Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:16:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 1188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform  (Read 1253581 times)
utkarshm

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:09:27 AM

300%? I think this hit 1000%

Lets see what happen.

Btw, what is current price per token?
I also agree with you pretty that it will hit 1000% or atleast close to it,so investors gonna get really good profit and return from their investements, thats for sure.
And Token is not being released yet so you and we all have to wait a bit more for that.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ICONOMI (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:57:30 AM

What will drive demand for ICN if the ICO hits 10,000+ BTC? Think about it.  The more funding raised during the ICO, the less ICN each investor receives.  At that point the only thing giving the ICN "value" will be the reluctance of investors to sell their ICN at a loss.  But why will people who didn't participate in the ICO want ICN once it hits exchanges?  The dividends.  But if ICN hits exchanges valued at, say, $1 or $2 USD a piece (a hypothetical breakeven price for investors) and it requires 5000 ICN to receive $10 worth of eth per week in dividends under the condition ICONOMI is able to generate ~$200k per week in profit... will people really be itching to buy it rather than investing in anything else out there? 

Please tell me if I'm looking at this all wrong.  It's easy for the ICONOMI team to call for ever greater funding because they have a fixed share percentage of the 100 million ICN.  Their share doesn't decrease no matter how much is invested during the ICO.  This means in 6 months, when they gain access to their shares, they'd be able to sell beneath ICO investors breakeven price (i.e. at a more reasonable price for people wanting ICN for the dividends) and still make a killing.

I'm not suggesting they would do that, but these are some thoughts bouncing around in my head and I think they're worth talking about.

Great comment. We've spent time discussing same questions you have.

This is from our last blog post.

The decision for investment of capital raised above 10,000 BTC in the ICONOMI.PERFORMANCE fund needs additional clarification. ICONOMI’s ICO aim is to increase the value of ICO participants’ invested assets, which implies effective distribution of the raised capital. We believe it is in the best interests of current stakeholders to invest the potentially excessive part of the raised assets into the ICONOMI funds. By making this step, the value of ICONOMI is inherently increased, as the initial capital required for fund commitments will already be available, which makes funds operative and importantly, very attractive to future investors. Additional inflow of fresh assets into the ICONOMI funds will be much easier to secure. Please note that the inflow of capital into the funds is one of the most important factors in the fund management business model!
ICONOMI (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 12:15:30 PM

• The ICONOMI.INDEX FUND will reflect the development of the credible cryptocurrency market. It will be transparently managed and traded on major exchanges. ICONOMI.INDEX fund will include several thoroughly researched cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Lisk, Steem
You lost me at 'Steem' Smiley  Good luck though.

[/list]

Lol yeah, that's the only thing that worried me from this ICO! Even if I don't currently hold any Lisk, I can see how it could have some potential depending on how the whole dapps and smart contracts develop in the next months. Ethereum we can all agree has Consensys behind so it's a lock.

However I can't understand how a "smart" investor or fund manager would buy Steem let alone lock it into SP for 2 years...you are already seeing how that is working out for many who bought at $4. I would've loved to read something like Factom (or even Ripple!) which are actual companies which you can visit and has many deals and employees. Hope it was mostly a placeholder for the "currently hot" project/altcoin.

I'm also surprise not to see Factom among the list, Factom is one of the few Altcoins out there that is making real money, they've been able to expand there project into Chinese market successful with the smart city contract and their partnership with infino. I just don't understand why Factom was left out.

These are just few examples.

Factom will definetelly be in the index as well. It has unique properties for categorisation. Has sufficient market cap and liquidity - important factors for index.

redhero

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 12:32:47 PM

• The ICONOMI.INDEX FUND will reflect the development of the credible cryptocurrency market. It will be transparently managed and traded on major exchanges. ICONOMI.INDEX fund will include several thoroughly researched cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Lisk, Steem

[/list]

Lol yeah, that's the only thing that worried me from this ICO! Even if I don't currently hold any Lisk, I can see how it could have some potential depending on how the whole dapps and smart contracts develop in the next months. Ethereum we can all agree has Consensys behind so it's a lock.

However I can't understand how a "smart" investor or fund manager would buy Steem let alone lock it into SP for 2 years...you are already seeing how that is working out for many who bought at $4. I would've loved to read something like Factom (or even Ripple!) which are actual companies which you can visit and has many deals and employees. Hope it was mostly a placeholder for the "currently hot" project/altcoin.

I'm also surprise not to see Factom among the list, Factom is one of the few Altcoins out there that is making real money, they've been able to expand there project into Chinese market successful with the smart city contract and their partnership with infino. I just don't understand why Factom was left out.

Factom will definetelly be in the index as well. It has unique properties for categorisation. Has sufficient market cap and liquidity - important factors for index.

hi, sir, why will I invest this ICN fund? I am not absorbed by your choosing crypto ability ,or not only becase of it, I can choose it by myself. I think the best reason why I want to invest the ICN is that you said in whitepaper ICN fund will invest the big project early phase, which will maybe the next Uber, Facebook, or others. That is why I stay here . Would you show more information or plan how will ICN do to ensure ICN found will be able to attend such project phase. I want to invest Zcash, but they refuse the little invester in their early plan ,Whether ICN fund can join the early invest list of Zcash?
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 12:52:36 PM

Is ICONOMI Doing Right by Its Investors?

https://medium.com/@misterystery/is-iconomi-doing-right-by-its-investors-9b489045eea5#.dr5ppmbpj

Zoomer

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 01:52:00 PM

This project sounds very promising, I must admit that I think to invest however is any amount accepted, or is there any min. amount that I should invest? I am not that experienced and it will be my first investment in my life, please give me some advices .
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 01:54:03 PM

300%? I think this hit 1000%

Lets see what happen.

Btw, what is current price per token?
I also agree with you pretty that it will hit 1000% or atleast close to it,so investors gonna get really good profit and return from their investements, thats for sure.
And Token is not being released yet so you and we all have to wait a bit more for that.

I also think so. That this is something the best news for investors who have been following the ICONOMI, because I see ICONOMI has a very good effect in the market and also in all lovers of cryptocurreny. may the next ICONOMI can provide added value and also typical that catchy
virusasog

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 01:55:31 PM

This project sounds very promising, I must admit that I think to invest however is any amount accepted, or is there any min. amount that I should invest? I am not that experienced and it will be my first investment in my life, please give me some advices .

As being with iconomi for some weeks I have noticed this is the best investment location in bitcoin without worrying about any scams. So don't worry and invest as much you can buddy.
ICONOMI (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 02:48:40 PM

[/list]

hi, sir, why will I invest this ICN fund? I am not absorbed by your choosing crypto ability ,or not only becase of it, I can choose it by myself. I think the best reason why I want to invest the ICN is that you said in whitepaper ICN fund will invest the big project early phase, which will maybe the next Uber, Facebook, or others. That is why I stay here . Would you show more information or plan how will ICN do to ensure ICN found will be able to attend such project phase. I want to invest Zcash, but they refuse the little invester in their early plan ,Whether ICN fund can join the early invest list of Zcash?

I can choose it by myself

That is exactly why we are here. People outside of community can not choose it them self. It's rocket science for them. And even if they can choose it, it is technically hard to buy, let alone keep it safe in cold wallets. Because in all tokens (except very few) you can only invest using bitcoin.

Yes, you can choose it yourself. But with the app tokens on the rise and more and more ICOs coming out it will become increasingly more difficult to do so. We'll have resources for that. And if you plan to toss few BTC into some project, you will not have time and it won't be economically feasible to fly on the other continent to do proper due diligence and get a much better idea if it's worth investing or not. Again. This is where our added value is.

Because of that it is worth investing in ICN. You're effectively buying share of a company that will be creating added value products and be selling them to outside investors primarily. You will be receiving a dividend in return from realised profits (for as long as we have ICO money, all of profits will be given as dividends).
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 05:48:43 PM

From the balance on the website I think the minimum investment is 0.000X (at least this will be shown)

@ICONOMI I should learn something new, when I firstly invested I was expected to receive 1150 ICN.

Now I realize that I will receive 419, what does this mean, more investors less coins being distributed to the investors right?
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 05:50:36 PM

From the balance on the website I think the minimum investment is 0.000X (at least this will be shown)

@ICONOMI I should learn something new, when I firstly invested I was expected to receive 1150 ICN.

Now I realize that I will receive 419, what does this mean, more investors less coins being distributed to the investors right?

That means more investors, less tokens, and more value.
Pap0u

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 05:59:05 PM

Yes but people are right. They have a fixed amount of shares. It should've been a percentage for the team, not a fixed amount. Yes the value per token goes up but we get less and less tokens, meaning just our initial investment amount, whether it be 10,000 at a $1 or 1 for $10,000. As the investment amount increases, all it does is slash our market growth potential and put big money into the fixed share amount that the team will receive.

ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2016, 06:02:20 PM

This is always the case with these types of ICOs, nothing new about ICONOMI. Don't calculate how many ICNs you get in real-time, just wait for the ICO to end. You have a fixed pie, that is being divided into more number of pieces as more money flow into the ICO, so you'll keep getting progressively fewer tokens.
ICONOMI (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 06:06:52 PM

Yes but people are right. They have a fixed amount of shares. It should've been a percentage for the team, not a fixed amount. Yes the value per token goes up but we get less and less tokens, meaning just our initial investment amount, whether it be 10,000 at a $1 or 1 for $10,000. As the investment amount increases, all it does is slash our market growth potential and put big money into the fixed share amount that the team will receive.

The team members and the ones contributing to the sucess of ICONOMI should be motivated with fixed amount of tokens. If each team member receives a fixed amount in let's say USD denominated value, then they receive same amount if they do lousy job or if they have to pull an allnighter to finish some things on time.
Guess what happens with state employees that make fixed amount of money regardless of their performance.

Besides that. I would like to say it again. We'll publish all addresses of team members and number of tokens for each one of us. And we'll oblidge ourselves not to sell anything before 6 months passes after ICN are out and live. That way, you can be sure team will be motivated to deliver added value, because ICN will be worth more and there won't be any selling before 6 months period.
ICONOMI (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 06:19:11 PM

...you have a strong idea initially, why try to be many other things (Hard wallet, Founders Debit card) when you can do one thing better.

One thing better is exactly that. Hard wallet means we can have top security for our customers who would like to keep their assets with their own private keys. And for outside investors easy to use and secure solutions are magic!

Founders Debit card. There will be debit cards for others as well, but Founders will be limited edition. To keep ICO participants as special members. But why is card important. Because your assets will be then liquid 24/7. You can go to an ATM on Saturday night and withdraw 200 USD from invested funds or ICN tokens. Effectively this will reduce your assets for 200 USD.
But why is this important and why is this possible in our world and not in the old economy? Because only crypto exchanges work and are liquid 24/7. Stock exchanges are open few hours per day Mon-Fri. Forex market is closed during weekends as well. When you swipe your Visa with USD loaded in EUR country on Saturday night, Visa has to wait till Monday morning to exchange your USD into EUR.
Just imagine how powerful that is! Like internet which is "open" 24/7. But libraries are not.

There is still same goal. But with products, security and legal issues covered this strengtens the product even more and protects investors even better!
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 06:38:36 PM

I thought that i bought ICN at xx satoshi rate and now the price has been increase, but seems that another logic is applied here.

What about the USD value which is shown above the estimated amount of ICN.

If I deposited 1BTC when the price was $570 and now the price has been increased to $610 does that mean anything or the amount will be the same whatever the bitcoin price is?
ICONOMI (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 06:47:27 PM

Hey @iconomi, can I get more explanations about how will the ICO funds be used?

According to "the only image" about this on the main website:
- 62% ( $2.000.000,00 so far) will be spent for development. Are you going to build a moonbase?
- 25% ( $780.000,00 so far) for operations. What is "operations"?
- 9% legal and 4% marketing need an explanation as well

What will be the base of the fund? Why are you going to spend such incredible amount for the development? How many developers do you have?

Development is not just writing code. In addition to that, is is security as well - very important part. Development of financial products goes into the same category.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 06:48:40 PM

They are using the same model as other recent ICOs that have all raised more money than they expected when they started.

Funds for the dev team are not a bad thing imo, it motivates them even more to make the project work, as a big part of their pay is in the actual token that they are trying to build.

ICONOMI is looking really good to me, glad I invested some in the first week and now following. I think the cap might be reached in the final week.
Pap0u

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 06:55:22 PM

The team members and the ones contributing to the sucess of ICONOMI should be motivated with fixed amount of tokens. If each team member receives a fixed amount in let's say USD denominated value, then they receive same amount if they do lousy job or if they have to pull an allnighter to finish some things on time.
Guess what happens with state employees that make fixed amount of money regardless of their performance.

Besides that. I would like to say it again. We'll publish all addresses of team members and number of tokens for each one of us. And we'll oblidge ourselves not to sell anything before 6 months passes after ICN are out and live. That way, you can be sure team will be motivated to deliver added value, because ICN will be worth more and there won't be any selling before 6 months period.

Using a percentage rather than a fixed amount, they are still motivated to do good because more money raised, more money per token for them. Bottom line is they are getting the tokens for free, and us investors are giving that token value. But a fixed token while ours diminish I'm sorry is very rip off. Even if they don't dump for 6 months, even better for them, let the market grow it further....you really need a percentage based share amount.

ICONOMI (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 06:58:38 PM

They are using the same model as other recent ICOs that have all raised more money than they expected when they started.

Funds for the dev team are not a bad thing imo, it motivates them even more to make the project work, as a big part of their pay is in the actual token that they are trying to build.

ICONOMI is looking really good to me, glad I invested some in the first week and now following. I think the cap might be reached in the final week.

It indeed motivates the team. Also. Keep in mind that we will publish all the public addresses of team members. Additional to that, team members are all obliged not to move/sell any ICN tokens for the period of at least 6 months after release of ICN tokens.

Guess what that means. That we are all motivated for ICN token to be way more valuable in the next 6months than now. And also, you can't expect any dumping from team members either!
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 1188 »
  Print  

Jump to: