Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:01:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BIP] BipCoin. NOW LIVE. Mineable. CryptoNote. BipCot NoGov Licensed.  (Read 24997 times)
MWD64 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 08:27:44 AM

Update BipCoin CLI wallets now please – BipCoin https://bipcoin.org/?p=1048

If enough users upgrade, those "Trying to add recently deleted transaction." messages should fade away

How do you recommend the update?
By copying my wallet files into the new version's folder?

Click that link. I explain exactly how to do it.

So what I said. A yes would be nice.

I would prefer people click a link than ask me what's in the link. There's more than what you said. There's also "backup your folder first."
And it isn't really what you said. I don't suggest  "copying my wallet files into the new version's folder."

I suggest the exact opposite. copying the new files into the old folder (after backing it up.)

You're kind of being a pain in the butt. It's people like you that make people not want to devote full time for no money to making software that costs no money. don't be a buzzkill. Click on the link rather than saying basically "what's in that link"? You need to click it anyway to get to the download locations for the new files.

Read the first post on this thread where I say I won't answer questions that are answered on the website.

If you keep being a pain in the ass I'm going to put you on ignore and not answer any more questions.

Okay. sorry.
I am getting even bigger walls of text taking up the whole command prompt now:
https://i.gyazo.com/1904204615e31aa63b04619de6fbe9ff.png

I know. Just ignore it.  That's why we're issuing this update. As soon as a majority of people adopt it, these issues should fade out. That could take a day or two though.

Check out and use The BipCot NoGov license
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 11:20:04 AM

Update BipCoin CLI wallets now please – BipCoin https://bipcoin.org/?p=1048

If enough users upgrade, those "Trying to add recently deleted transaction." messages should fade away

bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 04:11:23 PM

https://i.gyazo.com/497ee3419cf0c2a47537aace1fd350b2.png
I'm getting these connection-style errors now.

Side question, are you done with pools for now or will there be a new attempt soonish?

Unless something's changed, the plan is to have the pool back on monday

BipGoat

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 05:27:58 PM

Whatever floats your goat.

FWI: We are not fond of getting our hooves wet, much less floating.
blast0id

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 05:48:42 PM

FWI: We are not fond of getting our hooves wet, much less floating.
speak for your own goat, mine loves water... lulz
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 07:16:07 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2016, 08:57:33 PM by MWD64

Regarding BipCoin: SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING.....  Cheesy

BipCoin: we're shutting it all down. After eight days of running this, we've determined we don't have the manpower to make this work. It's been a full time job for 3 people who already have full time jobs.

That may upset some people who've spent a little time mining, but I will say this to everyone: better now than a year than now. Better when there's still not much invested than to limp along like a lot of cryptos for a year or two and fade out. We thank everyone who was supportive. Here are our final thoughts:

1. CryptoNote-type code is likely the future of AltCoins. But we're not the ones to do it.

2. If you're going to do this, fork Monero code, not CryptoNote code or Bytecoin code like we did.

Monero fixed all the bugs, and is the only CryptoNote coin with very active development. (Hang out in #bytecoin-dev IRC for a few days and see that the only people showing up are the occasional person needing tech support because Bytecoin's wallet isn't working well anymore. lol.) Plus Monero finally actually has some adoption now. Therefore, they are one of the few (or maybe only) altcoins (of about a thousand) to actually achieve some use in COMMERCE instead of just speculation.

3. We really were in this to try to do something helpful. If this were any kind of pump and dump (like many new coins), we wouldn't be getting out now.

4. If you invested some time mining and are mad at us, we invested a lot more time, plus we spent a bunch of money on support services. We've lost money, not made money.

5. It's been a fun ride. But we're out. Go support Monero. They have the most chance of making his stuff widely accepted.

Thank you,

--The BipCoin team

Anyone who mined, I'll send you a BipCoin sticker if you want (while supplies last). I've still got a pile of 'em. lol. Unless you were one of the people who was very demanding about tech help with this. But that's always the case when releasing software. There are those who think they're owed something.

The stickers cost me about 50 cents (US) each, plus postage to mail them out, so they're actually far more valuable than a few hundred coin of most AltCoins. lol.

But if you think you're owed ANYTHING, you didn't read the last part of the BipCot NoGov license
http://bipcot.org/
that was on download links plus on the website and IN our software. (It's the one part adopted from BSD 3-Clause license).

tl/dr: "The BipCot team owes you nothing. Life is about taking chances. You're a big kid. Take responsibility for your life":

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE LICENSE HOLDER AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LICENSE HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 07:21:10 PM

We're shutting down BipCoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1592050.msg15989686#msg15989686

bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 07:35:06 PM

Nooo! That was supposed to be my ticket to riches. I was doing so well   Cry

Nah, I understand. Still a pity though.

I'll have that sticker. Should I send my address in PM?

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 07:37:05 PM

Nooo! That was supposed to be my ticket to riches. I was doing so well   Cry

Nah, I understand. Still a pity though.

I'll have that sticker. Should I send my address in PM?

lol. Yes please.

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 08:03:36 PM

No! this coin was meant to be $500 for 1 bip in 1 month! I would've been rich!

lol.

I guess this nice topic ends here. I would like to apologize for not reading the entire page before asking questions and being a bit rude at times.
This is not how I wanted to be to you. I'm sorry.

bad user! no sticker!

Just kidding. Thank you for the apology (more than many) and I'll send you a sticker if you want.

MWD

blast0id

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 09:17:40 PM

Dern it all... first coin I've ever participated in... lol... Thanks for everything, mostly the awesome podcast/radio and all the memes and discussions spawned because of it! FreedomFeens for life!

see you 'round!
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 09:27:41 PM

Dern it all... first coin I've ever participated in... lol... Thanks for everything, mostly the awesome podcast/radio and all the memes and discussions spawned because of it! FreedomFeens for life!

see you 'round!

You're welcome.  Smiley

thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 01:17:06 PM

Who do I send a bill to for about 30kwh?
thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 03:51:26 PM

That's like, 3 dollars at 0.10$/kwh

11 cents.

That's like a McDonald's 2 for $3 double cheesburger deal with tax, maan.
EpyxZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:05:08 PM

BipCoin: we're shutting it all down. After eight days of running this, we've determined we don't have the manpower to make this work. It's been a full time job for 3 people who already have full time jobs.

I'm sorry to hear this, but thank you for doing the responsible thing and publicly ending it. Most just move on and leave everyone hanging. Although the project is now over I have to say that I did learn a bit about cnotes. Will definitely stalk you around the forum for a bit since you have been quite informative here. JK.  Wish you all the best of luck. Thanks for the new knowledge that I gained in this thread.

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 10:14:45 PM

That's like, 3 dollars at 0.10$/kwh

11 cents.

That's like a McDonald's 2 for $3 double cheesburger deal with tax, maan.

Send it to whomever MADE you take a risk mining something with no value at the time.

I'll send you a sticker if you send me your address. It's worth 50 cents plus postage.

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 10:15:11 PM

I'm sorry to hear this, but thank you for doing the responsible thing and publicly ending it. Most just move on and leave everyone hanging. Although the project is now over I have to say that I did learn a bit about cnotes. Will definitely stalk you around the forum for a bit since you have been quite informative here. JK.  Wish you all the best of luck. Thanks for the new knowledge that I gained in this thread.

You're welcome!

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 04:12:21 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2016, 04:52:43 AM by MWD64

EDIT on September 2, 2016: BipCoin has become self aware. BipCoin IS Skynet! lol. We tried to kill it and it didn't die!
https://bipcoin.org/?p=1059
=-=-=-=-

EpyxZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 01:39:20 PM

EDIT on September 2, 2016: BipCoin has become self aware. BipCoin IS Skynet! lol. We tried to kill it and it didn't die!
https://bipcoin.org/?p=1059
=-=-=-=-

lol. Gotta love it when a hash monster locks on and never lets go :p
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 10:30:24 PM

I see the coin is back.
Anyone wanna buy? $500 per bip.

you saw that the forum moderator deleted your previous comment like this right? I think the bot preceived it as spam.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: