Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:40:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should I delete post that are not discussing the merits of AMC in The AMC Thread?
Yes - 80 (41.9%)
No - 111 (58.1%)
Total Voters: 191

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AMC]-The Official Active Mining Cooperative Discussion  (Read 223286 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gramma

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 01:11:53 AM

KYC = 'Know Your Customer'. Basically, rules enforced on banks so they have to 'know' who their customers are. The idea is applying such rules will help frustrate attempts at fraud and money laundering, which often pivot on an individual assuming a false identity.

Correct. This applies to banking relationships that touch the USA, though, and not all banking relationships and not virtual marketplaces for virtual currencies operated for entertainment only, as the disclaimer on btc.tc plainly states.

Now, btct.co and BitFunder, while being virtual simulations, are likely to have insisted on some level of proof of ID from the owners of listed securities, even if not required by their local laws....

Why would they have done? Why would you think that, or try to convince others of that?  If you know for a fact they have, then get one of 'em on here to say that. Otherwise, there's no reason at all to imagine they have, and plenty of reason to believe they have not.

From btc.tc, emphasis mine: "This site is currently in beta. Nothing is verified. Everything is virtual. Do your homework. Watch out for scams. Be diligent."
Also, "Virtual goods utilized on this site are for entertainment and educational purposes only."  "Nothing is verified", which appears everywhere, does not suggest "we have their real IDs and passport pictures and notarized statements and what not."

Trust me, I consider myself educated at this point, if not so much entertained. 

...I hope BTCT.co and BitFunder has legal documents on file such as drivers license, passport, utility statement to verify issuers putting up stocks on their exchanges. If not this is a major problem for all BTC exchanges and will become a bigger problem and easier for potential scams to bring down the Bitcoin community.

This.  This, far more than my involvement and current losses, is what really matters here.  Fortunately, constructive discussions are taking place at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245713.80.

I really really hope I am wrong, but I've gone from "cool!" to "hmm" to "uh oh" to pretty much "scam" in the course of the last day, based upon what others have found, and especially based upon Ken's (lack of) response to questions asked.  Cherrypicking questions, ignoring the hard questions, promising some kind of FAQ that "should" be written Monday; these are not the actions of someone trying to address concerns and quell a restless market.

BTC: 1MrNRPo7p8DEyxn87c9BCGwrbatBQeCHc1
keepinithamsta

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 01:43:53 AM

KYC = 'Know Your Customer'. Basically, rules enforced on banks so they have to 'know' who their customers are. The idea is applying such rules will help frustrate attempts at fraud and money laundering, which often pivot on an individual assuming a false identity.

Correct. This applies to banking relationships that touch the USA, though, and not all banking relationships and not virtual marketplaces for virtual currencies operated for entertainment only, as the disclaimer on btc.tc plainly states.

Now, btct.co and BitFunder, while being virtual simulations, are likely to have insisted on some level of proof of ID from the owners of listed securities, even if not required by their local laws....

Why would they have done? Why would you think that, or try to convince others of that?  If you know for a fact they have, then get one of 'em on here to say that. Otherwise, there's no reason at all to imagine they have, and plenty of reason to believe they have not.

From btc.tc, emphasis mine: "This site is currently in beta. Nothing is verified. Everything is virtual. Do your homework. Watch out for scams. Be diligent."
Also, "Virtual goods utilized on this site are for entertainment and educational purposes only."  "Nothing is verified", which appears everywhere, does not suggest "we have their real IDs and passport pictures and notarized statements and what not."

...I hope BTCT.co and BitFunder has legal documents on file such as drivers license, passport, utility statement to verify issuers putting up stocks on their exchanges. If not this is a major problem for all BTC exchanges and will become a bigger problem and easier for potential scams to bring down the Bitcoin community.

This.  This, far more than my involvement and current losses, is what really matters here.  Fortunately, constructive discussions are taking place at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245713.80.

I really really hope I am wrong, but I've gone from "cool!" to "hmm" to "uh oh" to pretty much "scam" in the course of the last day, based upon what others have found, and especially based upon Ken's (lack of) response to questions asked.  Cherrypicking questions, ignoring the hard questions, promising some kind of FAQ that "should" be written Monday; these are not the actions of someone trying to address concerns and quell a restless market.

The FAQ is just going to kill the price more because it's not going to tell us anything that's going to restore confidence.  It's going to skirt around the important questions and just add more fuel to the fire.
lolstate

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 01:50:58 AM

Why would they have done? Why would you think that, or try to convince others of that?  If you know for a fact they have, then get one of 'em on here to say that. Otherwise, there's no reason at all to imagine they have, and plenty of reason to believe they have not.

Also, "Virtual goods utilized on this site are for entertainment and educational purposes only."  "Nothing is verified", which appears everywhere, does not suggest "we have their real IDs and passport pictures and notarized statements and what not."

This.  This, far more than my involvement and current losses, is what really matters here.  Fortunately, constructive discussions are taking place at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245713.80.

I really really hope I am wrong, but I've gone from "cool!" to "hmm" to "uh oh" to pretty much "scam" in the course of the last day, based upon what others have found, and especially based upon Ken's (lack of) response to questions asked.  Cherrypicking questions, ignoring the hard questions, promising some kind of FAQ that "should" be written Monday; these are not the actions of someone trying to address concerns and quell a restless market.

Oh Brother, this FUD is tiresome. What has the law got to do with any responsible business owner like eg Burnside? Well, one, if you are a smart businessman you obey it. Two, if you are a smart businessman you don't rely on the law to protect you, you take sensible proactive steps as required. Like when you are operating a virtual exchange in Panama, Belize or elsewhere. The law may not require it, but you satisfy yourself that you know your customer, Cheesy

Still, chin up, despite days of trying and screeds of warning posts, we are no closer to Armageddon despite what the trolls said.
SoylentCreek

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 01:58:39 AM

No, but they could be actions of someone carefully thinking about what the best course of action should be.  So far, the general consensus on this thread has been that Ken needs to do some serious restructuring of the company before many of us are willing to put anymore stake into the company.  Something like this does not happen over night.  This is a bit unrelated, but look at the debacle that was the XBOX One announcement.  It took Microsoft two weeks to backpedal on their fucked up DRM structure that they were planning on implementing.  Do you honestly think that it took them two weeks to make a decision to remove it?  The answer should be, no.  Still, they had to insure that they went through all the appropriate channels before making any sort of official announcements.  If Ken gets on here and proclaims he's going to do something, he knows that he will be held accountable for it down the road, which is why they are treading very carefully.  Really, what I think needs to happen is people within this thread need to fucking grow up and realize that nothing happens overnight when it comes to business.  If people are so weak handed that they cannot wait one or two business days for an official statement, then they should bow out now.

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
SoylentCreek

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:03:18 AM

The FAQ is just going to kill the price more because it's not going to tell us anything that's going to restore confidence.  It's going to skirt around the important questions and just add more fuel to the fire.

Really?  Shall I ask where you acquired this information?  Oh, you just pulled it out of your ass. 

Please take the FUD elsewhere.

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:38:29 AM

Still, chin up, despite days of trying and screeds of warning posts, we are no closer to Armageddon despite what the trolls said.

What if the trolls claim to have translated it from ancient Mayan Stellae? THEN we'll be in trouble... oh wait that one didn't come off either.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
bigdude

Activity: 896

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:58:56 AM

As a shareholder, I really have 2 major concerns right now.

1. Proof of agreements with eAsic, signing up racks etc - anything he has said, needs to be backed up.

2. Is Ken willing to join AMC and VMC into one?

Why is it so hard to get a response from Ken?

lewicki

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:14:31 AM

1. Proof of agreements with eAsic, signing up racks etc - anything he has said, needs to be backed up.

Join the IRC channel in the BitFunder help section and ask him, you'll get a much quicker response.

This is what he said to me a few days ago:

[23:56] <lewicki> Why are sales seperated from the mining? Many people are asking why AMC and VMC are not merged.
[00:30] <AMC__> AMC was conceived as a mining cooperative, due to the problems with BFL, Avalon, and any other manufactures VMC was created to solve that problem.
[00:33] <AMC__> What I wanted to do was just create a manufacturer for AMC to replace BFL, Avalon or any one else, so that how it evolved.  Just to replace the other manufacturers.  
[00:35] <AMC__> Now when I was putting the description together, think how much more complex it would be, trying to figure out what the cost would be, what the sales would be, what employee expenses would be, it would be a can of worms.
[00:36] <AMC__> So, it seemed very sensible to have the two separated.
lysr

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:20:22 AM

Join the IRC channel in the BitFunder help section and ask him, you'll get a much quicker response.

[23:56] <lewicki> Why are sales seperated from the mining? Many people are asking why AMC and VMC are not merged.
[00:30] <AMC__> AMC was conceived as a mining cooperative, due to the problems with BFL, Avalon, and any other manufactures VMC was created to solve that problem.
[00:33] <AMC__> What I wanted to do was just create a manufacturer for AMC to replace BFL, Avalon or any one else, so that how it evolved.  Just to replace the other manufacturers.  
[00:35] <AMC__> Now when I was putting the description together, think how much more complex it would be, trying to figure out what the cost would be, what the sales would be, what employee expenses would be, it would be a can of worms.
So many excuses, greedy Ken is always greedy Ken.
auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:41:10 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2013, 03:56:15 AM by auto2nr1

[00:33] <AMC__> What I wanted to do was just create a manufacturer for AMC to replace BFL, Avalon or any one else, so that how it evolved.  Just to replace the other manufacturers. 

Having VMC out there to provide hardware is not a problem. But not at the expense of the shareholders. AMC should not borrow money to anyone. AMC should use AMC's money to mine and manufacture hardware for AMC. How simple is that? Ken should follow in the steps of ASICMINER and do two simple things.

1. MAKE HARDWARE & MINE
2. MAKE HARDWARE & SELL

The most effective method of becoming successful in whatever it is you want to achieve, is to copy who is already successful. Let's not reinvent the wheel here. If the business plan works let's follow it or make it better. Ultimate goal is to build a successful company, make money, and make shareholders happy. Once again Ken let's keep it simple and cut out the bull shit in the agreement.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246253.msg2610794#msg2610794

3.4BTC * 400,000 = 1360,000BTC
> 0.136 billion USD

Q: How much hashing power does Bitfountain plan to deploy within this year?
Friedcat: 800-1000T within this year.

Q: Do you have plans for the future other than mining and selling hardware?
Friedcat: ASICMINER's business is confined within mining and selling mining hardware. We might do some    
periphery work, but that won't be too distant.

Q: After the batch shipping from Avalon and BFL, how would the manufacturers in Shenzhen compete with them?
Friedcat: Our advantage to manufacture chips at the cost price is invincible.

Q: Any plans or strategies that are suitable for the public to know?
Friedcat: We will be focusing more on the area that we have the most advantage in. It depends on whether we have more advantage in chip design or the ability to deploy fast.

ASICMINER plans to deploy 800-1000T within 2013 according to Friedcat. He also states the business is confined to both mining and selling hardware. The advantage that ASICMINER has is to manufacture chips on their own to mine.

AMC needs to mine and sell hardware. AMC needs to manufacture chips on our own. The strategy here is to try to deploy hashing power fast. This is formula that works and it proves to be successful.
auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:58:57 AM

Because he is wasting his time trying to sell machines that are non-existent at the moment. He should be addressing his shareholders with some answers. Maybe he is just ignoring us or he just does not care. This is totally unacceptable.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=206488.msg2623013#msg2623013

Fast-Hash-One now available in the VMC Store for 20% off now thru July 7th:

http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_product=10&controller=product

The base unit allows for up to 6 cards and goes from 256 GH/s to 1.536 TH/s.

You can add up to 6 Expansion Cases and 96 cards for a total hashing rate of 24.576 TH/s
bigdude

Activity: 896

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:01:53 AM

Why should I have to go to an IRC channel to get information from Ken??

Right here is the "The Official Active Mining Cooperative Discussion".

Am I missing something?

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:27:59 AM

My web developer developed those site and those site are running on top of my developed "Turn Key Web Hosting Business".

Why are you picking and choosing questions to answer? If anything answer the real important ones at the top of the list starting with what you plan on doing with the AMC/VMC relationship. Also if you are going to be posting an answer to a question please make it detailed with facts/proof of your prior ventures and businesses you were or are involved in at the moment. Take some time out of the day and upload some documents and pictures/videos so we can move onto other issues on the agenda.

Ken should not engage directly on this thread. We, as share holders, should appoint a person of contact who can funnel the communication between us.

Which sock puppet do you propose?

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:34:20 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2013, 08:46:56 AM by Minor Miner

ASICMINER plans to deploy 800-1000T within 2013 according to Friedcat. He also states the business is confined to both mining and selling hardware. The advantage that ASICMINER has is to manufacture chips on their own to mine.

AMC needs to mine and sell hardware. AMC needs to manufacture chips on our own. The strategy here is to try to deploy hashing power fast. This is formula that works and it proves to be successful.

Just wanted to make sure I got this correct.   1,000,000 Gh/s by the end of this year?   Do you think that is possible even by friedcat?   By one company?   That would require a massive amount of electricity.  

EDIT:   I just went and read it.   I think what Friedcat said was the ENTIRE network would be 1000 TH/s by year end (seems right) and they he would hold 20% of the network (200TH/s).

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:46:59 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2013, 08:57:21 AM by freedomno1

Just wanted to make sure I got this correct.   1,000,000 Gh/s by the end of this year?   Do you think that is possible even by friedcat?   By one company?   That would require a massive amount of electricity.  

Without doubt Friedcat can do it but it leaves room for the competition to grow since there is really no incentive to have that many miners out if the network isn't growing as well
http://wenku.baidu.com/view/ede0631876c66137ee06192f.html
Slide 50

Although the translation might be off and it might be the total network if someone wants to re-translate confirm

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
John818

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:11:14 AM

Are the trolls actually reading any posts other than their own?

Ken continues to post on this forum and is not hiding away as some suggest.

Simply look at his most recent posts and you will see he contributed four times on June 29th, five times on June 30th and once already today.

lysr

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:13:04 AM

Without doubt Friedcat can do it but it leaves room for the competition to grow since there is really no incentive to have that many miners out if the network isn't growing as well
Slide 50

Although the translation might be off and it might be the total network if someone wants to re-translate confirm
I can read Chinese and confirm the translation is correct.
There is no way AMC is going to contend with Asicminer with its pathetic projected hashrate of 11TH.
bobboooiie

Activity: 656

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:25:13 AM

Slide 50

However this is probably 90%+ true its still not officially confirmed so treat it like that.
Vbs

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:37:59 AM

AMC's 10% royalty fee is off the top (gross sales), not 10% of the profits (net income).

Very big difference there.
lysr

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:57:31 AM

I wonder if there were really any idiots listen to Ken's "advice", sold their Asicminer shares and bought AMC?

Asicminer
price 3.2 -> 4.4
AMC
price 0.0025 -> 0.001

Asicminer
800-1000TH projected hashrate by the end of this year
AMC
11TH projected hashrate

Asicminer
100% of hardware sales goes to all shareholders
AMC
10% goes to AMC, 90% goes to VMC, Ken's pocket.

Asicminer
shares cannot by any means be diluted
AMC
shares will be diluted by 2.5 times after an year.(if AMC still survives at that time)
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: