Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:01:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to explain bitcoin to teenagers or children  (Read 117994 times)
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1330
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 05:27:59 PM

i am currently 18 and i started using bitcoin at the age of 14-15years that time i was just getting to understand it clearly and it take some really big time to get a clear idea on this. but i finally did got it and earning my pocket money from it.i am not greedy but i like learning new things
I am not 18 when i started using bitcoin and collecting it  but we are the same that i want to learn new things. but because of good benefits i stay in bitcoin and have a good future as my own savings and want to learn more about bitcoin..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 05:32:29 PM

Based on the vernacular of the average forum member, I'm fairly certain the Bitcoin user base is mostly teenagers and children.
I think The meaning of this thread is introduce bitcoin to teenagers and children who did know about bitcoin yet. Teenagers and children with curiousity will easier to understand about bitcoin. I think they will really interesting with youtube video. Becouse it is more easy to explain.

@questionauthority lol great punchline

Actually they(or people in general) start to have curiosity about something when they need it so I don't think childrens have to learn about bitcoin or whatever, we can see the Venezuela thing right now, so now they(all citizens) have a bit of curiosity on bitcoin and that's how to introduce people on it.

You must be one of the few adults here. You actually understood what I meant. I doubt the average 12 year old forum member here can pronounce "vernacular" and they certainly don't know the meaning.

TechnologyExplorer

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 05:39:34 PM

Hello,

Just ask them to follow this link and they will know everything about Bitcoins.

https://crediblefriends.com/bitcoinbasics.html

Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 06:06:10 PM

It trully is a waste of time. They will never understand it. Kids and teenagers don't want to hear about how a currency works or any of the details, they will find it boring, they can't be bothered, most adults can't, let alone kids and teens, let's just focus on making bitcoin work as expected by casual people.

Not all kids!

Some totally get it they just don't know the best way to fix the problem with money. check out Victoria Grant at 12 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx5Sc3vWefE

But in all reality bitcoin is a surprisingly simple concept my kids got it very early they just don't get how important it is that a broader audience understands how important sound money is to preserving society.

the quote above holds true for the added complexity that's creeping in with things like segwit and how LN works, they just don't care.

The problem is developers are not simplifying the concept they making it exponentially more complex, the result is a narrower audience who can understand what bitcoin is and the pool of potential investors shrinks.

the bitcoin protocol should be striped down to the basics so its eazt for a 5 year old to get and the added complexity should be happening in the economy of money products.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 07:10:36 PM

Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.
i think to children just introduced about bitcoin but to teenagers  have to know what is bitcoin , how to use , get coin and then money in bitcoin
Teenagers are always looking for side income and hence explain them bitcoins and the scope of it, we can tell them how the price of bitcoin fluctuates and reach up to 1000$ while also gets as low as 400-500$ so they will get curious and start trading. Later when they become pro they will always thank you Smiley
PacePay

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 10:04:14 PM

Children will require more time and more struggle to make them to understand bitcoin but teenagers will understand it sooner especially those teenagers who will be educated they will start to study more about bitcoin and will join the community sooner.
delliaerd

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:20:42 AM

Children will require more time and more struggle to make them to understand bitcoin but teenagers will understand it sooner especially those teenagers who will be educated they will start to study more about bitcoin and will join the community sooner.

Learning teenagers will more easier rather than we teach the children to using bitcoin. The teenagers have more growth mind if we compared with children.
The teenagers wil more easily to catch what are we teach to them such as how to keep bitcoin until how to looking for bitcoin by feee ways. Bitcoin will more user by whole of society.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 04:14:00 AM

Learning teenagers will more easier rather than we teach the children to using bitcoin. The teenagers have more growth mind if we compared with children.
The teenagers wil more easily to catch what are we teach to them such as how to keep bitcoin until how to looking for bitcoin by feee ways. Bitcoin will more user by whole of society.
later then both of them will able to adopt if they realize the value of this currency, allowing them to  figure it out that its a lso a penny that they can use especially online and most of teens and even little kids already aware about online shopping.
ashiqdey

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 04:45:20 AM

First open a wallet for then then show them each and every detail of how transaction is done and money is received and what are public and private key. People understand better only even live demo is shown. Then explain then how bitcoin is made and how it is stored that's it they will get more than enough hints
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 04:54:40 AM

Don’t worry for the quick changes in technology because next generation is smart enough to absorb any change within less time. In my country 98% people don’t have any idea that what bitcoin is all about. I think we should keep doing our activities with some efforts to build awareness and people around us will automatically understand about bitcoin. If you want your kids to learn about bitcoin then guide them to build a bitcoin wallet and transfer some satoshi as a gift and let them spend it. I believe, practical application is best way to learn anything.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 04:56:07 AM

First open a wallet for then then show them each and every detail of how transaction is done and money is received and what are public and private key. People understand better only even live demo is shown. Then explain then how bitcoin is made and how it is stored that's it they will get more than enough hints

That's enough for teens to know bitcoin, however, I doubt it if child would get it, for sure they would just open their eyes wide and stare at you.. It won't be easy to explain technical things to a kid... But anyway, I won't try explaining bitcoin to a child if they don't ask, that would be difficult... But for teens, well, they love new things, for sure if your explanation is like "amazing" to them, they would love it...  Smiley
Daisy14

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 04:58:16 AM

I would say, allow children and teenagers to grow up instead of rushing them to maturity.
They all have phones and are on social media, they would have heard of bitcoin at some point but are not interested in researching.
delliaerd

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:04:44 AM

later then both of them will able to adopt if they realize the value of this currency, allowing them to  figure it out that its a lso a penny that they can use especially online and most of teens and even little kids already aware about online shopping.

Yeah not only online shopping but more technology should introduces to them as soon as possible. And i think bitcoin is a new technology for currency, so there is will come some benefits if the teenagers have taught about bitcoin by us.
The teenagers will try to looking for money by themselves, it is very good for their dependency.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

requester

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:26:24 AM

First show then your wallet and your wallet balance so that they will feel like opening one account. one could learn something new only when he posse interest in that subject so when he will see huge balance in your wallet then will also want to know about bitcoin then you could explain your statements to him.. like it's a digital money. it is stored in computer and is made in computer and like wise.
katrimans

Activity: 882

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:58:59 PM

It trully is a waste of time. They will never understand it. Kids and teenagers don't want to hear about how a currency works or any of the details, they will find it boring, they can't be bothered, most adults can't, let alone kids and teens, let's just focus on making bitcoin work as expected by casual people.
No actually you are mistaken mate. Teenage is the best time to learn things because there is energy and eagerness to know new things.
You would never be able to explain bitcoins to old people,  since they are stubborn but teenage just need a clue and they will in fact find themselves about it.
lakisis

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 08:19:52 PM

it very easy to explain about bitcoin to teenager or children you just tell them about the benefits of bitcoin and then invite them to this forum of bitcointalk then i hope they understand about bitcoin easily and i think its not difficult to know about bitcoin its very simple and easy .
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 12:04:57 AM

Kids may not like but teenagers want it as they need money and they now cannot spend any time without money as nowadays the needs of them are more higher for buying their needs and especially for their educations and for other uses.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1203

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 12:53:25 AM

Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.

Children and teen agers loves to watch videos on Youtube,and there are a lot of videos on Youtube that can are created specifically for beginners and newbies,so why not send them these videos,it will be much easier than talking or explaining in your own words..

█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
████████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀████
██████████████▀▀░░░░████
██████████▀▀░░░▄▀░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░░█████
████▄▄░░░▄██▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░█▀░░░░░░░██████
████████▌▐░░▄░░░░▐██████
█████████░▄███▄░░███████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██
███████████████████████
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄█████
██████████████▄██████████
████████████████▄████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
chixka000

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 04:32:00 AM

I am a teenager when i first do know bitcoin. No one did explain it to me i was just to curious because i only saw it and now i am starting to build my way up.

Lessoned: There is no specific need for us to teach children or teenager what bitcoin really is, it is all about to them, it is all about exploration and the willingness to learn because no matter how hard we do explain it to them if they show no interest it would be just useless.
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 06:34:00 AM

I am a teenager when i first do know bitcoin. No one did explain it to me i was just to curious because i only saw it and now i am starting to build my way up.

Lessoned: There is no specific need for us to teach children or teenager what bitcoin really is, it is all about to them, it is all about exploration and the willingness to learn because no matter how hard we do explain it to them if they show no interest it would be just useless.
Correct explaining to them is very easy the hard things is to get their interest to used bitcoin but if they are not willing to used it you can not please or force them to used it. There is a lot of attitude of each person and for you mate it is good that you show your interest in bitcoin that is your advantage to them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 154 »
  Print  

Jump to: