shops and specially in such areas where more and more people are practicing bitcoin.

Yes but those places are very limited at a moment and most of the countries are not accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment so to spend them you have to exchange it to fiat but in future we will find many places where we would be able to make payments directly with bitcoin.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 03:09:18 AM

Bitcoin is officially garbage, spent 3 hours sending a transaction last night. I'm over it.

Let me guess, you didn't add a fee?

He either didn't add a fee or he chose to add really small amount of fee. People come in this forum ranting about how they waited for hours to get their transaction confirmed and they are totally done with bitcoins but you still see them active in this forum. If you're one with bitcoins, then get out of here.

If you're transaction isn't fast enough for you then how about adding more fees, sweetie?
You are correct but at the same time there is no denying that in the past months the fees have gone higher ans we are still stuck not knowing if a solution is going to be implemented at all, so I think some of the forum members have valid reasons to complain.
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 04:21:46 AM

Bitcoin is officially garbage, spent 3 hours sending a transaction last night. I'm over it.
Let me guess, you didn't add a fee?
He either didn't add a fee or he chose to add really small amount of fee. People come in this forum ranting about how they waited for hours to get their transaction confirmed and they are totally done with bitcoins but you still see them active in this forum. If you're one with bitcoins, then get out of here.
If you're transaction isn't fast enough for you then how about adding more fees, sweetie?
You are correct but at the same time there is no denying that in the past months the fees have gone higher ans we are still stuck not knowing if a solution is going to be implemented at all, so I think some of the forum members have valid reasons to complain.

Many users who compete and make a profit from bitcoin means influential to many transactions, your transaction on 17 yesterday, MemPool pending transaction levels are still high, but today has smoothly again. https://blockchain.info/id/charts/mempool-size and https://tradeblock.com/bitcoin/

High fees don't affect current transactions MemPool being flooded because of low fees also continue to run without priority.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:27:28 AM

where? i have never heard about it.
i have heard some very rare places accepting bitcoin as payment directly but they are too little to be called "some local shops" there was a restaurant, a food truck and a couple of smaller places but nothing that big and certainly not common.

Buying the dip...
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:33:17 AM

Do people really think that eth is the next bitcoin? (sounds like a shit idea tbh) Or is there a huge scam going on?

There won't be a "next bitcoin".  Once the king is gone, nobody is king any more.  The king is the king because he was first.  Once the king is gone, there is no "first" any more.  All crypto finally on equal footings

The throne is never empty

Once Bitcoin is gone (if ever), some other cryptocurrency will necessarily take the lead. It is not even the question of if, since the Bitcoin successors are already there and looking enviously at the throne it occupies now. I'd rather say it would be a matter of which currency exactly is likely going to take the Bitcoin place after it is officially declared dead (kinda "the king is dead, long live the king!"). There would certainly be a lot of strife. Not that there is none yet but folks will face and make a difficult choice, anyway

My point was that bitcoin was king because it was here first, and there is/was a belief that because of that, it can only be the only true crypto currency ; all the rest is "scam", "toys", etc...  The "next king" cannot be that.  It wasn't the first.  There's nothing special about it, apart from being *for the moment* the one with highest market cap (also a doubtful notion).  If bitcoin is defeated, then all crypto coins are equal in competition.  There is no "bitcoin vs altcoin" any more.  We won't talk about ethereum and non-ethereum coins, or DASH, and non-DASH coins or whatever will be the new number one.  The number one will just be the market leader for the moment, but there won't be a magical "first mover" any more, and "scammy toy imitations".  The King is gone, and there's only a momentary leader of the market.

But once people have seen that the King didn't last for ever, nobody in his right mind is going to think that his successor is going to last for ever.  That modifies the monetary belief, that always needs an "illusion of eternity" to it.  I hear people holding bitcoin for their grandchildren  Shocked  Nobody will hold DASH or ETH for their grand children, I suppose.

bncbnc

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 06:45:55 AM

i do not think that there is any digital currency which can compete with bitcoin. bitcoin number one crypto currency and will remain as number for ever. because not a single currency is so near to bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
PhucS

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:03:39 AM

I believe this, Bitcoin has no competitors. It seems to be the longest exist electronic currency. Bitcoin is developing very strongly. Its value is constantly rising. As the demand of Bitcoin users has increased dramatically, miners and merchants are also increasing. In the electronic currency rankings, Bitcoin always stands first. Its value is also much higher than that of other electronic coins. Bitcoin has been around for a long time, and with the value of the present, I think it is hard to find a currency that can beat Bitcoin. Bitcoin is number one
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:20:22 AM

Bitcoin has no competition till now, bitcoin has changed many lives around the globe who really depends on it. But we don't know how the future of bitcoin going to be, but really many people will remember it till their death.
artows21

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:26:14 AM

If we look at the price and at the value, bitcoin certainly doesn't have any competition from any other cryptocurrency.
 If we look at popularity bitcoin again has no competition.
The number of people who have been bitcoin's supporters is increasing daily so in my opinion bitcoin certainly has no competition. Whenever we talk about cryptocurrency the only thought which comes to our minds is that of bitcoin and no other coin. Even the people who are not into cryptocurrency as much as we are have heard about bitcoin but not about other coins so bitcoin has no potential competitor.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:12:29 PM

If we look at the price and at the value, bitcoin certainly doesn't have any competition from any other cryptocurrency.
 If we look at popularity bitcoin again has no competition.
The number of people who have been bitcoin's supporters is increasing daily so in my opinion bitcoin certainly has no competition. Whenever we talk about cryptocurrency the only thought which comes to our minds is that of bitcoin and no other coin. Even the people who are not into cryptocurrency as much as we are have heard about bitcoin but not about other coins so bitcoin has no potential competitor.

That's entirely false since any one that knows about altcoins will think of them as well when cryptocurrency in general was the topic and not bitcoin specifically. Bitcoin certainly has tons of potential competitor. However, none of them has gained as much attention as bitcoin has so nothing has come near bitcoin's level.

I believe this, Bitcoin has no competitors. It seems to be the longest exist electronic currency. Bitcoin is developing very strongly. Its value is constantly rising. As the demand of Bitcoin users has increased dramatically, miners and merchants are also increasing. In the electronic currency rankings, Bitcoin always stands first. Its value is also much higher than that of other electronic coins. Bitcoin has been around for a long time, and with the value of the present, I think it is hard to find a currency that can beat Bitcoin. Bitcoin is number one

The value is constantly rising but the price isn't. Somebody else might comment on your post saying that it's not constantly rising because of the price fluctuations but value is not the same thing as price. Although the price indicates how much people are willing to pay for a coin.

positivezero

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:45:08 PM

I dont think so, maybe there are some currency their that already exist like litecoin. But in my opinion bitcoin and litecoin is a currency uses by many people, it doesnt mean they compete to each other but the who make competition? well, for me the people uses them are the one who keeps and holds bitcoin competed to each other, not the currencies.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 02:47:17 PM

I dont think so, maybe there are some currency their that already exist like litecoin. But in my opinion bitcoin and litecoin is a currency uses by many people, it doesnt mean they compete to each other but the who make competition? well, for me the people uses them are the one who keeps and holds bitcoin competed to each other, not the currencies.
There is really no competition all alternative coins must give way to Bitcoin's dominance because it is their representation of the cryptocurrencies. If Bitcoin fails as a currency then the other altcoins will do so. Right now Bitcoin's growth is not yet over it is still getting more demand everyday and I don't think that Bitcoin users right now are looking for other cryptocurrency.
Zenithar

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 05:13:42 PM

i do not think that there is any digital currency which can compete with bitcoin. bitcoin number one crypto currency and will remain as number for ever. because not a single currency is so near to bitcoin.
i am also agree with you i also do not think that any other digital currency is going to compete bitcoin, i think bitcoin will remain as number one currency of the world and hope that it will also be a stable currency at that time.
dirokkl

Activity: 235

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 05:18:44 PM

i am also agree with you i also do not think that any other digital currency is going to compete bitcoin, i think bitcoin will remain as number one currency of the world and hope that it will also be a stable currency at that time.

No one can say what will happen with bitcoin in the coming years. Now - yes, bitcoin took the leading position. But he has many shortcomings that need to be corrected. Maybe the alternative currency will be more perfect
BunnyShibe

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:11:43 PM

Bitcoin has no competition till now, bitcoin has changed many lives around the globe who really depends on it. But we don't know how the future of bitcoin going to be, but really many people will remember it till their death.
yes that is very right, i think bitcoin do not have any competition, bitcoin is one of the best online currency of the world and hope that it will continue its status for  ever and no other currency will compete it. 
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:17:06 PM

yes it's true that btc has no competition now but can't say same for future.
Also, ETH is currently doing good so there's a chance that it might be a good competition for bitcoin.
sandor111

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 09:30:22 PM

yes it's true that btc has no competition now but can't say same for future.
Also, ETH is currently doing good so there's a chance that it might be a good competition for bitcoin.

Yes at the moment some people has spread the panic about the downfall of bitcoin which is not true and also similarly they have created hype about the ETH. Bitcoin indeed has good competition but other crypto coins but they have not yet achieved the level and recognition where bitcoin has already reached.

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 11:31:20 PM

I disagree. I Have been using Monero for over 2 years. I find it highly superior to BTC at this point and can't wait for a new official GUI. The price is undervalued compared to DSH IMO as well. Good luck. Bitcoin is just the first, does anyone remember betamax? Shit changes ... Get a helmet and prepare! Cheesy

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: