Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:10:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should I delete post that are not discussing the merits of AMC in The AMC Thread?
Yes - 80 (41.9%)
No - 111 (58.1%)
Total Voters: 191

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AMC]-The Official Active Mining Cooperative Discussion  (Read 223286 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:37:51 PM

So, why is eASIC that important? And why is our partnership with them just ACE?

1) Fast Turnaround ASICs
eASIC uses a specific manufacturing process for quick chip delivery, that only relies on customizing the metal layer of the chip. All other layers are EQUAL on all their chips, for any other client, they use a structured ASIC approach.

What does this mean: It means wafers can enter production THE SAME DAY as we pay the NRE. THERE IS NO MASK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"When it comes to device manufacturing and test, eASIC Nextreme-2 family takes only a fraction of the time of standard cell ASICs as only one via layer needs to be customized for each design. This means that wafer manufacturing can start much earlier and even during the design stage itself. The short manufacturing and test cycle enables designers to bring new products to market quickly and also rapidly develop derivative products to cater for changing market requirements."

2) easicopy ASIC migration

What does this mean: It means once we move our chip to that process, not only will it be faster, it will be cheaper and with less power requirements.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:47:38 PM

eASIC Announces easicopy™ ASIC

Santa Clara, CA – May 25, 2011 – eASIC Corporation today announced the immediate availability of “easicopy™”, an ASIC migration product that provides custom chip designers with a simple, low-risk migration path from eASIC Nextreme and Nextreme-2 NEW ASICs to cell-based ASIC devices.The addition of easicopy™ enables OEMs to continue to innovate and quickly ramp to volume production using eASIC Nextreme series devices, and now migrate to lower cost easicopy™ cell-based ASIC when designs ramp to extremely high volumes.

OEMs typically engage in an easicopy™ design once their lower up-front cost Nexteme series design has been proven and is profitably ramping in production. eASIC engineers seamlessly migrate the Nextreme or Nextreme-2 design netlist to an easicopy™ solution taking care of arduous tasks such as DFT insertion, ATPG, I/O ring and power mesh design, clock tree synthesis, package design, routing, extraction, IR drop and formal verification. While eASIC engineers are migrating the design to easicopy™, OEMs continue to profitably ramp in production with the Nextreme series design, thereby mitigating overall design and production risks. Once the easicopy™ design is complete OEMs are able to switch production from their Nextreme or Nextreme-2 design to easicopy™ in order increase gross margins even further.

“Seagate is delighted to have launched Momentus®XT, the industry’s first solid state hybrid drive, using the easicopy ASIC Migration product,” said Kurt Richarz, Seagate executive vice president of sales. “We were able to use Nextreme NEW ASICs to accelerate time-to-market of Momentus®XT. eASIC seamlessly migrated our design to easicopy™. We see easicopy™ as a natural extension to our value engineering programs as we take products from initial ramp through to very high volumes.”

“We are seeing more customers who are successfully in volume production with their Nextreme series devices, wanting to ramp to very high volumes,” said Jasbinder Bhoot, Vice President of Worldwide Marketing, eASIC Corporation.“The combination of low-up front cost Nextreme series devices,and the lowest unit cost of easicopy™ solutions now gives customers the power to freely innovate and seamlessly ramp successful innovations from hundreds of thousands of units to millions of units, all with eASIC.”

And what does this have to do with anything?

It is obvious when you look at a condenced version (I just removed words):

eASIC Corporation easicopy™ ASIC eASIC, Nextreme and Nextreme-2, NEW ASICs cell-based ASIC devices.
The addition of easicopy™  OEMs Nextreme easicopy™, high volumes!

Nextreme-2 design netlist to an easicopy™ solution, such as DFT insertion, ATPG, I/O ring and power mesh design, clock tree synthesis, package design, routing, extraction, IR drop and formal verification.

Easicopy™, OEMs.

Seagate is delighted, Momentus®XT, hybrid drive, easicopy ASIC Migration product.
Momentus®XT!!

eASIC Corporation, Nextreme series devices power successful innovations hundreds of thousands of  millions of eASIC.

It is for you to be amazed, and stop wondering too much Smiley

This is about as related to fast-hash as it would be to post news involving intel because they use Intel laptops to post on Bitcointalk.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:49:56 PM

Relevant for those investing in AMC-PT. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241415.0;all

Also: What are these wild claims coming from? 'World fastest chip?" Both Bitfury and KNC miner has announced chips in 55nm/28nm that are expected for delivery in SEPTEMBER with same/competing hash rates. KNC's chip is a 55x55mm core @ 100 GH/s and Bitfury is a multicore chip capable of 0.3W per 1GH. What justifies a $25 MILLION valuation for a company with no track record, and a few 1000 BTC in total assets?

LOL! So, a Jupiter miner of 350GH/s will use 3.5 chips then? Grin Grin Grin

Read their announcement.
ChronoX5

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:52:32 PM

[...]

Now I kind of understand why Ken didn't want to disclose the manufacturer. They seem to have an edge by having very low entry costs.

Please keep in mind that I am currently trading/holding shares of ASIC Miner, ActiveMining, Rentalstarter, Labcoin and may be posting in my own interest. Always do your own research.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:53:44 PM

1) Fast Turnaround ASICs
eASIC uses a specific manufacturing process for quick chip delivery, that only relies on customizing the metal layer of the chip. All other layers are EQUAL on all their chips, for any other client, they use a structured ASIC approach.

What does this mean: It means wafers can enter production THE SAME DAY as we pay the NRE. THERE IS NO MASK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"When it comes to device manufacturing and test, eASIC Nextreme-2 family takes only a fraction of the time of standard cell ASICs as only one via layer needs to be customized for each design. This means that wafer manufacturing can start much earlier and even during the design stage itself. The short manufacturing and test cycle enables designers to bring new products to market quickly and also rapidly develop derivative products to cater for changing market requirements."

2) easicopy ASIC migration

What does this mean: It means once we move our chip to that process, not only will it be faster, it will be cheaper and with less power requirements.

Omelette du Fromage delivered with a certain je ne se qua, me thinks. Just love your servings Vbs.  Wink
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:55:45 PM

Looks like the fun is over before it even started Smiley

Its price is not a very relevant factor in its adoption....
grimholt

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:56:03 PM

People need to stop panic-selling at once they see the prices dropping a bit and start realizing the nature of the situation: the news given today holds great promise for the future of AMC and the production process chosen gives AMC an advantage in the ASIC race.

As Vbs states the wafer production can start the moment the NRE is paid! This means the faster the 0.0025 wall falls, the faster the chips will get made and thus the faster AMC can start large scale mining!

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Vbs

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:56:11 PM

Relevant for those investing in AMC-PT. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241415.0;all

Also: What are these wild claims coming from? 'World fastest chip?" Both Bitfury and KNC miner has announced chips in 55nm/28nm that are expected for delivery in SEPTEMBER with same/competing hash rates. KNC's chip is a 55x55mm core @ 100 GH/s and Bitfury is a multicore chip capable of 0.3W per 1GH. What justifies a $25 MILLION valuation for a company with no track record, and a few 1000 BTC in total assets?

LOL! So, a Jupiter miner of 350GH/s will use 3.5 chips then? Grin Grin Grin

Read their announcement.

Please link it to me. I also very much would like to see the power figures on a 100GH/s chip.

Maybe you should tell them to modify their Jupiter image on their webpage? Seems so big for a 3.5 chip machine! And watercooled! Oh my! I can only imagine the overclock those chips will run at! Smiley
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 12:05:59 AM

There are so many insecurities, man-sized holes, and pure 'makes no sense' holes in the entire 'business' and it's relationships with other companies I don't even know where to start. I am 100% totally jealous of the company owners that have managed to secure their retirement in a few weeks. Buying shares @ current value? HELL NO!

I'm all ears. What are your precise objections?
Precise? Oh well how about:

100 Fast-Hash-80's**    @ 80 GH/s each for a total of: 8 TH/s
Specifications: 110nm 282 MH/s chip 75 chips per board 4 boards per unit
Estimated retail value @ ~$6,000 each for a total of $600,000
(Estimated to be delivered August 2013)

We are on schedule to receive 62 of these machine by the end of August.  We have 20,000 chips on order from
Avalon for these machines.

Now, I think you are a competitor just trying to spread FUD about AMC, I have looked at some of your
post and you seem to be tied to KnC as your forum name suggest "TheSwede75". and this:

[Group Buy #2] 1 KNC Miner Saturn 175 GH/s miner + hosting (10 shares) CLOSED

which is your group buy for KNC equipment.  Case Closed.

I googled "EASIC + ORSOC" and discovered

-since 2006, ORSoC resells eASIC products (is KnC using them???)
-eASIC has 51-200 employees and was founded in 1999, backed by multiple Silicon Valley VC super-heavyweights
-ORSoC has 11-50 employess and was founded in 2004

I've in several KnC group buys, but it looks like AMC will give them a run for the money.

Vbs, thanks for the awesome, sexy chip pr0n!   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
lewicki

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:06:10 AM

I'm not entirely sure what people were expecting. The news is better than expected. Were they looking for the chips to be ready today? No one said anything of the such.

AMC provided the news that we all wanted to hear. They need money now to make the chips. The faster AMC raises the money, the faster the chips get made.

The conflict of interest and FUD in this thread is palpable.
ShroomsKit

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:07:08 AM

I'm not entirely sure what people were expecting. The news is better than expected. Were they looking for the chips to be ready today? No one said anything of the such.

AMC provided the news that we all wanted to hear. They need money now to make the chips. The faster AMC raises the money, the faster the chips get made.

Good luck trying to reverse the panic selling.

Ac3Upz

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:12:12 AM

Here you go:  Grin
Thanks for the answers. I also read the most of this thread.

8 ) the profit calculation in contract is based on assumption that the difficulty will rise only by 6.5% on average for next 24 months
No the profit calculation in the contract is based on a 40 times increase in the difficulty in the next 25 months.  Also, there is a growth and expansion fund which receives 50% of the revenue for the next ~10 Months to purchase more mining equipment to keep up and exceed the difficulty raise.
Everyone can calculate what the diffculty will be depending on avarege increase here: http://btc.re/?t=miningcalc (just look at the difficulty, ignore the rest). Next difficulty change will be around 9%, last two times it was around 20%. Altough I don't think that this pace is sustainable I'm afraid that the difficulty assumed in two years in contract (358,971,840) is underestimated.

7) kslaughter is now selling the shares for 0.0025, but can later sell more for 0.0005 as stated in the summary at bifunder (also that has happened before).
Yes, this has happened before, due to the Bitfunder "God" Ukto forcing AMC to sale shares at .0005 when the market price was .0008.
I was talking about you dumping shares to drive the price from 0.001 to 0.0005 (also you used bid walls to drive the price up) then saying that for long term investors in doesn't matter. You were forced by Ukto and others to repay that.

9) shares have no voting rights - does it mean that contract can be changed? Or that shares can be diluted (more than 100,000,000 issued)?
The contract can not be changed.  There can not be anymore than 100,000,000 shares issued.
I tought so, unfortunately it isn't stated in the contract (I asked because you have been creative with filling the contract before).

One more issue, I think that there is just too much shares to be sold.
5,000,000 early adopter shares originally issued
2,000,000 early adopter shares 2nd round
2,000,000 bitfunder amc-pt btct.co shares
There is still 11,000,000 shares to be sold to "early adopters" (plus the 3,000,000 not sold yet in the 2nd round). That's $3,500,000 @0.0025

I'm not saying that Ken is a scammer, I'm just sceptical about the price and the contract.

Also everyone beware that the Vbs member is the biggest fanboy of AMC here, totally blind to any criticism.
ronaldlee0917

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:21:39 AM

I think the crash is more to do with btc/usd price crash more.

Donation:    18zXsfnSvGjQFJ6pEiKMg2uWGcxUCfJLzu
Mastercoin - A new protocol layer built on top of Bitcoin
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 12:22:22 AM

Really what better is it to have shares at BTCT.co if it's a PT?
I mean if Bitfunder goes down or WeExchange go down, we are still f*cked when BTCT.co is buying shares from BitFunder as a PT.
Am I missing something here?

It's actually Ken issuing the shares on BTC-TC.  It's likely a PT to keep accounting easier.
ShroomsKit

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:23:14 AM

Don't think so.
The buying stopped minutes after people here started questioning the "good news" and soon after the selling started.
I could be wrong.

grimholt

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:25:19 AM

Exactly what people need to realize. Stop refreshing the charts every 5 seconds and instead get a grasp on how good these news actually are.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:25:41 AM

LOL, now we are really pulling at straws.  A fluctuation of 2-3 dollars is keeping people from investing in "the fastest, most awesomest super duper chip design ever?"
ShroomsKit

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:28:46 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 12:58:18 AM by ShroomsKit

LOL, now we are really pulling at straws.  A fluctuation of 2-3 dollars is keeping people from investing in "the fastest, most awesomest super duper chip design ever?"

I just realized it wasn't smart of me to buy shares when there are TONS of shares yet to be sold. Anything could happen before it reaches its last 100k shares. And that should've been the point where i should buy. If people stop buying halfway you're screwed.
Learned something for next time Smiley

crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:37:55 AM

I just realized it wasn't smart of me to buy shares when there are TONS of shares yet to be sold. Anything could happen before it reaches it last 100k shares. And that should've been the point where i should buy. If people stop buying halfway you're screwed.

Ya i just thought about that also...oh well if it doesn't happen .47btc gone...and yes i'm foolish/careless...I bought those w/o doin any reading

missed the golden AM boat and hell the very golden boat of btc all together...just swimming behind it trying to catch up sucks, so might as well take a gamble n hope i don't crap out but with my luck we're all doomed  Tongue Cheesy Kiss

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
ShroomsKit

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:42:17 AM

I just realized it wasn't smart of me to buy shares when there are TONS of shares yet to be sold. Anything could happen before it reaches it last 100k shares. And that should've been the point where i should buy. If people stop buying halfway you're screwed.

Ya i just thought about that also...oh well if it doesn't happen .47btc gone...and yes i'm foolish/careless...I bought those w/o doin any reading

missed the golden AM boat and hell the very golden boat of btc all together...just swimming behind it trying to catch up sucks, so might as well take a gamble n hope i don't crap out but with my luck we're all doomed  Tongue Cheesy Kiss

I think it will be fine although it's not a good sign when people stop buying after only 1/4 of the shares are gone.
Might be a fluke. We'll find out soon.

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: