Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:40:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should I delete post that are not discussing the merits of AMC in The AMC Thread?
Yes - 80 (41.9%)
No - 111 (58.1%)
Total Voters: 191

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AMC]-The Official Active Mining Cooperative Discussion  (Read 223286 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lolstate

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 09:24:53 AM

The fact the thread has been filled with so much FUD for the last 24h makes me believe there's been a huge effort to take the price down, making unexperienced investors sell their shares as cheaply as possible. This is a great deal for manipulators, as the can buy into AMC at a low price,

If that's the case why is no-one buying at 0.001? It's almost pre-news bargain price. I think no conspiracy just lack of confidence.

I'm sure the FUD on this thread being 99% speculation and 1% only for discussing the actual news and projections for AMC has a huge part in that.

People are scared. It will pass.

I can only assume that you will be investing heavily in the December batch of the Avalon clones at $6k a pop. By the way, if you want some for the "Bargain price" of $5.500 I will sell you as many as you want. Absolutely no limit.  PM me for any quantity!

Will you stop with the FUD already? The price you quote for the machines to be delivered from VMC to AMC is a red herring. The machines will be delivered to AMC at cost price minus 10%. The current retail price has nothing to do with it. What *will* be delivered is the hashing power stated by Ken in the original prospectus at cost price minus 10% when manufacture/delivery is made.

Buying more shares now. Anyone care to join me?  Grin
ArcticWolf

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 09:29:25 AM

TheSwede75 has been pushing the hate train with all his might. I really wonder what his ulterior motive is...

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
lolstate

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 09:35:29 AM

TheSwede75 has been pushing the hate train with all his might. I really wonder what his ulterior motive is...

As with all things Bitcoin related, there is healthy skepticism, cautious optimism and FUD. TheSwede75 is the later. Swede, give it a rest, we have all read your 'concerns' and thank you for your 'insight'. Now back to the main event... how long before we hit 0.0025? I say Monday (1st July 2013) at the latest, but I'm honest enough to admit this is cautious optimism and I could be wrong, right Swede?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Edit: added Monday's date for the benefit of readers looking back in 3 months and ltfao at Swede's antics.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 09:43:21 AM

THEIR motive, more like. Some of the comments coming from senior members, operators, and issuers, have a coordinated feel to them, from where im sitting.
Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 10:00:47 AM

You must be sniffing glue or something. KNC has delivery date of sept/oct and AMC is aiming for what, early spring of 2014.. Who cares how awesome the chips are when diff increases 20% ever 10 days you will still be stuck with a fantastic toaster by mid 2014 no matter what density or package.

I'm still trying to understand the financial logic that allows AMC to sell avalon clones for $6000 in December, can you explain?

Yes, I'll explain it to you. It doesn't matter if AMC gets its chips in 2014, 2015 or 2016.

What matters is bitcoin mining is transitioning to a corporate structure, so whoever can make their own chips and buy them as cheap as possible, will have the ultimate advantage.

As more and more hardware is bought, the cost for owning significant network % goes up and up. Do you think individual miners paying extra for their hardware will stand? I don't.

AMC is in a good position right now, as a partnership with eAsic allows the chip to be converted to ever decreasing transistor sizes, when they are available, almost effortlessly.

Fast access to hardware and a very low cost is all that matters, independently of the time you do it. Asicminer proved that to any significant GPU farm holder. Smiley
pikeadz

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 10:22:09 AM

The fact the thread has been filled with so much FUD for the last 24h makes me believe there's been a huge effort to take the price down, making unexperienced investors sell their shares as cheaply as possible. This is a great deal for manipulators, as the can buy into AMC at a low price,

If that's the case why is no-one buying at 0.001? It's almost pre-news bargain price. I think no conspiracy just lack of confidence.

I'm sure the FUD on this thread being 99% speculation and 1% only for discussing the actual news and projections for AMC has a huge part in that.

I can only assume that you will be investing heavily in the December batch of the Avalon clones at $6k a pop. By the way, if you want some for the "Bargain price" of $5.500 I will sell you as many as you want. Absolutely no limit.  PM me for any quantity!

Will you stop with the FUD already? The price you quote for the machines to be delivered from VMC to AMC is a red herring. The machines will be delivered to AMC at cost price minus 10%. The current retail price has nothing to do with it. What *will* be delivered is the hashing power stated by Ken in the original prospectus at cost price minus 10% when manufacture/delivery is made.

Scooped more up at .00082 yesterday.  I am very patient.
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 10:33:54 AM

I can only assume that you will be investing heavily in the December batch of the Avalon clones at $6k a pop. By the way, if you want some for the "Bargain price" of $5.500 I will sell you as many as you want. Absolutely no limit.  PM me for any quantity!

Scooped more up at .00082 yesterday.  I am very patient.

Anyone who was able to buy @ ~.0008, but didn't, needs a lesson in Risk/Reward calculations.
Smidge

Activity: 218

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 11:15:13 AM

Anyone who was able to buy @ ~.0008, but didn't, needs a lesson in Risk/Reward calculations.
Interesting statement. Care to elaborate?

BTC: 19dB148YewttZRVwF7WF8ZuT7uqnnjibkC
LTC: LPBi1LPqs1MY1tQKQ4wGG6gjwrcszFek6s
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:13:51 PM

Sure.
Entering any trade is essentially an individuals judgement of the value of what he/she has just bought, together with what the perceived value it should be, according to that individual. How does anyone perceive what 'value' is at a given time? Thats a subjective question with many results, which is good, or we would have a very flat and boring market, with no opportunities. Whatever strategies or techniques you employ, it cannot be based on emotion.
Anybody who has had the briefest experience of established market trading, will know that emotion destroys all the think processes you need to judge a given share/future/option etc. And thats my point. The adolescents here either need to either log off and choose their favorite toy to play with, on this fine Saturday (here anyway), OR realize they may not know anywhere near enough to 'survive' these kind of markets, and get a fucking education, or i WILL take your BTC, and you WILL buy mine, and you WILL lose. Sorry, that's what i see, because that's what happened. 

So i repeat my previous post, as something to consider. Sentiment @ ~.0008 was nicely positive. It was an accepted level of value at that time, without knowing any details of the NDA, and knowing we had the Avalon/s and chips coming. There were some people who it seemed could not put together what AMC was trying to achieve, and i would accept that as understandable to some extent, but this recent news sets out a reasonably detailed plan, that should provide some kind of vision to price against.
Whats the value today? You decide, but make sure you have arrived at a figure that is based on reasoned thinking, and not correlated to the amount of adrenalin rushing through your ignorant veins. Whatever the value is, its definitely more than .0008 of anyone's money (currently ~.00130).

Disclaimer: I DO NOT offer advice, only considerations.
pikeadz

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:33:04 PM

Sure.
Entering any trade is essentially an individuals judgement of the value of what he/she has just bought, together with what the perceived value it should be, according to that individual. How does anyone perceive what 'value' is at a given time? Thats a subjective question with many results, which is good, or we would have a very flat and boring market, with no opportunities. Whatever strategies or techniques you employ, it cannot be based on emotion.
Anybody who has had the briefest experience of established market trading, will know that emotion destroys all the think processes you need to judge a given share/future/option etc. And thats my point. The adolescents here either need to either log off and choose their favorite toy to play with, on this fine Saturday (here anyway), OR realize they may not know anywhere near enough to 'survive' these kind of markets, and get a fucking education, or i WILL take your BTC, and you WILL buy mine, and you WILL lose. Sorry, that's what i see, because that's what happened.  

So i repeat my previous post, as something to consider. Sentiment @ ~.0008 was nicely positive. It was an accepted level of value at that time, without knowing any details of the NDA, and knowing we had the Avalon/s and chips coming. There were some people who it seemed could not put together what AMC was trying to achieve, and i would accept that as understandable to some extent, but this recent news sets out a reasonably detailed plan, that should provide some kind of vision to price against.
Whats the value today? You decide, but make sure you have arrived at a figure that is based on reasoned thinking, and not correlated to the amount of adrenalin rushing through your ignorant veins. Whatever the value is, its definitely more than .0008 of anyone's money (currently ~.00130).

In fewer words, I bought at .00082 because that was the price before the announcement.  I asked myself "what about the announcement could make this thing worth LESS than what is was worth before the announcement?"  The answer was nothing.

Admittedly, I also bought some of the newly released shares at .0025, which I regret now, but suspect I won't regret at this time next year.  
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:37:59 PM

Sure.

In fewer words, I bought at .00082 because that was the price before the announcement.  I asked myself "what about the announcement could make this thing worth LESS than what is was worth before the announcement?"  The answer was nothing.

Admittedly, I also bought some of the newly released shares at .0025, which I regret now, but suspect I won't regret at this time next year.  

BINGO. Perfect trading reasoning. +1
Smidge

Activity: 218

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:42:08 PM

Sure.

Emotion destroys the think processes that you need to judge a given share/future/option. I agree wholeheartedly.

That is, IF you have these think processes in the first place. The majority of the people here are not investors in the real world and do not have an investor mindset. Which means, they are highly affected by emotions, group dynamics etc.

The effect of those people basically buying any security that comes onto the virtual currency "market" is amplified by the fact that many of them bought BTC when prices were higher and now feel an urge to invest and "get back their losses" asap through dividends etc.

But that has not much to do with the valuation of a security, i.e. it being "cheap" at .0008. My point being, most of the people do not care about valuation because they don't evaluate the security to begin with.

BTC: 19dB148YewttZRVwF7WF8ZuT7uqnnjibkC
LTC: LPBi1LPqs1MY1tQKQ4wGG6gjwrcszFek6s
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:57:26 PM

Sure.

Emotion destroys the think processes that you need to judge a given share/future/option. I agree wholeheartedly.

That is, IF you have these think processes in the first place. The majority of the people here are not investors in the real world and do not have an investor mindset. Which means, they are highly affected by emotions, group dynamics etc.

The effect of those people basically buying any security that comes onto the virtual currency "market" is amplified by the fact that many of them bought BTC when prices were higher and now feel an urge to invest and "get back their losses" asap through dividends etc.

But that has not much to do with the valuation of a security, i.e. it being "cheap" at .0008. My point being, most of the people do not care about valuation because they don't evaluate the security to begin with.

Yep agreed. And its the oddest mix of participants ive ever experienced. Its great for volume and the opportunities it brings to the table, but ive visions of parents noticing a mood change in their children's behavior, and then finding out little Johnny has lost all his pocket money savings..... and his friends, on some highly risky and unregulated trading site.
Dont look good does it. 

TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:16:02 PM

FUD? It's right there in the information on BTCT.CO? What do you mean "current retail price has nothing to do with it"? The $6k price and delivery dates is the basis for their entire profit calculations..

I don't get people that wish the "FUD" would stop, all while not offering any explanations to the concerns people have.

I have several times stated that I don't believe the intent is to scam anyone, and that my concern is based on the second IPO being made at a vastly inflated price before any important info, product or other has been released, and the calculations around the profit on the miners is just not holding up.

So far no one has been able to provide me with any reason to change my view that the current profit calculations just don't hold water at all based available info, and that makes me believe that current share price is far too high. Period.
lolstate

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:38:50 PM

FUD? It's right there in the information on BTCT.CO? What do you mean "current retail price has nothing to do with it"? The $6k price and delivery dates is the basis for their entire profit calculations..

I don't get people that wish the "FUD" would stop, all while not offering any explanations to the concerns people have.

I have several times stated that I don't believe the intent is to scam anyone, and that my concern is based on the second IPO being made at a vastly inflated price before any important info, product or other has been released, and the calculations around the profit on the miners is just not holding up.

So far no one has been able to provide me with any reason to change my view that the current profit calculations just don't hold water at all based available info, and that makes me believe that current share price is far too high. Period.

Swede, the original AMC prospectus was written by Ken, not an investment bank. You are clearly picking out sentences that with hindsight could have been written more carefully and using them to construct a distorted narrative, that I have concluded is a lame attempt at FUD. You are not as bad as Megamouth, I'll give you that, that kid is in a FUD league of his own.
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:46:40 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2013, 02:00:30 PM by stereotype

DONT REPLY

EDIT: The toy was not chosen, and the education will have to wait another day, it appears. I tried.
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:58:22 PM

DONT REPLY

^ you
steveioio

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:11:48 PM

The address is posted on the btct.co asset details page.

Office Address:

Active Mining Corporation
95 Wilton Road
Suite 3
London
SW1V 1BZ
United Kingdom
Fax: +44 (0)20 3004 1756

umm... lol?

Not sure where this address was found - is it a genuine AMC claimed address on their website?

Just a little research shows that this address and specifically 'Suite 3' was  used circa 2007  by Italian money launderers and scam artists some of who have been jailed for a multi-million pound internet fraud.
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2009/02/422284.html?c=on

A link on that page shows the 'Suite 3' address is infamous in the arena of London-based scam companies (currently still registered as well as historic) many many of which have been set up claiming 'Suite 3' as their 'office'. Apparently there is probably no office or suite at the property just a seemingly very 'accommodating' Mail hosting operation.
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/wsr-csr-corporation-worldwide-england-greater-london-c142076.html

What does this prove? Well it proves that AMC are pretending they have a London office that is infact a mailbox. It also proves AMC are using the exactly the same distancing and 'keeping anonymous' techniques that scam artists successfully use. Anything else? I have a question - Should a 25mill dollar business be using an anonymous mailbox as used by convicted scammers, or should they have a bit more transparency?

ArcticWolf

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:14:33 PM

The address is posted on the btct.co asset details page.

Office Address:

Active Mining Corporation
95 Wilton Road
Suite 3
London
SW1V 1BZ
United Kingdom
Fax: +44 (0)20 3004 1756

umm... lol?

Not sure where this address was found - is it a genuine AMC claimed address on their website?

Just a little research shows that this address and specifically 'Suite 3' was  used circa 2007  by Italian money launderers and scam artists some of who have been jailed for a multi-million pound internet fraud.
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2009/02/422284.html?c=on

A link on that page shows the 'Suite 3' address is infamous in the arena of London-based scam companies (currently still registered as well as historic) many many of which have been set up claiming 'Suite 3' as their 'office'. Apparently there is probably no office or suite at the property just a seemingly very 'accommodating' Mail hosting operation.
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/wsr-csr-corporation-worldwide-england-greater-london-c142076.html

What does this prove? Well it proves that AMC are pretending they have a London office that is infact a mailbox. It also proves AMC are using the exactly the same distancing and 'keeping anonymous' techniques that scam artists successfully use. Anything else? I have a question - Should a 25mill dollar business be using an anonymous mailbox as used by convicted scammers, or should they have a bit more transparency?

This is an apple. It is red. This is a fire hydrant. It is also red. Therefore the fire hydrant is CLEARLY AN APPLE.

Worst. Logic. Ever.

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
Surprise

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 02:27:05 PM

Bitcoinstore, TAT, Swede, and everyone else who thinks AMC is going down or is overpriced why won't any of you sell me call options? If you don't like the terms of mine I'm letting you make counter offers. I think your failure to put money behind your posts speaks louder than anything you have to say at this point.

Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: