Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:06:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should I delete post that are not discussing the merits of AMC in The AMC Thread?
Yes - 80 (41.9%)
No - 111 (58.1%)
Total Voters: 191

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AMC]-The Official Active Mining Cooperative Discussion  (Read 223286 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitfair

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:57:43 PM

(...) The offering price will be 0.0005 Bitcoins (...)

100 million shares at 0.0005 BTC/share - does that mean that a month-old company whose only apparent tangible assets is a non-delivered order for 6 avalon machines has a value of USD 6.6 million?

No, the capitalization is the number of issues shares times the share price.  This would be 40,000,000 * .0005 = $2,640,000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_capitalization

Understand.

Company: established 2 months ago, assets amounting to one non-delivered order of 6 avalon machines (and some plans about future growth). Market value: USD 2.6 million.

Correct?
Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:17:14 PM

Nowhere I did see the statement that shares would be all selled using solely an "ask wall" method. It was stated that the price could rise due to demand.

Sure, neither does it state that they are sold on Pay-what-you-bid basis.
Exactly. The correct quote on the contract is "If demand is strong enough then share prices may increase throughout the IPO", so we agree that a fixed 0.0005 at all times was never promised?

The assumption you make about the demand is false. It took two months for the volume to decrease from 5 to 4.6mil. He created an illusion of demand by removing the stock of the market. That's the problem.
The stock was issued, you can't "take it back". If you check the Profile>Details tab on Bitfunder, there is 40,000,000 issued. What you mean is that an illusion of scarcity was created when the ask wall at 0.0005 was removed. In the end, that is a benefit for AMC, since it allows to see the real market value of shares, instead of keeping a fixed minimum price. All shareholders benefit from a higher sell value, as it increases the holdings of the company their shares belong to.

Overvalued stock? So, they would be happy to pay higher for their stock, just not to the issuer? They would be really happy now, knowing they had bought from a flipper and not helping AMC a bit. Nice logic there.

Sorry, this make no sense. Of course, they would pay the flipper.
Just in case you did not think that far that's what happens with stocks when IPO is bought out.
Currently when people buy most stock on BitFunder  they are buying it from someone who is flipping.

Thats the big problem with BitFunder and IPOs. It's not designed to handle them well. Only the issuer should be allowed to sell shares during an IPO period.
Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:19:55 PM

Understand.

Company: established 2 months ago, assets amounting to one non-delivered order of 6 avalon machines (and some plans about future growth). Market value: USD 2.6 million.

Correct?

You can't assume market value solely on price, without taking into account volume. Your estimation assumes all shares are sold (volume).

Market capitalization is equal to the share price x shares outstanding. Shares outstanding are all the shares of a corporation or financial asset that have been authorized, issued and purchased by investors and are held by them.
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 03:50:27 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2013, 12:47:11 AM by kslaughter

100 million shares at 0.0005 BTC/share - does that mean that a month-old company whose only apparent tangible assets is a non-delivered order for 6 avalon machines has a value of USD 6.6 million?

No, the capitalization is the number of issues shares times the share price.  This would be 40,000,000 * .0005 = $2,640,000

Understand.

Correct?

6 Avalons, plus 3 more to be built = Total Revenue In A Year Of $274,272.46 As Of Today.
Take 50% To Purchase New Machines To Keep The Revenue Up As The Difficulty Increases.

Capitalize the remaining revenue at 5%,  Value =  $2,742,724.60

So the value of just what the cooperative owns = ~$2.7 Million or $0.068568115/share or 0.000519455 BTC / share

Now, consider the fact that AMC will use the proceeds from the IPO to develop an ASIC for Bitcoin Mining and/or to purchase more mining equipment, you can easily see where the shares in the future could be worth quite a bit more.

In addition, VMC will be paying AMC a 10% royalty on any machines it sells with AMC technology and you have
a cooperative where the share price could explode to the upside.  
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 03:59:09 PM

Understand.

Correct?

Yes, that is correct.
fently

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Bleh!

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:54:53 PM

Understand.

Correct?

Yes, that is correct.

CEO: liar and a manipulator

1) Liar because he made a public false statement that he had shares at 0.0005 when in fact he did not. He subsequently claimed it was a mistake, that he had shares there just a few minutes ago, but this is impossible to do by accident, because he added exactly one share for sale at 0.0005 upon making his statement, and would thus know exactly how many he had there, and since he had moved his ask away from 0.0005 minutes beforehand, he would also know that piece of information. Impossible to do by accident. This is verifiable by anyone with the channel logs and the bid/ask history (which unfortunately would only be bitfunder). The reason I know is because I was the only other ask at 0.0005.

2) Manipulator because he successfully sold shares above 0.0005 and then down to 0.0005 over and over again. Upon discovering this practice, we see that people are feeling tricked and cheated. What looked like an open market was being sold into repeatedly down to 0.0005 by someone with over 39 million shares to sell. This is fact and can be corroborated by the trade history and by the reduction in share counts in the assets list.

So, you may argue the lie was small. You may argue that the manipulation was permitted by the contract. Both plausible positions to take. But it's not plausible to argue that Ken slaughter is trustworthy. On that basis, the asset is worthless.
lysr

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 06:06:50 PM

Understand.

Correct?

Yes, that is correct.

1) Liar because he made a public false statement that he had shares at 0.0005 when in fact he did not. He subsequently claimed it was a mistake, that he had shares there just a few minutes ago, but this is impossible to do by accident, because he added exactly one share for sale at 0.0005 upon making his statement, and would thus know exactly how many he had there, and since he had moved his ask away from 0.0005 minutes beforehand, he would also know that piece of information. Impossible to do by accident. This is verifiable by anyone with the channel logs and the bid/ask history (which unfortunately would only be bitfunder). The reason I know is because I was the only other ask at 0.0005.

2) Manipulator because he successfully sold shares above 0.0005 and then down to 0.0005 over and over again. Upon discovering this practice, we see that people are feeling tricked and cheated. What looked like an open market was being sold into repeatedly down to 0.0005 by someone with over 39 million shares to sell. This is fact and can be corroborated by the trade history and by the reduction in share counts in the assets list.

So, you may argue the lie was small. You may argue that the manipulation was permitted by the contract. Both plausible positions to take. But it's not plausible to argue that Ken slaughter is trustworthy. On that basis, the asset is worthless.
One thing I am sure - He spends a lot of time on the market and not development of his product, that is for sure.
I don't get why people are still buying his shit, his main focus is milking every bitcoin possible from but not trying his best to benefit all his shareholders.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 06:25:56 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 06:56:57 PM by kslaughter

Understand.

Correct?

Yes, that is correct.

You are right, you were trying to frame me and you did, so congratulations on your plan.  You are just a speculator that got caught and now your're mad.  Any LONG TERM investor in
AMC will be way ahead on their investment in the LONG RUN.  AMC, in its actions, were trying to raise funds to purchase more machines from VMC to make the "LONG TERM INVESTORS" more return on their investment.  Also you may notice that this is a self-moderated thread, but I did not delete your comments.  The reason for not deleting your post is that I believe in Freedom Of Speech; however, you must be 100% truthful in your comments.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 06:28:10 PM

Understand.

Correct?

Yes, that is correct.

One thing I am sure - He spends a lot of time on the market and not development of his product, that is for sure.
I don't get why people are still buying his shit, his main focus is milking every bitcoin possible from but not trying his best to benefit all his shareholders.

Yes you are right, I spend a lot of time on the market, that was because my team and I was driving back from Bitcoin 2013.  During the drive we were able to
brain storm some great ideas which will make AMC investors a lot of money.
fently

Activity: 66

Bleh!

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 07:00:16 PM

Understand.

Correct?

Yes, that is correct.

You are right, you were trying to frame me and you did, so congratulations on your plan.  You are just a speculator that got caught and now your're mad.  Any LONG TERM investor in
AMC will be way ahead on their investment in the LONG RUN.  AMC, in its actions, were trying to raise funds to purchase more machines from VMC to make the "LONG TERM INVESTORS" more return on their investment.  Also you may notice that this is a self-moderated thread, but I did not delete your comments.  The reason for not deleting your post is that I believe in Freedom Of Speech; however, you must be 100% truthful in your comments.

Caught in a lie, and still trying to carry on. I wasn't trying to frame you. I stated you had no asks at 0.0005 because I was the only ask at the time. You added one share at that price, and then stated that you did have shares  at that price. Which was a lie. Framing you would mean making you look guilty for something you didn't do. But you did this, and you've acknowledged it. You are the CEO of the company and you are publicly lying about your share selling activity. And the IPO isn't even over yet. And you dare suggest that I am the one who needs to be 100% truthful? Hey, I'm not the liar here.
lewicki

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 07:05:30 PM

Understand.

Correct?

Yes, that is correct.

Caught in a lie, and still trying to carry on. I wasn't trying to frame you. I stated you had no asks at 0.0005 because I was the only ask at the time. You added one share at that price, and then stated that you did have shares  at that price. Which was a lie. Framing you would mean making you look guilty for something you didn't do. But you did this, and you've acknowledged it. You are the CEO of the company and you are publicly lying about your share selling activity. And the IPO isn't even over yet. And you dare suggest that I am the one who needs to be 100% truthful? Hey, I'm not the liar here.

Can you please continue this conversation in PMs. We know what you are saying and have heard you say it repeatedly. I personally don't want to hear about it anymore. The dog has been beaten, beaten, and beaten again.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 07:08:08 PM

Understand.

Correct?

Yes, that is correct.

Caught in a lie, and still trying to carry on. I wasn't trying to frame you. I stated you had no asks at 0.0005 because I was the only ask at the time. You added one share at that price, and then stated that you did have shares  at that price. Which was a lie. Framing you would mean making you look guilty for something you didn't do. But you did this, and you've acknowledged it. You are the CEO of the company and you are publicly lying about your share selling activity. And the IPO isn't even over yet. And you dare suggest that I am the one who needs to be 100% truthful? Hey, I'm not the liar here.

Can you please continue this conversation in PMs. We know what you are saying and have heard you say it repeatedly. I personally don't want to hear about it anymore. The dog has been beaten, beaten, and beaten again.

I'll second that motion.
bryan567

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 07:22:15 PM

Motion 3rded. Let's move on.

Can you tell us anything about this "Major Semiconductor Company"? Who are they? What have they made before?

*disclosure I own AMC shares.
madmalkav

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:32:00 PM

Motion 3rded. Let's move on.

Totally agree

Can you tell us anything about this "Major Semiconductor Company"?

If I understand correctly what "NDA" means, no, he can't.
Surprise

Activity: 77

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 09:02:55 PM

Lets move on, its been 3 pages of people talking the IPO thing to death. Points have been made let the readers and investors decide for themselves what to do with the info.

lewicki

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:13:42 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 09:29:43 PM by lewicki

It was so bad that it was almost as if there was a conflict of interest. As if they owned a competing security and were trying to put it down... but I digress.

Is there a due date, waiting line, or tracking# for the 6 Avalons?
lewicki

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:14:59 PM

People are chewing away at the 500k ask, and we are now into the 400s, so that's at least some good news Smiley
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:21:24 PM

It was so bad that it was almost as if there was a conflict of interest. As if they owned a competing security and were trying to put it down... but I regress.

Is there a due date, waiting line, or tracking# for the 6 Avalons?

I believe there was a conversation Ken had with Mr Avalon at the conference, where delivery may take place this coming week. You would have to take that as a stock response, as im sure they would have been asked the same question from many purchasers.
lewicki

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:43:47 PM

Another 100k was just picked up. Ask wall in the 300s now. That's not to say that another ask wall won't be put back up (I believe there will); however buying interest is always good.
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:44:46 PM

That was a nice 100k buy. Thanks  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: