Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:29:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191687 times)
super55

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:55:21 AM

1) There's no launch date announced yet
2) No Komodo GUI wallet is released yet (expect Iguana multiwallet alpha versions)
3) BTCD swap has not begun

Those things will happen very quickly, and we got a solid roadmap with a platform we have been developing for 2 years. The machine is ready, we just need to connect some wires.

I'm looking forward for the launch.  Smiley
But my question is, do the Komodo Team plan to publish a press release on some major Crypto Online News when Komodo launch?
I thinks it a very good ideas to publish a press release on some major Crypto Online News like cointelegraph.com & coindesk.com .
Because many Crypto investors don't really spend time on this forum, but they do subscribe to this major Crypto Online News so they can get update in this Crypto world. This ways we can get and attract more new investors from outside this forum.

So i thinks spending a little bitcoin to publish press release on this major Crypto Online News can be a good investment, to attract new investors outside this forum.

Any plans from the team to publish press release when Komodo mainnet launch?
With all the advantage, amazing Apps like Iguana multi-wallet, decentralize exchange and our solid roadmap, i think we can attract more new investors from this press release  Wink

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 12:08:55 PM

1) There's no launch date announced yet
2) No Komodo GUI wallet is released yet (expect Iguana multiwallet alpha versions)
3) BTCD swap has not begun

Those things will happen very quickly, and we got a solid roadmap with a platform we have been developing for 2 years. The machine is ready, we just need to connect some wires.

I'm looking forward for the launch.  Smiley
But my question is, do the Komodo Team plan to publish a press release on some major Crypto Online News when Komodo launch?
I thinks it a very good ideas to publish a press release on some major Crypto Online News like cointelegraph.com & coindesk.com .
Because many Crypto investors don't really spend time on this forum, but they do subscribe to this major Crypto Online News so they can get update in this Crypto world. This ways we can get and attract more new investors from outside this forum.

So i thinks spending a little bitcoin to publish press release on this major Crypto Online News can be a good investment, to attract new investors outside this forum.

Any plans from the team to publish press release when Komodo mainnet launch?
With all the advantage, amazing Apps like Iguana multi-wallet, decentralize exchange and our solid roadmap, i think we can attract more new investors from this press release  Wink

Yes we will have more press releases. We did have plenty during the ICO, but now we have been waiting for our platform to come online. It's a good idea to make some nice around the KMD distribution date when our network officially launches.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 05:58:34 PM

The big BTCD sellers is back at .00320.  For some reason, he is trying to keep the price down.  I don't get it, but it is good for those who want cheap BTCD to convert to KMD.
umairsaleem011

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 07:28:36 PM

So jl777 has been involved in many projects some he started others he abandoned but none he ever saw through to the end.

Can i ask you why you guys are supporting him when he has a proven track record of leaving his projects.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 07:49:24 PM

The big BTCD sellers is back at .00320.  For some reason, he is trying to keep the price down.  I don't get it, but it is good for those who want cheap BTCD to convert to KMD.

He is obviously someone who owned a lot of BTCD, and is not interested in Komodo. He is just not interested in the project. Maybe he thought BTCD would rise more and he could sell higher, but now thinks its his last time to get out before BTCD price tanks and Komodo struggles. I am not saying this is happening, again I bought 2500 BTCD from the guy, but once Komodo is issued and the market determines a price for Komodo, then BTCD will be priced against Komodo. Because at the point, people can easily arbitrage the two coins - if BTCD is still cheaper than the swap ratio, people will buy Komodo, swap for Komodo and sell Komodo for a profit.

So this guy, or gal, believes that Komodo price will not sustain high enough for BTCD to maintain its current value.

This could certainly happen theoretically. Without Iguana gui releases, marketing, promotion, exposure, Dex, direct utility, etc, then Komodo price risks falling about issuance. How loyal is the investor base? How likely are they to hold or sell? These things will determine Komodo price and BTCD over the next 6 months.
tclo

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:26:51 PM

He is obviously someone who owned a lot of BTCD, and is not interested in Komodo. He is just not interested in the project. Maybe he thought BTCD would rise more and he could sell higher, but now thinks its his last time to get out before BTCD price tanks and Komodo struggles. I am not saying this is happening, again I bought 2500 BTCD from the guy, but once Komodo is issued and the market determines a price for Komodo, then BTCD will be priced against Komodo. Because at the point, people can easily arbitrage the two coins - if BTCD is still cheaper than the swap ratio, people will buy Komodo, swap for Komodo and sell Komodo for a profit.

So this guy, or gal, believes that Komodo price will not sustain high enough for BTCD to maintain its current value.

This could certainly happen theoretically. Without Iguana gui releases, marketing, promotion, exposure, Dex, direct utility, etc, then Komodo price risks falling about issuance. How loyal is the investor base? How likely are they to hold or sell? These things will determine Komodo price and BTCD over the next 6 months.

Nope, if that was the case, he would be selling at .004000 or higher. Instead when the price rises to .003600, he starts selling again at .0032.  And also he would sell maybe 1 or 2 BTC worth at a time, instead of putting up a 13.7 BTC wall.   He is obviously trying to keep the price down.

charles11

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:30:42 PM

So jl777 has been involved in many projects some he started others he abandoned but none he ever saw through to the end.

Can i ask you why you guys are supporting him when he has a proven track record of leaving his projects.

They are supporting him because he is a talented and hard working developer, rather than a lazy, loser like yourself who asks dumb questions.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 08:33:20 PM

Can you refresh my memory as to any project I abandoned? I cant remember any.

I have indeed been involved in many projects, but once I start it I do keep at it until it is done, even if it takes years.

I am still in the process of completing many of the projects and KMD is what enables a lot of them. Oh, and MGW has been done for quite a while. iguana is arguably complete to some degree, just missing a GUI which I dont do.

Also komodod is basically done at this point and it has a working dPoW, round robin mining, zero footprint 5% APR, assetchains, on-demand blocks, and pax completed. I probably forgot some other features I added to komodod, hopefully they wont be upset I didnt list them. With DEX, SVM generator and automated LP node, pangea in the process of being completed on the iguana side.

I estimate the amount of code I have written in the last three years is the equivalent of 10 to 20 man years of ordinary coding. How long do you suggest I should have completed it all in? 2 years?

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:39:36 PM

Hello,

Maybe this question is already answered before.
Where can i trade KOMODO at this moment?

tclo

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:50:51 PM

Hello,

Maybe this question is already answered before.
Where can i trade KOMODO at this moment?

You can't trade KMD yet, but you can buy BTCD on Poloniex, which can be converted to KMD in the next week or two. Read the last two pages in this thread and there is information about that and how you would be buying KMD for half of the ICO price.
RichardT

Activity: 391

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:39:13 PM

I have indeed been involved in many projects, but once I start it I do keep at it until it is done, even if it takes years.

I am still in the process of completing many of the projects and KMD is what enables a lot of them. Oh, and MGW has been done for quite a while. iguana is arguably complete to some degree, just missing a GUI which I dont do.

Also komodod is basically done at this point and it has a working dPoW, round robin mining, zero footprint 5% APR, assetchains, on-demand blocks, and pax completed. I probably forgot some other features I added to komodod, hopefully they wont be upset I didnt list them. With DEX, SVM generator and automated LP node, pangea in the process of being completed on the iguana side.

I estimate the amount of code I have written in the last three years is the equivalent of 10 to 20 man years of ordinary coding. How long do you suggest I should have completed it all in? 2 years?

Some of these accusations are pretty unfair to you, but in some people's defense, I don't think they're completely unfounded.  Unfortunately in the past 2-3 years, you've attached your name to way too many projects (whether or not you were directly involved) and most of these projects have not really amounted to anything.  I understand that you've been working hard and have never given up, but at this point it's kind of become your responsibility to prove these accusations wrong and clear your reputation.  Hopefully that can be done once Komodo and all these other features are finally released to the public.
tclo

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:58:40 PM

Some of these accusations are pretty unfair to you, but in some people's defense, I don't think they're completely unfounded.  Unfortunately in the past 2-3 years, you've attached your name to way too many projects (whether or not you were directly involved) and most of these projects have not really amounted to anything.  I understand that you've been working hard and have never given up, but at this point it's kind of become your responsibility to prove these accusations wrong and clear your reputation.  Hopefully that can be done once Komodo and all these other features are finally released to the public.

It's not his "responsibility" to prove anything to you.  Everyone else does not have these concerns.  His reputation is fine with everyone but you, and frankly I would rather him work on the code than debate trolls on the internet.
RichardT

Activity: 391

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:01:51 PM

It's not his "responsibility" to prove anything to you.  Everyone else does not have these concerns.  His reputation is fine with everyone but you, and frankly I would rather him work on the code than debate trolls on the internet.

You don't think it's his responsibility to investors, the people who provided funds to help keep his project(s) going?

And you're wrong, there are definitely enough people who has these concerns. Enough to create a reputation.
tclo

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:10:43 PM

15 BTC wall on Poloniex at .0032 eaten through once again.  Most likely the big seller will refresh it with another wall, but we will see.

But last two days have been the highest BTCD trading volume days on Poloniex in about 6 weeks..  Things are heating up......
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:15:43 PM

You don't think it's his responsibility to investors, the people who provided funds to help keep his project(s) going?

And you're wrong, there are definitely enough people who has these concerns. Enough to create a reputation.

Do you think people accusing him of things are actually investors?

Do you want him to waste time answering them over and over again instead of coding and increasing the value of the assets that investors have put money in?

I believe James has addressed all the "concerns" people have raised. If they choose not to find the answers it is not up to James to repeat them.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 10:18:26 PM

It is hard to respond specifically when you are making general statements...

I have done my part and am now waiting for others to complete their part. I guess my reputation is thus based on the work of others, which seems to indicate that what you are talking about is not my reputation, but the team's reputation.

As far as proving these false accusations as being false, even you admit that I have not abandoned projects. However my reputation of not being able to do any GUI is something that I dont see how I can fix, as I dont do GUI. If my reputation is that I cant do GUI, then it is well deserved. I say again, I dont do GUI. I dont do installers. I dont do websites.

I, too, am frustrated with delays for the BTCD snapshot, but I am not personally involved in that. I am not project manager, but coder of the low level core. I have faith in the team that they will complete the tasks that need to be done.

22naru

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:25:00 PM

can some1 help me and check if i have the good btcd.conf... my wallet dosent want to sync...

rpcuser=usKIl
rpcpassword=fD8xJECLNmwePd23
rpcport=14632
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
port=14631
daemon=1
server=1
addnode=146.185.188.6
addnode=54.85.50.15:50288
addnode=ps00.bitcoindark.ca
addnode=ps01.bitcoindark.ca
addnode=ps02.bitcoindark.ca
addnode=ps03.bitcoindark.ca
addnode=ps04.bitcoindark.ca
addnode=ps05.bitcoindark.ca
addnode=ps06.bitcoindark.ca
addnode=ps07.bitcoindark.ca
addnode=ps08.bitcoindark.ca
addnode=ps09.bitcoindark.ca
addnode=192.99.246.20
addnode=89.248.160.241
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 10:32:08 PM

I have coded what I said I would code for komodo. It is feature complete, in fact with bonus features like PAX. When bugs are found, I fix them reasonably quickly. Are there more bugs left to fix, probably, and when they are found I will fix them.

So, if my reputation is that I finish coding what I say I will and work hard to achieve this, but things out of my control prevent it from being released, how exactly do you suggest I fix it? It is out of my direct control. I have recruited capable devs to do the things that need to be done, but again, I cannot control the timing of other devs.

Does it matter that there is a GUI in beta testing? I just have no idea what would make impatient investors happy other than releasing final product, but again I do not do GUI. I do not do installers. I do not do websites. So I need to wait for those, just like everybody else.

Due to these personal attacks on me, I think it is best that I just take the weekend off as it does not seem to matter how hard I work toward improving the codebase. It is a long term process and not tied to a specific release event, but I guess this is not something that most investors will understand. Since there is nothing I can personally do to speed up the release process, and I will get attacked regardless of what I do.

tclo

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:34:46 PM

Ok perhaps I will do daily updates of the BTC/BTCD/KMD swap values for the next week or two.  Again, this is the only way to indirectly buy KMD right now.  Once the swap begins on the Komodo ICO site, you will be able to swap 1 BTCD for 50.4488 KMD.  Here are the current #s:

Current BTCD Price (Poloniex):  .00327 BTCD/BTC

Current BTC/BTCD ratio:
305.81 (amount of BTCD that you get for 1 BTC)

KMD/BTCD swap rate
: 50.4488 : 1 (amount of KMD you will get for each BTCD that you swap on ICO site)

KMD/BTC current ratio: 15427.768 (amount of KMD you get for 1 BTC worth of BTCD at current price on Poloniex)

KMD/BTC ICO rate: 7746.522 : 1 (amount of KMD you got for 1 BTC at the end of ICO with no bonus)

Current extra KMD via BTCD: +7681.246 KMD or +99.16% extra (relative to ICO KMD/BTC rate at the end of ICO with no bonus)

So at current prices, you get nearly twice the amount of KMD that you would have at the end of the ICO.

The price could nearly double from here to .006512 BTCD/BTC and you would still get the same amount of KMD per BTC spent as you could during the end of the ICO.

tclo

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:38:05 PM

So, if my reputation is that I finish coding what I say I will and work hard to achieve this, but things out of my control prevent it from being released, how exactly do you suggest I fix it? It is out of my direct control. I have recruited capable devs to do the things that need to be done, but again, I cannot control the timing of other devs.

Does it matter that there is a GUI in beta testing? I just have no idea what would make impatient investors happy other than releasing final product, but again I do not do GUI. I do not do installers. I do not do websites. So I need to wait for those, just like everybody else.

Due to these personal attacks on me, I think it is best that I just take the weekend off as it does not seem to matter how hard I work toward improving the codebase. It is a long term process and not tied to a specific release event, but I guess this is not something that most investors will understand. Since there is nothing I can personally do to speed up the release process, and I will get attacked regardless of what I do.

Yes you are on the Internet and trolls will attack you.  It is obvious and it is also inconsequential.  Do not worry about it and the overwhelming majority of us out here believe you have a great reputation.  So you are really basing your work schedule on what anonymous trolls online say about you?  That doesn't seem very logical.

Do not try to debate or argue with unreasonable people.  It will get you nowhere but frustrated and it's a waste of your valuable time...either spent coding or sleeping or spending time with family or gazing out the window or whatever.  There are few worse uses of your time than debating trolls online.

We know you are right and you can't use a logical argument to convince someone with an 80 IQ that they are talking trash. So my suggestion is to let it go and ignore and don't feed the trolls.
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: