Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:13:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 1188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform  (Read 1253581 times)
ICONOMI (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 09:25:16 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2016, 09:22:21 PM by ICONOMI

I think my last question got drowned somehow and it may be important for others as well:

Is it important that we control the private keys to the addresses from where we send funds, or is it safe to send funds from exchanges directly?

I hope it is ok to send from exchanges because thats how i did it.  I don't think it will even be an issue since it looks like it will smash through the 2k btc threshold.  

I'm sure they can incorporate a currency wallet check onto our ico homepage if necessary.

My concerns were more about how to collect the tokens afterwards. Some projects use your Privkey for it. Now, in this case I wouldn't expect it to be that way, since there are multiple ways to invest, but just to make sure, I'd like to hear/read a statement, ideally with an explanation of how the tokens will be distributed afterwards(someone mentioned Ethereum Mist wallet).

At the end of ICO or perhaps even before we'll create an interface in which you will be able to put your public ETH address. That way, you'll get control of your ICN tokens directly by your corresponding private key.
I sent Bitcoin directly from exchange will there be access to transfer icn from iconomi deposit account page? Without having the bitcoin address privatekey from where the funds were sent??

Sending any coins from exchanges or anywhere is perfectly fine. You don't need private keys of that.

From the ICONOMI whitepaper:

ICNs will be issued with the deployment of a smart contract on the Ethereum network and
transferred to an Ethereum address users will be able to provide through the ICONOMI
interface. Users who fail to do so will still be able to access their ICNs via the ICONOMI
website.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
findscam

Activity: 158

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 09:31:42 AM

I think my last question got drowned somehow and it may be important for others as well:

Is it important that we control the private keys to the addresses from where we send funds, or is it safe to send funds from exchanges directly?

I hope it is ok to send from exchanges because thats how i did it.  I don't think it will even be an issue since it looks like it will smash through the 2k btc threshold.  

I'm sure they can incorporate a currency wallet check onto our ico homepage if necessary.

My concerns were more about how to collect the tokens afterwards. Some projects use your Privkey for it. Now, in this case I wouldn't expect it to be that way, since there are multiple ways to invest, but just to make sure, I'd like to hear/read a statement, ideally with an explanation of how the tokens will be distributed afterwards(someone mentioned Ethereum Mist wallet).

At the end of ICO or perhaps even before we'll create an interface in which you will be able to put your public ETH address. That way, you'll get control of your ICN tokens directly by your corresponding private key.
I sent Bitcoin directly from exchange will there be access to transfer icn from iconomi deposit account page? Without having the bitcoin address privatekey from where the funds were sent??

Sending any coins from exchanges or anywhere is perfectly fine. You don't need private keys of that.

Someone wrote a really good answer. Just can't find who. But credits goes to that member for the following paragraph:

ICNs will be issued with the deployment of a smart contract on the Ethereum network and
transferred to an Ethereum address users will be able to provide through the ICONOMI
interface. Users who fail to do so will still be able to access their ICNs via the ICONOMI
website.

Your designation is perfect, so people can both access the coins with website, or etheruem wallet.

ICONOMI (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 09:37:13 AM

I'm not understanding this fully. If we buy Iconomi tokens what dividends are we then entitled to?
Does this include profits from the investment funds? What about profits from the exchange?

Correct me if I am wrong on any of this:

This ico is not for the iconomi.index (CTF) and iconomi.performance (CMF) funds.  This ico is only for ownership of the OFM platform (ICN tokens).

- the iconomi.index (CTF) tokens will have a separate ico to raise funds.  These iconomi.index (CTF) tokens will be tradeable on exchanges

- At that point we will have 2 tokens: ICN tokens (OFM platform) and iconomi.index tokens (CTF) trading on exchanges

- The 3rd offering to raise captial will be the iconomi.performance (CMF) private fund.  Invitation only.  No tokens which are tradeable on exchanges.  Only way to go in and out will be through a manual/oldschool process.

Benefits of owning ICN tokens (OFM platform):

- voting rights, dividend rights, and invitation to invest in iconomi.performance (CMF) offering

The dividends come from here:
The OFM platform systematically enables the sharing of management fees between fund managers and investors with Ethereum smart contract utilisation.

Questions:

1) How is the profit sharing decided on the OFM platform?
  - How much does fund manager keep
  - How much is sent to investors in the fund manager's fund
  - How much is distributed as dividends to ICN token holders

2) Will iconomi.index (CTF) and iconomi.performance (CMF) funds be migrated to the OFM platform, then profits from these 2 funds will be shared with holders of ICN tokens?  Or are these first 2 funds entirely separate from the OFM platform / ICN tokens?

Good questions.  The whitepaper says 100% of the ICN tokens represent 100% of the ICONOMI platform, which I assumed the CTF and CMF would fall under.  But not sure now that you ask.

CTF and CMF will be funders operated under ICONOMI. Profits we'll make with those funds will go to cover our operational costs and the rest will be given as dividends weekly to ICN token holders.

Think of ICONOMI as a company and now you're investing to become a shareholder. When we start making profits owning ICN tokens will bring u dividends.
utkarshm

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 10:03:20 AM

I have to wait for this coin if it turns successful I will learn to trade, I really want to get involve in new coin goodluck with the dev project.
I don't want to miss the second bounty bonus.  Embarrassed

I am waiting for twitter campaign when do you think it will be available?

i believe its already started but they just don't have a spread sheet to fill in you names yet. but it is mentioned in their website .check it out ..

I haven't participated in twitter campaign cause it gotten very busy nowadays, and I don't want to participate altogether if I miss the first bonus of the crowdfunding project, nonetheless it is a pleasure to see the potential of this coin.
Me too havent participated in the twitter campaign,i wanted to participate in the twitter campaign as well and would love to get the first bonus of this crowdfunding project but i think i have missed,but yes this has a great potential and looking forward to it.
camelson
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 10:22:20 AM

This coin ICO is going like fire. I cant believe it just reached App 800BTC within few days. May be because of trusted escrows people are trusting this ICO unlike the Opair. By the way if you people will achieved your target of 2kbtc before the end date of ICO will you stop the ICO?
chong_kee

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 10:28:33 AM

Hi ICONOMI,

2 questions:

1. Can I do multiple deposits to the ICO?  Fo instance, deposit 1 BTC today then another 1 BTC tomorrow?

2. I have read that ICN tokens bring dividends.  Is this similar to stock dividends?  Perhaps a stupid question, but if ICN token limit is 100M (85M is distributed in the crowdsale plus 15% used elsewhere), where will you get the ICN dividends to give to your investors?  Sample case 10% stock dividend is already 8.5M ICN - where will you get this if you have 100M limit?

Thanks.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 10:32:50 AM

Hi ICONOMI,

2 questions:

2. I have read that ICN tokens bring dividends.  Is this similar to stock dividends?  Perhaps a stupid question, but if ICN token limit is 100M (85M is distributed in the crowdsale plus 15% used elsewhere), where will you get the ICN dividends to give to your investors?  Sample case 10% stock dividend is already 8.5M ICN - where will you get this if you have 100M limit?

Thanks.

Dividends will not be paid in ICN tokens, but in some other currency. maybe bitcoins. maybe ETH maybe, ...
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 10:35:50 AM

There'll be more then 2000BTC for sure, probably 4000+. In the last days more people will join like they did in other ICO. Just mark my words.

Honestly After seeing 3 days result now I can say 4000BTC is also nothing. almost half million dollar invested so far in various currencies, BTC, ETH, Lisk and Euro, if the craze of investment go like that. ICONOMI will gain a new milestone...
(if they increase their coin supply they will possibly get 10K BTC)
Zoomer

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 10:45:21 AM

This may be off topic but on my mobile phone (Samsung s7) and using the browser Opera some buttons on the website are not responsive for example i can not click on them, i can duplicate this only on opera browser maybe it's my phone but I am not sure
BALIK
Copper Member

Activity: 2072
Merit: 593

🍓 BALIK Never DM First

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 10:47:33 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2016, 02:03:44 PM by BALIK

This may be off topic but on my mobile phone (Samsung s7) and using the browser Opera some buttons on the website are not responsive for example i can not click on them, i can duplicate this only on opera browser maybe it's my phone but I am not sure
Maybe you did not add https:// in the URL that's why you cannot access to the ico.iconomi.net, just try to browse https://ico.iconomi.net then tell me if it works.

numanoid
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1148

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 10:56:03 AM

My blog have been submitted and got accepted also listed on spreadsheet . Thanks. !!
Well , about the ICO i have seen more than 434k USD invested (approximately 755.7BTC) , and  35% progress from 2000BTC already achieved on first week. That's good start for this project. I would be more excited with this project  Smiley
may i take a look of your blog about ICONOMI?
Nope, until now, it's just in 3 days, highly possible for reach 2000 btc in this project.
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

move that crypto

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 11:06:09 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2016, 11:48:50 AM by MoveCrypto

I'm not understanding this fully. If we buy Iconomi tokens what dividends are we then entitled to?
Does this include profits from the investment funds? What about profits from the exchange?

Correct me if I am wrong on any of this:

This ico is not for the iconomi.index (CTF) and iconomi.performance (CMF) funds.  This ico is only for ownership of the OFM platform (ICN tokens).

- the iconomi.index (CTF) tokens will have a separate ico to raise funds.  These iconomi.index (CTF) tokens will be tradeable on exchanges

- At that point we will have 2 tokens: ICN tokens (OFM platform) and iconomi.index tokens (CTF) trading on exchanges

- The 3rd offering to raise captial will be the iconomi.performance (CMF) private fund.  Invitation only.  No tokens which are tradeable on exchanges.  Only way to go in and out will be through a manual/oldschool process.

Benefits of owning ICN tokens (OFM platform):

- voting rights, dividend rights, and invitation to invest in iconomi.performance (CMF) offering

The dividends come from here:
The OFM platform systematically enables the sharing of management fees between fund managers and investors with Ethereum smart contract utilisation.

Questions:

1) How is the profit sharing decided on the OFM platform?
  - How much does fund manager keep
  - How much is sent to investors in the fund manager's fund
  - How much is distributed as dividends to ICN token holders

2) Will iconomi.index (CTF) and iconomi.performance (CMF) funds be migrated to the OFM platform, then profits from these 2 funds will be shared with holders of ICN tokens?  Or are these first 2 funds entirely separate from the OFM platform / ICN tokens?

This ICO is for ICONOMI management platform. Think of it as buying company shares. And this company will than make products and create profits.

The products ICONOMI will create won't have their own ICO. They will be financial products that we're be selling to outside investors. And those products will charge fee to their own investors just like mutual funds and etfs charge fee.

ICONOMI.INDEX - CTF will be tradable on exchanges yes.

CMF is general term. There will be many funds in CMF. One will be named ICONOMI.PERFORMANCE. This token will be invite only (for ICONOMI ICO participants at the beginning). Way to go out/in will be via us only on those tokens. 24/7 and simple. Sending money in/out in essence.

Answers to questions:
1)
- Profit sharing (fee split) on OFM will be split between ICONOMI as platform and fund manager as the one performing trading. It is not yet decided. But think of Uber/Airbnb split kind of tyle.
- Fund manager will get more than platform. See previous answer.
- Investors in fund will probably have around 20% performance fee on their gain.
- Our operational cost is what we'll burn. The rest goes to to "the owners of the company" - ICN token holders in that case.

2)
ICONOMI.INDEX and ICONOMI.PERFORMANCE will eventually be migrated to OFM. In effect those will be just two more funds on the platform that happened to be managed by us.

Great, thanks, I'm understanding this better now.  Two more questions:

1) Where will you be getting the capital for the first fund, iconomi.index (CTF) ?

2) Let's pretend I want to create and manage a fund on the OFM platform, movecrypto fund.  
- How do I raise capital for the fund?
- Am I only collecting capital inside the platform through ICN or ETH?
- Could I also collect capital from outside the platform in the form of EUR or USD?  
- Then I create/distribute a movecrypto token on the OFM platform to represent shares in my fund
- The price of this movecrypto token within the OFM platform would be denominated in ETH or ICN, for people who want to trade movecrypto tokens?

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 12:17:14 PM

My blog have been submitted and got accepted also listed on spreadsheet . Thanks. !!
Well , about the ICO i have seen more than 434k USD invested (approximately 755.7BTC) , and  35% progress from 2000BTC already achieved on first week. That's good start for this project. I would be more excited with this project  Smiley
Nope, until now, it's just in 3 days, highly possible for reach 2000 btc in this project.

A project is underway to make me the more curious, that ICONOMI will have a fairly high growth and beat the ETHEREUM or they have a new innovation that will rival the Bitcoin. because I see that project now in progress (ICONOMI) has a pretty good growth as it was in the beginning of the ETHEREUM
loveofmylife

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 12:21:30 PM

A project is underway to make me the more curious, that ICONOMI will have a fairly high growth and beat the ETHEREUM or they have a new innovation that will rival the Bitcoin. because I see that project now in progress (ICONOMI) has a pretty good growth as it was in the beginning of the ETHEREUM

This reminds me the dao, the dao was also crazy in ico, but they had fatal bug, and its fiasco you guys have already seen.

The security is no.1 place in the crypto currency
lucky80

Activity: 1652
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 12:25:52 PM

This reminds me the dao, the dao was also crazy in ico, but they had fatal bug, and its fiasco you guys have already seen.

Are you a legendary behind newbie account lol...you are right security is number one ...
ICONOMI (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 12:49:13 PM

What gives the coin value?
What will it be used for other than trading?
How can you guarantee profits and entice investors? Yes we know 2016 was a good year and there have been good alt coins and good icos but how can you say that will continue every year...
How exactly is this different then just trusting any other qualified professional with my money?
We know there are plenty of profits in crypto. We know it is difficult for people to get money in the crypto stream. How exactly though are you any easier? I don't see it.
How can I know that your fund performance isn't false. What's to say you don't claim a 300% profit when in reality it was 1000%.?
If the coin is used just for means to distribute profit, then honestly the coin would have no true value in the beggining other than the total investment raised in ICO which really doesn't mean anything because that money isn't the coins, it's the projects. What happens on a huge market loss, the project goes under?
This just seems like a conventional business hyip model that just has complicated systems to make it seem like a complex project using Ethereums blockchain. What if the Ethereum blockchain fails? Why not just start an investment firm and build a traditional portfolio with all cryptocurrencies....you are using a coin like stock in a business pretty much, and just using crypto terms and ideologies to be attractive to the market...

Funds and fund management platform is what gives value to the coin. Imagine that you're shareholder of some investment bank. With ICONOMI is the same.

It will be used for trading, but if you're a holder it will give you weekly dividend from funds profits.

We don't guarantee profits. One coin and other scams are the only one guaranteeing profits - until it turns out there are no more profits. But the landscape we're in is evolving and going beyond just a simple value tokens. Try to read this, to get better understanding of what is going on https://medium.com/the-coinbase-blog/app-coins-and-the-dawn-of-the-decentralized-business-model-8b8c951e734f

Integrity and transparency are our key values. We're in a trust game. If we are not fully transparent then we get less trust and less business. Therefore it is in our interest to be as transparent as possible. With managing funds, with fund rules and everything. Transparency is the key for our success!

What happens when crypto markets will be hit by hard times? We'll still be getting management fee, so in a way it is safer investment.

And we are using Ethereum platform in order to be as transparent as possible. If Ethereum fails? I see no reason for that to happen. But it is not the only platform. Lisk is another great platform as well! That's also the reason why we are accepting Lisk natively!
kenko

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 12:52:07 PM

when the spreedsheet for newsletter bounties will announce ?
ICONOMI (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 01:01:02 PM

Hello to ICONOMI Supports and Devs, I just want to know that when will the start of Twitter Campaign? I want to get some ICONOMI.

How can I get some ICONOMI thru this forum, (I don't want to join signature campaign of ICONOMI because I'm on other campaign) .

You have few options.

Join Twitter and Facebook campaign. We also run Blog and Translation campaign. If this ANN is not yet translated you can probably make good amount of coins with local active thread.
For example look at Russian thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1587829 managed really well by Skyrik. Thank you Skyrik! He made 100 stakes for translation and 5 more for each post under his thread.
loveofmylife

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 01:17:31 PM

Are you a legendary behind newbie account lol...you are right security is number one ...

Lol, maybe, but i lost my account(got hacked) in last year, and i was angry, I haven't talked here for 8 months here. I am fine now so I registered a new one. Fuck that hacker should steal bitfinex's btc, not my account. lol
loveofmylife

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 01:18:55 PM

when the spreedsheet for newsletter bounties will announce ?

I'd rather not have my email publicly listed.  Everyone could potentially become target for phishing attacks (and spam).

Yes, hackers will definitely phish people, or other attacks, plz keep our emails secure and not public.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 1188 »
  Print  

Jump to: