Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:03:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BIP] BipCoin. NOW LIVE. Mineable. CryptoNote. BipCot NoGov Licensed.  (Read 24997 times)
Lunyyft

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 07:02:40 PM

Your windows gui wallet won't load for me on win64. the error it pops up with is: “failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin “windows”.

Any other windows gui x64 wallet i've tried has worked before. Solutions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kdsmith18542

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

thefudpool.com|kdsmith18542@gmail.com

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 07:06:01 PM

I'm suddenly getting way more errors when starting up bipcoind (trying to add recently deleted transaction)

Still fallout from that fork. Someone's trying to spend it, and it tries over and over. Next version should minimize those.

The first or second pool fiasco? Cool
How will it minimize the errors? Will it just stop displaying them?
in cryptonote algo coins,the transaction take ~72 hours trying to be confirmed and then return to main balance of the owner.
Up to him to try again to spend them (will be very shitty from his part)

Some guy ran a mis-configured pool for a few days about 5 days ago. People earned coins that were on his fork, no longer part of the real chain. I think people are trying over and over to spend them.

My pool was not "misconfigured" your difficulty is to low to sustain a pool when the network diff gets low at night the pool gets almost 90% of the hash power or more and causes forks please dont bash me for something you clearly dont understand

bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 08:31:29 PM

My pool was not "misconfigured" your difficulty is to low to sustain a pool when the network diff gets low at night the pool gets almost 90% of the hash power or more and causes forks please dont bash me for something you clearly dont understand

Even so, why is it that most clients stick to the "normal" shorter chain while the pool's fork keeps getting longer and longer??
Shouldn't they switch to the longer one, making it the new normal?
Whether or not it would be desirable, I still don't understand why it ended up being such a clusterf*ck. Can someone explain?

kdsmith18542

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 10:57:16 PM

Even so, why is it that most clients stick to the "normal" shorter chain while the pool's fork keeps getting longer and longer??
Whether or not it would be desirable, I still don't understand why it ended up being such a clusterf*ck. Can someone explain?

in bitcoin 51% attacks that caused forks there were a couple they always went with the longer chain or for people who dont understand the pool that had the most hash at the time of the fork

MWD64 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 11:56:48 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2016, 01:10:36 AM by MWD64

I'm suddenly getting way more errors when starting up bipcoind (trying to add recently deleted transaction)

Still fallout from that fork. Someone's trying to spend it, and it tries over and over. Next version should minimize those.

The first or second pool fiasco? Cool
How will it minimize the errors? Will it just stop displaying them?
in cryptonote algo coins,the transaction take ~72 hours trying to be confirmed and then return to main balance of the owner.
Up to him to try again to spend them (will be very shitty from his part)

Some guy ran a mis-configured pool for a few days about 5 days ago. People earned coins that were on his fork, no longer part of the real chain. I think people are trying over and over to spend them.

My pool was not "misconfigured" .....

--Yeah it happened whenever you got over 51%, but how come your pool ended up 65 blocks ahead of the chain?

--How come a pool after that (run by a guy who runs a pool for CryptoNote coins and really understand them) didn't end up ahead of the chain? And his explorer (driven by his pool) kept locked in with the block we were seeing in our wallets?

--How come you basically apologized to me saying you didn't understand CryptoNote coins and didn't want to run pools for them again?

Come on man, I was EXTRAORDINARILY cool to you about this. I didn't blame you or bash you personally at all.

You basically told me you didn't understand CryptoNote coins. I even still like you and have said nice thing to you after it, and about you to others after it. You meant well, it just didn't work.

I'm not going to start copying and pasting your private messages to me onto the forum in public to prove what you said, but take ownership for what happened. Or at least don't now try to push it off of you having any part in it.

And even if it wasn't on your end at all as you claim, how come you didn't shut down the pool after the first night when I asked to? You ran it a second night and forked and ended up with people mining un-spendable coin a second time. Even if it was entirely a problem on the coin's end, why would you do that if you knew there was a problem?

It's those un-spendable coins that are causing the constant errors now.

We're working on an update that will stop those error coins from affecting the network, and harden the network against any kind of pool being a problem.

I'm taking SOME ownership in this. I'm amazed you won't take ANY in public after you did with me in private.

MWD

Check out and use The BipCot NoGov license
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 12:49:21 AM

in bitcoin 51% attacks that caused forks there were a couple they always went with the longer chain or for people who dont understand the pool that had the most hash at the time of the fork

I certainly do admit BipCoin's code is not perfect. It's freaking version .0001, lol.
We're working on an update that will hopefully make it less sensitive to outside issues.

Thank you for being patient, y'all.
MWD

sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 01:22:13 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2016, 02:43:22 AM by sammy007

I tried to send some coins yesterday and they are still unconfirmed.
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 02:22:16 AM

I tried to send some coins yesterday and they are still unconfirmed.

Were those coins mined on the pool that had an IP address for a URL? Those are the coins from that pool that forked. Wasn't my pool. Someone set up a pool and said "Hey, I set up a pool." I did say "cool!" and post it around. So I take some responsibility in it.

Also, we're working on improving the coin over the next week to reject unspendable transactions instead of trying them over and over.

Solo-mined coins, and coins mined on the pool that had a dot-org URL should be spendable.

sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 02:40:35 AM

AFAIK I must get them back soon after 24h or 48, damn it i can't remember. CN code is a mess actually, if you wanted your own monero, why not use its code instead.
ir57

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 03:27:37 AM

For what it's worth, I sent a few bips from one wallet of mine to another to test and received them ok.  I sent them using the CLI wallet with a mixin value of 2 (anything higher than 2 doesn't seem to work yet, probably because of the low volume of transactions).
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 03:31:35 AM

For what it's worth, I sent a few bips from one wallet of mine to another to test and received them ok.  I sent them using the CLI wallet with a mixin value of 2 (anything higher than 2 doesn't seem to work yet, probably because of the low volume of transactions).

Exactly. When more people are transacting you can use a higer rate. Early on one day I was testing with six people transacting at once and I was able to use a mixin of 5 once.

PM me a BipCoin address, I'll send you some squittens, and you can let me know when you get it. Same to anyone else reading for, let say, the next 4 hours.

blast0id

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 04:00:44 AM

I think I just got some, solo-mining, ~8.766

cool, I guess it's working...

I can't seem to get over 100# with a Phenom II X6 all 6 cores engaged... but I guess this is a 7yr old machine now... lol... max about 90#

what affects #rate the most?
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 04:06:07 AM

I can't seem to get over 100# with a Phenom II X6 all 6 cores engaged... but I guess this is a 7yr old machine now... lol... max about 90#

a mixture of science and voodoo. And if you're watching the new Residents documentary, "Theory of Obscurity." I hear from Jim Jesus that helps with mining somehow. lol

blast0id

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 04:11:30 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2016, 04:25:38 AM by blast0id

a mixture of science and voodoo. And if you're watching the new Residents documentary, "Theory of Obscurity." I hear from Jim Jesus that helps with mining somehow. lol
well... I don't know enough about either, guess I'll give the i5 lappy a shot at it... both machines can mine for the same address, so what the hay...
ir57

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 04:18:42 AM

Experiment with different thread counts.  Some people here have reported better results with fewer threads.  My theory was CPU throttling due to high temps.  But earlier in the thread it was mentioned that hyperthreading processors could possibly have a negative effect if the CPU uses hyperthreading for threads that should have a physical core dedicated.  I have 4 physical cores plus hyperthreading, and I actually get the best hash rate with 3 threads, even though I could use up to 8.
blast0id

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 06:45:40 AM

ok so tried to do some solo-mining via linux live boot on my dad's super fast lappy and copied the .wallet and .address files over from my windows machine, but doesn't seem to be able to accept the password and I know I have it right... it says the file doesn't exist and errors out... I'm not a linux wiz, I'm actually pretty new to it and I'm trying this on LinuxMint18KDE-Beta

any tips?
ir57

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 07:22:41 AM

ok so tried to do some solo-mining via linux live boot on my dad's super fast lappy and copied the .wallet and .address files over from my windows machine, but doesn't seem to be able to accept the password and I know I have it right... it says the file doesn't exist and errors out... I'm not a linux wiz, I'm actually pretty new to it and I'm trying this on LinuxMint18KDE-Beta

any tips?

Linux is case sensitive.  Make sure if your wallet is named Wallet.bin you don't try to open wallet.bin, etc.
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 07:28:43 AM

Update BipCoin CLI wallets now please – BipCoin https://bipcoin.org/?p=1048

If enough users upgrade, those "Trying to add recently deleted transaction." messages should fade away

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 07:52:09 AM

If enough users upgrade, those "Trying to add recently deleted transaction." messages should fade away

How do you recommend the update?
By copying my wallet files into the new version's folder?

Click that link. I explain exactly how to do it.

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 07:57:04 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2016, 08:17:33 AM by MWD64

How do you recommend the update?
By copying my wallet files into the new version's folder?

Click that link. I explain exactly how to do it.

So what I said. A yes would be nice.

I would prefer people click a link than ask me what's in the link. There's more than what you said. There's also "backup your folder first."
And it isn't really what you said. I don't suggest  "copying my wallet files into the new version's folder."

I suggest the exact opposite. copying the new files into the old folder (after backing it up.)

You're kind of being a pain in the butt. It's people like you that make people not want to devote full time for no money to making software that costs no money. don't be a buzzkill. Click on the link rather than saying basically "what's in that link"? You need to click it anyway to get to the download locations for the new files.

Read the first post on this thread where I say I won't answer questions that are answered on the website.

If you keep being a pain in the ass I'm going to put you on ignore and not answer any more questions.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: