Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:13:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should I delete post that are not discussing the merits of AMC in The AMC Thread?
Yes - 80 (41.9%)
No - 111 (58.1%)
Total Voters: 191

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AMC]-The Official Active Mining Cooperative Discussion  (Read 223286 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:33:10 PM

Bitcoinstore, TAT, Swede, and everyone else who thinks AMC is going down or is overpriced why won't any of you sell me call options? If you don't like the terms of mine I'm letting you make counter offers. I think your failure to put money behind your posts speaks louder than anything you have to say at this point.

I have 81 on BTCT explain how to do this and ill do it.
Surprise

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 02:46:14 PM

Bitcoinstore, TAT, Swede, and everyone else who thinks AMC is going down or is overpriced why won't any of you sell me call options? If you don't like the terms of mine I'm letting you make counter offers. I think your failure to put money behind your posts speaks louder than anything you have to say at this point.

I have 81 on BTCT explain how to do this and ill do it.

Read my thread at the link below and remember the details are negotiable. If you don't want to use John K as an escrow and instead want to trade on BTCT I'll buy off you on BTCT. Do realize that selling call options on BTCT requires you to buy and hold them for a period of 3 months, which is something I doubt you want to do if you think AMC is a bad asset. This is why I'm letting you sell me the options "naked" as long as you post some collateral to ensure you can follow through on your end of the deal. I look forward to your counter offer.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245354.20

steveioio

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:47:04 PM

Worst. Logic. Ever.

Worst grammar ever. Why have you put a full stop at the end of these words? Are you insane?

I very explicitly DID NOT say that because AMC use an address having a long history of scam setup companies that this makes AMC a similar scam setup company. Did you not notice that?

EDIT - corrected typo, embarrassed? Just a bit.
steveioio

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:51:38 PM

Very nice find! What looks like a scam, smells like a scam and tastes like a scam probably is a scam.

Personally I wouldn't quite put it like that, I would say there is clearly the possibility that this is a scam and as a result everyone should protect themselves as best they can. This could be a success long term but equally it could be a scam - these are facts.

Until the scam scenario is disproved (as it could be with more transparency) you would be a fool to have a big exposure to AMC shares.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:53:47 PM

The fact the thread has been filled with so much FUD for the last 24h makes me believe there's been a huge effort to take the price down, making unexperienced investors sell their shares as cheaply as possible. This is a great deal for manipulators, as the can buy into AMC at a low price,

If that's the case why is no-one buying at 0.001? It's almost pre-news bargain price. I think no conspiracy just lack of confidence.

I'm sure the FUD on this thread being 99% speculation and 1% only for discussing the actual news and projections for AMC has a huge part in that.

People are scared. It will pass.

I can only assume that you will be investing heavily in the December batch of the Avalon clones at $6k a pop. By the way, if you want some for the "Bargain price" of $5.500 I will sell you as many as you want. Absolutely no limit.  PM me for any quantity!

Will you stop with the FUD already? The price you quote for the machines to be delivered from VMC to AMC is a red herring. The machines will be delivered to AMC at cost price minus 10%. The current retail price has nothing to do with it. What *will* be delivered is the hashing power stated by Ken in the original prospectus at cost price minus 10% when manufacture/delivery is made.

Buying more shares now. Anyone care to join me?  Grin

FUD? It's right there in the information on BTCT.CO? What do you mean "current retail price has nothing to do with it"? The $6k price and delivery dates is the basis for their entire profit calculations..

I don't get people that wish the "FUD" would stop, all while not offering any explanations to the concerns people have.

I have several times stated that I don't believe the intent is to scam anyone, and that my concern is based on the second IPO being made at a vastly inflated price before any important info, product or other has been released, and the calculations around the profit on the miners is just not holding up.

So far no one has been able to provide me with any reason to change my view that the current profit calculations just don't hold water at all based available info, and that makes me believe that current share price is far too high. Period.

Swede, the original AMC prospectus was written by Ken, not an investment bank. You are clearly picking out sentences that with hindsight could have been written more carefully and using them to construct a distorted narrative, that I have concluded is a lame attempt at FUD. You are not as bad as Megamouth, I'll give you that, that kid is in a FUD league of his own.

I a "picking out sentences"? I am talking about the entire profit calculation summary from the details section of the company info! NONE of their miners will in my opinion EVER sell for even close to the projected pricing at the dates set.

If this information is incorrect or 'badly written' it undermines the entire profit structure of the company.
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:56:26 PM

Worst. Logic. Ever.

Worst grammar ever. Why have you pull a full stop at the end of these words? Are you insane?

I very explicitly DID NOT say that because AMC use an address having a long history of scam setup companies that this makes AMC a similar scam setup company. Did you not notice that?
The full stops were to emphasize each word in the vein of the comic book guy on the simpsons. It was a pop culture reference that has clearly gone over your head.
You didnt explicitly say that the two were correlated but you had every intention of implying that AMC was a scam by assosciation, or else you wouldnt have mentioned it at all.

You clearly have some vested interest in talking down the price of AMC shares, to what end Im not sure.

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:05:52 PM

Pretty sure we already told you the reason, because Ken's ability to manipulate the price makes it too risky. I haven't spent a dime on AMC, nor do I plan to.
steveioio

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:25:41 PM

It was a pop culture reference that has clearly gone over your head.

I don't do pop culture dear boy I'm more sophisticated than that.

You didnt explicitly say that the two were correlated but you had every intention of implying that AMC was a scam by assosciation, or else you wouldnt have mentioned it at all.

I explicitly stated the facts and possibilities. If you can't listen to a simple message I do fear for your monetary wealth. These are facts I posted and I didn't make ANY of it up. You need to wake up.

I'll tell you exactly what my interests are:

I had 20k AMC, I liquidated 50% into BTC and hold the rest. If it's a scam I want to know, if it's not we should be shown who Ken is, where he is, we need to see vids, offices and eASIC outline agreements.

lolstate

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:38:16 PM

The fact the thread has been filled with so much FUD for the last 24h makes me believe there's been a huge effort to take the price down, making unexperienced investors sell their shares as cheaply as possible. This is a great deal for manipulators, as the can buy into AMC at a low price,

If that's the case why is no-one buying at 0.001? It's almost pre-news bargain price. I think no conspiracy just lack of confidence.

I'm sure the FUD on this thread being 99% speculation and 1% only for discussing the actual news and projections for AMC has a huge part in that.

People are scared. It will pass.

I can only assume that you will be investing heavily in the December batch of the Avalon clones at $6k a pop. By the way, if you want some for the "Bargain price" of $5.500 I will sell you as many as you want. Absolutely no limit.  PM me for any quantity!

Will you stop with the FUD already? The price you quote for the machines to be delivered from VMC to AMC is a red herring. The machines will be delivered to AMC at cost price minus 10%. The current retail price has nothing to do with it. What *will* be delivered is the hashing power stated by Ken in the original prospectus at cost price minus 10% when manufacture/delivery is made.

Buying more shares now. Anyone care to join me?  Grin

FUD? It's right there in the information on BTCT.CO? What do you mean "current retail price has nothing to do with it"? The $6k price and delivery dates is the basis for their entire profit calculations..

I don't get people that wish the "FUD" would stop, all while not offering any explanations to the concerns people have.

I have several times stated that I don't believe the intent is to scam anyone, and that my concern is based on the second IPO being made at a vastly inflated price before any important info, product or other has been released, and the calculations around the profit on the miners is just not holding up.

So far no one has been able to provide me with any reason to change my view that the current profit calculations just don't hold water at all based available info, and that makes me believe that current share price is far too high. Period.

Swede, the original AMC prospectus was written by Ken, not an investment bank. You are clearly picking out sentences that with hindsight could have been written more carefully and using them to construct a distorted narrative, that I have concluded is a lame attempt at FUD. You are not as bad as Megamouth, I'll give you that, that kid is in a FUD league of his own.

I a "picking out sentences"? I am talking about the entire profit calculation summary from the details section of the company info! NONE of their miners will in my opinion EVER sell for even close to the projected pricing at the dates set.

If this information is incorrect or 'badly written' it undermines the entire profit structure of the company.

Swede, there really is no way to have a rational discussion with you. You are determined to warp the facts to suit your FUDness. AMC is a risky asset to invest in. I am happy with the risk I have taken for my position. You would be better served pouring your enthusiasm into researching other assets you could invest in. You are wasting your cycles, which would be better used to build your wealth.

In my ideal scenario, I'd like to look back on today, in a year, say, and have a good laugh about it. Unfortunately it seems I'll be counting my profits while some of you posting here will only have improved your FUD foo. Really, why are you wasting your time?

In other news, Bill Clinton had sex with Monica Lewinsky in the Oval Office. Apparently all subsequent serving Presidents have done the same  Shocked
Surprise

Activity: 77

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 03:41:48 PM

Pretty sure we already told you the reason, because Ken's ability to manipulate the price makes it too risky. I haven't spent a dime on AMC, nor do I plan to.

I tried hard to take any temporary price fluctuations out of the last call options. I also ensured you would not have to spend a dime on AMC to profit from their downfall.

-This is why they were European and not American.
-This is also why I allowed additional collateral to be posted so that you would not have the forced purchase of AMC shares activated as long as you could still follow through on your obligations.
-Its also why the 3 month time span was in place, this is pretty far in the future for BTC securities and the mining scene.

I'm open to any ideas you have as to how we could take any temporary price fluctuations out of the deal. I put forth terms last time and you didn't like them, so I'm giving you the chance to offer me terms you like this time so we can make a deal.

steveioio

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:43:50 PM

So, in your opinion this is 50/50 deal? Could you point out the facts that make it "50% not scam"?

No I didn't say it's 50/50 please don't put words into my mouth. What makes it likely to not be a scam is that not every new startup is a scam so ergo it might not be one. I'm not going to list the AMC statements I firmly believe or partly believe we would all have different opinions on them. Suffice it to say there is a chance this is a scam so investors should position themselves with that in mind.
vlaoou321

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:45:28 PM

AMC lose advantage

Reputation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198808.new#new
Tip: 1CtNCGTyhVkp6AzRwhTsqjkWgwCqk1vSjA
lolstate

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:47:18 PM

In my ideal scenario, I'd like to look back on today, in a year, say, and have a good laugh about it. Unfortunately it seems I'll be counting my profits while some of you posting here will only have improved your FUD foo. Really, why are you wasting your time?

Justice there lies in the fact one can't buy "decent human being" upgrade so you will always stay just pathetic profit-oriented scumbag.

Greed is good, Megamouth. Greed is good  Cheesy.
ArcticWolf

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:47:51 PM

It was a pop culture reference that has clearly gone over your head.

I don't do pop culture dear boy I'm more sophisticated than that.

I explicitly stated the facts and possibilities. If you can't listen to a simple message I do fear for your monetary wealth. These are facts I posted and I didn't make ANY of it up. You need to wake up.

I'll tell you exactly what my interests are:

I had 20k AMC, I liquidated 50% into BTC and hold the rest. If it's a scam I want to know, if it's not we should be shown who Ken is, where he is, we need to see vids, offices and eASIC outline agreements.

I appreciate you clarifying your position.
I can listen just fine, I just happen to disagree with the fearmongering that is contained in that particular message.

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
ronaldlee0917

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:49:51 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2013, 03:59:57 PM by ronaldlee0917

AMC lose advantage
They don't have any advantages to begin with, they are late-comers to the ASIC party, I would say they started with disadvantages, they have many challenges to overcome before they claim themselves as Asicminer 2.0.

Donation:    18zXsfnSvGjQFJ6pEiKMg2uWGcxUCfJLzu
Mastercoin - A new protocol layer built on top of Bitcoin
steveioio

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:12:15 PM

So, in your opinion this is 50/50 deal? Could you point out the facts that make it "50% not scam"?

No I didn't say it's 50/50 please don't put words into my mouth. What makes it likely to not be a scam is that not every new startup is a scam so ergo it might not be one. I'm not going to list the AMC statements I firmly believe or partly believe we would all have different opinions on them. Suffice it to say there is a chance this is a scam so investors should position themselves with that in mind.

"This could be a success long term but equally it could be a scam - these are facts."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=158806.msg2612053#msg2612053

OK smarty pants. It's meant figuratively not as a literal statement. It does not logically follow that I rate 'scam vs genuine' at 50/50  - because the use of the term 'equally' does not necessarily refer to a 50/50 balance does it?

For example 'The politicians may vote against the proposal, but equally of course they may vote for it' - it means both scenarios could happen NOT that the chances of each happening is strictly 50/50.

After that walk my feet are killing me - not to be taken literally.

steveioio

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:19:31 PM

In my opinion, it is 95% scam and 5% not scam. The amount of provable stuff is extremely low here.

I completely agree there is very little in the way of substantiated claims and  statements.  I respect your view and believe you could be right. I wouldn't say you have a 50/50 chance of being right though as I wouldn't be able to do the mathematics.

Diamondstarfall

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:22:22 PM

In my opinion, it is 95% scam and 5% not scam. The amount of provable stuff is extremely low here.

I completely agree there is very little in the way of substantiated claims and  statements.  I respect your view and believe you could be right. I wouldn't say you have a 50/50 chance of being right though as I wouldn't be able to do the mathematics.

I have to say I felt AMC could go somewhere at first. But right after I saw how the share went from 0.0008 to 0.0025, and with ken's hype and issuing 4million way overpriced shares, it all made sense to me.

I'm glad I got out with a new profit, I can only feel sorry for those people whose money ken has stole and is now swimming in
lolstate

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:22:26 PM

After that walk my feet are killing me - not to be taken literally.

I can't believe he just said that! This thread must have the highest irony count ever inflicted on this forum!  Cheesy

Here's another saying with more than a hint of truth: 'Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered'. Not to be taken literally, either  Wink.
SoylentCreek

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:25:31 PM

Let me take a minute to remind everyone here that no one one this thread has your best interest in mind. No one! Not me, not Swede, not Bitcoin Megastore, VBS or anyone else.  There is an agenda behind every single post in this thread, including this one.  Do you own research, and think twice before investing.  Securities have and will always be a gamble, therefore Don't invest more than you are willing to lose.

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: