Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:04:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should I delete post that are not discussing the merits of AMC in The AMC Thread?
Yes - 80 (41.9%)
No - 111 (58.1%)
Total Voters: 191

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AMC]-The Official Active Mining Cooperative Discussion  (Read 223286 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SoylentCreek

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:07:40 AM

I just came up with a idea to solve this problem.

I will create an VMC offering, then VMC will purchase AMC.  There you that is the solution.  Tell me what you think.

It depends on how you write it up.  Also, will AMC shareholders have options for this new offering when/if the acquisition takes place?

Good question.  Yes, we should create a way for AMC shareholder to convert their shares to VMC shares.  Is this what you are asking?

Yes.

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FloatesMcgoates

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:12:20 AM

Do you get the feeling that having another offering with VMC and then trying to do buyouts and swaps will get too complicated?

Why not just announce that AMC has bought out VMC, there really is no difference which company buys out the other since it is just an accounting switchup on your end since you own both companies. But this way, there need not be any confusion with adding another public offering and attempting to find a good price swap point.

Having AMC buyout VMC would be pure value added for AMC, and the share price will rise substantially.
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:12:27 AM

I will create an VMC offering, then VMC will purchase AMC.  There you that is the solution.  Tell me what you think.

How will VMC purchase AMC? Will it buy back all the shares of AMC?

But if you did create a VMC offering, and then unite VMC with AMC under one roof, then yes this is exactly what we are all looking for. Again, it is just really important for current shareholders and potential investors like myself to see these two companies merged into one.

Yes, VMC would start purchasing AMC shares until it has all of them.

There is no need for this.

Here a simple way to do it with one announcement:

1. VMC has been shutdown
2. AMC will now be doing the mining AND sales of chips/hardware itself

Done! Smiley

Note: I know that is simplistic, but really, there is no need to complicate matters, keep them simple on purpose. Now, in the real world, you may have signed some documentation with eASIC etc ... but you can re-sign them as AMC.

kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 04:12:42 AM

I will create an VMC offering, then VMC will purchase AMC.  There you that is the solution.  Tell me what you think.

It depends on how you write it up.  Also, will AMC shareholders have options for this new offering when/if the acquisition takes place?

Good question.  Yes, we should create a way for AMC shareholder to convert their shares to VMC shares.  Is this what you are asking?

Yes.

Ok, I create a VMC offering, AMC shareholder can exchange 1 share of AMC for 1 share of VMC.  After the exchange period VMC will continue when
possible to purchase AMC shares on the open market until it has acquired all of AMC's shares.  How does that sound?
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 04:13:27 AM

I will create an VMC offering, then VMC will purchase AMC.  There you that is the solution.  Tell me what you think.

But if you did create a VMC offering, and then unite VMC with AMC under one roof, then yes this is exactly what we are all looking for. Again, it is just really important for current shareholders and potential investors like myself to see these two companies merged into one.

1. VMC has been shutdown

Done! Smiley

Note: I know that is simplistic, but really, there is no need to complicate matters, keep them simple on purpose. Now, in the real world, you may have signed some documentation with eASIC etc ... but you can re-sign them as AMC.

That will not work!  I am sorry.  Sad
FloatesMcgoates

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:15:53 AM

Yes.

Ok, I create a VMC offering, AMC shareholder can exchange 1 share of AMC for 1 share of VMC.  After the exchange period VMC will continue when
possible to purchase AMC shares on the open market until it has acquired all of AMC's shares.  How does that sound?

The issue here is what price point are you planning to launch VMC at?

There is actually a really good opportunity for you if you plan to launch VMC at .0025 BTC/share. This way people will come en-masse to purchase AMC up to your wall at that same price point, and you will raise all the money you wanted to raise in the first place. Once the wall has been eliminated, you can halt all trading for AMC and then have people swap shares for VMC and voila the new company is formed.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 04:17:32 AM

Yes.

The issue here is what price point are you planning to launch VMC at?

There is actually a really good opportunity for you if you plan to launch VMC at .0025 BTC/share. This way people will come en-masse to purchase AMC up to your wall at that same price point, and you will raise all the money you wanted to raise in the first place. Once the wall has been eliminated, you can halt all trading for AMC and then have people swap shares for VMC and voila the new company is formed.

Just came up with this idea, so I have not had time to think about price.  You make a very good point here.
Exocyst

Activity: 266

Science!

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:17:36 AM

Ken,
Could you lock the VMC IPO price at whatever the value of AMC is when trading is halted? I think this would be the safest way: then re-calculate how many shares you need to release in a VMC ipo to meet upcoming obligations. This way currently held AMC shares transferred to VMC wouldn't be de-valued by a lower IPO. You could still keep shares back for future development stages.

Does this make sense?

oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:18:18 AM

Sounds like an opportunity to game the system.  What happens to the hold-outs who don't convert?
FloatesMcgoates

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:20:21 AM

Ken,
Could you lock the VMC IPO price at whatever the value of AMC is when trading is halted? I think this would be the safest way: then re-calculate how many shares you need to release in a VMC ipo to meet upcoming obligations. This way currently held AMC shares transferred to VMC wouldn't be de-valued by a lower IPO. You could still keep shares back for future development stages.

Does this make sense?

No, I think the idea I had posted earlier makes alot of sense and will be the fairest in terms of price swaps.

If we simply froze right now, people who bought above current market price will lose and kenneth will have to do a fair amount of math to figure out how to fairly distribute shares of VMC.

The simplest way to do this is to announce that VMC will purchase all of AMC's stock at .0025, prompting the market to react and move AMC to .0025 and then market forces will by itself normalize price at .0025. Once this equillibrium has been reached, Kenneth can halt trading and initiate the 1 for 1 swaps.
bigdude

Activity: 896

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:20:34 AM

1. VMC has been shutdown

Done! Smiley

That will not work!  I am sorry.  Sad

Because Huh

kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 04:21:06 AM

Ken,

Does this make sense?

Yes it does, however I would have to think of a way to do that.  Need some time to think this over.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 04:24:26 AM

Sounds like an opportunity to game the system.  What happens to the hold-outs who don't convert?

No problem, they stay in AMC as long as they want.  We do not force anyone to move their shares to VMC.
AMC keeps trading, it is just a chance for those that want to get into the selling of equipment to get into VMC.
oaxaca

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:27:16 AM

Sounds like an opportunity to game the system.  What happens to the hold-outs who don't convert?

No problem, they stay in AMC as long as they want.  We do not force anyone to move their shares to VMC.
AMC keeps trading, it is just an chance for those that want to get into the selling of equipment to get into VMC.

But then VMC does not own 100% of AMC. 
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 04:27:23 AM

Ken,

Does this make sense?

No, I think the idea I had posted earlier makes alot of sense and will be the fairest in terms of price swaps.

If we simply froze right now, people who bought above current market price will lose and kenneth will have to do a fair amount of math to figure out how to fairly distribute shares of VMC.

The simplest way to do this is to announce that VMC will purchase all of AMC's stock at .0025, prompting the market to react and move AMC to .0025 and then market forces will by itself normalize price at .0025. Once this equillibrium has been reached, Kenneth can halt trading and initiate the 1 for 1 swaps.

I don't know how VMC can purchase AMC shares at .0025?  Tell me how to do that please.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 04:29:10 AM

AMC keeps trading, it is just an chance for those that want to get into the selling of equipment to get into VMC.

It doesn't have to.  The more it owns the better, but I don't see any reason it would have to own 100%.  Over time
as it makes money it could purchase more and more of AMC shares.  Do this make since?
oaxaca

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:30:19 AM

It doesn't have to.  The more it owns the better, but I don't see any reason it would have to own 100%.  Over time
as it makes money it could purchase more and more of AMC shares.  Do this make since?

AMC owns the IP.
FloatesMcgoates

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:31:28 AM

Ken,

Does this make sense?

I don't know how VMC can purchase AMC shares at .0025?  Tell me how to do that please.

1.) Open VMC for trading, but do not put any asks
2.) Put a bid wall at .0025 for the remaining shares at the current .0025 wall for AMC
        - (Currently at 1,567,351)
3.) Announce that in say 1-2 weeks time, you will allow users to exchange 1 share of AMC for 1 share of VMC, and that trading for AMC will be closing after this time.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 04:31:50 AM

AMC owns the IP.

It doesn't have to.  The more it owns the better, but I don't see any reason it would have to own 100%.  Over time
as it makes money it could purchase more and more of AMC shares.  Do this make since?

Still gets paid its 10% no problem.
FloatesMcgoates

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:32:34 AM

Kenneth I will be sending you a PM in about 10 minutes time with further plans on how you can execute this and achieve maximum profit for both investors and yourself.
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: